Does anyone else here like the idea of just going to a cool bar, having drinks, and relaxing

does anyone else here like the idea of just going to a cool bar, having drinks, and relaxing

Attached: bar-lounge-in-a-skyscraper-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44F6G5Ehsls&list=PLvpFenv-nFqI19mtaAOf5aybg5IEcHlYL
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best feeling ever, OP. Just minding your own business, thinking about stuff.

while i dont think you need to necessarily be old to do that, the only decent and atmospheric bar ive been to in my life has been angels share in NYC. kind of the worlds best known secret now but i really enjoyed my experience there. cocktails were great

Yeah if I'm by myself and not disturbed by anyone whilst there, it's pretty darn /comfy/ desu

Attached: 1552096171779.jpg (900x686, 174K)

i just wish i had some friends to share it with. it feels lonely going to bars alone because you see everyone else talking and having engaging conversations with each other.

damn i wanna go to NYC and go there. i love going to city bars

i dont live there but visit once in a while. its a speakeasy type bar that has no sign and the entrance is inside an izakaya so it feels kinda cool. pic rel are some cocktails i had last time, the rght one the flirtibird was the best cocktail ive had in my life

Attached: IMG-9974.jpg (3924x1194, 1.27M)

I went to a nice Italian place tonight with my mom for her birthday. Even though we left the wine there and had to go back for it, it was pleasant.

I prefer to drink alone. Every night.

man that is so fucking cool. thanks for sharing. i love shit like this.

IS IT WEIRD TO GO TO BAR ALONE. ABOUIT TO GO TO BAR ALONE

It's pretty weird and you'll probably just sit there and buy overpriced drinks while staring at random people for a few seconds.

cheers man, hopefully you can make it up there one day or even if you cant, i hope you get to keep experiencing some great bars
not really but it also depends on what type of bar. local watering hole is perfect for alone and while you can still drin k alone at a college bar, i wouldnt recommend

Not really
>in person interaction means I have to quickly think of conversation topics and responses on the spot
>drinking causes my inhibitions to leave me, making it likely that i'll let out something ridiculous
>don't like taste of alcohol or know the names of any drinks, look like a child compared to knowledgable alcoholics that frequent the place
>surrounded by drunk chads who would think it's funny to mess with me and try to impress my hot gf

Others will see it as weird/assume you are friendless. Even more so if you have a weird appearance or just look akward.

Whether you care or not is on you I suppose though.

I've never been in a cool bar. Most of the ones around here are full of sad old men, or violent young men that want to show how they are more violent than someone they think is stronger.

I tried drinking alone a few times. Never really works. You always feel awkward and out of place. It would probably only work at a hotel bar or something and not a random bar in the city where people flock to. You will mostly likely just feel lonely and awkward and spending way too much on drinks. It's a shame because the atmosphere of bars is great.

>surrounded by drunk chads who would think it's funny to mess with me and try to impress my hot gf
this is a terrible feel

Attached: 1552074784040.png (1000x1000, 376K)

I like to drink alone and watch documentaries

my dream is to go to a bar one night, get some good drinks...have good talk with the bartender...meet some people who think i'm cool and want to talk with me and have good conversation. soak in the life of the city and have those moments of relevation where i can truly feel like myself and enjoy the night.

but...i dont think that would ever happen. i will just be alone.

Attached: Bar-London-Shard.jpg (1206x803, 195K)

this looks like one of those places where people will stop a conversation with you midway when they find out you make less than six figures

Where the FUCK are these bars?

airport bar is top tier for solo drinking. any time of day pass

I have been to the real life diviest of dives

Attached: 1539126355023.jpg (300x168, 53K)

yo same lol I got like 13 tabs up from r/documentaries

I'm normally not a fan of bars, pubs, or clubs, but going to a low key skybar high up in a skyscraper somewhere would be p. cool

Attached: SkyBar.jpg (1000x664, 212K)

the dive bar near me is called the "hideaway" and is down an alley. im pretty sure the bartender deals drugs on the side

I actually had this experience a few times when I was traveling in London. I just sat next to some college professors at this college bar and we started talking about American politics when they noticed my accent. It was a lot of fun, I even became facebook friends with one of them.

But if I go to a bar in my city here I clam up and can't talk to anyone. It's weird, something about traveling opens me up to new experiences and other people but I can't do that just in my real life.

is skybar a chain, or just a type? we have one in pittsburgh

Attached: skybar-pittsburgh-pool.jpg (612x612, 115K)

How do you even talk to the bartender lol
>hey
>hi what would you like to drink?
>oh nothing really I was just wondering whats up

you'd be surpried, theres a lot of qt bartenders who talk because either they're nice or want tips. i've had some really cool bartenders that talk all about the city

I feel like a high-class, but not overly snooty cocktail bar would have the coolest atmosphere. Too bad I live in the south and all the bars down here are dives with smelly rednecks and faggot barely legal zoomers.

i recently went to a cocktail bar in philly that was fucking cool. like they had couches for seating and the staff wanted to treat you like a rich person. i genuionely felt part of the upper class.

what are you watching right now?
I'm watching the Ken Burns documentary about the Roosevelts. I'm going through a rough time right now and the story about how Teddy Roosevelt's wife and his mother died on the same day is really helping me put things in perspective.

See, I don't even really want this. I just want a clean, classy place where the bartender actually knows what the fuck they're doing and isn't a douche either. Somewhere that keeps out the undesirable people and nobody goes there to get blackout drunk, just enjoy a well-crafted cocktail.

right now im watching the engineering an empire series, mfw there's zoomers in the comments complaining their teacher forced them to watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=44F6G5Ehsls&list=PLvpFenv-nFqI19mtaAOf5aybg5IEcHlYL
they're basic intros

got some david attenborough blue planet 2 lined up after that

are there a lot of cool bars in new york like rooftop bars?

desu whenever i go to NY i tend to drin kat korean/japanese bars since thats the shit i like but im sure there are. theres pretty much anything in NY. for rooftops though be sure to go in the summer. where do yu live user? no rooftops where youre at?

i live in pittsburgh. im sure there are a few rooftop bars here, but not a ton, and i feel awkward going alone in a city where i live. downtown pittsburgh is wierdily empty

iver never been but i always assume bigger cities were filled with people. shows how ignorant my suburban ass is lol. i think feeling awkward about it is normal but once you get a good buzz on and get to enjoy the mood it can be a good night. hope you find a good home bar you can relax at friend

Milwaukee actually has some cool rooftop bars
Milwaukee in the summer is really fucking nice

I have went a few times alone. Im trying to make more friends and just socialize. I usually drink two beers and by then Im kinda tipsy and chat up whoever is next to me while also looking at my phone if the convo dies. Fuck it. The last time I went I met my buddy there for about 30 mins and he had to go so I drank for another hour by myself. The guy next to me was homeless or something so while I chatted him up a bit I left because he was so dirty looking and smelly I didnt want to really talk to him anymore.

I dont even care if I talk to girls or guys, once Im drunk Ill talk to anyone. I also mainly go to non party bars and there are always people there alone.

Easy man, they are forced to talk to you and there job is humoring drunk people. Hows your day going so far
Is this busy or slow
How do you like working here?

As I get drunker I sometimes just hit on/flirt with them. Asking if they are married yet/have a bf and why is a girl as cute as them not and what not

Its hard to explain. Cities are filled with people but it often feels lonely too. Everyone has their group already.

Ive also went the scumbag old man route and kept calling a cocktail waitress doll or sweetheart or variations of shit like that the drinker I got just to try it. It was laughable at how absurd I got near the end cause I was just drunk as fuck. They will take it for $2 tips lol

Or just drink at home because cheaper alcohol and you can jerk off without getting arrested

ATTENTION ALL Jow Forums USERS - Heinrich needs your help to unify the fractured Jow Forums community on Discord and wipe out all of the dead servers, but to do this, he needs more active posters and a couple of shills, but you got to be quick, join his rapidly growing server now to help secure this victory:
discord
.gg/spgbeZR

ac

Attached: ∩ 3.png (4584x3856, 88K)

Yes, but I almost always feel awkward when I do it.So I drink more.
The best is when it's quiet but a historically significant place so you can just chill there and think of the famous people who you might have bumped into decades before.
Or airport bars - the bartenders are more willing to talk to you if you ask them questions, they've heard it all. Just once they want to be heard.

I watched KaceyTron all night on twitch going from bar to bar instead of actually going to one. I dressed up and prepared myself to go, but didn't got the courage to leave the safety of this room I'm living in.