Is the mediterranean diet the best in the world?

Attached: kyriakos bulk.png (873x613, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.springer.com/article/10.1186/2041-7136-1-24
hopes.stanford.edu/the-mediterranean-diet/
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0708681
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

No, it's nutritionists being retards again
Med diet is healthy because the food is fresh, not what food it is. And also because there's fucking hills everywhere

Nope.

I'm Italian. it is.

All Mediterranean larpers are a bunch of berber rape babies who use “muh based society” to make up for their failing shithole countries

Why do Greeks look like Turks?

Go shoot a school

because Turks raped their grandmothers for a long time.

Neck yourself you fat subhuman

Yes, fuck mutts saying no

You're as fat as the rest of Europe, and your 2 year olds are the fattest of all

yes. *ahem*

FUCK KIKES
FUCK BURGERS
FUCK NORDIC SUBHUMANS
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK SAND NIGGERS

not really, but mediterraneans are cool

t. Amerilard

italy is a pretty fit place

You forgot FUCK CHINKS

>full of fatties
>almost every meal contain carbs

Post body you obese american

Because greeks are turks.

ay thanks user :)

>So you be sayin'
>*ajusts burnous*
>We wuz uh conquerors n sheit

>I-its just too much sun yknow.
>Here, look at this photo of me when I was two years old
>look how whi- uh pale I looked

Same reason Turks look like Greeks, I imagine.

No actually it's the other way around. Turks are Greeks with some central Asian, Arab, Slavic and Persian admixture

Yeah.

Probably. It's definitely the tastiest diet.

I think the best thing about it is the olives, which I eat anyway.
Also this. Everything fresh and prepared on the day.

But the Italian diet is all carbs

it's a pretty based diet honestly
best taste:macros ratio your going to find

Mediterranean unironically has the best food in the world

Kek

If you've never traveled anywhere, sure.

No. Meds are simply the one and only genetically superior master race. We could be eating amerimutt food and still mog everyone.

Nah Ethiopian>> Mediterranean

Olive oil and fish

yeah, this

Morocco and Japan my friend

whoops, Morocco is medi...then you might be right

Seethe more v2.mohammeds

>TRIGGERED

That's because even people in the Mediterranean don't follow this diet anymore and eat suggary trash and junk instead, retard.
Fuck the food industry.

Attached: F23AA02A-92AE-42A9-BC69-43955B572881.jpg (524x120, 49K)

Noo no you got it all wrong Greeks are just orthodox Turks.

Turks look like Greeks not the other way around. Go ask a Turk to take a DNA test. He'll be 40% Greek or Italian,40%West Asian(Armenian,Georgian,Persian) and 15% Middle Eastern(typically Levant countries) and finally 5% Central Asian(actual Turk). People look at the countries mentioned before and say that they look like Turks so their dark hair is a result of Turks coming in. The reality is that Med and West Asian people have always looked like that. Roaches are just carrying their genes while speaking roach language. Most of the roaches who came from central Asia are dead(the roachized Armenians and Greeks sent these guys to die in the front lines) or assimilated.

I'm Greek and I've been to other European countries and they all have great food.
Except London what the fuck was that, we had to go to ethnic restaurants to eat some good food.

We have healthy and unhealthy food like everyone else though, we just use a lot of olive oil.
For example mousaka, which is a pain in the ass to make, requires you to fry three different ingredients separately, then make the bechamel separately, then put them all together and finish in the oven. It's great but there's a lot of frying involved.

I'm Armenian and I rarely make Armenian food. Most cultural food from that area is a pain in the ass to make. I usually look up Italian recipes because they're quick to make. That's why I declare that Italian is the superior cuisine in all of med

The (((Mediterranean))) diet is another pseudo scientific fiction with a ton of inserted sugar. The people of that region prior to World Wars ate a lot of meat, not fucking starches.

Sauce?

Past, present and future of pastoralism in Greece

"Pastoral farming has been a feature of the Greek scene since antiquity. The geomorphology of the area, climatic conditions and the prevailing systems of agricultural production in lowland regions at any given time have all been conducive to the development and preservation of this productive system, principally of small ruminants, until the present day."

Attached: 1565565583900.jpg (1600x1200, 421K)

People in the Balkans still eat plenty of meat. If you step inside a Serbian restaurant you'll literally get a plate of meat accompanied by more meat

American diet is best!

And still we look better than all of you fat burgers. It's about the quality of the ingredients.

I hate this meme. Most Turks are greeks/balkans who became islamified hence why many are whiter towards the west, the ones to the east, which is closer to the ME and Iran look more persian or middle eastern, those are the real "Turks"

Its completely the other way around, Turks are mutts who have mostly balkan and greek blood with a bit of persian and mixture mixed in there.
>inb4 t.greek
Im not even greek

and arab*

> Healthiest recognised diet (Mediterranean) is carb heavy
> Ketards seething

There is literally nothing wrong with carbs

you have clearly no fucking clue what the mediterranean diet entails or what it was based on
modern eating patterns even in rural "traditional" households in the med are not the same as they were before the cold war, the mediterranean diet was based on the diet of a specific group of greeks in crete that lived far longer than other meds and westerners, and their diet was based on bread, seafood and vegetables, a diet that was heavily influenced by war shortages in the food supply but also the lack of abundance in meat production and supply of the modern day.
the "mediterranean" diet that you see now in the med is not the true mediterranean diet that was eaten during and shortly after/before WW2

hopes.stanford.edu/the-mediterranean-diet/

Today Greece has the one of the highest obesity rates in the world. The proportion of overweight children — about 40 percent — might be the highest, except for some Pacific islands. The problem’s especially bad in Crete, home to what could be the world’s healthiest diet.

>Vegtard

see

deal with it snowniggers+burgers
There's a reason if we live until 90yo still able to read a book to our nephews and take a walk, while you chumps suddenly become full of tumors once you're past your 50s.

The "Mediterranean diet" was never peer reviewed nor was the diet scientifically substantiated. It was back doored via a special supplemental of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. This likely occurred because the collation of data regarding dietary habits was so fractured and poorly understood, that it was seemingly ignored in favour of associative data, epidemiology that Ancel Keys collected. Critics of the time being Ferro-Luzzi openly admitted there was no scientific footing to the dietary concept of a "Mediterranean diet" per say.

This invalidates the concept that meat did not have a central role in such diets as there's no evidence against it in this particular framework of the Mediterranean diet created by Antonia Trichopoulou . Albeit I've come to a greater appreciation of olive oil as it seemed to have laced almost everything the Greeks ate, composing a substantial amount of calories. 40% of the Greek caloric intake coming from fat.

Research paper I linked clearly demonstrates pastoralism played a central role in Greek life. Animal products were part and parcel of Greek life.
If you have criticism of the research paper I would be interested in hearing it, though doubtful I am of a coming response.

Past, present and future of pastoralism in Greece

Another thing to touch upon the associative cluster fuck that was Ancel Keys, the "bad cholesterol hypothesis" is a discredited theory. This is important to note because in the above because olive oil does not alter the fatty composite of the human body such as to favor increased oxidization, where as all the other processed vegetable oils do, especially externally in the cooking process.Its a huge confounder in Antonia Trichopoulou's study.

Attached: 10487172_816633468393919_275562517508846877_n.jpg (720x951, 105K)

It's the other way around.

Western Turkey (istanbul + the Aegean Coast + the black sea coast in the north ) were inhabited by greeks since like the dawn of time, and remained inhabited mostly by ethnically greek people up until the 1920s, when The Ottoman Empire fell down and Turkey decided that minorities living in Anatolia could go fuck themselves.

Expanding further in studies

Weight Loss with a Low-Carbohydrate, Mediterranean, or Low-Fat Diet
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0708681

When put to the test of low carb high fat, Mediterranean, low fat, unsurprisingly high fat wins out in fat loss.

(Quote - )
"The mean weight loss was 2.9 kg for the low-fat group, 4.4 kg for the Mediterranean-diet group, and 4.7 kg for the low-carbohydrate group (P

can confirm actually, up in the North people are more slim even if you see sometime some fatter person, but all my young cousins from the South (sicily and Puglia) were fat as fuck when they were kids.

Another thing I've noticed too is that once kids (boys especially) hit the teenage years, 80% of the time they realize they're disgustingly fat (culture in the south is much more "materialistic" and there's a lot of importance about how you look, the brands of clothes you wear, etc.) and all start to hit the gym or do more physical activity. So there's this paradox situation where the huge majority of the kids is rather "plump" and round, then magically every people you meet in the street who's in their 20s is in amazing shape. Of course this is just something I noticed every time I go there during holidays, not scientific data, but i think it's still interesting.

unrefined sugars and fats, my amerilard friend, that's the key. And fish instead of red meat.
You can eat all the spaghetti you want, if you go to McDonald's only once per month instead of, you know, every day

Attached: 1420141571407s.jpg (125x90, 3K)

> The people of that region prior to World Wars ate a lot of meat

'no'

Attached: 1419641534583s.jpg (113x125, 3K)

>Med diet is healthy because the food is fresh, not what food it is. And also because there's fucking hills everywhere

And what kinda food can you get fresh?

Fish and olive oil are great
Greek DNA has been unchanged for thousands of years

Ah, a fellow fasting connoisseur I see

Good take honestly