How long does it take to get good at drawing?

How long does it take to get good at drawing?

Attached: 7tk6hsbrq2k21.jpg (3264x1836, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
sohorevue.com/picasso-the-fraud/
skribbl.io/?WLBGo2FV9K
youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59yFZ7Y
youtube.com/channel/UCAZZ8kXStsAD_SJS9LWNdEQ
twitter.com/cagle_evan
twitter.com/ataboh/media
twitter.com/kaiikarashi/media
twitter.com/nanban319/media
twitter.com/waterkuma0/media
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that is not good at drawing

This is good at drawing

when you learn proper shading its pretty much it

this is okay at drawing with lots of room for improvement

everybody has their own style!
i like that style keep up the good work

Attached: hifumiiii.jpg (2480x3507, 1.42M)

Just keep going user, you won't ever get better if you give up. They say a master masters his craft at 10,000 hours.

that's outstanding good OP

I've seen sad attempts

"Good" is arbitrary. A lot depends on your goal in drawing. Some have a calling for superrealistic renderings of figures and scenes,others want to tell stories. Your anime picture is nice and fits the genre well,but I would strive for making a style that was distinctly your own. Experiment in sketchbooks, then take the bits you like and make bigger works with them. Find your own voice.

Attached: IMAG001 (8).jpg (1134x1338, 234K)

That's 90th percantile, ya shitfuck. Very few people even know what shading is .

Maybe a year or two

Attached: 1502103248653.jpg (1080x1078, 369K)

I'm going to fap to this pic now.

I'm gonna consider it as a compliment.

Attached: 18581317_114035515846812_1670139436534333440_n.jpg.jpg (1080x1350, 179K)

Depends on your style etc.
I've been doing pixel art for 5-6 months.

Attached: CyberpunkBackgroundGIF.gif (1280x720, 159K)

Can you teach me senpai?

check out that tutorial, is really straight up and short, after you are done with it just experience and search for ur style, if you need any help drop ur discord and ill add u.

Attached: SeaThemeAnimated.gif (1280x720, 25K)

How's the game coming along?

>you have to actually know how to draw in order to do this

well shit

e4zy_nibba #3061

Pretty shit my dude, i gave up on my dreams etc and im going to a medical UNI, its about time i guess, it was a nice hobby.
You earn kinda shit in the game dev domain so yeah, im done with it.

Attached: Hitler.png (380x214, 4K)

Aww, damn. Well for what it's worth, I really enjoyed the demo.

Thank you user, makes me happy to hear that.

Attached: DeadGirl.png (1080x1350, 54K)

I did this in like 2004 but never posted it anywhere because I was not allowed to go online. Maybe someone like you can appreciate it

Attached: 3D_future.png (1025x1157, 544K)

Here is the complete image

Attached: 3D_future_complete.png (512x534, 317K)

Grab a fucking anatomy book and start drawing poses

Good ol' isometry
oregano

Attached: Carr.png (1200x1200, 68K)

Fuck shit wow

looks good but if you want to get serious you still need to practice normal drawing senpai
especially perspective because there's a lot of issues in there (tho it definitely looks good to the uninitiated eye)

Keeping a good perspective is hard, i always draw in the same 4 shades, i do it because it makes the drawing feel like a minigame and more challenging . Ngl, i should practice normal drawing but normally i draw like an infant and im nowhere close to get serious, drawing is more of a hobby i pick up rarely.

oh I don't have a problem with the shading at all, it looks good and really gives you that cold 80/synthwave vibe that really fits the pixel art style, you're doing a really good work with that, especially the sky and background

but the car itself has a lot of issues, which is to be expected because this perspective is really fucking hard for a beginner
like the car itself doesn't seem to be driving on the road but slightly above it, you should rotate the white lines ever so slightly and make them go more to the right instead of so far down (or rotate the whole car but that's a lot more work so fuck that)
also the wheels don't align correctly
and the left side of the roof of the car should protrude more/the right side of the windshield shouldn't go so far up and to the right

but great job still, you shouldn't give up

jeez why are good artists always so mean to beginner ones
this is why I'm scared of anyone seeing my beginner shit

Nobody was mean to me even im a beginner, just post ur stuff user and ignore people if they dont give u constructive criticism.

Attached: RetrosteticPfp.png (800x800, 47K)

the problem with me is that if they skip straight to criticizing without even a bit of complimenting or encouraging I feel like that's just mean :[
I'm kind of autistic in that regard

Try to understand ur autistic and accept the criticism.

Attached: MeowGIF.gif (648x648, 8K)

I've been drawing for a while and still feel reluctant to post. It's just insecurity really.
Criticism if it's well put and understandable hurts but suck it up and learn.

your art is super cute btw :[
I love art and wish I could draw well

pick-up this tutorial and try to learn, im sure you are gonna be able to do decent pixel art in just 1 week.

Attached: Love.jpg (1080x1350, 221K)

how the fuck was that mean?
and I did tell him he did a great job with his shading and background and stuff, what the fuck

should I just told him everything was perfect and not say anything else?

>they
>(((they)))
this comes from some popsci book sperging over jewish seamstresses. it's been proven wrong again and again

I unironically prefer OP's drawing to what you posted

>just lern anatomy bro
fucking retard, go redline a picasso drawing

you're a retard if you think picasso didn't know anatomy

Attached: npg-1051-1508-3.jpg (651x900, 124K)

What is this even implying? That picasshit is an artist? If thats the case then you probably shouldn't be drawing in the first place.

Just nail a piece of shit to your wall and call your self an art connoisseur.

I'm really jealous of artists, since they seem to have the ability to imagine something new in their brains, which is an incredible talent to me. I'm pretty smart in the academics, but have zero creativity. I can picture stuff in my head that I've seen before, but to come up with something new is like magic to me.

Reminder that Picasso was such a fantastic artist that he drew a pigeon at age 6 that made his father, a lifelong artist, quit art forever. He didn't just start with cubism. Like most everything creative, you have to know the rules before you can bend them in ways that actually work.

no you have to do it like this:
I'm really jealous of artists. Even though I make six figures in a software engineering job, I still can't draw worth a damn. It would be pretty cool if I could make the pictures to go along with my ultra-complex, super-technical code so I don't have to pay any artist to doodle for me. Oh well, guess I'm just a left-brain, logical, rational-minded kind of guy haha

It takes as long as it takes.
Good is also subjective as your perception of what is good narrows as you yourself get better.

If you're asking because you want to get better, the best advice is to start now.

Nope, I'm a NEET. My anxiety is far too bad at this point to get a job. I'd have to go on daily meds, and that is a terrible idea. I have a biology degree, also, so no 6 figures for me.

my art style is very simple... ive been drawing digitally for at least 5 years ! this was a small doodle commission i did.
any other anime/furry artists wanna talk to discord? im looking for art friends

Attached: 4DA4D28C-6858-42B2-B2AC-0BF58E4B1DB5.jpg (468x663, 82K)

Dunno. I spent a huge part of my childhood and adolescence drawing, but I was shit at it when I stopped. My mom kept saying I was good, but I think she did it out of pity, as I have no talents or skills.

Okay. You are actually retarded.

Am I, or do you just not understand how art works? Even though I'm personally not an artist, I'm pretty decent at writing and the difference between something an expert wrote breaking the rules and an amateur wrote trying to do something new and different is clear as day. Maybe if you're willing to put forward an actual argument, I could at least tell you why you're an idiot, but this will have to work.

>pidgeon at 6
Different user, where can I find that image, I tried googling it but I couldn't find it.

Attached: painting-self-portrait-style-evolution-pablo-picasso-1[1].jpg (700x1065, 311K)

>B&W to emphasize values
>Muh realism
>Muh Pencils
You can do this shit after a month ezpz
Getting gud is entirely different

i also draw simple stuff with mostly just 1 character. pic related from yesterday.
do you always draw in chibi-ish style?

Attached: wind.png (1389x1959, 360K)

I always heard it was 1000 not 10,000 though varies on the skill
10,000 hours is 3 and a half years of doing something for 8 hours a day everyday

!!! your anatomy is so good! id love to see more of your work, if you have any !
and nah, i dont always draw chibis. sometimes i do semi-chibi or regular :, D

uwu lets share dickswords frens
(i do prefer free and open source platforms)

these pigeons suck dude

Attached: dumbass pigeons.jpg (500x261, 28K)

beobe#0222 is mine !

The saying is 10,000 hours, but its a load of baloney anyway
We're all human and some people have talent and/or can practice more effectively than others

Fizz#4471

You didn't do better when you were six

i also didn't have my dad teach me to draw and still suck at it. worst. pigeons. ever.

sohorevue.com/picasso-the-fraud/

skribbl.io/?WLBGo2FV9K
Join me and other anons in a fun match

Attached: GeometrysShit.png (1080x1080, 42K)

Any friendly art fag discords? I wanna meet draw fags

Attached: IMG_0867.gif (603x393, 64K)

Imagine being so famous that the most people can to do to criticize your work is to write long essays on it. It'd be kinda cool

I don't know OP but I drew hundreds of these and I'm still shit. Probably doesn't help that I drew on index cards.

Attached: tumblr_ohhezlMZW31sh9aw0o1_1280.png (821x1229, 532K)

Drawing a so many hours/so many drawings doesn't actually help you improve unless you're actively studying and learning.
Have you ever sat down with an art book and gone through the lessons/exercises?

Yeah, a couple times I did Loomis. It helped a bit but I ended up even worse for a while so i got frustrated and gave up. Mostly because had trouble with shapes and sistances.

Loomis is good but it isn't the end all artbook. There are other good ones like Hampton and Brigman and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Loomis didn't really stick for me either the first time I used it but after cycling through a couple different books it all slowly started coming together.

Also check out videos like Glen Vilppu and Proko (as much as he gets memed he has some useful stuff)

And accounts like willwestonstudio and kevinwueste and much more.

Anyways you just gotta dig for what works for you.

>tfw you decide that just drawing cute anime girls is a total waste of your talent and creativity
>tfw you decide to explore the ideas on your mind, draw all sorts of weird things
>tfw years later you find yourself very dissatisfied for not being able do draw cute anime girls

youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59yFZ7Y
youtube.com/channel/UCAZZ8kXStsAD_SJS9LWNdEQ
you'll see fast improvement if you practice gesture everyday
which is definitely not everything there is to "studying anatomy" but it's a good first start

Oh shit, that guy.

i actually enjoy your stuff.

I forgot to mention to always look back on your inspiration. As you're learning try to think of how they applied those basic forms and lines, etc. to their work also try an imitate them. And just to remind your self on why you wanted to draw in the first place.

Some of my favorites off the top of my head:
twitter.com/cagle_evan
twitter.com/ataboh/media
twitter.com/kaiikarashi/media
twitter.com/nanban319/media
twitter.com/waterkuma0/media

Any art books that focus on proportions and drawing people from scratch?

From my experience you can't just draw people from scratch without using alot of references first. You can only do that once you have some experience from drawing from life and using references, after a while you just get a feel for proportions.

he drew both of these at 10.

Attached: pc1892.png (1195x833, 1.56M)

alright those are much better than the pigeons.

>10yo could draw better than you will in 15
fuck this gay earth