WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

>be me
>walk into a verizon store
>girl walks up to me, says "hi how can i help you"
>i say "i am here to buy a phone"
>she asks for my account number, says "ok i just need you to sign in here to make changes to the account" >tries to hand me a tablet with sign in page
wut.jpg
>i say "no im not making changes to the account, im buying a phone"
>she says "yes but you have to log in to do that"
i become visibly confused at this point
>i say "no no you misunderstand, i am not changing my phone plan, i want to buy a new phone, just the hardware, and put my sim card out of my old phone and into the new phone"
>she says i still need to sign in
>i ask her what would happen if i just bought a phone from amazon, would i need to call verizon before putting in my sim card or something?
>she says no
>i ask her if these phones in the store are locked or unlocked, she says they are unlocked
>so what is the difference? why do i need to sign in?
We are both visibly agitated at this point, male sales person walks over
>he says some vague shit, "it is for the inventory system" or some retarded shit
>i tell him, "i am not here because this is a verizon store, i am here because this is a phone store. all i want to do is hand you $800 and walk out of here with a piece of hardware"
>he says "yes but we need to verify you own the account before--"
i interrupt him
>"i am not making changes to the account, i feel as though i must be missing something here"
>he says the same thing again about the inventory system or some shit

>silence among all 3 of us for about 10 seconds
?i turn 360 degrees and walk out

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK HAPPENED THERE. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? WHY THE FUCK WAS THAT SO FIFFICULT??? i'm going to by my fucking phone off the internet, FUCK VERIZON

Attached: feels_rage.jpg (601x601, 106K)

Why didn't you just sign in though

I'm crying LMFAO. This is some alpha-autist shit
Whats so bad about signing in?

I think this exchange would hold up as a legally binding autism diagnosis in some states

Pardon me, but turning 360 degrees would mean you turn a full circle. I think you meant 180 degrees.

Why the fuck would i type my password into some grubby public tablet that the dumb bitch probably got infected with a keylogger?? Why would i do that when i can accomplish this simple task via amazon or any other avenue without any strings attached????????? Literally give me 1 good reason to type in my fucking crednetials christ knows that dumb bitch couldnt

they wanted to jew you into the contract with buying the phone, I know at AT&T they make you do that now, I can't use free upgrades anymore, I have to pay a monthly fee to pay off the phone. its bs.

buy a phone straight from best buy, or amazon, or directly from the phones website

Seriously, was it autism

Attached: 1551644286369.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

i think OP is right. why couldn't he just buy a phone and walk out?

Why didn't you just say that you don't have an account?

he moon walked out

Finally a believable greentext. Good luck OP, from the sounds of it, you face greater obstacles than any of us

Attached: 701.jpg (623x423, 29K)

Every fucking business asks for a phone number, account number, semen sample, etc.

I couldn't even get a haircut yesterday without giving the desk roastie a cell number. Said 888-1234 and she started getting upset because "that's not a real number". FUCK YOU AND CUT MY HAIR

This shit is everywhere you'll have to biometrically authenticate your identity and watch an ad to use a public restroom by 2025. Chasing ever higher numbers somebody in marketing memes big data into some kind of necessity of doing business and then makes it employee SOP to get people to sign in and if they were capable of independent judgement and problem solving they wouldn't be retailcucks.

The people going "lol just sign in" would have made good commies/nazis whatever. "My flatmate is one of the guys who bombed a military railyard I reported him and the stasi dabbed on his ass lol. Started yelling some autistic shit before his execution didn't even finish before the trap door opened absolute cringe."

BAsed OP
Fight the power.

t.entitled zoomer

The fact that this user doesn't get the reference makes me feel old.

Justt get the phone from amazon like a chadman, they want to screw you with thier stupid plan

I run into the same problem. The whole point of brick and mortar stores is convenience, not having to wait for shipping. No clue why they cram it full of wagies tasked with hindering you. Last couple times I've just bought off Samsung's website. Verizon's business model is fucked up but I get a 25% discount through my employer so I begrudgingly remain.

i mean if thats what she said verbatim then i kinda understand if that got u flustered. dont know why ud go to the verizon store in the first place tho.

>"My flatmate is one of the guys who bombed a military railyard I reported him and the stasi dabbed on his ass lol. Started yelling some autistic shit before his execution didn't even finish before the trap door opened absolute cringe."

I'm glad we still live in a world where I can laugh at this instead of shiver. I wonder how much longer we have.

Go to bestbuy or something you autistic fuck. Who the fuck goes into a huge mobile chain store and asks to buy a marked up phone straight up? Why even have a phone, nobody wants to talk to you autist.

>No clue why they cram it full of wagies tasked with hindering you. Last couple times I've just bought off Samsung's website.

This is probably exactly it, to drive you to the online functionality so that they can one day close the brick-and-mortar and quit paying rent.

You're a absolute loser. You are a fucking dreg. Holy shit that was painful to read.

Have you ever bought anything without your parents? even at grocery stores or walmart they ask you for your phone number before you check out every single time.

What the fuck is this thread

OP, you did the right thing.
The jews just wanted to sell you useless shit.

They ask you for phone number at fucking grocery? lANd oF tHe FrEe

You should take this question to Jow Forums.

You probably did the right thing. Companies like Verizon tend to bait their customers into shit they didn't want in the first place and make it real hard to go back.
Where the fuck do you live user?

ok normoid

Attached: (you).png (500x460, 25K)

They don't, that's only if you have some sort of membership with the grocery store and forgot you're card

go to best buy

there

>despising = being mad

Did you seriously just spell Ustashe "Stasi"?

I agree, 360 turn means your Michael jacksoning ur ass outta there. Outstanding move.

You had to sign in because it was a company policy. The Employees have no power over whether you are allowed to sign in or not, if they do not follow through they will be punished .

Also why didn't you just create an alt if you were being so paranoid?

Don't you worry goy, jus sign in, and were gonna get you that new phone you want. Why sign in you ask? Don't sweat it just type in your login and password. Just trust me goy.

LMAO this is amazing. It feels like something I would do if I didn't have such terrible social anxiety to subdue my autistic tendencies in these kinds of situations.

Holy shit what she meant by changes to the account was what phone is registered to your account and mark in their inventory that person X sold Phone Y to Autist Z.

Attached: 1424045778206.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

Unironically based. Don't listen to those employees, OP.

>I'm crying LMFAO. This is some alpha-autist shit
>Whats so bad about signing in?
>I think this exchange would hold up as a legally binding autism diagnosis in some states

Attached: Ffuuu-Image-2.jpg (1716x633, 102K)

There's probably a different sized sim card or some shit you sperg
Why didn't you just sign in

Because then they'd just make him sign up for one. These places have ways to jew you at every turn.

you don't have a black dude with a barber shop who only takes cash and smokes blunts on his break?

>they pay people to make a user experience so bad that they have to discontinue it

genius

>ywn be paid to be incompetent and drive your own customers away

You have to get out of civilization and go to shit holes

Every single business near me is 100% cash based, you can't even pay with a debit card

Holy fucking shit I haven't seen autism this bad in a long time. You practically turned that phone store into an Italian restaurant.

don't know how it works with companies like Verizon sprint etc but why do they have to keep tabs on who buys what phone? If he's buying a unlocked phone outside of a contract why can't they just add it to their system same way they would at Walmart bestbuy or wherever burgers buy electronics?

My barber doesn't even take card, you have to pay in cash.

just say that you don't have an account and you literally just want to buy a phone to take it apart and see how it works.

>why do they have to keep tabs on who buys what phone?
Inventory and sales commissions.

>If he's buying a unlocked phone outside of a contract why can't they just add it to their system same way they would at Walmart bestbuy or wherever burgers buy electronics?
They often don't even care unless you feel like telling them.

This has gotta be a larp, no one's this autistic.

checked

but also i know people who disable all scripts on every webpage by default, then spend the time manually turning scripts on until the site works because they're so noided. I'm sure people like OP exist too.

oh man that was a read
you're really just not doing very well at the whole life thing I see

Holy shit I literally do this. NoScript is a godsend for people like me.

OP is literally just doing NoScript IRL

I am
>canceled my contract with verizon for this "you must sign and consent" non sense to buy a sim card.

What the fuck are going on about

??? Create and pay for an account you don't use

OP is absolutely correct and walking out was the right and smart thing to do. There is no advantage for him to sing in, only risks: the risk of being scammed by verizon into another contract or typing his information into a malware-ridden tablet for example. The only advantages are to verizon.

IM FUCKING CRYING ORIGINALLY

This. I'd have fucking left too.

How is refusing to sign up to some bullshit data mining scheme ""autistic""? Do you faggots all work at Verizon or something?

Attached: 1544049865226.png (763x679, 48K)

Yeah ok. Here's what actually happened here folks

>be op
>walk into store, sales clerk asks him his account number
>op mumbles something
>clerk asks him to please repeat himself
>op mutters something about "i dont think its necessary umm..."
>clerk asks him to clarify
>tears begin to well up in op's eyes and he starts breathing rapidly
>op pulls his dilapidated shitty old phone out of his pocket, looks at it and mutters something about needing to leave now
>says thank you and sorry simultaneously to the sales clerk and walks out the door

Just go to an Apple Store or go to Best Buys, retard lmao

>if his phone gets stolen, the IMEI is bound to him and buying that phone at a pawn shop will no longer work

LMAO

>even at grocery stores or walmart they ask you for your phone number before you check out every single time.
Quit lying out of your ass. I work at a grocery store and this absolutely does not happen.

There's such a thing as adapters, retard.

ITS THE FUCKING PRINCIPLE!

I have moments like this all the time. Good job OP for standing for your principles, no matter how "trivial" others may make it seem.

Attached: frens.png (790x837, 185K)

it happens if you forget to bring the card you need to get the deals, which is associated with your phone number anyways. Either you bring the barcode with your phone number coded into it or they ask you to put it in.

you got baited, stupid boomer

State Security Service of the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (Secret Police of Communist East Germany)

My dad, and most men of the boomer generation, will refuse to share personal info at stores.

I guarantee if I was in that situation, I would have left the store with a new phone and that girl's number

Can't even come up with an arguement lol.

Attached: 1551655324461.gif (120x140, 156K)

Anyone saying to just sign is a good goy and might be spared in the purge.

You did well user. I would have probably br to afraid to say anything. You acted like a Chad.

Op you did nothing wrong. There was no real need for you to make an account.

In case you aren't LARPing:
Big companies such as Verizon do these blanket account verifications to try and prevent fraud. It didn't matter that you weren't making changes to the account, they still had to verify you to free themselves from potential liability.
I worked for Dish Network for a few years and they did this exact same thing.
So yeah, you got some autism.

Attached: jc6v6oexgtxz.png (1920x1080, 478K)

Based logic

normies are NPCs user

>Literally give me 1 good reason to type in my fucking crednetials
Save time and get the interaction over with at no cost to yourself.

Where to even start with you, OP.
She wasn't trying to have you sign in because she wanted to or because she thought it was the rational thing to do, but because it's fucking company policy that she is obligated to follow or else she gets the boot.
If you really want to complain about the merits of said policy, write a message to corporate.

just go to best buy user i got a samsung s7 for like 300