>do people notice it quickly?
>how do you deal with it?
also stories are welcome

Attached: brain2.png (255x254, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

acurianhealth.com/screening/acurian-health/adult-autism/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>does it bother you?
I am still coming to terms with it, but I am slightly less insecure. Not my fault my brain is badly structured and sort of damaged.
>>why are you stupid?
Hitting my head a lot as a child, low IQ genes and CO poisoning a few years back, along with unmedicated chronic pain that is progressively shrinking my brain. I'm supposed to take pregabalin and tricyclic anti-depressants for it but that would just fuck my head even more.
>>how does it show?
Lapses in logic when I am faced with a situation I haven't prepared a reaction for in advance.
>>do people notice it quickly?
It depends, I can fool people dumber than me or at my level easily, I use plenty of big words and I have a lot of canned intelligent opinions.
>>how do you deal with it?
Academically, I take things very slowly and I have to put in twice the work others do to learn simple things. In social situations I tend to be very loud and domineering in order to distract from my retardation, that way the smartassery is kept behind my back at least.

I get the feeling that you're not actually a brainlet and just some average IQ fuck looking for someone to make him feel better, so here you go.

Attached: 1546881354983.jpg (480x410, 75K)

nah I have recently realized and accepted that I'm pretty dumb.
I just feel like genuine brainlets don't get as much threads or general attention. It's like Jow Forums thinks only the intelligent suffer and get cast out of society but that's really not true.

acurianhealth.com/screening/acurian-health/adult-autism/

If you have autism you could get $800

>does it bother you?
Yes, of course it bothers me. It sucks being stupid. It takes me so long to do basic tasks. I can easily get confused by the plot of movies. My reading comprehension is terrible. School was awful. I hated that other kids could effortlessly read texts and make well written essays about them. They could create original thoughts and arguments. Often times, I could not even understand what the text was saying. I played it off as being a lazy slacker, but the reality was I was so embarrassed by my low IQ that I didn't want to hand in my work - that is if I EVEN COULD hand in something. It wasn't rare for me to straight up not be smart enough to do an assignment.
>why are you stupid?
Genetics, I assume. I grew up poor. Both of my parents grew up more. Neither of my parents have more than a high school education. I would estimate my mom has a fairly average IQ - probably somewhere in the 90's. My dad is pretty fucking dumb. He is probably somewhere in the 80's. I would guess that I take more from my dad in term of intelligence - likely somewhere in the mid to high 80's.
>how does it show?
In any task I am handed. I am incompetent. I do things poorly. I don't comprehend stuff. Subtleties and nuances go right by me. It completely limits my life. I cannot go to college - it would be a complete waste of money. I am not smart enough to read and write things. I am not smart enough to do complex math. I struggle with fairly basic arithmetic, honestly. I genuinely could not do 44 divided by 9 without a calculator. What even are the steps to do division? I have not the slightest clue. I am a dunce.

Attached: 0EF1AC6A-B169-4DEF-B1F6-69E4F7BFEC02.png (809x808, 11K)

Part 2
>do people notice quickly?
I suspect not. I hide it fairly well. I sound measured and thoughtful when I speak on occasion, but is all an act. My retard family members think I am smart - but keep in mind these people unironically think their poor, uneducated asses are intelligent too - so it means absolutely nothing to me. As far as the general public, no I do not think people notice quickly. I purposely avoid situations where they can.
I don't really. I wageslave and live a miserable existence. Nothing is very interesting when you are retarded. You can't get very good at stuff when you are retarded. There simply is not a lot to do as a brainlet. I live because of my fear to die.

Attached: 579525A1-266A-4BFB-A991-D3B16906CA4C.jpg (593x593, 125K)

Both of my parents grew up *poor
Sorry, I am stupid.

But *it is all an act
Once again, I am fucking dumb.

Be happy you're an actual retard instead of a completely failed, underachieving, clueless, virgin, socially awkward """intelligent""" loser. At least you have an excuse.

This excuse doesn't work. Nobody actually believes that cognitive potential is determined by genetic and physical factors. 99,9% think it's about willpower, your soul and other such bullshit.

>>does it bother you?
generally yes. It sucks to realize your potential ends beyond a basic job. But I have recently looked at it from a different point. I don't have to prove anything to anyone and in the end I die anyway, so might as well just enjoy all of my one life instead of just whining about never being able to win a noble plrize.
>>why are you stupid?
I honestly dont blame my genes or parents. they are pretty clever, the both of them. I think I just did a lot of shit that damaged my brain as a kid and teen.
>>how does it show?
I cannot reply to unexpected quotes. It's why I suck at smalltalk. Also I have major reasoning and problem solving-problems. I also say dumb shit all the time while tryig to look smarter. I am dysfunctional in anything that requires math.
sometimes yes. I dont even look that sharp either, lookn like a deranged hobo. Usually people become certain when they talk about anything that requires more than 2 braincells or when i fail to fulfill basic tasks
i cant change it and i have given up coping.
I just try to appreciate reality for what it is. I still get upset when im called stupid or seem incompetent

Attached: gump.jpg (225x225, 7K)

My IQ is at least average, but I have problems with short term memory, attention and executive function due to schizophrenia. That, or I just have severe apathy.

finally a thread for me. while I'm not diagnosed with anything, I'm just plain stupid. although I may have some minor disorders like social anxiety etc.
>does it bother you?
yes, a lot. I wanna punch the wall out of frustration after every fuck-up, so very often. how do you guys cope with being brainmogged by 99% of society and, rightfully so, never being treated seriously?

>how do you guys cope with being brainmogged by 99% of society and, rightfully so, never being treated seriously?

none of it all matters, that's how I cope. I just dont fucking care anymore. Not sure if I can recommend this. Another way would be total acceptance of your position but I would never be able to let myself down to that place. I'd rather travel the world and die on the way than live the boring brainlet life (wagecucking every day in some extra basic job). I'm actually planning to just pack my shit and run away.

ever tried memory games? Also do you get enough sleep? might be just that

Attached: swamp.png (972x1392, 97K)

>ever tried memory games? Also do you get enough sleep? might be just that
I tried dual n back and struggled with level 2. It made me feel like a retard, so I stopped. I usually oversleep. I think 95% of why I never get anything done is really negative symptoms like avolition and anhedonia or just simple laziness.

oversleeping causes as much problems as lacking sleep mate.
I also tried mind apps but the trick is that you get better the more often you do it to slightly strengthen your brain in general.
Are you officially diagnosed with anything?

>>does it bother you?
Sometimes. I feel like I'm just smart enough to be aware of really interesting shit, but I'm too dumb to really understand it.

>>why are you stupid?
Mom used to throw me down the stairs a lot and I went to the hospital numerous times for head related injuries. My parents are also not very smart.

>>how does it show?
I get things mixed up. I'm awful at following instructions. My housemate asked me to get something out of the drawer and I kept looking in cupboards. I miss the point a lot

Everyone see's me as like a little kid so I guess yeah. There are a couple things I can do fairly well. I can make people laugh and I'm pretty good at guitar, but people are always shocked to see how well I can play so that tells you everything

Trying to accept it more than trying to change it. Self-doubt is the enemy, if I didn't doubt myself so much I think I'd be much happier. Also, despite being dumb my verbal IQ is quite good, so humanities have been perfect for me to kind of cheat my way into a decent job

Attached: im shit.png (864x752, 131K)

>does it bother you?
yes, It dominates my life

>why are you stupid?
My mother drank durning pregnancy

>how does it show?
Physically and mentally

Depends i'm not verbally retarded

By escapism and sleep

Attached: joker_nihilist.png (299x400, 257K)

>Are you officially diagnosed with anything?
At the very least, Asperger's. I'm being treated for schizoaffective although I never underwent any sort of testing. The doctor says I might have ADHD, but I think it's probably the cognitive and negative symptoms of the schizoaffective giving me problems. I got through college with a pretty high GPA and, although I had trouble paying attention sometimes, it probably wasn't enough to be considered ADHD. I just know that I struggle to give a fuck about anything and have zero motivation.

How do you get treated? I mean no diagnose and you still get meds? Might be a little improvement to not take them or is it better with them?
Also do you just have problems paying attention to things you dont care about or everything in general?

dammit at least you got some verbal IQ
I can't even make a long sentence without getting errors and throwing "Uuuuhs" all over the place.

>>does it bother you?
yes
>>why are you stupid?
purely economic factors........... just kidding I was born a fucking retard
>>how does it show?
Spoken sentences same times don't make sense, mispronounce common words out of no were, can't explain things, talk to fast wile looking at the floor
you bet
nothing I can do

>How do you get treated? I mean no diagnose and you still get meds? Might be a little improvement to not take them or is it better with them?
I won't deny that I was completely delusional at one point and lost contact with reality for about half a year. The delusions are the only symptom I know I had for sure. My delusions went away with medication and I don't think that's a coincidence. They did contribute to my apathy and made me sleep 12 hours a day, though. I wish I could get off them completely because they cost like $80 per month. I found a supplement that supposedly treats all symptoms of the illness with few if any side effects and only costs $10/month, but it's not FDA approved.

>Also do you just have problems paying attention to things you dont care about or everything in general?
At one point, the only things I did was lay in bed all day doing nothing or sleep or take walks. Then I gradually got back into Jow Forums. Now anime is starting to interest me again. I can do simple household chores as well. I even managed to complete a web development course, but it went slowly and I didn't enjoy it. I don't program, draw or play video games like I used to. A typical day is wasted on Jow Forums with minimal enjoyment.

i can't tell left from right apart but my bf doesn't mind me being a brainlet

so it was just pick your poison?
at this point I would consider the cheaper meds if I were in your place, but still would be carefull. Got anyone that would look out for your safety in case they would (worst case) give you a shock?

second part of your post hit close to home. The truly bad part is how people look down on you for being appearantly a hobbyless loser. At least in my case, but i dont have adhd

Doesn't count if you're a woman, nobody expects you to be anything more than the retarded cunt you are.

Retarded girls are actually more valuable because they are more likely to be a good obedient wife
My ex and my current gf are doctors and its so fucking annoying because they think they are way smarter than they actually are

>are doctors and its so fucking annoying because they think they are way smarter than they actually are
this is true for both men and womxn though, normies get a degree in [subject] and suddendly they think they know everything even unrelated to their subject matter; in addition of being convinced their study course is an accurate measure of intelligence..

Attached: DhE7fHFXUAUIiG1.jpg (657x539, 39K)

>does it bother you?
Somewhat, it will more so if I had to live as a wageslave or student.
>why are you stupid?
Dropped out early, only watch entertainment, only things I study hold little use, like philosophy.
>how does it show?
I'm bad at speaking, mumble, talk at a low volume, forget what I was saying, bad at math.
I'm quiet and day dreaming around people, they mainly just leave me alone so I don't know.
Escapism.

Attached: 1457117168556.jpg (982x1200, 638K)