How do long distance relationship work?

How do long distance relationship work?

Attached: 1555280548343.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/_rerorero_
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do long distance relationship work?
They don't.

They don't. Been in one for 5 years. First thing they wanna do when you meet is to fuck.

For the most part, they don't. They definitely won't last more than 6 months, and that's being optimistic. If you have a clear plan to meet up and have one party move in with the other, it might work, but you need physical contact or you're both just going to be lonely as fuck and break up.

how is that a bad thing orginality

They don't.
Had about 3 or 4 of them, none of them worked out.

I had one but I was too ugly to send more than 1 picture so I ended it after 1 month

My LDR has presently lasted since the 16th of April 2018.

Internationally, it almost definitely won't work unless you're willing to fly. I met my partner in October that year.

It just requires more effort than an ordinary relationship. Many aren't fit for them

I'd say failure rate is proportional to the distance

I give her my time, spend years chatting with her. Then instead of having a good time and wander around & talk; she gets all horny and wants to have sex. While totally getting out of our planned route.

They ALWAYS end because of the woman

fpbp desu
/thread

What if it's 2 LARPing guys though?

I don't know. It just seems to me that you are a gigantic faggot. That's all.

is like 5000 miles too far? ;-;

Sounds like you're an autist, user. An actual
Will probably fail, especially if you're neets and can't meet any time soon

In what country do you live? And them?

No Anons. I spend some time doing plans. She was from another country. She knew about the plans and still tried to fuck up. Then she get mad I didn't fucked her and acted cold. I ghosted her later.
It kinda felt bad tho. My body was instinctively opening the chat app and almost sending her stuff.

i'm in the US, they're in great Britain. we're both poorfag neets and i wonder sometimes if our only chance to be together properly is with a sham wedding

>different continent
>neets
There is literally 0 chance you two will ever be together.

Well that's what I mean. Actual autistics have a very difficult time deviating from a set plan. Nothing to be ashamed of. A normal person would've just fugged and then made a dynamic plan change based off the atmosphere, especially if it's your gf.

Been in an international ldr for a little over 2 years, what's worse is that our countries are absolutely not on good terms with one another. We have met 3 times, all 3 times she flew to my hemisphere and we met in a third country because /novisa/. Currently in immigration process because it is goddamn heart breaking every time we ride to the airport with one of us having to watch the other board the plane and fly away while the other sits alone in the terminal waiting for our flight

Sorry to disspoint you user, but it will most likely not work out, being in different countries, and which is worse being both neet is bad, unless you or them start working or something to visit each other or planning something out. Thats why I always say at least try with someone in your same continent at least, flighs are cheaper and its easier to move. but good luck, you never know tho.

Well, I don't care anymore. I'm taking a break from girls and going full MGTOW

Very based, although, using the MGTOW label is cringe and unbased

>she's being a human
>it's bad
Get out of here Zuck, we aren't you tests subjects

I'll try to not use it. Its just a way of expressing my mentality in a short way.
>being mindless horny creature which thinks by her hormones after acting intellectual for years

The the same as any other relationship. You have to put in work, communicate effectively, and trust each other. I would say it's more common for the trust aspect to be harder in an LDR and if you're codependent it will be more of an immediately noticeable strain. If you're someone who /needs/ physicality it isn't for you. Realistically you should at least have plans to meet up if you want it to be a serious commitment.

Anyone who says it's a meme probably got burned in the past but consider that half of ALL relationships are memes. Being physically close with someone does not prevent them from being fake and wearing a mask at all. It's still possible to make an LDR work.

Attached: 062FD076-8E59-4D45-826C-F23ABEF30683.jpg (674x630, 169K)

Unironically this. Consider your LDR dead on arrival if she's from another continent. If you are in the same continent, the success rate is inversely proportional to the distance, among another factors that affect it. You can luck out and find out the right one, who falls hard for you, willing to wait for you and everything, or you could also have less luck, and find one who ghosts/cucks you after she gets bored of you, or finds someone better.

it ends on whoever acts the most like a female

Commitment, scheduling, communication, and a fuck ton of trust and effort.

Most times ldr fail because the people in them treat them like they would a normal relationship. They're not. Both people have to bust their asses for them, and each person has to be a constant fixture in the other's life. However, money, like with any other relationship, is important as well, as you need to be visiting each other on a regular basis, with the frequency of meetings increasing the close you become.
LDR are significantly harder than regular relationships. Both parties need to be giving 110% to it. If one person doesn't, it fails. That being said, when you succeed, you win big, as you've set a rock solid foundation for your continued relationship once you take the leap and move in together.

Why is the distance so important? You get to a point where no matter what there is a plane involved in meeting your partner. I live in a geographically large country where it can take days to drive across the country. It takes a week to go from Moscow to Vladivostok by train. By same chance, it takes only 12 hours to fly from Moscow to New York. The only effect distance has is a time zone

You will end up getting anal zex

>after years of planning and desiring to be with you, you meet up
>her, being so starved of and desiring your physical attention for so long, she wants to commit the peak act of physical contact, sex itself
>you being the gigantic autistic faggot you are, you sperg over this and ghost her
It was doomed to never work, but it wasn't because of her. It was because of you and your autism.

You need to show her (him) your boitwat

It varies a lot depending on the parties themselves. One of those things is that travel becomes more expensive the larger the distance. Maybe one or both of the parties are poorfags and they have to save up, which is an important money sink, depending on the economical situation of the person. Maybe one of the parties starts doubting or regreting what they are doing when they take into account the resources the are pouring into making the relationship work. This is only one more factor of the incountable number of factors there are. It is also general consensus that the more time that passes between meeting online and meeting IRL, the higher chances of failure there are.

She could've said that beforehand and I could plan according to that. Or we could do it the next day (she was here for 2 days) but no. She went all horny. I refuse to have sex with someone who can't control her impulses.

You mean you don't find the idea of a girl all but sexually assaulting you hot? Being so eager that she can't help but jump on top of you and beg for you to fuck her? Yep. You definitely have autism, or you're just a huge prude. Maybe both. I'll pray for you, user-kun.

So you met and assumed there would be no sex? Is sex something you need write into your schedule to be able to do it? Holy shit, you are an actual autismo. I refuse to believe there's someone this autistic.

I'm from a tiny country in Europe and pretty lonely because I don't feel like I can relate to anyone I know. I don't want to get I to a LDR but I feel like I'll have to eventually because finding anyone from or close to where I'm from on here is pretty much impossible. Maybe I'll just import a girlfriend.

Attached: 1555939647927.png (732x763, 388K)

Idk user I've never been into that stuff. I don't have fantasies or something.
Also I'm just your regular INTP with aphantasia so I can't even imagine. But thanks for praying for me. I'll pray for your kind soul user.
Why would I assume there would be sex?
And yes. When she's from another country and you want to show her stuff you need to write it. I thought maybe I'll take her virginity if she wants that much next day but actually I didn't wanted to deal with blood and stuff.
Also I've had both girls and boys overseas come visit me and I never thought about sex.

One of my best friends is in one, they see eachother like 3 times a year and its working, but no way I'd do it

If you manage to find someone in Europe, you pretty much have it easy mode.

The more I read your posts, the more I realize how autistic you actually are. I am genuinely interested, are you a girl or a guy? ever diagnosed with any mental disorder/illness?

Ok sure, but not all of us are poor. Really the airline fee is not the biggest expense, it is the hotel. So if we can assume money is not an obstacle I do not see how the distance affects it. To fly over the ocean round trip is only 1000 USD.

I'm a guy. 19. 171cm. Pretty feminine body. Been on Jow Forums for last 7 years which fucked me mentally and ruined my sleep cycle so I became a manlet. Probably damaged my brain too.
I don't have any mental disases. I just can't understand the world, human emotions like greed and hatred... I'm basically real life Gondola. I still didn't figured out what life is and what am I supposed to do. Zero ambitions. But I started taking photos recently.
Also I was always the shortest boy around so that kinda fucked me up. I can never see myself as a grown up because of that.

Attached: 1451077860748_0.png (343x543, 3K)

You just text and call and stuff. Me and my girlfriend were long distance for about 3 months while we both returned to our own countries for a bit and then figured out how to get her to my country. It was really hard for her and I also got lonely without being able to cuddle her, but I think in the end it made our relationship stronger. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I did see her for a week near the middle as well, that helped.

They don't
t. My experience

Also I rarely upload stuff to this account. Are they look autistic? People I know irl said they are bad but I hoped they are joking
instagram.com/_rerorero_

Managing to find the right one is tough, even though I would have the means to bring them over and have them live with me without having to do or spend much themselves.
I just want to find the right one..

Attached: 1555965529396.jpg (714x720, 109K)

I won't say I'm an authority on one because that sounds stupid, but I've been in one for a lot longer than most people have due to circumstances.
For details, we live on separate continents (US and EU), and we've been "dating" for a few years now.

We talked online normally, she developed a crush on me, and I went along with it, due to developing similar feelings. I say similar for good reason here. I am a man who suffered great heartbreak once, and lost any and all desire to be with someone. It's not that I don't still want it on some level, I just don't see it being able to happen, so I've been able to observe this from a detached perspective.
Intimacy is achievable through voice conversations, and webcamming. It's not nearly as satisfying as physical contact, but it's doable. When focusing on the person while masturbating the bonding hormones work to a lesser degree, but they still work. So you can be "properly" bonded to them, feel lonely when you're unable to talk to them, feel jealous when they're talking to someone else "the same way they talk to you", i.e. since you talk often over text you can get jealous when they talk to someone else over text, even if that person is, like yourself, on a different continent with little chance of anything happening.
Meeting up is a hassle if your schedules don't match. I had planned to visit earlier this year but she didn't want me to, I think she was sick or something, i forget. but besides the distance leading to increased cost, what people don't really understand is the effect time zones have on being able to talk to someone. I pretty much go to sleep when she wakes up, so at best I am able to talk to her during an 8 hour period. But that 8 hour period is during high noon for me, so if i have any errands, it eats up the time or just throws me out of my daily routine. 1/2

Thank you random user who followed me. A nice gift before I sleep

Attached: 1550949582218.png (786x618, 43K)

2/2 (people should really pre write their posts in notepad or something).

There hasn't been any lewd at all now for maybe half a year, and we don't voice often anymore. While personally I don't feel wanted as a result, I'm long since used to these things because of depression.
When I hear her say things like how she desires physical affection, my first thought is to simply break up with her so that she can find someone else. I was helping her through some pretty major health problems until now, but after finally getting things (mostly) resolved, I think she's in a position in her life where she's able to finally stand on her own. She's away from her abusive mother, she has a source of income, she's no longer actively suicidal, and she (mostly) has health issues under control.
The reason I got involved with her was love, and that love became romantic after a while, sure, but I'm not of the mind that the love I feel for her would be best expressed by letting her find someone else. For the greek buffs, agape became a bit of eros and philia, the eros has faded, I question the philia, the agape wants to allow her to again experience eros and philia. Someone who still has the fire of life within them would be best for her.

So, to answer your question, OP, what do you mean by "work?" If it's merely "end up together", most relationships end by sheer mathematical understanding. If most people "date" 2 people, then right there the average relationship "works" 50% of the time. If by "work" you mean a relationship that, like a friendship, lasts as long as it's wanted by both parties, then yes, they "work" as long as the people involved want them to. Universally acknowledg as difficult though.

basically orbit each other for a few months, then it usually devolves to a one sided thing, and dies out. But I've seen online friends actually stay with their e-bf/gf and make it IRL. Bless them for actually winning. It's still a pretty rare occurrence.

very complicated.
Had one for about a year (about 500 miles distance) and when we met up everything we did was just having sex and lying in bed for a week end straight.

Bump bc kinda informative thread

I'm in one now. Two things are necessary as a bottom line. The desire and the ability to meet in person. You have to go in with the intention of eventually being together full time irl, and some reasonable ability to make that happen. If you're a college kid, a neet, or living on the other side of the world for example it can be doomed from the start. A good rule of thumb for me is that they should be within a few hours drive. There's about 250 miles between us but we meet somewhere in the middle about once a month. It's international which makes things more difficult but we're each moving to our respective sides of the border at the end of the year and then working on moving one of us over to the other.

In line with this, you must constantly escalate. Don't just chat in text forever, that's doom. Swap selfies, lots of them to get a good look. Chat on voice, then video. Visit, move in, get married. It absolutely can work, you just have to want it. For some people it's the best kind of relationship, because it expands your horizons. You're no longer limited to searching from the local population, you can find a perfect partner from a much larger area. To me, it's worth the extra effort to find that one special person.

They only work if

1. There's a very good reason (generally to do with making money)
2. You travel to visit regularly (minimum once a month)
3. There's a clear end date

This, threads over fags

They don't work, okie.