When you started to use Jow Forums? And how do you first discovered the site?

When you started to use Jow Forums? And how do you first discovered the site?

Attached: 1553321469430.jpg (773x645, 42K)

>me first
I discovered this place back in 2014 by a yt video where the guy mentioned Jow Forums and i got curious

>cant get out of here now
>biggest regret in my life

I first started using this site in late 2007/early 2008. I'm not sure how I discovered it. I just started using it.
I was 11 years old at the time. I envy you faggots who only stared using this site in your late teen/adulthood. You have no idea how overusing this site during my plastic years fucked me up.

Attached: 101903164222647.png (322x450, 113K)

I started using Jow Forums because I wanted to look for new music and I checked out /mu/. then I stayed for /co/ which I remember because the adventure time pilot had aired recently and people were discussing whether or not it would become a full show

please don't remind me how long I've been here

Attached: 7B96CC1F-13C1-42D7-AE97-FCB4DD50DC5F.jpg (758x974, 102K)

back in the day, can't fucking remember the year but megaupload was still around

In 2011 when I was 16. A friend told me about the /b/ board. That board died of cancer a long time ago so I don't go there. I wish I never heard of this place at all.

i really not remember why tho

> still here
Jow Forums is shit but everywhere else is worse

Attached: 1354028376775.jpg (1127x1050, 610K)

2016 and i'm 36. i obviously knew the name but because i hate anime i never wanted to visit.

i found /b/ when i was about 11
might have been through encyclopediadramatica
this was just before that turned into the ohinternet thingy. only browsed /b/ occasionally then i started browsing Jow Forums regularly

i remember my friend at the time was always talking about uncyclopedia

im with this guy you others dont even know (though i'd probably turn out dysfunctional either way)

2015 through r/eddit

>inb4 hurr durr back to r/eddit
yeah yeah fuck off

>13/14
friend screenshared some dead body and bullshit and i wasn't into it

>15
friend who is basically what you'd expect a Jow Forums neckbeard to be like talked about it and referenced memes from it. cool dude actually, genuinely good heart, became christian and got rid of his social anxiety and tried to help me out

>18
in uni before i dropped out that same semester. tired of reddit being so samey and uninteresting and gave Jow Forums a go because i'd seen some greentexts at that point. got into Jow Forums /lit/ Jow Forums and Jow Forums for the most part. still 18, but i go here every day. while a lot of you suck, a lot or decent humans, and a lot are more relatable and real compared to anywhere else on the internet. honestly wish i got in touch with you guys sooner. you're anons, but i feel a sort of oneness

unironically go back

Back in 09 I started using it but new about it before then but had no Internet access that was reliable. I probably hear about it from kids at school that went to newgrounds or something first. I was introduced to newgrounds first by people more online than I was, and they told me about emulators and other neat things and I at some point put Jow Forums on my todo list. I might also have seen it in a book or on TV mentioned for how notorious it was and then I realized it was just an animu site guilty of free speech so yeah.

2011, I was 12
id heard about it on bungie.net forums on the flood (a sort of toned down b)
i saw all the anime and was stuck in the index view and was instantly turned off
came back 2 years later because of the fappening
i lurked for two years before ever making a post

Attached: oldie].jpg (750x600, 44K)

fappening was 2013? wtf...

yeah like near the end of 2013
fall or winter i think

2009, got my own computer for my 11th birthday. started watching youtube poops n all that, and Jow Forums was referenced at some point. didn't start posting until about 6 years later

i remember the name Jow Forums from my early childhood, but ive only joined after the 2016 election because i was interested in pepe. lurked in Jow Forums for a while, but then wandered onto Jow Forums and decided it's better. still mostly lurk, but i do post time to time.

2006 when I would visit occasionally to flick through random hentai stuff when the mood took me

later on during bouts of depression I would find myself punching F5 on /b/ just for the novelty of updating images and texts regardless of content just because it almost felt like I was connected to something

i find the site to be relatable and repulsive in almost equal measures. there are a lot of young, lost men on here who desperately need guidance and reassurance.

the kind of humour that used to be present on this site has been gone for a long time now. it seems more full of dread, self-loathing and bigotry than ever (and that's really saying something).

Spring of 2011. I saw some MLP videoes on youtube and became a ponyfaggot overnight (I was literally 12 and the concept of fandoms was foreign to me). Back then I had never heard of Jow Forums or any kind of forum. It was my impression that the internet was just a place to watch cat videos and play flash games. Later I heard about Jow Forums from ponychan. The only board I liked was /co/, but I was always too afraid to post. I made a full migration and started posting when /mlp/ was made.

I'm still into MLP, but both /co/ and /mlp/ have become too autistic for my tastes. I mostly just stick to /a/ now and come to Jow Forums when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

in 2006 via YTMND, someone made one that was just an animation of a thread on here and someone in the comments was bitching about how it was ripped off from Jow Forums.

2006. People on IGN boards talked about it. I can't believe I've been here 13 years.

Started browsing boards from my own country in 2008, being 11-12 back then.
Ended up on Jow Forums(and r9k) in 2010-2011.
Been here since

15 years ago?
someone linked a thread from /a/ on a fansub channel I used to idle back on mIRC

2006 sa forums

2007/08 it was fucking great back then. I was a btard at the time and we've raided visa and mastercard and did a lot of other shit. I still fondly remember the time my brother could n't pay at the gas station because some guy in front of him tried using his mastercard but we servers ddosed their servers.