How in the world do people even get poor or struggle with money? I work only part-time minimum wage (retail)...

How in the world do people even get poor or struggle with money? I work only part-time minimum wage (retail), and I still make enough to live on my own, pay the rent on time and eat well. And I have enough left over for some personal luxuries.

Attached: 266j.png (887x560, 53K)

weed and booze can get expensive

Right I forget how many people are degenerate drug addicts or alcoholics.

cost of living is fucking retarded in uk, if I moved out without a full time job I'd be out of money after maybe 1 year assuming the rent isn't too expensive, which it will be

Where do you live and what do you do?
I sincerely doubt you're able to pull such feats off.

I live in a medium sized city in Ontario. I know I would probably struggle if I moved to Toronto but I don't want to move to Toronto. I said in the OP I work retail.

I did leave one thing out, that I have a roommate so we split the rent that way, but I don't think that makes a huge difference.

I know what you mean. I got my first job at 26 years old. I've been working 30 hours a week at 18$/hr for about 20 months. I have 20k saved up.

People are dumb. They'll buy the biggest house the bank will let them. Buy a brand new car that loses half its value as soon as you drive it out of the lot. Go to school for a useless degree and pump out a few kids while being financially unstable. I have a theory that people add artificial difficulty to their life as a means to give their life purpose. The struggle to stay afloat in day to day life, the way nature intended.

You're lying. This whole thread is made up. Unless you live in a place where the minimum wage is incredibly high and the cost of living is incredibly low, and a car isn't a necessity and you don't have internet or cable and and you don't have to pay for water or heat or electricity and you don't buy your own groceries and and you don't pay a cell phone, you don't have much of a life outside of one or two things you can do at home and you get help from others with more money, it's near impossible to do what you're lying about.

Let's just assume the minimum wage where you are is $10/hr. You work 25 hours a week. Lets say your rent is on the low end. Maybe you live in some shithole all-bills-paid ghetto, so yo pay $400 a month.

Let's not include taxes. You make $250 a week, $1000 a month. After you pay rent, you're left with $600 for the month. Let's say you have an old, cheap car that takes $20 to fill up with gas. Let's also say you work near home. So you pay $20 every two weeks for gas. That's $40 a month.

Now you only have $560 for the month.

You need groceries for the week. It's just you, so let's say you only spend $100 for a month's worth of food. You now have $460. You have a car so you have to pay your car insurance. Then you have to pay for your cell phone. You don't have enough money, user.

Either you have some kind of side job that pays for the rest or you're a thot and someone is supporting your lifestyle.

I have a child originally

>Let's just assume the minimum wage where you are is $10/hr.
>Let's say you have an old, cheap car that takes $20 to fill up with gas.
>You have a car so you have to pay your car insurance. Then you have to pay for your cell phone.

>"this is made up bro"
>makes shit up about my life as "proof"

Attached: 1536863174520.gif (645x773, 1.15M)

food is fucking expensive, i am literally unable to make food that is nourishing and tastes good enough.

>BUT DUDE, JUST EAT BEANS AND GRUEL FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS LMAO :DDD

sorry chief, no can do. my body starts suffering from undernourishment very easily, besides my brains can't handle eating the same food for more than a week.

>but I don't think that makes a huge difference.
it literally makes 50% difference, cause your major costs are halved?
but it's dependent on where you live, prices, wages. and not everyone has a roommate to half their cost, and it's not necessarily easy to find one that's reliable and not a fucking crackhead or violent cunt or thief etc etc

In this scenario, I was coming up with the most minimalistic life one could have and that still wouldn't be sustainable. I was right. You have a fucking roommate. There was no way you were doing this shit alone.

I've noticed this with a lot of young people my age. fuckin retards spend all their money eating out because they can't cook to save their life. so glad my mom taught me how to cook.

>it's not necessarily easy to find one that's reliable and not a fucking crackhead or violent cunt or thief etc etc

I guess I lucked out because he's cool and responsible enough. He also lets me watch his Netflix because I do all the cleaning and tidying up. He works more and is more social so he doesn't have time to look after the place. He kind of gets shitty sometimes because he thinks I'm wasting my life working a shit retail job, but I know he's just looking out for me. He's really a cool guy.

it's not that i can't cook. i can follow recipes well enough and i can make different pasta meals.

the thing is that when you're alone, the work that went into making that food starts to drastically outweigh the reward that comes from it. you enjoy food only because either somebody else makes it for you or you make it for somebody else.

sharing food with others and seeing them enjoy it has a strong psychological effect on us. when you're eating alone, you're only sustaining yourself. when you're eating with others, you are at least in some form enjoying it unless you are a complete schizoid, psychopath or something like that.

no discipline or will power.
it's why they'll never be jacked, master anything or create anything great, as well as blow all their money.

I took a quiz last week that told me I was schizoid. f u user.

Attached: 1553181652326.png (500x500, 103K)

why do you think a quiz is enough to determine your mental state, user?

you've just lost all credibility when you mentioned living with a roommate, try living on your own then you wouldn't be able to brag about getting by with a part time job faggot

because we don't all live in Switzerland or Norway.

Drugs, alcohol and cigarettes drain your money very quickly. Also people spend way too much on clothes and stuff like that.

Are you saving money or spending it all before the paycheck?

>rent is 75% of paycheck after taxes for a shitty studio in a shitty area (had roommates since 18, fuck you I wanted my own damned place for once)
>tons of debt (student and medical)
>always random expenses pop up, $500 in various admin costs this past year alone
>frequent bouts of unemployment because jobs like to hire-and-fire for all entry levels in my field to dodge paying benefits (legally required after 3 months of full time employment)
gee I wonder. I don't smoke or drink or anything else, pirate everything, never go out, cook my own food, and eat poverty food ($1 of chicken thighs and $0.50 of fruit was my food yesterday.) I don't own much of anything, buy anything I need second hand. so poor now I'm unironically selling my asshole for money. If I get an std I'll just roll with it or blow my brains out, fuck this world.