Is there any period of your life you're nostalgic for robots? What year/era of your life do you miss the most?

Is there any period of your life you're nostalgic for robots? What year/era of your life do you miss the most?

Attached: XP.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

>mid 2000s
>my room is a heap of old computers
>two benches with full rigs
>another bench as an electronics workstation
>spend my weekends biking around, picking up any cheap electronics and computers I can find
>weekdays after school I'm building robots and shit

Everything was going so well until my parents split up and my dad's new girlfriend took major issue with me enjoying my life and having hobbies

Attached: De8ZTl0VMAg1a6H.jpg large.jpg (1200x896, 275K)

Girls have some innate talent in ruining things, that's why only "guys only" hobbies work

She decided I was being "too loud" after a few months of living with us. It was bullshit obviously, because I would be running fucking power tools and shit without her ever noticing. She just said "there's like, some kind of banging noise? user we need to move your workbench, I have hair styling clients and the noise is bad tee hee"

So my dad moved my workbench with all my parts outside, where I watched all my electronics I spent years gathering got rained on and ruined. Eventually I had my computers and my cell phone taken away too. Lived in a remote area so I was completely isolated.

It was my first encounter with someone irredeemably malicious.

Socially the best year of my life was 2011, the year I graduated from 8th grade. That was when I had the most friends of my life and the most important milestones of my development. I am stagnant in life and have no friends no.

But the personal best year of my life was 2006. I was like 9 years old with no cares, no friends, no responsibilities and I spent the entire year playing Guild Wars 24/7. To this day it was the most magical experience of my life, more magical than the adventures I had in real life. I don't think I will ever enjoy anything as much as I enjoyed playing Guild Wars as a kid in the mid 2000s.

Attached: tfw no gw.jpg (638x475, 33K)

Elementary school, i was still too young and dumb to notice I was different from the other kids, then middle school I realized I had no friends

I miss the days before everyone got a computer and a cellphone, I really enjoyed the live in a small town, it was like everyone was more than happy in doing their things, now everyone is trying to act like media tell them to act.

2004-2007 for sure. I remember just sitting in bed, reading Mortal Kombat: Deception coverage on Tips & Tricks and jamming out to Usher or Kelly Clarkson on Z100. Or moving into a new apartment, having the TV in my room first hooked up, and watching My Chemical Romance and Christina Aguilera videos on MTV

That era was just amazing for Top 40 radio

That's cool as hell, user. I used to be into robotics too. I was thinking of getting back into it. What did you used to use? Arduino?

like 2002-2004. all i did was smoke weed with my friends, have small lan parties with them, and i was hanging out with a really cute girl that liked me (i fucked it up after a while). then everything went to shit

Remember when you had a chance with girl without being a chad? Now every fucking whore want a 10/10 chad, and will ignore most guys

For me, it was around 13 or so. We had just moved into a new house, I got a gamecube and ping pong table for my birthday... I'd always play it in the basement with my brothers. Sometimes they'd play a game together or fight and I would be in the computer room making movies on windows movie maker, or playing this old pc game, Fate... Those were the days, bros.

It was all breadboard and loose wires. I wanted an Arduino badly back then but couldn't really afford it or find a supplier.

My favourite robot I had ever built was an automaton that operated on several independent logic gates running to physical sensors. It used photocells to track the position of the sun and position itself to keep its solar panel in the best possible position. I think I was working toward building a Von Neuman machine or something like it, but I haven't revisited it for more than 13 years now.

Around 2007 or so. Playing Super Smash Bros Brawl after school and beating the Subspace Emissary was the fucking best

i'm 6/10 at best. i had chances with 3 girls. they all liked me, but i ruined all my chances. they were cute too, one of them was basically a stacey lite. if i grew up today those girls wouldnt have even fucking looked at me twice.

11th to 12th grade + the summer after 12th grade.
Those were the absolute peak of my life, especially 12th grade.
During 12th grade I had 3 AP classes, and it was unironically the best time of my life. I only had 4 classes that whole year, so I could focus all my time on the 3 classes I had hw in.
All of those classes I had great teachers in, and as such genuinely enjoyed the material and the classes.
Almost all my time was spent at school or doing homework, and it was so great. My mind was at its intellectual peak due to the constant mental exercise, and music was more enjoyable than ever as a result.
I was at the point where my mind would sometimes make completely original music in my head with little effort, all specifically tailored to my mood.
Also I actually had friends in my classes, which made them much more enjoyable than they would have been.
Basically that year was where everything aligned to make the best possible year for me.
No internet addiction, no shitty classes, almost no boredom.
I would kill to be able to relive my life like that, but it's impossible since all the conditions that lead to it being so great are things out of my control.

>I miss the days before everyone got a computer and a cellphone
This.

When I was a kid, 5-6/10 girls would be with regular guys, girls today only want 9-10/10 guys, with money, or sex with 8/10 in parties

Every day before the one I am currently living. No day is better than the last.

when cs 1.3-1.6 was in its golden age, roughly 2001-06

Attached: cplwinter2001.jpg (560x420, 52K)

i remember the shitfit when they introduced the stutter-jump in 1.4 to stop all the bunny hopping

kek i think i still recognize them. i think that's method, ksharp, moto, and i think sunman's sitting behind them

1-10 was awesome, 11-12 was ok i guess, life ended about a month before 13 and I've been looking back ever since.

i miss the era when no trannies and faggots posted on this board

Spring of 2001

Damn, that's really cool. I only did basic stuff