Alan is strong for sure but why does he still look like a DYEL?

Alan is strong for sure but why does he still look like a DYEL?
Is this the fate of powerlifters? To just look fat when in public?

Attached: file.png (1269x676, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J9OC_h7--Ow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>s this the fate of powerlifters?
Maybe for lifters in the heaviest weight classes. Any good powerlifter will spend enough time doing hypertrophy blocks and will look jacked while lifting heavy

Who would have thought that eating 5000-10000 calories a day would top out your ability to build muscle, long before you are done shoveling shit into your mouth for the day?

He is now pretty lean compared to before, though.

>top out your ability to build muscle
I don't think that's what's happening at all, and I think you're going into dietary bro-science territory mate. Are you vegan too by chance?

>Alan is strong for sure but why does he still look like a DYEL?
maybe he doesn't use steroids

He looks more regular dyel than fat. But maybe you were just speaking about powerlifters in general.

Fuck outta here there's plenty of guys I know who dont roid and even with baggy clothing you can tell they're huge

If I saw him on the street I'd throw him a quarter.

'don't overeat on a bulk or you will put on too much fat' is accepted as general fitness wisdom

How old are you?

"just fast you fat faggot" is also accepted as general health wisdom

I'm sorry I don't see what your point is here. Eating too much makes you gain weight (there is a point in too large a surplus where all the weight is fat), and not eating makes you lose weight? You just want to argue or something?

Right but it doesn't "top out" your muscle production.
I don't disagree with that guy but he's not me

yes. My best competition lifts were a 524 squat, 545 deadlift, and a 275 bench press with minimal arch. This was in the 83kg weight class.
I still look average.

Damn dude.
So if I want to be strong AND look strong I also have to add gay machines and dumbbell exercises?
I only enjoy powerlifting, fuck

my honest opinion? I think arms and shoulders are a huge part to looking strong. I never bothered developing mine, hence my poverty bench. Having a strong, wide back helps give a full look to your frame. Legs are important too, but I've found that past a certain size, your legs just give a nice, stable look to the body. At that point, any more size doesn't make much a difference in aesthetics.

poverty bench will do that to you user. I am not as strong as you on squat and DL but bench 315lbs and I think I look decent. I also do a bunch of bodybuilding style exercises for shoulders and arms, maybe that is my saving grace. my legs and back are pretty big from powerlifting though...

fuck off pedo I'm 22

yeah. that's what I was saying. I think that shoulders and arms are good for looking big, and I never focused on them, which screwed me. nice dubs btw.

...you still have shoulders and arms dude, you can get to training them

exactly just put more focus on them... if you already have a strength foundation that should help...

It's true fate of natural lifters with average genetics.

in person he's a MONSTER. almost blahaesque

lmao all that weight and he looks like shit meanwhile guys squating 185 or pressing 125 look way better.

How tall is he?

google search says 6'4'' which is around 193cm
That's really tall, that would explain the unimpressive muscles

I think you misinterpreted what he meant, which is that there's a maximum amount of calories that go into the amount of muscle you build and overeating will bring you well over that maximum

Ah, well then this guy got it right you just eat to make sure your muscles are getting what they need and then fast the fat away in like the weekends or a resting week

how come you still as stupid as someone aged 11 ?

Am I stupid for saying he doesn't look strong? What's being argued here?

Why don't you bodybuilder faggots understand that it's cool to be way stronger than how you look? It's like being goku or some shit, like whoa that tiny 150lbs guy deadlifts 495lbs!

OP here and I strictly powerlift. I hate machines, I hate dumbbells, I hate cardio.

>that neckbeard
Cringed hard.

Have you seen him without a beard? He looks like a neo nazi church shooter. He wears the beard as a necessity.

based

>alan thrall

Attached: 73EC2C14-37AE-4C17-8A08-F1B2FD1F42AC.jpg (179x282, 8K)

>Alan is strong for sure
no.

>squatting 4pl8 isnt strong guys xdDDD
Kill your fucking self

For how long he's been training, it's not that strong; if we assume it takes about 3 years for somebody of average genes who doesn't train ideally (2 years might be a better guess but 3 is a conservative estimate) and he could add around 2 lbs to his squat every month (again, it'd probably be much faster than that, but conservative numbers here), he could probably hit around mid-500s to the 600s in the 10 years he's been doing this, depending on his genetic profile, especially considering he makes a living off lifting

I miss being this new. Enjoy it while you can summerdyel. Gonna recommend you complete your 3 month lurking program and check out the sticky. Don’t post further until you complete your program.

>if we assume it takes about 3 years for somebody of average genes who doesn't train ideally
Meant to add that this is to hit a 4pl8 squat, so we're talking around 150-200lbs in 7 years -- obviously not everyone is genetically predisposed to lifting so that range could vary, but I doubt his genetic profile caps him out at a 4pl8 squat

>any good powerlifter won't do powerlifting

He's tall. It's the fate of lanklets

No, it's not. Fasting is a meme. No serious athlete or bodybuilder does it.

>For how long he's been training, it's not that strong;
That's retarded. That's like saying someone who's been lifting their entire life isn't strong because they can't squat 2000 lbs. Squatting 4 plates is strong, period.

No serious bodybuilders is natty either.

>fasting is a meme
I'll leave you to your bluepills.
By the way cavemen had 3 big meals a day every day, they got them from shopping at the cave mall nearby

>cavemen were healthy and jacked
lmoa

>is this the fate of nattys?
ftfy

>assuming progress remains linear over the course of years
fuck off my board summerfag

There weren't roids.
If you mean strong and lean then yes, that they were.
Just a little history lesson for you: mankind has existed for millions of years, civilization has existed for about 5000 years.
Our bodies are still at the "keep fat storage in case there's no food for weeks" mode because evolution is slow as hell.

Stick to your bluepill though if you want

t. dyel

>if you mean strong and lean then yes they were
take a look at random african tribes if you want to see people living how we evolved. evolution promotes surviving to reproduction, not having large muscles and lifting boulders for fun. can't believe they allow mongoloids on this board.

Fasting isn't a good idea when you're lean. Those people are malnourished.
You fast when you're fat.

Fucking idiot.

Not an argument.

cole, get the fuck out of here before i skin your manlet ass alive, you're a mentally ill freak who drinks piss and eats literally shit, you are so fucked up and so convinced the bullshit you spew is correct

When there's no food available your body will consume fat.
Once fat is gone it will consume muscle, and once there's not enough muscle it will consume organs and you die.
If you're at 20% and over bodyfat you are officially FAT and need to fast, then you resume eating at around 12% bodyfat

Whatever, stick to your retarded calorie counting and no-fap tier broscience then.

I was responding to your retarded comment about cavemen being strong and lean you retard, that's why I quoted it.
>those people are malnourished
so you're saying that living like a caveman isn't optimal? why are you still basing your retarded theories on them then

Not an argument.

How would you go about losing fat?

Google says his known stats are
>Squat 235kg
>Bench 145 kg
>Deadlift 245kg
at 6'4" 109kg

That seems really low. I'm 6'4 105kg and felt like a dyel benching 130kgx5. for fucks sake my main fitness routine is sculling and mountain biking and I'm creeping up on this guys numbers.

Breaking up with your mom.

>When there's no food available your body will consume fat.
>Once fat is gone it will consume muscle, and once there's not enough muscle it will consume organs and you die.
Why isn't basic biology taught in schools? Jesus
>How would you go about losing fat
Eat less energy than you burn. If you want to be an athlete, eat only slightly less, so that you don't start raping your muscle proteins. It's not complicated but some people here think starving yourself would somehow be useful to modern athletes because malnourished cavemen do it.

ahahaha its actually you cole

i will fucking ruin you you 5'1 shizo cunt

>Why isn't basic biology taught in schools? Jesus
Not an argument. Explain what was wrong with that statement

You're mentally ill dude

Do you really think that you only burn fat and not protein until your fat stores are exhausted?

so what's your squat ? it better be above 405lbs because otherwise you have no business talking about progression past that point.

You can't build muscle on a fast, but why would you want to do that?
You build muscle on a bulk, you lose fat on a fast. When fasting you either don't train at all or you train with less weight on the bar.

Fasting is extremely muscle sparing, you just can't build muscle during it

Never said that, I'm talking going from novice to intermediate in 3 years (for example, year 1: 95 -> 225, year 2: 225 -> 365, year 3: 365 -> 405), after which one may start switching to advanced monthly training (year 4 might only have him go from 405 to 430), where you might only put on a pound or two a month, which would still lead to, at the very least, the high 400s after 10 years if he's training properly
Either Alan is an eternal intermediate (which is sad if he's making a career off lifting) and could push himself much harder to become truly strong for his genetic profile, or he truly is at an advanced phase and he just has truly awful genes

mind posting your body ? really wondering how you would stack up compared to Alan.

BTFO

> be a marine
> hate it
> get out
> rebel by looking homeless
> you now look dyel
> be sleeper strong

I did 495 for a double on Wednesday. You?

My max is 440lbs, mind sharing webm of your lift ?

All these fucking kids getting jewed for food and protein powder thinking not eating for three days will kill them, lmao you are NEVER going to make it

>Fasting is extremely muscle sparing
Lmao stop posting you dumbass

Stay bluepilled and addicted, drone

>i-if you trust science and obvious evidence then you're bluepilled, trust youtube celebrities instead!!
so much for no child left behind

>jew indoctrination is science
yes yes keep eating those carbs and that powder you need them
drink that coffee too! It's great for the brain!

There are videos on YouTube where he squats over 500lbs and deadlifts 600lbs. He’s strong. That’s strong.

He's under 6'4, I think I remember him saying he's 6'2 or 6'3.

Welcome to your first 6 months of lifting.

Let me chime in as a tall person:
what is odd about Thrall's stats is that he doesn't have strengths and weaknesses that are explainable due to body proportions.
It's not like he has orangutang long arms that curse him with a 315lb bench and bless him with a 675lb deadlift. He's just unremarkable and 2nd string college freshmen football players are outlifting him.

>O-oh shit I can't argue about the facts because I have no idea what I'm talking about
>I'll call the entire pursuit of knowledge about metabolism Jewish!!
good one mate

Nah I didn’t video it.

Corporations can't make money on fasting, of course they'll never say that it's healthy as fuck and is THE way to be healthy.
It's either they tell you the truth or keep their jobs, what do you think they're gonna do?

>still no facts about the actual biochemistry or mechanisms
>just blathering about muh corporations
not sure what I expected

Excess calories are stored as fat for the exact reason of being there in case there's nothing to eat. Therefore the best way to burn through those reserves is not eating.

Are you 12? Talk to me about proteolysis and gluconeogenesis and then we can have a discussion. If you're gonna give me zingers and conspiracy theories I'm out

I don't care about convincing you dude, I'm posting the important bits that I remember so people with high enough IQ to question themselves can do their own research and improve their lives.

Maybe it is the lifts he focuses on? I see a lot more of him squatting and shoulder pressing than I do of him doing anything else. He lower body is definitely pretty big and if you see him in shorts, nobody is going to assume he doesn't work out. Also, who really gives a shit. He seems like a decent enough guy. His videos are decent. He doesn't have a pro bodybuilder's physique.

He is a serious bodybuilder or pro athlete, you fucking dunce?

post videos or pictures of people squatting with 185 that have better legs.

>Also, who really gives a shit
It's not about him, I have nothing against Alan and I wish him the best just like I do for every normal human being.
It's about seeing the results of something that I am doing right now. Though I'm 181cm and he's 193cm so I'm a bit comforted that my muscles should look bigger once I hit the big numbers

yeah he needs some niggery face tattoos

>181cm
Quit reading right there.

Attached: 874C4863-6617-4B46-835C-6E65326C833E.jpg (800x600, 67K)

He shouldn't be a fitness personality at his strength.
Anyone over 6'1 should be able to have better stats than him at 90-110kg if that's their main passion. This 90kg 6'2 javelin thrower is benching 200kg with a lot of bounce
youtu.be/J9OC_h7--Ow
but I bet he could pause bench 165kg without any issues...way more than Thrall.
I'd bet that most D2 track and field competitors and most decent 6A high school football players are outlifting thrall.

He isn't in high school anymore. He probably enjoys the process of lifting more than seeing his numbers grow. He probably doesn't really give a shit how much weight he is pushing at this point in his life.

Also, on the passion bit, it is more than a passion for him. It is how he provides for his family. Take the faggot advice of "turning your passion into your career" and see how long it truly stays your passion. IE - go look at your average car enthusiast turned mechanic's car. It will be a giant fucking shitbox. Go from enjoying to code as a hobby to doing it all day every day and let me know how much code you write when you aren't at work.

Dairyland spotted