Exercise for depression

Exercise constantly comes up as an option to help beat depression without the use of drugs but so far I have found it to be completely ineffective. I was already exercising a lot and while I had fallen for the bulking meme and gained a lot of fat I was still well on my way to making it before my fiancé left and I spiralled into depression. Has anyone found exercise to be a genuinely viable drug free way to beat depression or is it a lie?

I want to make it bros but I keep sliding into depression and the weight isn’t coming off anymore.

Attached: F10498AB-EA9B-4A69-8AC0-0FD548BF1D29.jpg (349x554, 27K)

Cbt worked for me. Meds didn't.

You did cardio, right? Because that's the exercise that helps, not powerbloating

Also why did your fiance left you

Focus. Put more effort into your training and up the intensity. Dont just lift, run too and run hard, whether its sprints or distance. Pick up a sport or some sort of fit hobby if that what it takes to get you moving and outside more. Eat well but only enough to ensure proper recovery, Bulking and cutting is a meme and pretty inefficient overall.

You need to get faster and stronger and thats it. everything else both physically and mentally come second to that. You can do it

What changes to your thought process genuinely worked?

Yeah and I still do cardio. 5ks are incredibly easy and I occasionally push for 10ks and 15ks with a best ever being 18.5k. I box and engage in other active hobbies yet nothing yet is helping.

I've heard cardio 3 times a week for 45 mins a session is as effective as antidepressants. I struggle more with anxiety and I personally havent found it helped me but it's worth trying I think.

Also if you're isolated that's really bad. Cardio isn't going to just fix that. I'd suggest therapy aswell. Find a therapist you like to talk with. It can do wonders.

Asking a girl out to failure.

To make a long story short she had a mental breakdown and left me for the guy giving her weed to self medicate

epic

Worked for me. Depression- gone.

I can get girls I just can’t maintain anything because I keep thinking about my ex and fall back further into depression

Well, quit doing that ya nonce

Nice. I've been reading a bit about Albert Ellis and rational-emotive therapy. Sounds like just the kind of commonsense stuff I need
>How to Stubbornly Refuse to Make Yourself Miserable About Anything
sample book title

Exercise has helped me a ton, especially getting into a strength sport I compete in, but nothing has been as helpful as therapy

I never found it to be a cure, but lifting weights always was a nice way to relieve stress and have a couple hours in the day that I genuinely enjoy. What actually helped my depression was putting the work ethic I had in the gym, into other aspects of life. Seeing the results of hard work in multiple aspects of life (not just the gym) come together is what improved my mood and mental well being

C-cock and ball t-torture?

The gym is the foundation to building a happy life not the reason for being happy. Also eating too much is going to create depression becauase it makes you lethargic

that's some top tier bullshit but you have to take a step back and realize it's better for you this way. she would have ended up selling her butthole for drugs anyways.

Good luck.
It worked for me.
Getting mires from young atractive females helped too.

exercise and diet is only part of the solution.
you're not actually addressing the root issue of your depression.
take an objective look at your life and try to figure out what it is that is making you unhappy.