Those who have given up coffee - did you notice any differences in your alertness over time?

Those who have given up coffee - did you notice any differences in your alertness over time?
Did it improve your sleep?
Would you go back to it?

I'm considering removing caffeine consumption to potentially help with my skin and aging, as the last step in a very healthy lifestyle. Would it have any effect?

Attached: standard black coffee.jpg (1280x868, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0YUnPd1NVzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Caffeine is good for performance / weight lifting. Watch this video from eric helms

youtu.be/0YUnPd1NVzg

Attached: 1565920816517.png (225x225, 20K)

It's personal because your reaction to caffeine is determined by your CYP1A2 gene, but for me, cutting back to tea took my bedtime from 1AM to 9PM, and from tossing and turning for 30 minutes to instantly falling asleep.

I went back to coffee because my job performance went down, but the feeling of serenity and restedness being off it is breddy nice

Attached: 1562446539771.jpg (764x645, 58K)

No, no, and no.

The effects (and withdrawals) of caffeine are grossly exaggerated. I haven't had coffee in months, whereas I used to have several cups of coffee a day. My life is the same.

I drank a lot of coffee, quit last November. Was very tired for 2 weeks, but now I'm great. I work a manual job and do bjj 10hrs a week. I have no need for it anymore, i have great energy all day. I'm not memeing or anything, i genuinely don't need it anymore. It's great. I just drink herbal tea now because i love hot drinks

Oh and i fall asleep easy and wake up "happy". It's weird to wake up not feeling dead

Had a lot of coffee daily for 12 years. Just quit for a month, it never got better. Motivation and mood in an absolute abyss

I notice that my morning cup of coffee is often quite nice (as I'm starting work), but have one in the afternoon and after the buzz I get quite tired. Thinking of switching to green tea completely, it seems like a nicer habit to keep.

I've noticed most of my work colleagues have switched to green tea, or in one case yerba mate. Seems like acidic and aggressive than bean water

Jow Forums then: ECA STACK BRAH CMON LET'S GET SHREDDED BRAH

Jow Forums now: i-is it safe to drink a bit of coffee? :3

what happened?

oh look coffee autist made a coffee thread again

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 58K)

I'm guessing you're still taking in caffeine from other sources, possibly without realising. Try no caffeine at all, so no soda or energy drinks, no tea, no chocolate ect..

I wasn't. Back on coffee now ^_^

>Some literally who gives you his broscience opinion on caffeine
Wow great contribution

Caffeine is like anything, good in moderation. I cut my caffeine consumption in half when it started giving me panic attacks.

>literal who
Eric helms is one of the best regarding sport science you absolute dyel newfag kike. Necc urself

>Caffeine is like anything, good in moderation.

Yes, murder/rape is good in moderation. Genocide, only good in moderation. Nuclear holocaust, only good in moderation.

Dumbfuck.

I gave up all caffeine a while back (a few years) the withdrawls were insane and i had pretty much every symptom people talk about. It was really tough.

Afterwards, i didnt feel much better, but that was mostly due to the fact that my circadian rhythm was still fucked up. I drink caffeine now, even have very tiny, European tiny, cups of coffee every other day, but ive never felt better once i started to go to sleep at sundown. Hormone production is slaved to the circadian rhythm, especially adrenaline, cortisone, and melatonin (which is one of the few antioxidants that our body produces and is super good at what it does, so as a healthy lifestyle, as well as anti-aging you might want to look into this) Not only do i sleep less, but it is higher quality and i feel a bit more at peace and energetic. I dont really need caffeine any more, but if you think you will be better off without it, go ahead!

Tl;dr, I've quit and restarted caffeine (in moderation) with few problems. Managing the time i went to sleep gave me more benefits as far as overall health.

You do realize which site you're on, right? user probably thinks you are agreeing with him, lmao.

Jow Forums posters grew out of the immaterial 'aesthetic' lifestyle that killed Zyzz at 22 and instead got jobs, responsibilities, and health needs to manage. Now we care about optimising results, not what we can post on social media or how many baseless brainwashed 2019 sluts we can pork.

Fuck off you nigger. Aesthetic era chads are still on Jow Forums and we are still stealing your girl and sister you beta faggot.

Genocide is good without moderation. As for the rest, yes usually there's a point of diminishing returns

*aggressively flexes traps at you*

>job
Get a load of this wageslut

Lmao wagecuckkkkk

hahahahahahahahahahaha kys you pathetic subhuman

Damn, really hit a nerve there didn't I? How is it stuck within your 19 year old selves without a hint of growth? Even Jailbaitwarrior matured, faggots.

Yeah, Jow Forums totally grew up KEK

A couple years ago I had to spend 4 months in a third world shithole for work where the only available coffee was some instant powder variety that tasted like soap.
I spent 4 months without a drop. Nothing changed whatsoever, I might as well have been giving up bread for all the physiological and psychological effects it had.
Once I got back home, I started drinking again. And again, no positive effects from coffee. Just the pleasure of having a delicious drink to close a meal with.

Why do you make this thread 10 times a day?

I did it a week or two ago.
I would say that if you're experiencing problems, cut it out.
I did it because after the coffee wore off, I started to pass the fuck out in the evening and wake up that same day feeling like total shit. Usually I wouldn't have that problem but I guess adrenal fatigue built up.

I don't understand why people drink coffee for energy when all you need is a decent sleep schedule in a dark room and exposing your eyes to the sun at peak hour

Italian here. Giving up on coffee wasn't as hard physically as much as socially. Here in Italy - in case you wouldn't know - coffee is something you usually take with your colleagues in the morning and in the afternoon, and we have really small quantities with high content of caffeine. This obviously implies that if you've started taking coffee recently - if you're a kid becoming a teen basically - then you're gonna feel a huge boost in energy. But as you go on, and as coffee become more and more normal throughout the day, you start to notice that nothing really changes, and if you want to stop, you become the "outsider" of a group, be it with friends or colleagues on the work place. I have become that outsider though, I'm 25, have been drinking coffee daily (2-3 coffees) since I was 17, and haven't been drinking it for the last 6 months, so with this premise, I shall answer your questions.

>did you notice any differences in your alertness over time?
At start I'd feel very tired. Not really sleepy, but less aware of what I was doing, less reactive, which sucked. But after a couple months everything went back to normal, and now there's no difference between now and when I'd drink coffee.

>Did it improve your sleep?
Unexpectedly yes. I would usually sleep even 12 hours a day if I didn't put my alarm clock on, while now I can go to sleep at 1 or 2 AM and my body is gonna wake up between 8 and 9 AM no matter what, which really surprised my in a pleasant way. Also no, I don't feel tired as long ad my body wakes up by itself.

>Would you go back to it?
Maybe. The "pausa caffè" here in Italy is almost religious, so even though I'm spending less money and living better, I wouldn't exclude going back to drinking coffee because of sheer social pressure.

Hope I could help, OP.

>if you want to stop, you become the "outsider" of a group
Nigga nobody forces you to order coffee. Just drink a tea or a water bottle or whatever the fuck else.
The idea is socializing rather than drinking nigger juice like it's blood of christ. So long as you go spend 15-30m chatting with them at the vending machine or at the bar, nobody's gonna consider you an outsider or weird.

>coffee withdrawal
How much of a degenerate faggot do you have to be to drink THAT much coffee?

I think I should start coffee, pic related my blood pressure...

Attached: PSX_20190805_210317.jpg (2000x1404, 273K)