What were you like at 17 user? Would you say you changed since then? Would you say you were dumb back then?

What were you like at 17 user? Would you say you changed since then? Would you say you were dumb back then?

Attached: shrink.jpg (800x536, 37K)

I was a stupid edgy atheist that took his awesome life for granted. I'm a much better person now but my life is shit, like anyone else here

I was fatter and more retarded but I still had some hope
Not much has changed

I was totally obsessed with this one girl in my high school. She was all I thought about during that time. Also, I was diagnosed with OCD and BPD by my local Jew doctor around this time.

Well Im 18 now so
But I can say I changed anyway (from when I was 15-17)
Im more patient now, learned to control my anger
I dont depend on internet people anymore
Got hope that one day my issues will be solved
Became religious

Attached: Mu0uEhyDgw.gif (500x691, 901K)

>I was a stupid edgy atheist
Same, except I was pretty poor, so it wasn't an awesome life.

>I was totally obsessed with this one girl in my high school
Also this. It was the most powerful crush I ever had. Ironically, when I actually got to kiss her, I felt only deep regret. Needless to say, this didn't turn into a relationship.

>socially awkward to the max
>paranoid and worried about everything. Only left house for college
>health anxiety and eating issues
>insane Internet addiction

I'm much better now at 23. Not perfect but a very different person to what I was. Too bad I ruined those years and wasnt out enjoying life with the other 17 year olds.

I wouldn't say a was stupid persay, but I was really fuckin naive. I thought if i just get an associates in marketing id have no problem getting a job. Life turned out a little harder than silly little me could have thought

It was like a part of my brain was shut off and reserved for when I would watch SOL anime at night. I remember my dad tried to not allow me to sleep with my phone in my room and I begged him to let me, he didn't know it was because of anime. Each school day I'd live out as a farce, hating everyone as I saw them as against me, and all I'd look forward to each day was a few more episodes of my fresh new anime with my new anime friends. I remember one kid thinking I'd be a school shooter which got me pissed, I simply wanted nothing to do with his pompous ass.

Attached: medium-athah-anime-ef-hiro-hirono-miyako-miyamura-ef-a-tale-of-original-imaf9hckegbahm6k.jpg (832x624, 67K)

ive barely changed since the age of 12.
I picture it as a gradient that goes from almost pure to completely corrupted, the older i get the worse it becomes.

I was aware of how shit things were going to be but I was able to keep it at the back of my mind.

Now it's at the front of my mind. I was also dumber but happier.

I was 17 in 2016 during the election so i was a full blown magatard who obsessed over the globalist agenda and wasn't even aware of the JQ

Nearly a social hermit at that point. Only went out of the house for school or to buy some food. I hanged out with a couple of other socially awkward people, but never really talked to them expect for maybe cracking an occasional joke or something. I'm 20 and nothing has really changed expect for getting a shitty job, going to community college and more drugs and booze.

It's kinda funny to think about how I thought I was miserable back then, but now it seems like a happy time in my life compared to the present.

Attached: l-8438-man-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-additional-bit-of-hope-he-didnt-even-know-he-sti (700x876, 308K)

What a well timed question. I just talked about this with my friends a few days ago.

Practically every person says they were dumb when they were younger. Took stupid risks, acted irresponsibly, had stupid and shallow personalities, etc. I find it curious because for me it's always been the opposite.

I'm almost 40, and I'm practically exactly the same now as I was when I was a kid. More experienced, of course. A bit hardened, perhaps. But otherwise the same.

When I was a kid, everyone around me was immature, irresponsible, and stupid as fuck. People picked fights for no reason, bullied for no reason, and generally were dumb as bricks and into stupid things like cars, useless boasting and social power plays. I was a nerd an and a weirdo, interested in natural sciences, literature, politics, games and comics. Just generally an outcast. No matter how hard I tried to be nice and get along, people were just dicks all over the place for no other reason than being dicks. This continued more or less all through highschool. Then as I moved away from country into a big city and entered University, people started being smarter. Kinder. Better. There were still assholes and retards, but they were fewer inbetween.

Ultimately as I graduated and entered work life, there were only few rotten apples left. And then as I advanced in my career, I was finally among other actually useful and decent people. People who could discuss almost anything without being emotional, dumb or hurt by it. People who had similar hobbies, were interested in politics, physics and astronomy. People who felt no need to waste time acting like some primates.

So yeah... for me, I didn't really change much at all. Everyone else did. Or rather, my environment did, so the animals got left behind.

i forgot most things that happened before i turned 19, its nothing traumatic
its just nothing absolutely nothing I did nothing

17 yr old me:
>le epic self improvisation
>nofap
>metal is so cool ecksdee \m/
>woah im gonna be an illustrator n shiet!
>I swear down I have literal autism
>too much of a pussy faggot to even neck myself properly
>eat anti depressants, masturbate, binge watch nickelodeon cartoons and play ds2 all summer

I'm still just as autistic but more self aware. Which is even worse.

I wonder if the people who you now consider decent and useful were the same animals that you encountered throughout your youth. After all, as you said, most people say they were dumb and shallow when they were kids, so it's possible that some of those people were animals that wisened up, or just otherwise drained out all the pompousness of their youth. It's strange how some people mature so much sooner, yet in the end everyone gets there all the same, and usually your early maturity doesn't give you much of a lead. But maybe I'm wrong.

>nofap
>eat anti depressants, masturbate, binge watch nickelodeon cartoons and play ds2 all summer
something doesn't add up here

i still hadn't realized how generally bad people are so pretty fucking dumb.

I honestly don't feel like I've matured at all past 16. Everyone always called me mature at that age, though. I kind of fixed my major flaws before then and nothing has changed since.

That's actually pretty good. I only started fixing my flaws at 19.

I'm definitely still a flawed person, but I got my anger issues under control and a few other things. My personality is pretty fucked underneath, but I keep a pretty decent mask in public thanks to anxiety.

this

the amount of time that passes and how I feel is a linear decline

Attached: 309485.jpg (2400x1800, 385K)

It's a fair point actually. Though I still know of quite a few of the people from my childhood and they seem to be just as useless and primal in their behavior as they always were. But that's not to say that many others in similar situations didn't grow up eventually.

>thought i knew every about life and myself
>kissless virgin kek
>wore doc martens X2 KEK
>actually retarded

i kind of hard no idea what was coming for me, i had lived in the suburbs forever, i was on the brink of college. i was so different i barely remember that person.

>What were you like at 17 user?
I was me mostly.
>Would you say you changed since then?
I've become older and a bit more "wise"
Maybe I'm bit less arrogant than back then.
>Would you say you were dumb back then?
If you compare me to other 17-year olds, no.
I was above average IQ for sure.

I was a fool, used to spend all my time talking to some Canadian woman whom I had been talking to since I was 13, she introduced me to all the degenerate fetishes I had at the time. Man I was so dumb, I can't remember much from that age though. Maybe I'm suppressing something, doc.

What are some good ~300$ laptops that aren't Thinkpads?

Wrong thread, but they don't really exist. Anything under 500 is gonna be pretty shitty. Just get something with windows.

Fuck. Well, can you at least recommend a brand? Or does it really not matter at that price range?

It's been awhile since I've bought a laptop, but you might just want to purchase something used that has decent specs. You might have to pick up a new HDD, but it will be cheaper.

As for brands, I have no clue what is quality today.

17 was peak chad year for me

>lost my virginity a month before turning 17
>had nympho gf that whole year of being 17, had sex all the time, like came in this girls vagina 3-4 times a day
>had lots of sex in public places, including movie theaters, back seat of cars our parents'/older siblings were driving us around in, school bathrooms
>teachers gave favorable seating arrangements so I could sit with my gf in every class we had together
>taught gf's little sister to read
>worked 2 jobs and saved up a shitton of money and spent 2 weeks in italy/sicily
>started freelance tutoring gig
>did lots of camping/hiking and other outdoorsy stuff, got in best shape of my life excluding times where i've put in a ton of effort to be in shape

it was a good time. 9 years later my life is much more boring, and i haven't gotten laid in years. kinda sucks desu, wish i could go back.

>drop out of highschool
>no memories whatsoever, lived with my dad for a while, typical neet lifestyle i guess
>still go to the end years exams thanks to a theater teacher that took a liking in me
>actually pass them
17 and an half
>was going to uni in a different part of my country
>lived in a small room in my uni that i paid with the small scholarship everyone can have
>only attended the first day, panicked, never went to class again
>lied to everyone, including my only friend who wasn't attending the same classes
>curtains down all day
>only go out at night
>piss in the sink and shower at 3am because collective bathroom
>premade food and sandwichs because scared of going to the collective kitchen
>only friend becomes a normie, invited me to a few parties, plagued with l'esprit de l'escalier so this didn't go so well
>drop out and leave the room, never see him again, he was starting to be an asshole to me so it's all good
>never inform uni, move out to a small appartment
>minimal furniture, matress, armchair, small desk, table and one chair
>pretty much keep the same lifestyle
>not a lot of memories from this time period except grocery shopping at my local grocery store with a nice fat cashier, Jow Forums and night bike rides
>night bike rides are an important memory because of an album that works like a madeleine de proust everytime
>wait till midnight, take my bike and go to the river next to the road with a beer and music to watch the traffic
>one my favorite memories
>bike gets stolen
>uni finds out that i'm not in uni
>government wants its money back
>i'm not american so it's not too much, 50 euros a month, stopped paying eventually so they retrieved 2000 euros on my bank account 3 years later
>no money coming in
>find a retail job close to my dad in another part of the country
>move out again

Attached: madeleines.jpg (1200x1600, 377K)

> became religious
how does one become dumber