Is this a good investment?

Attached: 71F26BC7-8077-4154-A5A5-FABCA8D9CA08.jpg (1024x1024, 116K)

>sit on your ass for 4 years
>get free gyms with personal trainers
>free school after

If you can stand the 1.5 year wait list its easy living.

Care to be more specific?

fuck no. but i guess if you're going to eat a shit sandwich to appease the Jew, then I guess the air force would be the best tasting shit sandwich...

All I know is that if you're going to join the military, the airforce is the best in terms of quality of work/time spent in service and applicable skills/qualifications transferable to civilian world. Navy is also good for this.

>applicable skills/qualifications transferable to civilian world
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Quit being a faggot and talk to the special warfare recruiter. In 1C2X1 pipeline right now ask me anything.

Already have and plan to leave for BMT next month faggot. How did you like BMT?

>In 1C2X1 pipeline
Then who are you to possible give any advice?

Found the edgy NEET jew

Don't listen to this faggot. As long as you are careful and deliberate about what you pursue you will be able to transfer what you learn to civilian life. Don't be a dumbass who gets talked into maintaining gun bay doors expecting a job afterwards working on civilian aircraft.

I bet there's so much you could teach the class being pipeline and all, when do you plan to washout?

Get a real job you lazy nigger.
>I need state daddy to tell me what to do with my life
Jesus Christ, sort it out yourself, nigger. We're not in world war 3, there is not fucking reason to join.

Attached: die-for-israel1.jpg (247x312, 24K)

Easiest shit you’ll do. Just get it over with and get to SW prep

Look it’s a cancer faggot coping pog, not all of us are made of glass kid, go rig my parachute

Is that pretty much the same thing as SF selection I'm guessing? You get trained for months for special ops and if you fail you just become a regular infantryman failure? Armyfag here, pretty funny if it is I love when people who have been in less than half a year try to give advice.

Yeah you haven't even done ATC yet.

Yup. You do basic, go through indoc and then actual training. Don't know what the standard is anymore but 2 progress fails and you get sent to whatever field needs manning.

No, when you wash out you get reclassed depending on needs of the Air Force. There is no infantry in the Air Force you fucking LARPing mongoloid

Indoc hasn’t existed for months kys

it used to be good. my father in law was a pilot for the airforce for 10 years, and then walked into a $250k a year job with a large carrier aged 32. and this was 20 years ago.
i think you're fucked these days though

Im putting it in Army terms I know there's no infantry in the Air force. When you wash out at 18X SF selection in the Army you get put in the army as a regular 11B.

Well that's news. I remember they we're talking about changing that for years but just assumed they never would. They keep it for PJ at least?

Since when? 18x gets reclassed based on needs of the army you aren’t guaranteed infantry if you quit.

Since at least I've been in so 2014, you go through all of infantry osut then go to the special shit after so if you fail its a quick plug in to 11B. I know other jobs if you fail its reclass on the needs of the army like all of the S2 shit and EOD though.

Are you gonna be enlisted or an officer? im considering officer and i wanna fuck air force chicks

They’re changing it to be more broad, as in you don’t pick your SW job until you get to the 8 week prep. Indoc in general is gone it’s Assessment and selection now

As long as you don't get stuck at E-3 or if you get married.
The advancement rate in the AF is garbage and you can reach high year tenure before ever leaving E-3 (which is an automatic rate based on time in service).

Fuck an enlisted as an officer and have fun getting terminated.
Interesting. Wonder how long they'll stick with that.

t. went into infantry because I thought I would look cool

>world war 3 is a good reason to join

lol enjoy dying while I have get a free PhD

its like being in a super sweet union. Although it is almost all super boring tradesman like work as well.

>wherever needs manning
security forces.

no you don't
They are ugly as fuck. 1 in 5 is 7/10 and 1 in 15 is 8/10 from there its basically none at all. Most hot girls have rich husbands to take care of them.

if you dont make it to e-4 by 36 months you are an absolute retard.

>every quota is the same
Okay then keep larping.

Been in 8 years here. It's alright. Don't make it out to be more than it is, and don't let the butthurt retards acting like you're only supposed to join the super tough badass branches get to you and you'll be fine.

>disqualified from all branches because the MEPS nurse said she heard a heart murmur that a half dozen cardiologists say doesn't exist

Guess it's the foreign legion, if they'll have me.

Attached: 1558550623848.jpg (800x524, 227K)

>and you can reach high year tenure before ever leaving E-3

You have to get in legit trouble to not promote to E-4. It's automatic at 28/36 months depending on the length of contract you sign.

Advancement generally is slower than other branches. I'm at 8 years about to put on E-6 and only missed one opportunity to promote.

For Air Force, yes, every quota is the same.

No. Gold is a good investment. College is sometimes a good investment. Property less so. Buying apple stocks just after release is a bad investment. Buying niggers as slaves to calculate bitcoin hashes by hand is a fucking terrible investment but selling your soul to the government is even worse.
Don't do it. Get a job. Get a family. Get a life.

Attached: 1565833774930.png (400x301, 126K)

I’ll take those odds desu

O-1 here. It's pretty great desu but I can't speak for the enlisted side. Money is nice, I get great exercise every day, and I've met a lot of incredible people here.

I went to Air Force right out of high school. They paid for me to get my masters in business administration and to become proficient in many different coding languages. When I left after 25 years, I became a project manager in dc and do work around here. I make a lot.

OP, you get what you put in. If you want an education and to learn and to be the best, they’ll pay for you to do it.

If you're enlisting then yes, AF is best. If officer then join the Navy and be top gun.

My dad flew F-16s for 20 years.
Now he flies for Delta making about $250k while collecting his $40k retirement from AF while not having to pay for health insurance.

>40+ year old on Jow Forums

go home gramps

France actually still has a secret colonial empire in western Africa where they do a lot of fighting, so the legion might not be a bad deal if you want to march around and get shot at in 3rd world countries.

Yes.

>Kush job
>5 hrs a week to go to the gym during work hours
>Don't get a DUI and you're ahead of 70% of people
>Free health care
>Free food
>Free house

this happened to me and I went to get an EKG and echocardiogram from a doc who said everything was totally fucking normal and everything got cleared up a few weeks later

Falling for the gold meme lmao

You think anyone would give a shit about your gold when the dollar collapses? Buy ammo instead those will be worth 100x their weight in food

why is everyone in the AF in such shit shape if they get 5 hrs/week off work to workout? tf?

The problem is in recent years, basically since the attempted putsch in 1961, they've been steadily cutting the size of the legion. Right now it's like 2000 guys, and they get 10,000 applicants a year. You have to be the best to even be considered, and that's before their complicated system of national priorities and age and experience calculations come in. There are tons of stories about recently demobilized Rangers or SAS getting rejected immediately, but 120 pound Tunisians who can barely read and fail the running tests still get sent to Castelnaudary.

I'm still gonna give it a shot, but I know that just another American washout isn't gonna have great chances.

Attached: 1484345565991.jpg (1280x1594, 549K)

People say they are going and then go home and drink instead.

damn it’s like the normal american is a lazy piece of shit

My recruiter fucked up and immediately sent my packet straight to USAREC, and it was rejected by the surgeon general or whoever is the final authority on waivers. Now no matter how much documentation I get, or how many senatorial offices are filing appeals on my behalf, it's bureaucratically impossible to get my case reviewed.

Attached: bYgN55xPNQWUy9xzKwA9pVbGxeE.jpg (1800x1012, 95K)

>t. dirtbag Airman

Bro they literally give e4 away

How bad did you fuck up

I assume the shrinking size of the legion is because France is broke. I can't imagine they're still butthurt about the putch.

I've read they aren't crazy about American recruits because they assume Americans are spoiled and will desert once the novelty wears off. They apparently prefer recruits from poor countries because they reason those guys have nothing to go back to.

Yuh, but make sure you have the recruiter guarantee you a job.

As a civilian you get at least 30 hours a week to work out. Why are normal people so unfit?

Yeah, I think I've got a pretty good case for why I have no interest in ever going back to America. Otherwise I wouldn't bother competing to wash my laundry in the sink with a bunch of rapist slavs.

Navy Officer here, shit’s great. We get scheduled time in our already short work days explicitly for weight training. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

Do you know any Marine Officers? How much does their life differ from yours generally?

You can suck some billionaires dick, would be much better investment and much less shameful.

Yeah I know a lot actually, work with them every day right now. I’m in aviation so their schedule is actually the same as mine for the time being. They’re just like us but in way better shape.

fuck off boomer

so are you a flyboy or you just work near planes?

AF E5 2A(aircraft maintenance) here. Our schedules are far different from the typical air Force nonner job. About to get out from first enlistment, will answer any questions.

isn't PhD free anyways?

Naval officer reporting in. Airforce is pretty neat, just pray you get to come here to JBPHH!

as a NEET you get 168 hours a week to workout. Why is every NEET in such shit shape?

I work on an AFB as a civilian. I feel bad for the lieutenants. With cost cutting, etc. going on lieutenants have to clean the bathrooms and mop the floors, etc. and clean up office/civilian trash because they can't afford to get cleaning companies on contract anymore. However, if you can get past being a lieutenant and become a captain, you might have it made. Protip, get into program management/acquisitions. Perfect transferable skill back to being a civilian or you could pop over to a defense contractor. Getting your PMP will also help during your time in acquisitions. If you don't get your PMP before you leave service you'd be dumb. Just look up the salary for it. Also, the Air Force provides tons of classes to help you learn and study. Some offices I hear even pay the $500 for you to take the PMP.

Anyways, just my two cents. I never joined, I went the college route and got a masters and ended up in the same shithole as a lot of airmen just making a bit more money with a lot more free time.

Attached: 1555618330729.jpg (500x378, 48K)

When did you realize you have the big gay?

Aviation scheduling is skate as fuck. If our planes aren’t in the sky, it’s pretty much a day off.

Active duty air force pilot here. Joining the AF is a much much better choice than joining any other branch.

LTs are cleaning bathrooms? I've literally never heard of this. Why aren't the airmen doing it?

Junior Marines do it in the Marine Corps. Lt’s just hold formations and shit.

Take a look at some of the Aviation Careers available in the Army. One of the nice parts of the Army is being able to pick the specific job you want instead of being told what job is needed to be filled.
If you want to fly look up WOFT. You can literally be selected as a pilot with a highschool diploma. Keep in mind though that it is competitive to be selected and people with 4+ years of college are typically the only ones picked.
I am working on a 4 year degree currently, I am a 15W with 1 year of experience with the intention of applying for WOFT. (UAV Operator - Grey Eagle)

He probably works at a base where there's barely any enlisted, plus LTs are just privates with a degree they aren't really useful.

Marry an officer

how far are you into the pipeline? my retraining window opens up next month and already have everything lined up to go TACP.

This. An LT at a headquarters base is the coffee boy

Coast Guard enlisted here. Air Force is probably the most conducive for gains.

AF 3D0X2 E-3

fuck the comm career fields. too many autistic faggots with zero social skills. i've encountered the most concentrated number of pathological liars in the air force. majority of people i've encountered are idiots, some are cool though.

retraining into CCT in 3 months.

Fix the god damn share drive. It's always down.

This guy explained it. The only enlisted I see on the reg are those in secretary/admin roles or MPs guarding the gate.

Which base?

You get to select the job you want if you’re reclassed

>gold
Not even Jow Forums fags fall for this boomer meme

I feel like I need some excitement in my life and want to be the first in my family since my grandpa to serve, but I’m in already in a masters program and will probably go on to get my PhD. I’m 22 and wondering if there’s anyway to become some kind of officer (since I already have an education) or would I be wasting my time. It’s a degree in geology so I have skills that could be useful (GIS/mapping). I also already have an interest in piloting if that’s relevant. Thanks user

Oof. One problem buddy, the pussy situation will suck. Timing wise. But hey man some people do just fine so who knows.

Sort of. Needs of the air force trumps all.

Pilot here that joined after getting a masters with a very similar degree. Yes it's possible.

I knew a guy with a B.S. in cartography or some shit who went and became an officer. DESU its not a bad skill for an infantry officer.

Flyboy, but NFO so I fly but just sit in the back and try to sound cool on the radio
Hell yeah it is

Hell yea what branch are you in? Also did you join as an officer?

Excellent! What branch was he in? Or does it not really matter?

I cleaned as a JO, not because I had to but because I hated other officers that were lazy and didn't really mean, "I wouldn't ask you to do something I wouldn't do myself." Bitch, sweep your own p-way.

He was a Marine but the other branches wouldn't have any trouble finding a place for you.

I'd go officer if they let me pick my first duty station. Who the fuck wants to go to Norfolk, VA when you could go to freaking Hawaii?