Tips to go to a bar alone?

Alright. I'm really considering doing something out of my comfort zone this weekend. I want to go to a bar. There's a college bar close to where I live, and if it all fails, there's a 24/7 game center I can go play any computer game or rhythm game. If I get drunk and don't want to stay, I'll go there til I sober up and drive home. I have a few questions:

1.) How do you order a drink? The 2 times I've ever gone to get an old fashioned (I know, le meme drink,) the bartenders had no idea what I was talking about. Should you just ask for beer? Scotch? What is a good drink to order to not look try hard yet not look clueless?

2.) Actually drinking. Last time I went to a bar, I finished my drink in like 2 minutes. Don't understand how people can be at the bar for hours just sitting. Is that just what they do in movies/shows?

3.) Girls. I hate PUA and their advice of cold approaching, but how do you realistically approach a girl to talk to? Make eye contact and see how she reacts? Just go up to her? If she asks you to buy a drink, do you say no to act alpha or do you actually do it? Do girls actually come up to you at the bar?

Hopefully the advice here can apply for everyone.

Attached: 1546832032454.png (854x960, 739K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. drink a little before you leave, to get some courage,
2. drink in the bar if you want fun, don't drink if you want girls
3. try look in their eyes, find a really drunk girl and have some fun

I think you should go straight to the game center, bud.
Do you have an uncle or other relative that can one day go to a bar with you and you can see how he does it

Id actually like help on this same topic as well lmao
Im almost old enough to drink in my country , 20 rn , 21 in a few months
For all of you anons claiming underage , underage , etc

Honestly I am all alone. No family. Zero. But the point is to at least test myself. If it sucks, fuck it. But I want to get out and try something different for a change.
Good advice, but what would you order?

I hate ordering drinks.

I ask my friend 10 times so what do I say and he says the same thing.

Attached: 104f10568681a4df09062def216d1d95.jpg (439x604, 81K)

Just order whatever the fuck you want and own it

A double of crown Royal on ice and a draft beer

just get a beer you big faggot

>Hey I'll have a beer
>Which one, faggot?

here in sweden we literally just ask for "En stor stark" which directly translates to something like "a big strong beer", and they give you a pint of their cheapest draft beer

But just pick one out on one of the taps beforehand if you feel like you want to be a special snowflake, idiot

I've been to 2 bars and talked with 4 different groups of people once. Worked out pretty well, just grab a beer and walk straight to a group of girls. Ask if you can sit at their spot table and start a conversation. I managed to pick up various numbers doing this.
basicly what this user said

thanks for the tip, mohammad.

The White Russian is the official Jow Forums drink

Test post, do not originally reply to this post

Rum and coke
Vodka and Cranberry
Tequila and OJ
Gin and juice

Those are some solid basic drinks to order.

I wouldn't worry about the trying to talk to girls this trip if you don't even know how to order from the bar. You'll overwhelm yourself.

1. If the bartenders are too inexperienced, busy, or apathetic to know or look up a common cocktail, stick to ordering the ones that name the ingredients (e.g., whiskey and soda, gin and tonic, vodka cranberry) or that are listed on drinks menu.
2. Sip it. Add more ice as it melts. Ideally you're talking to someone, watching sportsball on a TV, playing darts/pool/trivia, or have some kind of distraction to help you pace yourself.
3. Other than while working, I've only gone to bars to drink, not to get laid. I'd usually bring a book to read with some occasional people-watching.

Having a book is a great way to sit for hours nursing a drink and there's a very high probability that a girl will approach you to ask what you're reading since you're doing something unusual (thus possibly interesting) and you've given her a really obvious low-risk conversation starter.

That whole buying drinks for girls thing has become a target for unscrupulous exploitation of human dispair, so I'd advise politely declining it in whatever form it takes. She asks you to buy her a drink? "No, thank you." She OFFERS to buy YOU a drink (and you can get the next round)? "No, thank you."

It's extremely unlikely these days she's suggesting you buy her a drink as ye olde plausibly deniable subtext of asking if you wanna fuck.

Probably she's just trying to use her vagina as a coupon for free alcohol. Possibly she's contracted by the bar to try to get dudes to spend more money.

Also, if you look sufficiently approachable and non-threatening (e.g., by sitting there reading a book) sometimrs girls will talk to you in order to NOT talk to someone else who's been bothering them, so don't read too much into any particular interaction.

And if anyone asks what you're doing there sitting at the bar, alone, reading a book, you're there to meet a friend. Most people will assume you mean friends you already have (and not new friends you've yet to meet).

1) Get a whiskey sour. If the bartender asks you what kind of whisky you want tell them the house whisky is fine.
2) Don't chug a mixed drink. Sip it.
3) Yeah, this isn't going to be an issue for you pal. Might as well ask for some guidance on what to do if you stumble on a wounded unicorn and have to nurse it back to health. Here's what's actually going to happen: you're going to go to the bar, sit by yourself, start browsing your phone for two hours, then go home mad and bitter like the Supreme Gentleman that no one came up to talk to the rando sitting by himself at the bar like they do on TV.

this is pretty solid advice, It's how I met my current coke plug

>Might as well ask for some guidance on what to do if you stumble on a wounded unicorn and have to nurse it back to health

Attached: 1387490559271.gif (500x252, 499K)

Obligatory normie guy here, but I don't understand what apprehension you feel about picking a drink. Maybe I'm just too old and can't remember what it was like or something but... if I remember correctly I just started going to bars and looking at the specials list on the wall and trying shit if I wanted a beer or whatever. Or I would just look behind the bar and see what bottles they had and order that with whatever I like (seltzer for me usually instead of coke or juice).

What is the problem with ordering whatever you see on the chalkboard or menus on the walls?

If you really want to practice your social skills ask the bartender what they recommend. Then unlike girls they basically have to start making conversation with you as their job.

If you tip the bartender well a couple times and the bar isn't particularly busy they will come up and start making conversation with you if they see you are all alone. They want the person who is tipping more to stay, and if you don't have any friends they will befriend you etc etc.

If you are afraid of ordering, just try making small talk with the bartender or the person who sits next to you. Don't try to talk to girls just yet dude.

Best advice in the thread imo. Short and sweet and good selection of drinks. Thank you!

I'm a cyborg but I agree with you completely. OP just order whatever the fuck you want. If you can't decide just get a whiskey Coke or whatever the fuck. And don't make friends from a bar, make friends from work or meetup apps or the internet or whatever

i guess the 2 times that i went to a bar were super busy and i had the bartender practically making me hurry up. the second time just a bunch of brads ordering when i was trying. and i agree maybe i should wait to talk to girls, but i at least need to get used to the environment.

OP I really recommend you try to find a quiet, out of the way bar. The bar I go to on friday nights is usually pretty slow and its always the exact same people every week. Go in and order a beer you like and just sit around and maybe try to make smalltalk with the bartender or someone else at the bar, or if you want go over to the pool tables and if it doesnt look like a serious game try to talk to them and maybe ask if you can play next even if you arent good this is a great way to get to know people and make what are known as "bar friends".

solid advice as well. the one i wanted to go to is a college bar that gets busy. but now that i think about it, it's full of dude bros who don't get any but act like they do. i guess with my history of trust issues (friends leaving me, etc) it's hard for me to find new people. thank you

Hmm, me personally it depends on the bar, if it is a bar like that, you probably want to play it fast and loose and just order whatever, it doesn't matter. Even if they have good drinks at a bar like that, the bartenders will fuck them up.

Ordering good/slightly complicated drinks is better off at smaller/slower/more comfy bars where you can go slow and have a conversation as you order your drink. At a rapid pace bar you really just want to order whatever and tip nothing.

This.
This is how you makes friends.
This is how you get laid
This is how you survive in life
If you talk to a girl don't tense up
you gotta own up to it

>college bar
Don't. You'll be lucky if they serve you soap mixed with the bartender's urine.

Ha, here is some advice along these lines that I've done. As a person who can't play pool or any bar games for shit, it is always fun to come up to people who are having a friendly game and watch their game from a bit of distance (dont disturb them). Maybe emote silently a bit if some interesting action is happening in the game but probably don't many any comments just yet. Wait until the game is over and go up and make some 'how about that game' type comments to them and introduce yourself.

yeah college bars are kind of shit, theyre packed with people and the bartenders are usually way too busy to give a shit about anything except getting drinks to people quickly, and everybody usually there with friends. I do occasionally go to clubs by myself but its only when they have live music that im really into but that is something else entirely. Find a nice quiet bar and get to know the bartender and the regulars, after a while youll walk in and everybody there will know you and youll have plenty of people to hang out with for a few hours

>1 Order
Vodka redbull dude in a college bar they will be slinging that all night. The other user had solid recommendations, too. The two ingredient shit is the best in your fucking gutter tier bar. You need to realize you are in a dumbass environment. They can't or won't make cocktails (I think the limit for "cocktail" is 4 ingredients minimum but don't hold me to that). Don't expect good service

>2 how to drink
Pre game you retard. If you don't know how to drink at all anywhere you def don't know how to drink in a bar. Maybe you should have drunk alcohol with friends (lol ya right) or on your own first a few times to learn how to drink. You def not drink + get girl successfully if you don't know how to drink.

>3 girls I'm not even gonna give you thorough advice on this bc you're in the wrong place already. A "college bar" is full of roastie with their little clique. They want Chad from his clique. It's high school all over again man. You can sniper if you are slick and put the moves on before anyone realized you're alone but you probably can't do that. These type of bar is like a high school cafeteria. I wouldn't even go personally and esp not alone

Attached: 1550479599227.png (680x680, 76K)

Ive been going out alone a few times. Feels very weird but since my fiancee left me and I have pretty much no friends sometimes I just want to leave the house. My main goal is to have a good time and talk to people. Last time I went to the middle bar seats at a slower bar and drank two beers while watching the mute tv play some bullshit. I also made small talk with the bartender. After two beers I started chatting up anyone next to me. I talked to the guy next to me for about 40 mins and drank two more beers. My goal wasnt women just social interaction as im somewhat starved for it right now. I went home after and I would say it was well worth it. Funny thing is I noticed multiple people who were by themselves.

I wouldnt go to a college bar for the first couple of times. Maybe Ill try that later if tinder doesnt work out and just try picking up some super drunk girl but thats last resort.

I can't imagine why I would ever want to go to a bar. I despise hookup culture, I despise drunks that aren't my two buddies, and I prefer the most alcohol/dollarydoo ratio in my drinks. Good luck tho, if you wanna join their ranks go for it.

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? Come join this Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/DuhThy8

ap

Attached: akarin 16.png (419x398, 235K)