Who /cantdrive/ here?

Who /cantdrive/ here?

Going on 23 and still get nervous, struggle with complicated intersections, cant smoothly turn, inconsistent acceleration.

Attached: F4D417A8-7ABB-43E7-831C-88041CCE48C0.jpg (1200x800, 772K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

after u have ur first few accidents u will be ok

I started driving at 17 and now I'm 21
Thd state of you

33 and no license reporting in

Ive been doing amature cart racing since i was 11. But here is some pro tips.
>struggle with complicated intersections
Just follow the lines.
>cant smoothly turn
Turn the wheel gradually its not analog.
>inconsistent acceleration
This depends on the car really. My cars are all cable driven so I can only speak from this experience is its the same thing as turning. Practice putting your foot on the pedal gradually about 1/16th of an inch at a time.

21, epilepsy. Im medicated but had seizures before changing meds. Now just gotta wait until june

>inconsistent acceleration
I have this problem in first gear and I've been driving for 5 years. Clutch's too short, gear's too short and drive-by-wire is fucking retarded. I never had this problem with my first shitbox.

18 and now that I know cars are a money sink and suburban city design was a mistake, I can't help but be stubborn and not want to get a license. Oil Merchants have this country by the balls

>tfw can drive perfectly well, it's just that I artistically follow all the traffic laws with 100% accuracy and that pisses off a lot of drivers

26 w/ no license. I don't like driving and have no interest in ever getting my license. Cars are for normies anyway.

Attached: 1498455869793.png (750x1000, 81K)

25 and no license, no plans on getting it either. No need for a car in the city, at least where I live. I can see why people want/need a car in America though.

Its not even that much of a problem. Having a car isnt too expensive either. My shitbox gets 43mpg when im not driving around like a idiot.

>money sink
>Oil Merchants
Both true but do you really feel nothing when going fast through turns, when accelerating and braking hard? Do the Gs your body experience really make you feel nothing?

Didn't you enjoy mechanical games in amusement parks as a kid?

nigga I'm 38 and every time I get to a intersection my brain stops and I have to make a mental drawing on who has to go first, gets worse when I'm the one who gets to go first because it takes me some time to realise that.

Well this lad doesnt try to hit 180mph on his glorious literbike. But what else would you expect from a little bitchboi.

Attached: 135235222.jpg (900x900, 118K)

>going fast through turns, when accelerating and braking hard
i couldnt give a fuck about cars proper but driving itself is great. just driving around slowly at night listening to something comfy, or manouvering around. i drive like a fucking lunatic, my mates always tense up when there's a sharp corner ahead

I'm 22 and learning atm (manual) and got my test next week.

I really struggle with juggling the clutch and the brakes and everythign else. Goign in reverse and parking and not letting the car slide downhill when I'm turning the car around is hard. I also struggle with slowing down and stopping on time and not being brutish.

also, I struggle with the clutch. I don't know how to move and position my foot properly. It ends up sliding back into the middle of the foot. I cant really just move my heel back, I have to move my whole leg.

Also my instructor feels me up which isn't good.

can't go that fast on roads though, only highways. and if you're driving across highways all the time, you're burning a lot of gas

Any tips with turning the vehicle and keeping it steady?

Attached: 0b22a740e0d4c69198456e74f12542fd8409e321de2e0eb3d5baca70f170e683.jpg (1080x810, 99K)

its like walking you fucking retard, if theres no traffic light you move an inch forwards and if the other guy moves faster you do the same youd do if walking: pace up or keep still

beware of roadrage psychos

>turning the vehicle and keeping it steady
how do you fuck up turning a car? literally just keep the steering wheel and speed steady

>my foot
Clutch is supposed to be operated by whole leg movement, unless pedals are fixed to floor but only sports cars have those.

Brake and gas pedals can be operated by foot alone in either floor fixed or hanging config, that's how I drive.

I got my license at 22, when I was 20 I thought driving was extremely difficult and could never imagine myself doing it but now at 24 I can't imagine not being able to drive.

Cars are such money pits though I hate it. I have a 2 year old Honda civic and pay about 500 a month just from car payments and insurance. Then gas and personal property tax (VA) add another 100+ a month. In a couple years the maintenance will start adding up.

If I could get by without a car I'd do it without hesitation.

27 no license, cause i dont want to drop 1500 dollars for it, when i cant afford a car anyways.

you can have cars for as little as 1500$, if all you do is highway driving your car will requiere much less maintenance $ than city fags

>someone honks at you

Attached: 1481152581851.jpg (655x658, 73K)

How much practice did it take originally

>actually having a car note
lmao@ur lyfe my 1993 accord cost me $1700 and its just as nice as any new car. It costs me $500/yr to insure and $38/yr for registration.

thats pretty fucking pathetic. you make me feel good about myself

wait they give epileptics their licenses back as long as they're taking medicine?
jesus christ that's horrifying

the most retarded and anxious-ridden women can do it, beta males need to be shot

No they dont. I have to wait for at least 1 year without seizures to do the test again regardless of medicine
I was already medicated (Levetiracetam) but now switched to Lamotrigine. Had a seizure st a wedding party last June (9 months after the then-last seizure), now gotta wait for it until june

22 and cant drive. My parents were overbearing and always offered to drive me wherever I needed and public transportation is actually good in my city. Plan on moving more into the city anyways so my need for a car will be even less

Attached: 1520800695486.gif (500x281, 1.44M)

25 and no license, taking the G1 on Tuesday, I should study.

29 here and no license. Im a fucking pussy and i hate driving with my dad because i get so fucking stressed

Why do so many homosexual men not drive? Can someone answer this unironically?

22, couldn't drive. Very nervous and could barely pay attention because there were 100s of things I was thinking about all the time.
23, got diagnosed with ADHD, got on Vyvanse, immediately able to drive fine without any issues.

Attached: 1542008135151.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

probably depressed and can't concentrate long enough to have learn a new skill.
if you've been driven around enough you should be able to more or less step into it

I keep flipping the car when I get nervous at a big intersection and go to turn, I get nervous and gun it and turn to quickly, I've rolled my car 3 times this winter.

I got my license when I was 15 but I didn't start driving until this year (I'm now 25) when I got a job out in the suburbs.

It's kind of scary to start driving on the highway every day like I do but I got used to it pretty quickly.

I sure wish my insurance premiums would go down though, it's like $2000/year for me, are young inexperienced drivers really that much of a liability?

>tfw someone honks at me and i burst into treats

Attached: 1497467521263.png (232x232, 28K)

I am afraid of driving so i still havent gotten a license

If you're American and you don't live in a big city with public transportation and you don't drive, how exactly do you get around? Everything in the US is so far apart.

nearing 21 here. I only drive to work and groceries both less than 10 minutes away. I hate how most moves you have to do here requires to move over 3 active lanes, i end up taking the longer route sometimes. When it comes to parking I just park the farthest so avoid slow boomers walking out randomly and cars having to squeeze through.

21 without a licence reporting in. Literally just catch the bus everywhere and walk everywhere. Saves money, good exercise for me since I don't regularly exercise and I don't like go out often so a car would just be sitting there rotting.

29 currently learning to drive. Do it sooner anons even if you dont buy your own car, you will need it one day.

Driving will come naturally when you just be yourself.

Attached: tom.png (500x666, 84K)

32 and no license, never even tried getting one

Driving sucks
Djdudu

How much maintenance tho

I first drove a car at 12. I got my licence at 19.I've always been good at driving. I don't understand our fucked up road layouts and rules but driving the actual car is easy. I guess it's the only normie thing about me

Stick with one car. Go to a track and hit the gas as hard as you can and then brake as hard as you can. Do that a couple of times, add some hard turns here and there (not braking you autist) and then you should have a basic understanding of your car.

Attached: ced9b1bd2d695cf1f6cb43fe6e2c443bd99114dd.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

I don't try driving because cars really are weapons and there's nothing stopping me or any of you anons from smashing through pedestrians. I'm pro-gun but I'll never have one because I know I'd kill myself the instant I'm given one with ammunition.

I've been driving for around a year and I can't drive without my Dexedrine. I miss stop signs and can't pay attention to the cars around me. I drive perfectly when I take my amphetamines though.

>>Both true but do you really feel nothing when going fast through turns, when accelerating and braking hard? Do the Gs your body experience really make you feel nothing?
They make me feel dismayed, because they waste expensive gasoline and put that much more wear and tear on a car that I already pay too much to maintain. Also watching for cops is way too stressful to enjoy.

G? Are you still biking to Trader Joes?

slow down slightly as you approach the bend and then accelerate when you're in the bend

I paid $360 for lessons and I don't feel any better when I started. Parents don't want me to use their vehicles at all. Some problems are just genetic, robots.

Attached: 1533980550857.jpg (437x431, 14K)

My plan is to get good enough just to pass the test then I'm going to practice by myself in the early mornings to get better.

oh god iktf

23. My test is next month and I'm scared. I think I may have been overzealous and scheduled it too soon. I'm not even practicing every day, either. Maybe 4 times a week.

My parents offer to drive me everywhere. Part of learning to drive is a small step towards getting my shit together, and eventually, (hopefully,) independence

Epileptic and seizure under strobes or stress. Aside the lack of "Freedom" I think I'm fine with it.

>too poor to buy a Tesla

it hurts

/cantdrive/? For me it's also /cantaffordadecentcar/

Bikes are better anyways
>one time payment, cheaper, a couple hundred bucks for a really good bike
>easier to repair
>no gas money parasite
>safer since you're less likely to get in an accident.
>better for the environment
>good way of getting exercise in

The only upside to cars is that they are faster and can carry more stuff.

cars also have heaters and air conditioning. I do not want to ride a fucking bike down snowy roads in below-zero (F) temperatures, nor am I especially eager to when it's 95 and dripping with humidity

I wish I lived in a city that had decent infrastructure for bikes.

Bike lanes here in NYC are a joke.

i used to be a completely horrible driver and my dad would rage at me and make me cry

now i am a pro driver and i have avoided numerous wrecks

i will be a splendid ninja

Attached: 2.png (273x292, 95K)

Got license at 15, I still get nervous sometimes when I go to new places. I think you should just keep practicing till you get a hold

Normies eat food too. Why don't you say food is for normies? Retard

Driving is fun. Even with a shitty car. Turn up the radio and drive long stretches at night. Fun

Attached: F925D6A5-6A24-44F2-AEF8-036D2CC12498.jpg (1535x2046, 487K)

>no gas
>tire pressure warning
is this the /o/ equivalent of all those retards that post phone screenshots showing the battery gauge at 4%?

Lol'd I was waiting for someone to point those out. I was actually driving to the gas station. Tire pressure sensor is just broken. Too lazy to fix it. It won't reset despite me filling the air to the designated pressure.

Hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? Come join this Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/DuhThy8

ar

Attached: akarin 18.png (510x531, 400K)

I'm 20, I never learned how to drive and I have no real incentive too... my work approx. ten minutes by foot and I have no where to else I need to go really.
Besides, the four wheeled jew is like a fucking vampire on your wallet.

Biking would be nice if I lived closer to where I needed to get, but the commute would be too long and you pretty much cant bike in my city for like half the year because of heavy snow. Seems like a comfy way to travel thought.

Attached: wQ3dfta7.jpg (400x400, 26K)

I can drive, I've got an intermediate license and everything, but I don't. I know all the rules and everything, but I have a bit of social anxiety going on the roads. I get along in normal social situations fine, its just the streets I can't handle. I don't want people judging me. Theres one final test for my full license and I don't really want to take it. I'm 26.