Are Octopuses Actually Space Aliens? Scientists Reveal Provocative Theory

>Octopuses are aliens. That’s the claim being made by a team of 33 researchers published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. They are not referring to aliens in a metaphorical sense, but literal aliens from outer space.

>Specifically, the researchers propose the idea that alien viruses crashed to Earth in a meteor, infected a population of primitive squid and caused them to evolve into octopuses.

>Another theory they suggest is that fertilised squid or octopus eggs were delivered to Earth by a meteor.

independent.co.uk/news/science/octopus-aliens-scientists-theory-meteors-space-earth-cambrian-explosion-a8358631.html?amp

>The collective, consisting of 33 scientists from around the world, has published a paper in the journal Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology that discusses the possible origins of octopuses. The paper points out that the existing theory that they evolved from a nautiloid that inhabited the Earth about 500 million years ago doesn't hold water, as the genetic differences and characteristics between the two are too vast and couldn't have happened over that period of time.

>The scientists note that octopuses possess a sophisticated nervous system, shapeshifting bodies and an ability to mask themselves with their surroundings — traits that the nautiloid never had. Additionally, it has recently been discovered that despite their rather stable DNA, octopuses can manipulate their own RNA to adapt to almost any environment. According to the scientists, all these features "seem to be borrowed from a far distant ‘future' in terms of terrestrial evolution."

sputniknews.com/amp/science/201805191064611666-alien-octopuses-eggs/

Attached: 46-475966.jpg (1920x1200, 864K)

Bump

Umm sweetie, the historical/social impact of biological aliens existing on Earth is very Jow Forums related

Yeah. But humans had enough time to evolve from a bacteria...

Attached: d873a2af322821ef10c9b893946b61de.jpg (640x358, 44K)

>biological alien

hurmm...not sure where does belongs to

Very cool if true.

I for one would love octopus overlords to put the niggers, muslims and jews into line.

Just as long as they let the whites have their own ethnostate.

I liked the theory about pigs+monkeys=humans

>500 million years of evolution
>Gets perfected for their barely changing environment
MUST BE ALIENS
I guess humans are aliens too.

Sounds plausible.

Attached: ff_octopus_conspiracy5_f.jpg (660x660, 90K)

Attached: ayy wtf.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Yeah, but they still take bait and hooks.

Space OctoAYYYs are noobs

we have features for suit for water or sea environment than land.

Not in 500 million years

The same things are supposedly true about us. DNA complexity apparently indicates an evolution time greater than the age of Earth. I think at some point they either have to take panspermia more seriously or reconsider their methodology may be flawed.

Aliens are really tasty then.

>DNA complexity apparently indicates an evolution time greater than the age of Earth
It seems reasonable that DNA doesn't evolve in a linear way but that certain conditions and changes in environment would cause more mutations. We aren't ayys bruh

So.. I guess HP Lovecaft was right ?
Hail Cthulhu !
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Aliens aren't real and life outside of Earth doesn't exist.

>life outside of Earth doesn't exist
Prove it

you cannot authoritatively state that portions of humanity do not descend from aliemz. ancient mythologies support the possibility, and certain things we see today do not have sufficient explanation, like the rh- people.

i had read a paper about varying neutrino emissions from the sun and how it can affect the decay time of terrestrial molecules and atoms. i find it plausible the varying solar emissions could affect DNA causing a spurt of `evolution.`

gdamn i want an alien salad right now.

We can't find fossils of an organism with no bones therefore aliens.

pic is of the guy that pulled this idea out of his asteroid.

Attached: Chandra-Wickramasinghe.jpg (300x327, 36K)

(((Science)))

Fucking aliens brah

I'd say mushrooms are a better candidate for such a thing being that they have triple helix dna.

Humans could evolve from bacteria in 1 million years if the right mutations and selection occur. It only takes a few centuries to turn a wolf into a handbag ornament.

Earth is our only petri dish to draw conclusions from. Evolution can happen fast.

>Prove it
Prove it exists first

Really makes you th-ink de geso~

Attached: 1506543964421.gif (400x418, 397K)

God created the octopuses. Just like he created the flat earth! You guys have faith in your god of Time, if there is enough time then anything is possible!? but now it's if there isn't enough time then it must be aliens!?

Why not have faith in God instead?
Turn from your sins and be redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ!

Hebrews 11:3
“By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.“

The absence of proof is not a proof of absence.
For the moment, we cannot say if life exists beyond earth, but the sheer size of the universe (mind you that there is more to the visible universe due to inflation) and the fact that planetary systems are now proved to be more like the rule rather than exception, makes alien life quite probable, even statistically highly probable. The only thing we do not know is how complexity arises from simple compounds, but given that the universe itself has risen from something unrefined to complex structures like galaxies, neutron stars, etc... I basically think "as above, so below".
The fact that intelligent life seems rare is either :
-coverup
-non-interference
-rarity (the great filter, Fermi paradox)

>ancient mythologies support the possibility
That's the last thing anyone would ever want to trust.

They do look like aliums with the big head and tentacles.Great possibility.

ancient mythologies and oral traditions are far more trustworthy than the shit we're taught today, which is a bunch of lies written by those in control. there are many old stories from groups that didn't have any interaction that tell extremely similar stories.

>there are many old stories from groups that didn't have any interaction that tell extremely similar stories.
Yeah, it's like human minds all work the same way and human imagination is limited.
Tell me one ancient thing I should trust, world trees and one guy shooting lightning from the top of a mountain does not sound believable.