Can someone explain the whole "lifting for strength" thing to me...

Can someone explain the whole "lifting for strength" thing to me? Why tf are people on this board so obsessed and dedicated to getting the highest arbitrary number on an extremely specific and specialized body movement? That's not fucking fitness, that's the opposite of fitness, the human body was only meant to be so damn strong alongside being fast, being dexterous, being capable of long-endurance, etc; it wasn't meant to deadlift fucking 700 lbs. And I'm not saying don't lift weights, I think everyone should lift weights and build as much muscle as naturally possible, and when that begins to slow down then you should get gud at other things, like swimming, or hiking or rock climbing or gymnastics, etc. A true athlete is well rounded in all of these. You do not need more than a fucking 2-3 plate bench, it's just not necessary, thats plenty fucking strong, but these retarded goddamn mouth breathers start blasting test and shredding their tendons and joints so they can move 500 lbs a couple inches off their chests; wtf is the point?? why would you every trade a long, healthy, athletic life for a retarded standard of strength?

Attached: 1440992939939.png (1106x1012, 660K)

Powerlifters are retarded and you shouldnt try to reason with them

Being strong makes life easier

I like shitty korean grinding rpgs so i turned my life into one

In order to be good looking you need to watch your diet. Powerlifters are disgusting fat slobs who are eternally bloatmaxing. Not only they will croak sooner than 99% of population they carry lifelong injuries and doctor appoitments.

Lifting for strenght is biggest scam and meme to this fucking day.

this

Seriously, like yeah it’s badass to smash a record and lift 1000 pounds, but after that, then what? A destroyed back and joints and horrendously clogged arteries?

Listen buddy, when you're trapped under a boulder don't go asking me to lift it off you.

imagine op took the time to write all that.

If you don’t have a certain level of strength then hypertrophy programs won’t produce sufficient growth

You don't know what it's like to be weak

Attached: feelsbot9000.jpg (970x545, 771K)

Post body with timestamp.

now you

Attached: 1515624367486.jpg (850x838, 143K)

What's the min level for efficient hypertrophy?

Because its fun for them and they enjoy pushing their body in that way.

Now post body + stats

Post body

You finally understood the final fitness redpill quite early.
Aesthetics + performance >>>>> strength in the gym.

I use to go for high powerlifting totals then I swapped it for calisthenics + weights and yoga and BJJ and I feel much better. I used to bench 140kg now I can barely do 85kg for 5x5

Because lifting for aesthetics or trying to be shredded as a natty is a meme

OP is rarted, but dont kid yourself if you think you can lift a boulder

Somewhere around 2/3/4.5/5.5

kek

going for aesthetics wont give you perfrmance, there are tons of guys who are jacked but are athletically stiff as wooden planks, athleticism is somethin you develop from young age you cant go the gym when you're 20+ do dips and pullups and expect to gain athleticism, you go to the gym and only thing you get is bigger muscles but wihtout knowledge or abilty how to use them they are pretty much useless, also you wont get a girlf friend by being aesthetic

It's a hobby. You have a goal and you want to achieve it. When you achieve your goal, you feel happy and get a dopamine rush.
That's like asking why a soccer player is obsessed with scoring goals, or why a basketball player likes shooting hoops.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (308x164, 10K)

Best post I’ve ever seen on Jow Forums

Good post brother. Lifting is a tool for pursuing a higher physical goal

>Coping weak twink with sub 4 plate bench