Who else here cannot make or keep eye contact?

Who else here cannot make or keep eye contact?

My whole life Ive been unable to hold eye contact and its affect my social life significantly

Attached: getty_79321034_117229.jpg (970x450, 52K)

it makes me very nervous to hold eye contact, even when I try to force myself I can't do it for more than a few seconds

I legit don't look people in the eyes , I only do when I am trying to read them. But in everyday convo I just look at the middle of brow or one eye or something

Look at their mouths

if you do not have autism there's no excuse for being this much of a failure

What I really want to know is why the normies seem to value eye contact so much. Is it like their way of telling whether you are one of them or not?

Eye contact unnerves me and my body naturally reflexes away from eye contact. I have to physically focus on someone's eyes when talking to them or my eyes will drift.
Eye contact is like breathing, it comes naturally and without thinking to most, but for me it's like I need to focus on breathing in or out, otherwise I won't breathe at all.

Attached: Cursed_70b76e_6251310.jpg (500x663, 72K)

I don't like holding eye contact. It also has zero bearing on my social life. Seems like you just needa learn how to make conversation.

It basically just shows that you're acknowledging them and listening while they are talking and that you care.

Attached: 5-6-09-176_0.jpg (380x380, 151K)

Same, I think it's because I feel they can stare into my soul. Yet at the same time, I have a feeling that for them looking at my dead eyes they get that same impression from me.

I can't look myself in the mirror, doubt others can

eye contact is important not only in social life but in all aspects of life really, job interviews etc. If you can't look me in eyes and you are guy I have no respect for you, if you are a girl and you are just looking down and giving me small glances and is just shy I don't mind. But get your shit together (if you are a guy), eye contact and good posture is basic things that can improve your life so much. People will treat you differently.

Attached: 211.jpg (1080x1068, 564K)

Having worked as a cashier for over 2 years, I still am terrified of human eyecontact. For most of the first year, I focused on my screen 90% of the time and would glance up once or twice, mostly when they're looking at the menu, which I'd look back down once they lowered their heads. At this time, customers generally treated me more favorably and were a lot friendlier.
However, over time I felt I was being too timid in my interactions in life, so naturally how I was at the register changed too. I started trying to straighten my back more, appear less timid yet try to appear open and passive, and tried to hold a light smile with sharing a bit more eye contact. In my head, I felt this would be far more natural and make my cashier life a lot less painful, but instead I got the opposite. I'll be trying to be a cool tempered and might be looking at the customer as they lower down to their child for a second, or maybe look up a the menu, and they'll return to my vision with these widened eyes of complete terror. Just yesterday I received the most horrifying widened eyes from a customer that literally gave me a chill and I prolly looked openly terrified to her for a moment, which I for the rest of the order just lowered my head to the screen. It's usually women too, and I try my hardest to not even think of their gender, but something about my neutral semi-friendly composure creeps the fuck out of people it seems. I even have been trying to tone down my clearly forced-friendly tone of voice for something more natural.

My current conclusion, customers expect cashiermen to literally be clowns, not to remind them that their just another normal person. The woman want cashiermen to pamper them slightly in some way to match all the outlets of their environment that remind her she's special and deserving of attention.

I hate making eye contact because I have a lazy eye. Most of the time I can keep it focused but every time that someone wants me to make eye contact I worry that my eye might start to drift. I fucking hate it.

i can barely keep eye contact
my social life is fine

Try keeping eye contact for 2-3 seconds at a time during a conversation, it is not impossible and normies usually accept it. Even for them, holding long eye contact can get weird, and only okay between lovers and such.

does anyone else think faces are very visually pleasurable to look at? isn't that one reason why normies look at faces? it makes sense that your brain would trigger reward system for looking at faces, since it's an evolutionary incentive to look at them so you talk to them and form tribes

Sperg here. This is common norman misunderstanding. I can make eye contact. It isn't uncomfortable to do so. The problem is i cannot do normal natural comfortable eye contact. This is because eye contact is not something that is part of my social instinct. I get no extra connection from it. So when i do eye contact it's either way too much or too little, apparently makes me seem suspicious or that i'm lying or very shy or things along those lines. That's because i'm consciously thinking about eye contact and timing how long it's lasting and so forth. Not smooth. I suppose if i practiced really hard i could improve the smoothness of it. I don't care though. It doesn't matter.

i always look at the nose or at the mouth, sometime i can stare at the eyes for a few seconds, but i never do it.

My mom yelled at me for staring at someone when I was really young, and ever since I just don't know how to do eye contact. Is it ok to make eye contact with random people, or is that rude? What about when you're talking to someone, are you supposed to maintain eye contact the entire time, or occasionally look away for a few seconds?

I just don't get it.

I struggle with eye contact a lot, and while I cant do it usually if I have to focus for a job interview or something of the like, I just focus my eyes on examining their eyebrows/eyelashes.
I found it helps because it really looks like you are looking at their eyes but its more confortable for you