Be me

>be me
>never learned how to drive
>bike commuter since high school (almost 15 years now)
>literally never got fat
>10 miles a day
>half century every monday morning
>200 mile ride every six months
>hot enough to make chicks drive me around
>almost 30
>look like I'm 23

Anyone else a bikefag?

Attached: bikefag.jpg (469x245, 19K)

I heard that biking is better than running because it's better for your knees, anyone can confirm?

OP here, I've never actually gone for a run

It's better if you're overweight, but it could potentially interfere with lower body strength progression since it can be pretty high resistance at speed

Personally my ITBs hate the cycling motion and I've never had a knee issue running, that wasn't fall related. But I used to run middle distance semi professionally and now I run ultras so I've always run. ymmv

post your bike fag

I love cycling but my city is shit for it, I hate commuting on the road with a bike cos I know how much of a burden I am to the cars.

Wish I lived a bit more rural so I could on 4 hour rides every weekend

My nigga. I've been cycling for 10+ years but not as aggressively as you (I wish). Cycling is life.

>27 years old and got my license a few years ago but too scared to drive (literally have nightmares weekly about driving where i immediately crash)
>bicycle 10 miles a day to and from the subway station (5 miles each way, one straight downhill, other straight uphill) to go to my shitty job
>weigh 135 lbs
>basically an autistic shut in manchild, get to any of the rare places i go with a combination of bicycle and subway
>could move at least somewhere downtown close to subway station to make life easier for me but instead continue living with parents
>even though bicycling is one of the few activities i do, i have not joined any sort of club or converse with other bicyclists in any way, don't do centuries or anything like that

>Be me bike and have the health benefits
>also have car with bike rack
It nice to able to get round far and close and mountain as well
Post your bikes fags.

Most sources seem to back it up, which makes sense considering the absence of hard impact.
Not having your pedals properly adjusted and flairing your legs out will do a number on your knees though.

I have a drivers licence but the shit is too stressful for me. Too many brainlets, thots browsing insta while driving, old decrepit farts with joints so arthritic they can't even drive properly, not to mention the bald egotrip manlets fucking rally driving. Waiting for hours in traffic jams and not being able to find a parking spot are also incredibly annoying.

So I just bike around. Feels good.

I bought a cheap beater to drive to and from work and I've been wanting to throw a bike rack on it for this very reason.

I should cycle more. My city 131 miles of dedicated bike trails and I've only seen a small portion of them.

cycling is definitely easier on your knees than running. slamming your foot against pavement where the force transmits its way up your bones/muscles/ligaments to your knees is much worse than the range of motion bicycle pedaling does

how do you get about in winter when its snowy as all shit?

Enjoy your erectile dysfunction

cope

>Everywhere has snow
Not him but cold weather rides are unironically my favorite.
I love bundling up and tearing through fresh snow, one leg out flat track style while cagies are scared to go to work.
Or even drifting and testing balance on ice.
I live in Michigan though so the salt is hell on components.

not everywhere obviously, but over here it gets bad and icey. i feel like i'd end up opening my skull, i live in an urban area so parking and being a car driving cagie is a nightmare

Eventually you learn how to fall properly, which is actually easier with snow.
I've only took a knock to the head once, although I did almost get blinded by a broken brach once as well.
Knees, hips, elbows, forearms, wrists, palms; these are what get chewed up. I'll ride without a helmet before I ride without full finger gloves.

is trek 1.5 gud

worst part of bicycling is when you run over anything even a pebble and you hear that echo thunk and immediately think you blew a tire

how do you get groceries and not get humiliated around girls by not driving

Elliptical trainers tend to be good for the knees too.

Be good looking.

I like biking but I can't use it as a form of transportation where I live.
It's pretty hot here and the humidity is terrible, not to mention I swear more than the average person. By the time I get to my destination on bike I'm soaked in sweat

Attached: sad-pepe-35994325.png (500x492, 53K)

Alpha? What year?

Shop on a day to day basis. Hit the grocery store on the way home.
Or just be Chad and use a bike trailer on Sunday.

I'd be content with it, but wouldn't expect to be competitive in a semi-serious race.
It will have a more comfortable riding position and from what I gather comes tubeless ready.
Aluminum can be harsh, but unless you plan on riding cobblestone I doubt it will be insufferable.
Really depends on condition and price. And of course if it's the right frame size.

>>almost 30
>>look like I'm 23
There's no way you look 23 if you're in the sun that much

this, sit in the house all day every day and avoid sunlight as much as possible

Whenever I meet a man who can't drive I immediately think 'there's something not right about this guy'.
Driving is one of the things every competent adult male should know how to do.

it’s the bike i already have, bought it used with shoes included for what i’m pretty sure was a good deal and i am content with it. not really planning on racing and it’s definitely god tier for riding on roads compared to my old walmart mountain bike. just wondered what Jow Forumsizens thought of it

lies. bikefags have king like squat numbers

Attached: 1555564985649.png (284x177, 103K)

Attached: 1543825820506.png (2000x550, 966K)

most bikers have drivers licenses. but cycling is just a superior mode of transport.

That's probably true but I'm referring to the OP.

If you do not have proper runnning form, then biking is definitely much safer.
If you know how to run, then they're both equally safe, but running is better because you use more muscles.

Proper form or not, running is hell on your joints, unless you manage to always run on natural soft ground.
Even then there is still constant impact that does have a cumulatively damaging effect.

There's no serious impact if you don't strike down heel first. Our bodies were made to safely absorb any impacts from running. Running on dirt or track helps with impact absorption but is not necessary. You use the muscles properly to avoid straining the joints on any surface. Literally the same principle as in weightlifting.

Only exception to the above is if you're fat, in which case you're probably risking a lot regardless of form or ground softness and should lose the weight before trying to run.

Bike to work Master Race checking in.

Attached: 8E52296B-BFA4-406E-80F2-10E4F0C092F0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

I want to bike more on trails or something, but biking on the road is fucked up. Roads are for cars. Bikers hate cars, cars hate bikers, so I'll stick to driving, thx.

Are you me?

yeah thats true. got license at 25, havent driven in the two years since and never driven a car alone, have massive anxiety thinking about driving. yet i dont have a problem bicycling on dangerous streets alongside cars

I literally just completed a 240km (150 mile) ride between 2 cities here in northern france. I fucking love cycling. I'm feeling it in my quads today, but it's thank to cycling that I have good legs. Plus it's good for cardio.

Attached: Captain_Marvel_trailer_at_the_National_Air_and_Space_Museum_4_(cropped).jpg (944x1180, 667K)

I biked to work for about half a year, then got in an accident. Luckily I wasn't seriously hurt. I don't bike to work anymore :(

Yes. The only people who hate cycling are amerifats who all claim to live in the sticks.

Layer up

All the evidence for this comes from studies of ultra distance bicyclists (300 miles a week minimum) who report a temporary (as in gone after a few days) numbness/weak erections after particularly long (100 mile) rides.

Do you also advocate against lifting because of incredibly rare injuries that only really occur to high level lifters?

>been doing this 4.5 mile ride home from work nearly daily for 2 years
>still takes me 25 minutes to do it
>still only hit the mid 6s mph going up the big hill
>even tho i ride a light road bike, just last week some old guy on a mountain bike with massive tires went past me like i was standing still

Attached: MuBTeFM[1].png (399x138, 6K)

those are the legs of a sprint track cyclist who includes heavy squats in his routine
regular cyclists don't do that and don't have great quads because of it

It's bad for your nuts though. But that depends on the type of bike too

Best legs

Attached: 625DD596-C6A0-48B4-809D-36EE58DF8CE6.jpg (225x225, 10K)

its because you sit on the pudendal nerve for an extended period

I’m not disputing the mechanism or the existence of the phenomenon.

What I’m stating is that it appears to only be a temporary issue affecting cyclists who put in an extreme number of miles.