What is your IQ and profession? How correct is this list?

What is your IQ and profession? How correct is this list?

Attached: ss.png (910x1657, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/12/03/plunging-prices-mean-building-new-renewable-energy-is-cheaper-than-running-existing-coal/#77d13cee31f3
energyinnovation.org/2018/01/22/renewable-energy-levelized-cost-of-energy-already-cheaper-than-fossil-fuels-and-prices-keep-plunging/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm 138 and am in uni for economics. Not sure where it really fits on that list

>doctor/surgeon isn't on the list at all

hmm

mines 127 at least when i was a kid
im sure its lowered a fuck ton due to all the shit life's delt on me
tfw cant even hold down packer jobs because bpd and suicidal

fuck this gay flat earth

fuck off engfags always pretend their shit is hard

>machinist
Honestly the definition is wrong, they should use machine operator. Machinists really can't be that dumb or they really don't do well. Seen a couple idiots lose fingers, good machinists aren't as smart as good engineers but christ this shit is why shops look for good machinists at basically minimum wage.

Those shops SUFFER. Seen it happen a dozen times. After months of passing through retards, machines crashing, scrap parts, they finally go "oh fuck machining isn't just pressing buttons" and put up wanted ads that make sense and hire reasonably sharp fellows. Machining, CNC programming/CNC machining, setups, metrology, all that shit isn't as simple as it looks.

The distinction between machine operator (part monkey) and actual machinist keeps getting fucking raped by these kinds of stupid charts. People parrot it all the time.

tfw 120 and in community college for economics. Neck self

148, attorney

What? Don't like that I'll be the one to get the one job offering outside of academia instead of you?

>IQ 117

I work in IT.
Its hella comfy and i do about 2 hours of work a day.

My profession isn't listed
>Librarian
>113 last i checked, but that was a couple years ago. Probably dumbed myself down over the years.

what kind of job specifically

Day to Day i handle tickets that other workers submitted simple stuff like printer not working, computer is slow, or upgrading someones computer.

But every month or so, i get instructed to write a python or power-shell script. i'm shit at programming, but its really ez stuff

i get paid like 62k a year

Mine is supposedly in the 99th percentile. I work in energy trading.

what do you do on the average day?

Split between portfolio management and trading and policy research (the energy industry is heavily regulated).

Shops keep hiring Mexicans that can't read, speak English, or do basic arithmetic, so I'm quite sure they drive the average down. Pretty similar to Califprnia, really. Third lowest IQ in the US, a d it used to be the highest.

what is your academic background

Tell me about some of the latest developments in energy policy

What does policy research entail exactly?

Attached: g6rI29k.jpg (809x1126, 497K)

>machinist
>IQ 98-95

I call bullshit. You have to be at least somewhat sharp to do CNC shit and interpret drawings or make your own, determine the speeds at which to machine different materials and all that shit.

I bet this was made by some snobby liberal asshole.

My point is more the very poor definition of the term machinist. It happens multiple times per day in actual machine shops, but yeah having illiterate mongoloids around that press buttons won't help the average.

Yeah see I think it's mostly a definition/common term use issue. People just don't know who is doing what work, and end up calling everyone involved an idiot because "isn't X thing an engineer's job?" while a good machinist is getting paid barely above a halfwit that can't put in a square part in a square hole correctly.

Mines 140 and I'm majoring in art so either I'm an enigma or this chart is off

I have an M.A. in economics.

Within American energy markets the driving force right now is adoption of renewable energy. In this regard California is in the vanguard, but many of its policies are going to eventually be adopted across the country. The big challenge here is that renewable energy is variable (i.e. you can't dispatch it to run when you want it to; you're dependent on forces like sun or wind). This variability makes itself seen in the market through huge swings in prices throughout the day.

Traditionally there was a single peak in the evening as people returned home from work and turned on their lights. Now there are two peaks in the morning and evening with a huge glut of energy on the market during the afternoon as solar panels pump out energy. This creates a phenomenon in prices known as the "duck curve" (see picture). Prices are high in the morning, collapse during the day (sometimes even becoming negative) and then rapidly spike in the evening. This requires resources that can very quickly ramp up and start producing lots of power. That's currently mostly being met by gas fired turbines, but eventually the political pressure to abandon gas is going to mount. The future here is in energy storage and batteries. That's a technology that's just beginning to enter commercial viability in small scale projects. It's an exciting time for the industry.

Attached: iu.png (600x393, 96K)

101. Dropped out of high school because I was too dumb

Attached: updated score.png (956x683, 37K)

To answer your third question. The policy research I do involves keeping abreast of changes in regulation and considering how they would impact the markets commercially.

There's a professor out of MIT that's working on Salt based batteries, which is interesting. There another project that is using electric engines that have motor-generators on the axles. The engines travel on tracks that go up hills to store potential energy during the day by using the excess electric energy to run the motor, and the PE is converted to KE by having the engine run back down the hill to run the generator. It's pretty ingenious.

do u struggle to breath? Also these tests are bullshit and don't trust them.

Attached: bigbrainboi.png (1033x631, 33K)

There's a ton of research being done in the field of storage. So far the two things that have been proven to be commercially viable are lithium ion batteries and pumped hydro storage. But there are flaws with both of those technologies which is why stuff like what you're talking about has the potential to be very big.

I'm 132 and I'd like to become an executive or auditor

127 and a fry cook

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (443x550, 37K)

Well, super capacitor are a thing as well. If they can ever figure out how to mass produce graphene, there's a good chance they'll supplant Li as a storage medium. Programmable charge gap is pretty big deal.

Many of the jobs around the 70-60 percentile seem they should be the least complex and easiest. Stuff like administration assistant, secretary, telephone sales, customer service, clerk, typist is a lot less complex and difficult than stuff like machinist, welder and mechanic .

How old is this list?
Student and >95 percentile

Do you know of any good mailing lists or email newsletters that you recommend

Attached: whiteRilakkumabearfacecupbySanX1731971.jpg (500x485, 20K)

if the tests are bullshit why do dumb people get low scores and smart people get high scores

My IQ is 92. I work fast food I'm 27 and a virgin. I want to try heroin

I tested 146 when I was in university. I guess I'd be a professional food service worker. Test probably doesn't account for nepotism or social skills.

>132
>neet
:thinking:

I'm in the top percentile and NEVER wanted to use my brain for slaving, and I know for sure I'm not the only one. Wanted a "brain dead" and physical effortless job, and train conductor fits that perfectly

>doctor not on the list
Also do people still not understand IQ is a meme

Well I don't know about my IQ, but I'm about to be an electrical engineer (in my last semester) with a pretty good master degree, so that works for me.

I have like a 90 something iq. I'm a debt collector on some days and others I just service electrical meters. Pretty comfy tho.

Tested in high school by psychiatrist, scored 147. I'm a neet.

>IQ 132
>Programmer

Pretty inaccurate. In many ways I'm a good programmer, but I am a fullstack web dev and am employed as an ios/android phone dev.

Life is suffering.

what about soldier though

86, Chemist.
Seems accurate, Idk

where would doctor fit in?

Considering this list is trash, at the top. Now getting the required degrees just require the ability to retain a lot of informations, little to no logic at all. It's clearly mid tier.

IQ of 156

Im a forklift driver

Yes, im not happy with it.....

>that grammar
>156IQ
Fuck off with internet tests.

At uni for a double major (neuroscience and medicine (which is both undergrad and postgrad in my country - both required to be a doctor)). IQ 147 at last official test (a few years ago - I am smarter now than I was then).
What is with this massive list of shit tier jobs?

154, artist. I have a day job selling consumer electronics. I'm either going to be great or I'm going to kill myself in a decade.

Why is "trainee" in the list?

well I was told I have below average IQ of 80 by a psychologist, still didn't stop me from being successful. I run my own e-commerce company which I started in 2017. better off than 90% of my friends who went to uni. maybe I'm just an outlier.

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-213955~2.png (296x298, 66K)

>IQ
Probably 115
>Job
NEET

IQ is all about pattern recognition and processing. Certain fields don't require it for success at all.

I'm studying biochemistry and most of the IQ tests I've done gave me results similar to 95-86 interval. Pretty accurate desu

tfw 156 and not having any motivation to get out of bed and go to uni at all

>being a mechanic or a machinist is less complicated than being a secretary or admin girl

Yeah nahhh fuck off mate

Attached: 1547500510684.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Im from czeach

>administrative assistant on the same level as lab technician
Who wrote this?

>Engineer 130-116

lmao I plug two finished software products together and call it a day.

This is pretty retarded OP. There is at best a loose correlation between IQ and profession.

I think this is what a lot of people don't realize. I got into programming 3 years ago because my job necessitated it, and a lot of titles come with "engineer" but depending on what you do it may either be amazing or a joke. My situation is similar to yours. People don't understand it's easy to write simple yet useful code for big companies.

Well I finish uni in just over a month and I'm thinking about becoming an Accountant, not that I'm over the moon about that. I did unskilled Labour on the side but I quit that shit, unbelievably boring so I'm glad I'm not a brainlet

I got 117 on a test and it was my first time trying to answer questions like that so I think my IQ is higher than 120. I find the idea I'm in the 95-86 percentile of the smartest people because I feel like an autistic dumbass

IQ doesn't mean shit. Most of these tests can be practiced.

discord
=|+|--|118|--|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 18.jpg (540x540, 69K)

im male ~115 iq, training to be an automotive technician.

Idk I'm in the 120s

I have a math degree, but the only work I've ever done has been 87-93 tier because I am autistic and can't handle the more complex social demands of other jobs.

The salt and cope is palpable. Too many job positions slap "engineer" on it when it's technician-level responsibilities or even lower, but real engineering requires critical thinking and problem solving

i sell insurance and im pretty sure im in the 90s somewhere. im fucking awful at programming so maybe its not too far off.

How did you get this job? Did you go to an ivy or have good connections?

The majority of the posters claiming >130 IQ are either larping or falling prey to the Dunning-Krueger effect. Sure there could be a selection bias as to who answers, but it's much more likely this board is full of a bunch of morons who have tricked themselves into thinking they're smart, which is honestly the majority of the human population.

130, manager
This list is pretty accurate unless it's your temporary or first job

Are there any robots here who have/are getting a degree in cadd? If so can I be your gf I dont have an above average iq but I noticed that guys who get a degree in that tend to be really cute for some reason.

Whoops didnt mean to reply to that

what is a reliable site to check your IQ? so many of them are fraud

>implying engineers can calculate anything for shit
o im laffin

let your actions speak for your intelligence

Attached: robert.png (101x104, 29K)

Hehe thanks
That's mean u know
CADD is Computer-aided design, right?
Engineers aren't cute at all

124, theoretical physicist. My profession isn't up there :/

I occasionally go out and have smaller jobs on the side while living the hotel-mommy life.
I might get into school again soon (just a jobschool, design) since I dropped out for not having enough class hours in total and horrible grades in the classes I slacked. I did this Norwegian test and if I remember correctly my unprepared score was around 118. I estimate my own IQ to be much lower though, I struggle with a lot of basic shit in life and I'm overall not the brightest candle

discord
=|+|--|316|--|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 16.jpg (305x473, 54K)

>tfw my IQ is 111 and Teacher is exactly what I want to be.

Attached: 1541530342605.png (452x432, 95K)

130-135 iq
pump gas

>military heavy equipment operator
Is this like a double negative where it makes me smart? Also idk what my IQ is but I scored extremely high on my aptitude test and could have went Int officer

125-130 according to most IQ tests I've taken in my life. Unemployed because I don't like working and I especially don't like making others rich.

I am an orthopedic surgeon and my IQ is 129.

So?...

Are economics professors really that out of touch? The United States is once again the largest natural gas and oil producer in the world. United States energy independence may become a long term fixture in the next few years due to shale oil and natural gas. There's no way renewables could compete with fossil fuels for at least 2 decades. The capacity to produce that much energy doesn't exist right now with Solar or Wind. California will go for green energy but mostly because they're on the wrong side of the Rocky mountains. Texas will just add more production of solar, oil, and natural gas, not reduce current production. Coal will be the big loser, but what will replace it will be mostly shale oil with slowly increasing (proportionally) amounts of renewables.

Assistant District Attorney here.

Very accurate.

Attached: 1552243047480.jpg (718x719, 743K)

Was 120 last time I tested pre brain damage, work as a software engineer now. Decently accurate I guess

136 IQ

NEET (used to be a web dev, quit job)

it was very easy, but i hated it with a passion

having a high IQ doesn't help you actually get the job, it just helps you once you already have it. i was universally seen as the best coder at my old job, but i can't put that on my resume. and it's illegal for employers to give IQ tests because some black guy sued them once, it was declared "racist" by the supreme court

>JP
based and redpilled

>There's no way renewables could compete with fossil fuels for at least 2 decades.
Renewables are already cheaper than fossil fuels per MWh produced, even given the initial fixed cost of decommissioning old plants and building new ones.
forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/12/03/plunging-prices-mean-building-new-renewable-energy-is-cheaper-than-running-existing-coal/#77d13cee31f3

Solar and wind are at $50 and $45 per MWh, compared to natural gas at $60. Look at all the planned natural gas closures for 2020.
energyinnovation.org/2018/01/22/renewable-energy-levelized-cost-of-energy-already-cheaper-than-fossil-fuels-and-prices-keep-plunging/

>162
>part time doing odd-jobs
I keep telling people I'll expand my "business" but I miss being a NEET enough as it is.

Everyone knows learning is the most intelligent thing you can do.

why cant you say you were seen as the best coder on your resume?

Attached: hitonome-881206554313203712-20170701_184309-img1 cropped.jpg (720x946, 116K)

>155
>Teacher

It's a living.

can you guess my IQ? Day trader making more then doctors and lawyers.

>why cant you say you were seen as the best coder on your resume?
i could, but there's no way to verify it and literally anyone could say that.

i mean, if you asked everyone at my old job, they would say that. but no, it's like putting "good memory" on a resume. it's goofy

120 and neurotypical

me no gud brain

143 i am steve jobless