lbs? first time ever doing squats
kg? haven't and probably never will

Kilos right?

Is that 245 or 450 ?

Over 17 years now, still climbing

Maybe a month. But it's taken me 2 more months to hit 265

17 years and 3 weeks. Squat plug definitely helped

Maybe 3-4 weeks

About 6 months after touching the barbell for the first time. It was for 5 reps.

Are you fat?

Super skinny I think I started at 185

Lmao no. I started at 1pl8 weighing 155 @ 5'11

190 at 6'3

>185
>skinny
I'm 170

When I played freshman football they put 225 pounds on a bar and I squatted it. Weighed 160 pounds 5’9, background was mostly soccer.

He's probably 6'4''

>pounds

Nobody on this board squats 225kg

You're either lying or it was definitely not to depth. I train soccer players all the time and they always struggle with 1pl8 on their first day

Cope.

there are definitely a few people who can squat 225kg. definitely none in this thread though

No no I’m 5’10 I probably weighed around 140 and I meant the squat

lbs?
5x5 in about 2 months.

Last time I squatted I did 77.5kg for 5 but I'm sick of being weak. I'm going for 85 so that I can hit 90 by the end of the week

3 months in and I'm stalling at 190lbs I can probably keep adding weight but it puts it at an RPE of 8or9 or so and i want to have more control over the bar.

Just eat more.

My lifts shot the fuck up when I started eating 3100 kcals a day

not an option for fatties

>started with a 1.3x bodyweight squat
wtf

One month

youtu.be/iEDm34medfE
Reminder this fucking dude has been training for FIVE YEARS and still has never squatted or benched 100kg/225lbs
Reminder people like this make up the majority of posters on here.

Attached: 4610025-01.jpg (613x960, 289K)

>five years
No way

Why is he doing the lifts so slowly?
>100kg squat
Relatively easy
>100kg bench
Relatively hard

post body

How long did it take you to deadlift 225?

Genetics

lbs?
On my 3rd workout so 1 week. Also this was 5x5.

None of these are ATG paused so it doesn't count

who taught heim how to squat?

Attached: 1.png (412x665, 421K)

>mfw after 2 months i can only squat 40 lbs

I mean, shit, it isn't hard to hit 2pl8 squat.

The type of bodies you'll see are nothing impressive

5 weeks

4 weeks

>t. 5'10 manlet, 168 lbs weight now.

I bet you cant even hold the ATG for 30 second then rep it.

Yours doesnt count either, now.

why am I so weak

Attached: Feel.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

don't worry, user, it's not a race. just keep at it.

FUCK mark rippletits. SS's squat cues are the most cancerous shit. Alan Thrall is responsible for spreading the bullshit as well.
Reminder people pay this fucker hundreds of dollars per week to make them "squat" like this

Attached: rippetit.png (425x414, 271K)

>40lbs
>less than the weight of a bar
?

Because you arent eating big enough. Everything is in your control, user. There is nothing that is out of your reach (unless you're a manlet)

I am a manlet, also overweight

That's a squat

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. And you can always lose weight. It's all down to commitment.

I'm a manlet, too. And if I can get to 225 squat, you can too

Looks more like a good morning with bent legs

You're most likely taller than the guy in OP's pic

No, it's an abomination. You'd have to be a fuckin 2 digit IQ retard like Thrall to try to teach someone's grandma to low-bar squat chest-to-grass Layne Norton style. It's way over-complicated, and downright fucking dangerous (Should be blatantly obvious just by looking at it, but also proven by Layne's 4 back injuries). The low bar squat is not an exercise for leg development; it’s a way of doing a strength feat that allows a lifter to lift the most weight while staying within the rules for the lift.

Attached: squat-study_pisarenko.png (345x331, 118K)

By 1cm; at least he's jacked

225lb is really not much for squat.
did 1minute pause after 3 months lifting.
(I liked to solve rubiks cube while squating).

How long did it take you?

>5'8 160lbs
>Started with 185lb × 5 squat in February
>225 x 5 achieved in May
Felt good brother

Attached: download (1).jpg (422x419, 40K)

That is a sexy squat.

Fuark. I wish today was squat day.

I feel like 2pl8 squat is the point at which those who are destined to make it leave behind the NGMIs.

Why do my knees feel like they are going to explode when I am pushing off from the bottom of the squat? This has seriously hampered my progress. I just dropped weight and am going for volume now.

>30 pounds in 4 months
huh?

Is he natty?

> 175cm, 66kg

First time squat 180kg. Been doing martial arts for 25 years and mostly do kettlebells, running and quadrupedi (crawling, ZUU etc.). World record for my weight category is 253kg, so I'm pretty happy with what I can do.

Attached: 1565614678298.png (724x1138, 1.35M)

Without question, you are putting the stress on your quads too early, mainly due to inflexibility.

At the bottom of the squat up until maybe the top third, you should be relying on your glutes and hams to do the work. Drop the weight by 20% and focus on squeezing your buttcheeks and abs tight. Do daily mobility work: holding a kettlebell in a perfect tight-ab, straight-back goblet squat for one minute a time for three reps. Stretch your hamstrings (like against a doorframe: see archives) and do figure-4 stretches for possible piriformis problems.

One month of those daily stretches, and your squat will be so deep, your ballsack will dip into Hades.

I started at 154lbs and my day one squat, after some coaching from a friend, was 185lb. By the end of the next week i hit 225lb. It's not hard if you have any athletic ability at all.

Track knees over toes and work on hip activation with bands and hip thrusts.
If you're having chronic pain/tendinitis then you're going to have to take time off or seriously lighten the weight to 40-50%. You can't work through it, trust me I've tried.
youtube.com/watch?v=mAzpO_KogGA

2 months while on a diet

Getting back to lifting after a shoulder injury and I'm getting pains in my left wrist with front squats. I've reduced the weight for the mean time and working on wrist curls to get some strength back, is there anything else that could help the process? The alternate puts a bit too much pressure on my shoulder which isn't 100% yet so I'd prefer to avoid that for the time being.

everybody's on a diet

>If you're having chronic pain
I'm not, nothing about it hurts, but it just feels sketchy as hell and like there is an inordinate amount of tension on my knee.

Thanks for info though fellas. I will take your advice into consideration.

Like 10 months I guess.

You can’t beat me

How much do you ATG paused squat?

2 years for slow stable atg withot form failure. 192 lbc / 6.0

2pl8back squat isn't a lot. You just mad it took you a lot longer and realized it through this thread.

77.5kg right now. If I add 7.5kg every week then I should hit my goal of 125 in 6 weeks, which would make 3 months total

does it matter? how long it takes depends entirely on your starting point. If you are a really big guy genetically you could do it in a month, if you were born small it could take years

>years
Not unless you're completely retarded

I was taking it easy braj. I'm not stronk and I don't want to get hurt.

Attached: 1565249201618.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Don't be a pussy

Week 1

3 weeks later I’m at 260 so maybe I can hit 3 pl8 in 2 months

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 455K)

How much you weigh?

Too late. I'm already huge vagina

Attached: 1565260000443.jpg (495x362, 17K)

415 lbs (as of Friday)

>weighing 4pl8
well at least I don't feel so bad about myself now

Post all your lifts

For 1 or for 5?

Attached: woj1.jpg (228x221, 10K)

Like that is going to happen haha

reminder that if your form is not exactly like this you are not squatting:
youtube.com/watch?v=F2AnunHz9EA

...it's a squat, do people not squat form like that?

>52039869
see

One day.

2 years

That's because soccer is for gay twinks

Whats the point of having safeties that low?