How long should I jog for every day? I've been reading articles and they always recommend an hour

How long should I jog for every day? I've been reading articles and they always recommend an hour.
I don't have a problem with getting tired by that but that's shit's boring and tedious so I only do 30min.

Attached: 0.jpg (1024x683, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJyvewkI2Mc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are your goals and how do you intend to achieve them by jogging?

I laugh at joggers. A lot of these people (mostly women) get up early in the morning for no good reason just so they can run outside. No one even cares that you can run some marathon thing, you're still just some skinny dude.

With lifting you can chill for like 50% of your workout, chat with friends or whatever. And you look fitter than any of these people.

Attached: 1465948909378.jpg (256x256, 19K)

Just general health. I like jogging through my city in the morning and I keep it separate from my workout routine.

I do both tho. Also read above.

Well then just do as much as you enjoy. There's better cardio regimes for "general health" but I get them impression you wouldn't enjoy them.

Go ahead and tell me.

>I get the impression you wouldn't enjoy them
lel, what an obnoxious passively aggressive cunt
Running for 30 minutes a day is a good start. Don't become like the loser above lmao

> Doesn’t understand that cardiovascular exercise is essential for health

High-intensity training better conditions the short and medium-term energy systems while longer-distance training produces stimulus outside that of 0.5-1 hour jogs. Jogging is kind of an "unhappy" medium in that regard but it's definitely better than no cardio at all and enjoying something like that is very important to keep you doing it without some sort of external motivation (eg. conditioning for a sport).

My apologies. I didn't mean to come off like that. Compliance with any routine is critical for producing results. I figured OP jogs because he likes doing it which is better than telling him he needs to pull a sled until he vomits.

Being a roided ape is not fooling anyone but normies who don't even know what a treadmill is anyway

>general health
>lives in the city
Enjoy your pollutants and crime

I shifted to doing 80/20 running however I have likely been doing 95/5. What is a good way to add some high intensity? Run around 25 miles per week. Also did my first double yesterday so that was cool

To be honest lifting is fucking boring as shit.

I'd rather go for a run than spend 20min lifting some metal without any goal other than looking big which in reality normal people dont give a shit about.

>everyday
Say hello to injuries and goodbye to your knees.
youtube.com/watch?v=PJyvewkI2Mc
I would go for miles instead of time. Like some days you go for a mile and on other days you go for three miles.

>implying getting big is the only goal
Why are you so stupid user?

>With lifting you can chill for like 50%
Ahh so you're lazy.

>And you look fitter than any of these people.
>look
And yet you're useless doing anything athletic. Imagine that.

>A lot of these people (mostly women) get up early in the morning for no good reason just so they can run outside.

What did the human body evolve to do you fucking mong?

only 5% of runners run in the correct way to not wreck their knees, everyone else is a dumb heel striker that will wreck their knees no matter what they do anyway, whether they run every day or once a week.

Guy in that video strikes with his forefoot (properly to avoid injury) so his knees don't hurt.
This is why you see those retarded shoes with 3 inches of padding on the heel, because normies do it wrong and they try their best to avoid it, but it'll never be enough because it's just how your body works.

Go bounce on your heels and you'll feel your fucking jaw rattle
Bounce on your forefoot and you'll feel light calf pressure

Lifting is boring but fucking jogging isn't ?

aa, i see you are a BLOATMAXX chad too user

no less than 30 minutes and 5 km a day will keep you healthy, no injuries, no nothing
t. marathoner with chronic shin splints

Are you a retard? He was asking for clarification. Someone who wants to do races needs a much different plan than someone who just wants some heart health.

Based will-die-young-due-to-heart-failure Yui poster.

how long should i train to be able to run a marathon?

You might impress a girl with your muscles, but she's not going to be impressed when you're out of breath after 3 pumps.

A couple years should be enough, if you’ve already got a good foundation.

I still get like 45 minutes of daily walking in. Don't really need any extra cardio

keep telling yourself that. also lifting is fun. you keep getting stronger, look better.

I'm sprinting now occassionally. Pretty decent at it compared to the other guys

still walking for 45+ minutes every day. probably get more cardio than most people.

my endurance is fine ... I actually currently have a girl I'd like to get with. We'll see how that works out

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (988x1000, 103K)

Simple walking is not recognised as sufficient enough to count as exercise you fucking lard ass permabulker.

You need to be engaging in an activity that elevates your heart rate above normal parameters (so above 100 bpm) for a sustained period of time.

Rec me some good semi minimalist shoes.

Jogging is a shit form of cardio and will damage your body long term. Show me a jogger in their 30s/40s who isnt wearing a bunch of knee braces etc... constantly dealing with knick knack injuries.

One of the stupidest forms of exercise that boomers thought up in the 70's. Completely retarded. Pick up swimming or cycling if you want to get into cardio

I think 2 years max?, 6 months if you are already accustomed to run

Shut up hick, we all know you secretly wish you could move out of whatever shithole village you're from.

Are people in cities seriously so delusional that they think everyone wants to live there? Literally nothing about it is appealing.

>I still get like 45 minutes of daily walking in
that's not cardio, grandpa

Sounds like you've never actually lived in one. I've spent some time in both, small towns have their charm I couldn't imagine living in one now while I'm in my prime. Seems like a total waste of my potential. Maybe when I'm old and retired I'll move to the woods or something.

You sound like my mother “I get all the exercise I need tidying up around the house”

>t.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1[1].jpg (947x1000, 58K)

You have no actual response, and you call people npc's. Anyways enjoy spending the prime of your life wasting away in some small town accomplishing nothing

Attached: 1564916182183.jpg (225x225, 16K)

>my potential
Which is what? Your $18/hr IT job and striking out with 6's at the local artisanal tofu restaurant?

Uh oh we really riled em up here. Not everyone is content pissing away life in some small bumfuck village trying to get promoted to manager at the local walmart. I like to participate in life, you know try and push myself towards new things.

I understand this upsets you because you've already resigned yourself to never leaving your home town, so you try to convince yourself its better and you actually like it

Attached: 1564068994092.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Have fun paying $2500/month to a landlord because you want to be trendy. I have a fantastic job and live in probably the best school district in the state. There's a reason real adults move out of the city and into the exurbs. I'm sure dodging homeless heroin addicts and panhandlers on your way to the grocery store is fun though.

cope

Lifting you are stuck in a gym/single location for any workout.

I will say that it is fun and with a bro its even more fun but it just bores me having to do some basic motion and then wait a few minutes before doing the same thing again.

Being outside and having the freedom to go to different places and to try and get there as quick as possible is something I don't really get bored of. Track/Gym running I can understand though that shit is boring after a while.

Watch out for heroin needles bud, don't need you catching even more diseases.