Power clean day

Power clean day

You guys are doing at least one type of Olympic lift, right Jow Forums?

Attached: PowerCleanCollage2-1024x576.png (1024x576, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_drttm5r66A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only do cleans to prep for strongman meets.

I only do the second part of cleans as a warm up for ohp

I dont wanna do any other olympic shit and snap my shit up

Didn't strong man oberst say power cleans are safer than Deadlifts? If you do Deadlifts, you better stop that too if you're afraid of snap city

>snap my shit up
From a power clean?
>/fitness/

Oberst is a joke. The guy is literally a 6’6” 400lb meme.

Olympic lifting uses baby weight unless you're actually good. Only a complete mong will snap their shit up

He did but he's wrong; basically that thing was him coping because he's shit at deadlifts

Got a new C&J and Clean PR's today.

My gym doesn't have bumper plates so no.

I agree he's a joke but there's a reason professional athletes prefer power clean to conventional Deadlifts

>this shit again
youtu.be/_drttm5r66A

youtu.be/_drttm5r66A

Yes there is, their S&C coaches prefer their athletes do complex movements that express their athleticism rather than simple ones that strengthen or condition them in order to justify their jobs.

Perhaps but I'm pretty sure it's proven that power cleans are safer than Deadlifts, just in the fact that it's effective at much lower weight

Proven by who?

The deadlift can be learned with proper form in 5 minutes or less. The power clean requires in-person coaching from someone who knows what they're doing.

No they're not. Power cleans are limited by power production and so for many populations they can continue to gain strength through a deadlift but cannot use that strength in an expression of power, and so they need to deadlift more. They're different exercises for training different metabolic pathways even if they're using almost identical muscles to produce the force.

Why do all the yoga and soccer mom types stare at me when I do power cleans?

Probably because you're dropping them on the ground from the rack position you faggot

>power clean
>Olympic lift

Because you look like a retard doing them in a commercial gym.

I don't drop them at all. I'm doing sub 200 lbs and anyone who drops at that low weight is a Neanderthal

I didn't mean they were AS effective as Deadlifts. I meant they are effective at what they need to do at a lower weight.

Are you the same planet fitness shitskin who was whining in the last thread because some Chad came in and started snatching 400 lbs and the noise hurt your precious ears?

Redpill me on Olympic lifts. They seem fun but what are the benefits to doing them? Anyone got a routine that includes them?

SS includes power cleans. If you want a traditional bodybuilders or powerlifting program that can add them, 531 will work

NOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK BRO
YOU CANT MAKE NOISE AT THE GYM WHAT THE FUCK
I CAME HERE TO USE THE MACHINES WITH MY EARBUDS IN AND YOURE HURTING MY EARS
FUCKING GYM JANNIES DO SOMETHING

Attached: 1565893443419.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

The only person I see doing olympic lifts is this one obese manlet who will do 10 sets of power snatch at 50kg and never increases the weight or does any other workout

>not wearing earplugs in gym

Any programs that are good for people coming off 5x5?

am I broken if I cant get my wrists to bend that far back?

Just work on your mobility, bro

Can't go to 531 or just simply add two power clean workouts to 5x5?

Shit is good cardio

This is what you'll end up looking like if you do Olympic weightlifting

Attached: FOREIGN201409261946000548126363309.jpg (744x900, 64K)

Looks like a champion to me.

youre a pussy go do some curls