WHY YOU SHOULD POST WITH A TRIP

Jow Forums no longer has a community or identity; greentext and feel threads have become rare and there is almost no original content outside of Wojak edits. We are left with a vacuum, a high school /b/ equivalent, and we must choose what to become. I have a proposal: Jow Forums will be a tripfag board. Everybody who posts here should use a trip. If somebody doesn't use a trip, shame them.

The effects should be rapid and dramatic. Soon, people will have identities attached to their posts. Posters will no longer be able to go into fembot feel threads every day and bitch about how women cannot be robots, as if anybody is unfamiliar with that sentiment, and get away with it. People who post in bad bait threads, spew garbage, and act like retards can be identified, mocked, and filtered.

Additionally, Jow Forums will rapidly become the most reviled board on Jow Forums. Anybody from /v/ or /b/ will come here and think it is the most circle jerking, cancerous pile of shit they've ever seen. And they'll leave, which is a very good thing.

It will be more difficult to be an overly abrasive retard without people being mean to you in turn. The board will generally, in my estimation, be considerably better and more constructive for anybody who posts here regularly or puts in effort.

>go back to red.dit
It is ruined by a moronic upvote system. I'm only giving you the opportunity to filter people you hate instead of having to put up with them. Feel free to filter me, if you like, and you won't ever have to read anything I write again.

To post with a tripcode, enter User-Id##Password into the name field of your posts. You may as well try it out for a day to see what it's like.

Attached: 1533069244200.jpg (1030x1200, 754K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/27208844/#27211645
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off you carrion feeder. Let me weep over this corpse in peace.

It's not a bad idea, but it will never catch on. Why? The entire concept of Jow Forums is based around its anonymity

You can't not save something that doesn't want to be saved, hero. You ask for them to give up something they're attached to, even if it's mildly trivial. Anonymity is important to them, and because your plan requires them to unanimously relinquish it, your plan is destined to fail.

Your plan, not unlike communism, is good and idealistic in theory, impossible to implement in reality.

Attached: 1551785777599.jpg (2048x2048, 570K)

Jow Forums is made to host communities, it's not intended to embody anything. The mere existence of the name field suggests that this website wasn't founded on the basis of militant anonymity. Plus, one board full of tripfags wouldn't seriously threaten the identity of the entire site. Mass trip adoption would give a lot of lonely people friends and make Jow Forums less of a redundant, uninteresting shithole.

You may as well try posting with a trip for a day.

You probably couldn't even tell me when this board was overrun.

Wrong, Jow Forums was made to host images. Names aren't necessary for that and would only turn it further towards being yet another normalfag social media website.

Sounds like a pretty good idea desu

>Anonymity is important to them
Anonymity is important to newfag parrots. If you're savvy you want more people to adopt trips so you can filter particularly annoying people.

I mean you're right that it probably won't happen, but it would be really cool if it did.

>Names aren't necessary for that
Neither are words you dumb wordposter. Haven't you ever heard a picture is worth a thousand words? Maybe if you HAD heard that you wouldn't have wasted my time with this RL Stein novel bullshit and you would have just posted a picture expressing how you feel.

By the way this picture expresses how I feel about interacting with you. I'm the blonde girl and you're the dumb bitch lying on the ground lmafo.

Attached: 1544577914837.jpg (618x950, 106K)

go to leddit then, r9k is for original content, which we're not seeing lately, deleting the anonimity would make original discussion rarer than it already is and hinder having different opinions, in the end making it another echo chamber like subleddits

also completely forgot
>leddit spacing
PFFFFT
and you think someone like you is the 4chansavior or some shit like that

Hey fellas, like my new trip?

sure do, what do you think of mine? good huh?

>deleting the anonimity would make original discussion rarer than it already is and hinder having different opinions
I could see some arguments for each of these to some degree, but Jow Forums has almost no value either in diversity of opinion OR in original content. The problem plaguing this board is the

Oh my god okay you're a retard. You are totally fucking retarded and you do not get to talk about anything. Holy shit you are dumb.

"Reddit spacing" is the worst meme that has ever existed. It is the dumbest thing in the world. It tempts misanthropy. For FIFTEEN YEARS people have been double spacing between paragraphs to logically separate ideas. Go as far back in any archive as you like and you will find people double spacing. This is because if your post is longer than three sentences long and you single space you will wind up with a disgusting text block.

You have NEVER realized this. You have never posted something long enough or in depth enough to understand why this double spacing thing is so popular. You have never EVER typed a period in your entire Jow Forums career. You are a fucking IMBECILE. You do not get to look down on anybody. You are a complete moron parroting stupid memes that lower formatting quality and encourage people to make tweet length posts. People like you killed this place.

Attached: p_015.jpg (2095x3000, 1.14M)

It is rather good desu

i think you would've known that leddit, this place going mainstream years ago and many other stuff was what killed this place if you were here for more than a week
>worst "meme"
that's because it's not a meme user, leddit spacing started to appear at a high rate at the same time the ebin r/greentext started to appear more frequently
>disgusting blocks of text
just learn to read, no need to double space every single paragraph when they're not different ideas, you're replying to the same thing, therefore it's the same idea, meme arrows also serve to separate ideas and more effectively since you're highlighting what you're replying to instead of some random space that eats up space
>you have never posted something long enough or in depth enough
if you use leddit spacing so commonly you clearly haven't either, or do you not know about the 2k character limit?
>you have never EVER typed a period in your entire Jow Forums career
they're unneeded and eat up space, with a reading comprehension above the level of a 4th grader you're able to make out what they're saying easily
>tweet length posts
that's what you're doing, not me

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sed ea quis equidem fierent, ea has sumo corpora conclusionemque. Sit ferri falli eloquentiam ea. Graeci virtute alterum ex sed. Pri menandri perpetua similique in, doctus viderer at sit. Tollit mentitum partiendo id qui.
Cu cum feugait argumentum mediocritatem, ut mel eripuit consulatu repudiare. Ei nec solum illud detracto. At solum consequat accommodare qui. Stet graece ne eum, has ex lorem noster timeam.
Agam pertinax ei est, sea te decore argumentum reprehendunt, nec alii everti albucius ei. At quod placerat periculis sea. Eam te indoctum efficiantur, duo esse possit eleifend te, nec id tation mollis veritus. No solum suscipit est, et qui veri mediocritatem.
Mutat dicta prodesset cu sed. Ei vix dicant forensibus. Debet epicuri lobortis ne mel. Idque maiestatis abhorreant te vel, ei idque verterem duo. Eum simul voluptua petentium an, mel graeco fabulas eloquentiam at, tritani eloquentiam at pro.
At facete volutpat vis, eum officiis definiebas in, oratio putant abhorreant ne his. Vim in fugit definiebas. Cu vocent corrumpit mei, apeirian eleifend ut nam. Eam no imperdiet dissentias, eu novum essent vis. Everti veritus ei eos, fugit decore mea ex. Utamur inermis erroribus eam cu, ea qui altera facete scriptorem, at mei dicant mucius.

what do you think of this one huh? pretty good

Now we'll try again with longer paragraphs:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sed ea quis equidem fierent, ea has sumo corpora conclusionemque. Sit ferri falli eloquentiam ea. Graeci virtute alterum ex sed. Pri menandri perpetua similique in, doctus viderer at sit. Tollit mentitum partiendo id qui.Cu cum feugait argumentum mediocritatem, ut mel eripuit consulatu repudiare. Ei nec solum illud detracto. At solum consequat accommodare qui. Stet graece ne eum, has ex lorem noster timeam.Agam pertinax ei est, sea te decore argumentum reprehendunt, nec alii everti albucius ei. At quod placerat periculis sea. Eam te indoctum efficiantur, duo esse possit eleifend te, nec id tation mollis veritus. No solum suscipit est, et qui veri mediocritatem.
Mutat dicta prodesset cu sed. Ei vix dicant forensibus. Debet epicuri lobortis ne mel. Idque maiestatis abhorreant te vel, ei idque verterem duo. Eum simul voluptua petentium an, mel graeco fabulas eloquentiam at, tritani eloquentiam at pro.At facete volutpat vis, eum officiis definiebas in, oratio putant abhorreant ne his. Vim in fugit definiebas. Cu vocent corrumpit mei, apeirian eleifend ut nam. Eam no imperdiet dissentias, eu novum essent vis. Everti veritus ei eos, fugit decore mea ex. Utamur inermis erroribus eam cu, ea qui altera facete scriptorem, at mei dicant mucius.
Mutat dicta prodesset cu sed. Ei vix dicant forensibus. Debet epicuri lobortis ne mel. Idque maiestatis abhorreant te vel, ei idque verterem duo. Eum simul voluptua petentium an, mel graeco fabulas eloquentiam at, tritani eloquentiam at pro.At facete volutpat vis, eum officiis definiebas in, oratio putant abhorreant ne his. Vim in fugit definiebas. Cu vocent corrumpit mei, apeirian eleifend ut nam. Eam no imperdiet dissentias, eu novum essent vis. Everti veritus ei eos, fugit decore mea ex. Utamur inermis erroribus eam cu, ea qui altera facete scriptorem, at mei dicant mucius.

My little brother plays so much Fortnite that he gets in trouble at school for compulsively doing the dances at innappropriate times. He does the dances at the dinner table, in the car, on the couch watching TV, walking around the house. I keep telling him to stop because he looks like a fucking idiot and my mom just enables it by telling me he's fine and it's not bothering me, even though it is. He's getting in trouble at school, he's turning into a little asshole because he plays it all the time, and my mom enables the whole thing by buying him VBucks.

don't get your point
that's a pretty cool one senpai

Dont worry. He'll fit right in with the other fortnite normies and he'll grow up to get laid and have a large social circle. He may look like an autist, but (virtually) anybody under the age of 13 in this society is a fortnite loving autist, so he'll fit right in.

I hate fortnite as much as the next guy, but you have to admit that it's widespread reach over the younger demographic is impressive, if not alarming.

Attached: 1549172127904.jpg (750x1039, 993K)

is an ugly, difficult to read text block without clear separation of ideas, which is why people have been double spacing on Jow Forums since before reddit existed.

>Posters will no longer be able to go into fembot feel threads every day and bitch about how women cannot be robots, as if anybody is unfamiliar with that sentiment, and get away with it
and what is wrong with this? nothing.

eh, not really it wasn't hard to understand, it has pretty good spacing and paragraphing, only people who don't actually care wouldn't read it, the first one didn't even try, but it's still not hard to read at all

It doesn't look good. Double spacing between paragraphs (if the paragraphs are longer than one line long) just flat out looks better. It's been around since before reddit, and the term "reddit spacing" emerged in the past two or three years as an asinine callout tactic which could be applied to nearly anybody writing enough to do justice to sophisticated ideas. It's the worst meme I know of and you should be ashamed of using it.

Flaming a thread keeps it alive.

Origdnano

>if somebody doesn't use a trip shame them
so people can't voice their opinion without getting ostracized, no different than leddit
>people who post in bad bait threads, spew garbage, and act like retards can be identified, mocked, and filtered
complete normalfag behavior, insulting someone until they change their point of view forcibly, disgusting
>Jow Forums will rapidly become the most reviled board on Jow Forums
how new must you be? it already practically is, this place is cancer because people like you
>it will be more difficult to be an overly abrasive retard without people being mean in return
why even, this is just like real life, why do you think people come here you stupid idiot? you'll just make it so this is leddit 2.0
>it is ruined by a moronic upvote system
then make your own shitty website you cunt
>I'm only giving you the possibility to filter people you hate
and how would that happen? you'll still see every comment, and yes you would be able to ignore it, but guess what, b you can still do that
you just want leddit 2.0, an echo chamber where you shame everyone who doesn't think exactly like you, get out of this board ffs
sayj

it's not a meme user, it's a term you can use to shame people like you just like you want your rebbit 2.0 to be an echo chamber who shames everyone that thinks differently but without upboats

>Posters will no longer be able to go into fembot feel threads every day and bitch about how women cannot be robots, as if anybody is unfamiliar with that sentiment, and get away with it.

Kill yourself.

You're obviously . You aren't very smart and I'm just not going to spend ten minutes typing up a reply that goes over every little sentence in this post. You're an angry person and your anger is coloring all your criticism, basically all of which is just equivalating something I say with something you don't like in some really uncharitable way.

Now here's your reddit spacing. Stop replying to me. Go ahead and filter me, it would do me good.

Attached: 1544296531602.jpg (174x174, 11K)

Read before you reply.

Posting here can just feel exhausting. So many angry dumbasses bringing up the same shit over and over again.

I mean you're right but Jow Forums requires text because people spammed too much copypasta. Nice image by the way, street fighter alpha is good shit.

Kill yourself before leaving r*ddit.

why did you think i wasn't user, didn't try to hide it, just wanted to reply to every point you made
>i won't reply to every little sentence
well clearly your leddit echo chamber-wanting personality is showing
>flaming a thread keeps it alive
do you know what a sage is? or are you too new?

>do you know what a sage is? or are you too new?
When you flame threads people reply to you. Also, a lot of people post whining about threads they hate seemingly don't know what sage is, or they're disingenuous and trying to start flame wars to keep the thread alive.

In 2015 or so the best way to keep a thread at the top of the catalog was to post a roulette in it, whereupon dozens of morons would reply to that post and your thread was almost guaranteed to make the bump limit. That was after all the Pepe loving reddit newfags came but before Christopher Harper Mercer forced the mods to pay attention to this board.

>roulette
that's not for Jow Forums user, that's more of a /b/ thing, the robot makes roulettes hard to do. also a discussion thread isn't a roulette or 8ball thread, you don't keep them up the same way

You haven't been here for more than three years. Shit like desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/27208844/#27211645 used to be all over the place, it was why so many awful threads would top the catalog.

The whole appeal to the Chan is it's anonymity.
The thought of having a name linked to me causes me anxiety and that's why i have no presence on any social media platform at all.

4chin is a comfortable middle ground.

>make a trip for shitposting
>make another one for fembotposting
>make another one for seriousposting
how the hell could one think this is a smart move

If people do that then you get to pick which sort of posts you want to read. If you only like 2cool2care shitposting, you could filter the other stuff, if you hate fembots, you could filter that one, etc.

When more people have trips you have more control over the content you see. That is almost only a good thing.

it literally is not a good thing because the only thing it'll do is turn this shithole into reddit and we'll soon have legions of betas or underages circlejerking over someone popular

the point of Jow Forums is to stay as far away from this mentality as possible, because the posts are what's important, not whoever is posting
nobody gives a fuck who you are in real life (or even on the internet) you're literally nothing but yet another anonymous poster, what is important is whether or not your post is high quality

now you can kindly fuck off from my site

yes that's what i mean you can't compare a roulette on r9k to a discussion

>and we'll soon have legions of betas or underages circlejerking over someone popular
And you won't have to see any of it if you don't want to.

>what is important is whether or not your post is high quality
There is virtually no reward for effortposting. You get more attention being an asshole. Jow Forums in particular is extremely low quality, acting like we really have much of anything over reddit is laughable.

>now you can kindly fuck off from my site
I've been on image boards since 2013. That's not the longest time by any stretch, but I would bet that it's much longer than most people on Jow Forums. In my experience the people who wave the banner of anonymity are the newfags who still mythicize Jow Forums. If you stay here very long at all you will get jaded with Jow Forums. This website isn't special, it's just a shitty timewaster that's popular because it's addicting.

I post with a trip because it means there is a small chance I can get something out of this. I could make an internet friend here, I can find my posts easier if I'm curious about one later, I can receive feedback on what sort of person I am. Those are all minor things, but without them this is even more of a complete waste of my time.

Most people here would be better off if they were posting with trips and building relationships with one another. Posting would be more intimidating, but more people would get more out of it. The posts themselves aren't valuable (in fact most are pretty awful), the people are.

You can have a discussion despite roulette spam. If you just hide the roulette then all replies to it also get hidden.

Attached: 1544242912041.png (800x800, 831K)

I agree with you 4chansavior. Do you recognize my namefag?

Attached: rianne_van_rompaey_souhaite_un_joyeux_anniversaire____vogue_paris_8191.jpg (976x549, 103K)

Sorry I haven't been coming to Jow Forums very much in the last year or so. I just stop by every once in a while.

Isn't Ritalinbot from pol?

Attached: gUlfa0ZSxewoxEAEhTZjq727s99QBVMi_598x414.jpg (598x413, 132K)

>somebody adopted a tripcode
Based

I post there once in a while just to bait, but the hulk of my posts (2800s) in in r9k, as shown in the archives.

Attached: Screenshot_20190310-005930.png (720x1440, 329K)

Based and reppilled post OP

I'm going to try it out for a bit. You've convinced me.

Yea we tripfagn nao

It probably won't matter unless you become really notorious, but if you add two hashes to your tripcode (## instead of #) your trip will be much more secure. I'd recommend doing because why not

Attached: 1551317216678.jpg (872x1200, 693K)

yea, that's what I did.

Never hurts to be security conscious.

but i already define myself by not using apostrophes or periods and ending every sentence with a comma!,

Okay, thank you for the tip. I don't really want to be known as much as I don't want to attack anons and be a big meanie anymore. I see the logic behind putting something on the line and making me think twice about what I write.

Did you know that in /lgbt/ almost everyone already does that?

Attached: 13.jpg (1195x1600, 185K)

this is a pretty ok idea. We can identify and attack anybody we deem as toxic to the board, thus having the board purge itself

why do you go there, are you a repressing tranny

this ain't half bad OP

>why do you go there, are you a repressing tranny
No I'm not.

Attached: 1552055359561.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>uses /lgbt/
Why don't you stay there you massive faggot

>Why don't you stay there you massive faggot
Because you have to keep your nigger mouth shut, you fucking faggot. That's why.

Attached: 1551936991291.jpg (412x398, 59K)

As long as people shat on clique shit, I'd be for it. Don't want losers like ricky and vyro to repropagate.

kek you were a tranny all along

>/v/ and /b/ calling any other board shit
el oh el

Attached: 1552080967810.jpg (288x261, 30K)

>not a tranny
Fuck you.

Attached: 1551915471725.jpg (600x739, 193K)

>goes to /lgbt/
>not a tranny
>has posted about having dysphoria before
yeah sure not a tranny lol

I do use trip once or twice depending if I'm the OP to prevent larping, but other than that we namefag and tripfag won't get the love that we deserve here OP.

This thread must not die while I am awake

Why are Europeans so dumb and worthless?

If you're a loser and fit in nowhere else, join this shit:
discord
.gg/spgbeZR

at

Attached: ∩ 20.png (4584x3856, 88K)

I realized that within a week of posting again last year. The easiest fixes for this board would be making it a blue board or everyone using a trip but you're all retarded including the mods so expect no improvement

Didn't read any of your retarded tripfag nonsense but thanks for the cute pics

When did you first start posting Tyrone?

2007-2011

When /b/ told everyone to buy bitcoin

I'm tempted to do it OP, partly for the reasons you listed I mean shit am I the only one mad whenever he sees "my gf this my gf that" threads reach bump limit 3 times consecutively in a matter of hours? Is Jow Forums actually a middle-high school board full of zoomers whose only thoughts are pussy and gfs? If so then I'm all for killing this board for once, let's kill it with dignity.

But I'm also deadly afraid of criticism, though it could help me in the long run but I don't want to become an insufferable faggot like so many nametripfaggots. One thing I envy is how easy they seem to make friends, all these tripfaggots seem to know each other all around the web.

His dysphoria is a byproduct of being an extreme sexual degenerate, not quite the same as actual gender dysphoria faggots. It's a mere fetish for him.

>clique shit
I'm afraid what will happen is clique shit growing exponentially before people start shitting on it, cancer will then leak into other boards and reddit. I don't know, might backfire spectacularly. Look at discord.

Attached: 1546857182252.jpg (1217x781, 182K)

Actually scrath that, fuck you OP. The risk-reward tradeoff is absurd. Say your plan works and we "win", weeee Jow Forums got saved, but if we "lose" Jow Forums as a whole becomes even worse, worse than fucking reddit.

Thanks for your concern tho.

Attached: 1547535927603.jpg (1447x2047, 313K)

>Jow Forums just becomes a dating LARP

Attached: 20DBD3D7-3FE0-4AA3-B938-D057E3936D9B.png (1334x750, 1.56M)