Im starting to think that the livespan on memes continues to shorten on average over time

Memes die quicker and quicker nowadays. Also, younger generation memes are so cringy its unbearable. They rarely make sense and are hardly ever funny. Emogis? Really? Im sick of seeing this shit. Its like everything is cancer now. Yeet. Dab. Fortnite memes. Rap. Actually liking what bs is on trending on (())tube. Casually revealing your power level. I had a roomate my age who unironically watched logan paul. I kept my mouth shut, but it was painful to watch. The generation that is to come after us is being dumbed down into stupid morons who are easy to take atvantage of.
They all have snapcrap and facebook. Both track your location. Snapcrap has those stupid ego mini yous. ITS ALL KEKED AND BASEDED AAAAH.

Attached: 1510785307468.png (249x202, 6K)

nice blog

Thanks

terminal autism

meme science

Hurr durr my generation was better! The new generation is doomed!!!

You seriously sound like a boomer. Our next generation isn't being dumb down if anything it's becoming smarter. Math, science and literature are up, and with the internet people have access to databases of information.
It's just human nature to think that your generation was better, that's why your grandpa did it, that's why you're doing it now, and that's why I use to do it..
The next generation will be fine, Nd so will the generation after that, etc etc.

You sound like a Roman circa 350AD.

Large numbers of people are leaving US high schools functionally illiterate, and uneducated. Despite spending over $100,000 on each and every student to put them through the education system.

The internet is being used primarily to watch cat videos and for people to trash talk other people, and is a hive of scum and villainy.
It is not the information superhighway that was going to transform us into a society of philosopher-kings, as was promised to us in 1995.

So I'm not the only one with this hypothesis.

Welcome to the post ironic era, ironic posters are idiots who pretend being smart using irony as a social layer to prevent critics and attacks.
Pretending liking/laughing at something that you really don't like is dumb and stupid.

Attached: IMG_20180517_212853.jpg (720x803, 64K)

dabbbbabdbdbdabdbdbaba

The point of memes is to be obscure in-jokes. As the internet has become more mainstream and the age range of internet users has broadened memes don't stay obscure for very long, so once they become popular they essentially die. This leads to low-quality memes being cranked-out a high volumes since it seems everyone wants to create a popular meme, largely defeating the point.

doo

Attached: weidel-fred-flintstone.jpg (792x1008, 395K)

Memes need to be something that can evolve as people continually put a new spin or twist on it. That's how Pepe kept going for so long, and also wojak. Some memes care way more static and so die out quickly, like the oh shit, whaddup unicycle.

The word meme comes from gene, and like a gene they are supposed to be passed on from person to person, usually with some minor mutations.

While the word "meme" does come from "gene" it wasn't made to describe internet memes as we know them, which are mostly just fads.

>LOGan

Attached: 1508510393599.jpg (381x410, 119K)

How about a tl;dr there, Yappy?

based and redpilled

TL;DR:
How do we fix memes r/banter?

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x1000, 461K)

i think the strength of memes can be used as a proxy for overall collective intelligence.

the memes now are much more potent than they used to be. this makes sense, because not only are there more meme locii in the hive (on account of the hive being significantly larger) but also on account of the interconnected nature of the hive.

on your average day in 2004, you might use the internet for just a half an hour a day. so to internalize a meme and propagate it if you used the computer once a day.

in 2010, things were much more advanced. mean meme internalization time was shorter, because you would be on the computer for 4, maybe 5 hours a day for the average user so your meme propagation time was even lesser.

now, people are connected to the internet almost continuously. meme internalization across the hive is on the order of hours... maybe, in some limited uber connected subset of the hive, minutes.

i call this the meme internalization time, or MIT. We have seen it go from hours or days on average, to a couple hours, to, now, minutes, in a limited subset of the population. This Average Meme Internalization Time (AMIT) can be seen as a proxy for the intelligence of the hive.

we have already seen glimpses of the power of memes. recent elections are an obvious example, but memes also hold a sway over companies, countries, ideologies...

now here is where it gets very interesting. imagine, for a moment, an instantaneous internalization of memes. across the entire hive. This is an AMIT of 0—not technically possible, because of the laws of physics, but approachable. under such conditions, memes could evolve instantaneously. at this level, the memes themselves would be unintelligible—simply a proxy for collective intelligence. a new collective intelligence, one that could be used... for purposes indeed beyond understanding...

truly, it is a new era

Attached: 1523849272239.gif (500x452, 951K)

>on your average day in 2004, you might use the internet for just a half an hour a day.
Oh, I fucking wish that were the case.

Well, I'm talking about the average. Fair to say you are an outlier.

underrated post

Attached: 1524547541549.jpg (480x480, 23K)

how can that be when my wife chino is so cute

>(())tube