How does Jow Forums feel about self harm scars on both male and females?

How does Jow Forums feel about self harm scars on both male and females?

Attached: ebfb3c95f81cbb2e3fd7041b447e016b39d03dd381adf51d8f3965e8fe353377.jpg (675x1200, 120K)

makes you look like a faggot but studies have shown it releases dopamine in the brain so it has a scientific backing behind it, at least

what would normies think of selfharm scars?

probably treat you like a dumb child/lost puppy. either that or say you're doing it for attention, depending on the people/context

it makes u look like a TIGER! RAWR!!!! xD

Its retarded. Just fucking kys instead of looking for attention on social media. How much of a dopamine fiend must one be in order to cut oneself up and proceed to upload pics of self harm to Twitter or other platforms for people to like the pics and comment how brave and stunning you are?

Attached: 1408986019578.jpg (333x308, 32K)

people too cowardly to do drugs like a proper burnout

Pretty hot, as long as they're open about it. Confidence is always good.
The type that wears long sleeves to hide scars or acts like some little girl whining about how miserable they are is just sad.

How are selfharm scars hot?

I don't really care, if anything I think they're kinda attractive. Though that's just because I have a thing for damaged people.

he fetishizes mental illness because he doesn't want to deal with his issues

they're personal, like tattoos but less generic and, i don't know, somehow more natural.
They show the person has been through something and is not afraid of a little hurt, and if they're comfortable showing them it means they're comfortable with their past and willing to carry the consequences.
I think that's pretty hot.

They make me want to hold her and never let go.

>tfw self harmed every day for years
>don't have any scars to show for it

>people too cowardly to do drugs like a proper burnout
I used to smoke meth and cut every blue moon.
All of you are wrong by the way.
It just feels good.

This, though I found other ways to self harm that isnt permanently on my body.
Also used to use cigarettes.

I would like a cutting gf to lick her scars

how does she even cut herself that deep without being hospitalized for blood loss?

>being hospitalized for blood loss?
The cuts dont bleed thar long and you dont do every scar at once.

Comes across as edgy I guess? Sort of juvenile and an angsty phase. Not someone I would want to be around or date, it just comes off as cringe and melodramatic.

men
>eww he's pobably a school shooter incel
women
>I have to protect you m'lady!

I enjoy both cutting and drugs

That is gross and repulsive yet intriguing.
It would be cool/respectable if it was done in a ritualistic way.

Pretty retarded. I tried it once just to see what all the buzz is about and it sucked. I can only get wanting to turn this into a habit if you're into pain sexually or some shit.

damn tony the tiger should really get rid of that awful nose ring

Attached: Download.jpg (219x230, 12K)

did it to myself on the wrists after i got told to quit scratching my knuckles in high school
i dont tell anyone and wear long sleeves
i think lots of people can try and guess why a lonely looking boy would wear a long sleeve shirt in a blistering hot day, but no one cares enough to say anything

Just like for dyed hair: a great way to immediately identify a woman having issues and to avoid.

Really depends on how recent they were. I would not cast the first stone as I also have done embarrassing things as a teenager

>tfw your ideal is unironically a (possible) school shooter incel

the only few times i did it by punching hard my harm, it was instinctual and it hurted. it's retarded and don't understand how people can actually cut themselves.
also, i endured much bigger pain than these attention whores like pic related obviously did, and i never had the impulse of serious self harm. obviously the thought of suicide was there, but i always thought about the less hurtful one.

why does she look so smug? i want to punch her in the face.

bad 'cause i have family and friends who have them :( i have one little scar from doing that too.

I WANT TO HUG THEM ALL

>matched with a girl on Tinder
>she's obviously drunk swiping and unmatches me the next day but I follow her on insta cause she's cute
>every now and then she posts edgy goth shit and a sink filled with like fake blood or whatever
>just kinda ignore it or shitpost on her comments because i guess this is her "aesthetic"
>slide into her dm's one day to make small talk
>ask what she uses for her fake blood scenes
>receive this

Attached: yikes.jpg (540x960, 150K)

i got some and stopped any social interaction from that point on since I always had to hide them, and didn't know how to react if people found out. dumbest shit i ever did

I think it's pretty damn stupid. This woman would be a solid 9/10 if she didn't had those scars. She is so beautiful that even with those scars she looks fine.

Males doing this shit? It's pretty damn pathetic. It's a girls thing.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (242x326, 15K)

Never cut myself, only punched walls. The knuckle scars and discoloring is easier to explain than slits going up and down the arms.

Do girls really have private lives like this? I find it hard to believe women actually do things.
Its just so foreign to me. As far as I know, women dematerialize when they close a door behind them.
Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? The idea that considering women doing everyday things is just bizarre

I have self harm scars. But im ashamed of them, and it makes me look like a faggot, so i tattoo over them

Those legs look like too much to overlook.

I get what your saying. As a teenager i cut myself but i never posted pics on the internet. My scars are a source of shame and fuck anyone who tries to get attention for this shit

>move to different apartment
>get mad at something
>kick wall like I always did
>foot goes right through it
I hate plywood

Attached: 9B609DC6-28CC-4F08-AEF1-2F2783BAEF99.jpg (750x642, 65K)

keep away from cutters at all cost
they're literally insane

This specific kind of pattern of cuts is instant red flag for BPD demon that will destroy you and everything you love. Goes for men too, not just women. I'm sorry, I know not everyone who cuts to Tony the Tiger levels has BPD, but so far I have not met a single person who looks like this and doesn't have it.

what about smaller less visible cuts?

Those are fine. I'm talking about this specific pattern where they're all over each limb for max visibility and literally look like tiger stripes.

Attached: Global-women-connected-self-harm.jpg (500x514, 26K)

dude you're probably insane

Seems like this is a 1st world problem

Ive never seen any pajeets etc doing this shit

subhumans are non-sentient soulless creatures, nothing they do matters.

>go to doctor
>notice he has straight, fresh cuts across his wrist
>trying really hard not to stare, shit's fucking awkward
>he asks me if I self-harm (we're talking about depression)
>tell him a little bit 10 years ago
>he still gives me detailed tips on avoiding self harm
It was odd but inspiring in a weird way

Attached: doctor frog.jpg (500x500, 30K)

But they aren't running disposable razors up and down their arms like a fucking retard

Attached: dc567y2-c5236632-994d-471b-9436-754e288f1f13.jpg (400x400, 29K)

lmao this roastie lookin like a zebra

Honestly they turn me on but i would never ever encourage someone to do it.

Ha, that reminds me:
> about 3 years ago
> I'm getting a haircut from a girl
> she has cut marks all up and down her arms
> as she's cutting my hair...
> ...she accidentally cuts her finger with the scissors
> so she says: "damn, I'm always cutting myself"
> I'm absolutely dying inside, trying to keep myself from laughing

I can understand getting addicted to it, but I don't understand how you get into it in the first place. It's not like heroin where people will say it's amazing and you'll say alright I'll just have it this one time to try. It doesn't look enjoyable on the outside at all.
I don't really think much about scars. I'm not the one to talk, I push my bad feelings away with drugs so I can understand someone finding their release somewhere else. I don't judge them. It's their thing.

kek, that's a pretty based original originalpost

most probably do their first cuts failing to anhero

It highlights mental problems, which I find unappealing. I dislike the fact that anybody accepts it. It should be treated negatively, because the few that do have a positive reaction to others self-harming are only creating a space for more people to self-harm. Which, in turn, creates the image that some people do it for attention - particularly those that display it.
Unfortunately, we live in a time where just having a mental illness is almost glorified as being brave, or a defining trait that excuses your shit behaviour. I'm all for talking about mental health, but the slightest inclination that it's okay to be mentally ill is a major problem. It should be treated foe what it is; an illness. Having something like depression is not a good thing, and you should rightly be ashamed of it. Because that shame will create a desire to change it. However, it shouldn't be so shameful we can't talk about it. There's a very fine line that we haven't yet settled on.

They're a great way for someone to clearly advertise "Stay the fuck away, I'm either crazy or an attention whore."

avoid at all costs obviously

most of the people that do self-harm are fucking fags, and its ever more fucking stupid when you put pictures on instagram and twitter to get support from other "sisters"

Attached: hjghgh.jpg (249x250, 5K)

>and you should rightly be ashamed of it.
But you just called it an illness, and then you go on to say that they should be ashamed for it. We don't encourage people to be ashamed of their physical illnesses, so why should it be a thing with mental illness?
The only problem currently is that we're still at the very beginning of understanding how our brain works and the treatments are not always effective. Plus, there's still some stigma around it. I'm sure this will improve as time goes on. Let's not forget that lobotomy was an accepted treatment for mental illnesses less than a 100 years ago.

I would never be with someone that cuts themselves or has in the past.
I'm depressed and shit, but self-harm is the most fucking retarded thing ever.
It's basically a permanent flag on your body telling everyone just how messed up you are.

damn thats hot ogog

its great, essentially advertising their instability which makes them easier to avoid

Also it's funny how it's socially acceptable to accept certain mental illnesses but not others. It's always "tee hee I have anxiety" and never "tee hee I have schizophrenia" or "tee hee I have DID". It's not even real acceptance since that would entail actually getting these people help so they can function better as we do with say someone in a wheelchair, it's just roasties co-opting yet more shit so they can prove again how unique they are and how much they're contributing to the world. Pretty telling how they reeee at AutismSpeaks for wanting to eradicate autism. I'm an autist diagnosed when I was 4 and I wouldn't wish autism on the child of my worst enemy. But if autism doesn't exist and I can be a normal fucking human being then Becky won't have a cute shirt to wear and a convenient excuse for her awful behavior.

I would if people treated physical illnesses with the same degree of romanticism. Talking about how depressed you are, or how bad your anxiety is, is almost like a badge of honour among some people. I'm aware it's how some people come to terms with their condition, but it is just as unhealthy as suppressing it. Be open, seek treatment to get better. Don't treat it like it's an interesting character trait.
I would hardly say we're at the beginning of understanding how our brain works, there's a lot things we do understand about it. Psychology has done a lot in a relatively short timespan. It's just that there are pretty big divides, biopsychology and behavioral psychologists will have distinctly different approaches to the same issue despite the common understandings they both have. I have a lot of discussions with peers that work in different fields, we can disagree on miniscule things and that will change our entire reactions to certain things, even though the bigger picture is very clear.

Yeah but there's a difference between acceptance and ""acceptance". If someone's a cripple, we say "That's a terrible thing but here is what can be done to help you lead a normal life." We don't say "Having legs that don't work and crawling everywhere on your arms is ok."

I don't know, I wouldn't say we understand mental illnesses yet. Take schziophrenia, there are two hypotesis afaik but that's the best we've got. For depression it seems to be serotonin deficiency, doesn't it, but then I've seen a study at ncbi saying how SSRIs help 40 out of 100 people. And for placebo it's 20 out of 100.
We know better than to sever the connections of prefrontal cortex, turn someone into a vegetable and call it a day, but we still have a lot to learn.

Makes you look like someone with problems in your head, personally this kind of people attracts me but I don't think it's the case for everyone...

Yeah, I didn't mean acceptance in terms of telling people that they're alright. Just understanding. Imagining what would it be like for you if you had no legs is a lot easier than understanding paranoid delusions. It's easier to imagine. It's not a different way of thinking.

I just think if people can't understand they should just leave it be because this "it's ok to have a problem" thing is damaging. Especially for dumb shit teenagers who can't know any better.

In what terms? Like they'll want to have problems like mental illnesses?
I think that's more of a thing of romantacising it, but that's just a fad that will pass once the current generation grows up. Each generation has a thing of their own.
I'd be happy with someone telling me "you're right, I don't understand" instead of trying to relate it to their feelings, trivializing it and saying anti-meds crap. I'm saying this as someone with paranoid schizophrenia. Yeah, leaving it is fine. Don't have a strong opinion on something you've got no idea about is a good advice in general. But my original point was just not to judge, like you wouldn't with a cripple.

there's a less dramatic way to practice self harm and it is called "playing roguelikes"

There pretty gay m8

depends on how many of them are there

I have scars on my upper arms from when i was I was in high school I never told anyone but now I've matured and the only self harm i do is drinking to excess and punching myself in the face while drunk, which I am now.

self harm scars, eww
obtained during accidents etc, i like it
i'm a guy btw

That's because you made small cuts you fucking faggot