25+ Thread - Jaded Edition

25+ Thread

I've been unemployed the last 2 months and the NEET life is alright but I just accepted a job offer today.
My previous jobs were in shipping and receiving, first as just a regular grunt and next as a global manager for the company coordinating shipments and containers.

It's another shipping and receiving job but this time in an aerospace manufacturing company so everything is incredibly high precision and I'd also be apprenticing as a machinist. I'm a bit out of my element but have the ability to adapt to the situation and I was a semester away from a welding degree before I got tired of school.

Starting off at 22/hour with a pay increase after a 2 week evaluation, it'll be fucking early in the morning though so I'll be waking up at 5 leaving at 2, very light traffic at those times and it gives me some time at the beginning and end of the day for winding down with podcasts

Attached: 1440217271549.jpg (858x536, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That sounds like a sweet setup. Isn't there a shortage of machinists and welders?

Yes that seems to be the trend since everyone our age growing up was told that those were going to be automated away and not worth taking.

There's a nationwide shortage of truck drivers that would let you work wherever you want

CNC jobs are comfy user. Good luck. I'm with the company for the last 5 years and have my own separate room with my own machine and I also do all the CAD stuff by myself so I can let my autism flow.
It's the only perk of this life.

Attached: 1550682045209m.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

>It's the only perk of this life.
The pay must be pretty good though, yea?

Yeah it is but I spend every penny of it on alcohol and my car.
Essentially I just spend everything on escapism.

Attached: 1550078955574.jpg (494x494, 124K)

how did you get that job? help a fellow out

Your life just sounds so sad. Poor baby. Whaa waaaaa waaa

>still no income
>debt keeps increasing
>keep getting auto-turned-down for jobs I qualify for
>not a single phonecall or interview for a month now despite sending about 45-50 applications
>don't know what the fuck even
I have a degree and 22 is what I got after an entire year of experience. What a fucking scam.

I live in Seattle so I don't know what your rent is but I'm paying 470/mo just for a bedroom in a house with 3 other people

How's the /out/ing in your area?

Attached: copy7.jpg (2656x1494, 1.38M)

There was a shortage of people willing to work with their hands. It's as simple as that. I actually only have high school and that high school was art focused.
t. incel zoomer
Pretty good actually. I essentially live inside a national park.

I pay 3 times that.

28, been thinking about suicide all the time lately. Need to throw out a lot of things.
>unemployed for a year
>BS EE and a year of experience, can't even get an interview
>khhv
There's literally no point in being alive.

>28

Just negotiated a schedule where I only have to work three 14 hour days instead of six ten hour days. Still earning a decent amount and have time for drinking or hobbies. Also got an opportunity to do private catering with two other coworkers for wealthy clientele. This year is finally changing for the better.

>>Pretty good actually. I essentially live inside a national park.
I'm jelly, I live in flyover country. There's a nearby city, there's lots of suburbs, and there's cornfields and cow pastures. That's it for hundreds of miles around. It's all completely flat.

Any board game stores nearby?

one close by that I've never been to, one quite a drive away that I used to go to with some people I knew. but of said people some moved away and the rest don't /tg/ anymore.

I know that technically the solution to that is to show up anyway and try to get in on stuff, but I'm not sure I have the balls to do that. Especially because my group never bothered to keep up with the trendy new stuff, we just played D&D 3.0 (and later Pathfinder) year after year. I'm pretty sure whatever is popular now is something I haven't even heard of.

So I thought I could finally leave this place. I got my shit together and went back to grad school, did really well my first semester, better than I've ever done in my life, and I made a really fantastic, close-knit group of friends.

Now my best friend has cut off all communication with me because I made an offensive comment. Because of that I'm not getting invited to anything in the group any more and I'm more lonely than I've ever felt in my life. Back to drinking beer every night and smoking weed to get myself to sleep.

One step forward, two steps back.

Attached: mikepeeking.png (308x294, 153K)

You'd be surprised, no harm going in and checking out the schedule. Worse that could happen is you out-outcast the people at the outcast store but then just find a game you can play solo

Anybody want to play Apex? I'm pretty shit

bumping this shit mainly as a protest.

you're probably gone, but i really am happy for you.

Anyone gone to the bars alone. I'm too cowardly but I can convince myself to do it if someone tells me how I'm supposed to act

I finally worked up the courage to do it. It's pretty cool if you don't pick a dance club or fast-paced bar. You just sit there and drink. Mess with your phone if you want. People ignore you, which is no different than the rest of my life.

Not the answer I was hoping for desu

Do you know what kind of beer you like?

Wheat or sours why

ATTENTION ALL Jow Forums USERS - Heinrich needs your help to unify the fractured Jow Forums community on Discord and wipe out all of the dead servers, but to do this, he needs more active posters and a couple of shills, but you got to be quick, join his rapidly growing server today to help secure this victory:
discord
.gg/spgbeZR

ec

Attached: ∩ 4.png (4584x3856, 88K)

Just sit down and ask the guy for a beer

Well it has it's disadvantages. As I get closer to my 30th birthday I feel more and more desire to finally meet someone nice and settle down.
That's pretty hard to do when you live in the middle of nowhere. Also I refuse to move to a big city and girls love cities so that makes the chance even slimmer.

Attached: 1551820873549.jpg (1000x1502, 256K)

sounds like you're doing well. nice for a change of pace around here

Attached: il_1140xN.1153018325_e74v.jpg (1140x1600, 293K)

nice digits my frog man

thx brah. hope this friday night is treating you well

Attached: il_1140xN.1202988505_gw6q.jpg (1140x1521, 272K)

But it's Saturday morning?

Attached: 1551816523864.png (700x587, 173K)

whats going on in this image why did someone make it

You would understand it if you were a true robot.

Attached: 1548994860915.jpg (520x403, 34K)

So lonely. So aIone.

Attached: 57842185778584.jpg (226x223, 7K)

what did you say user?

otoih

>met girl
>get along alright
>been seeing her for about 2 weeks
>it becomes clear our goals for the future are different (she wants to settle, I want to travel)
>she doesn't know my goals yet
>not sure if to continue because she's alright or axe it now since we have different ideas of what we want to do