I'm trying to improve the amount of preformed Vit A (retinol) and i know that beef liver is a good choice that provides...

I'm trying to improve the amount of preformed Vit A (retinol) and i know that beef liver is a good choice that provides a ton of other nutritents as well in a small serving, however my grocery store only sells it by the pound and it wont last long in the fridge, I basically have 2 days to eat a pound of it, so what I'm wondering is if it's safe to consume that much beef liver but only buy 1lb a week and not get much else preformed vitamin A for the rest of the week. I don't want to have vit a toxicity so i figured just eating a lot but then having 5 days to recover should be okay.

Attached: beef-liver_139619067.jpg (802x534, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3655980
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's kinda high for beef lover, maybe get it every other week?

I go through a 1lb tub of chicken livers per week but those have less vit. A

yeah im thinking every other week might be a good idea, from what I have read it seems like Vitamin A stays in your body for a long time and that is why it can be dangerous to eat too much, but I can't figure out if this also means that eating a lot of Vitamin A in a short amount of time and then having none for a while is nutritionally and health wise the same as eating a lower amount every single day. Like can i just stock up on vit a in my body and then just ignore it for a while or is that going to lead to a deffiency?

How do I eat that shit?

t. Amerilard who has never ate organ meat

Are you doing this for skin gains? Retin-a can be bought relativelt cheap on the clearnet.

Copper toxicity is the problem, not Vit A.

no my skin is fine I just track my food and myfitnesspal tells me im not getting enough vitamin A and almost all of it is from Broccoli which I know absorbs very poorly. So I'm trying to find a better source hopefully from animals.

Make a pate.

I stupidly tried replacing normal meat with beef liver for a week for my meal preps for lunch. Terrible idea, got nausea by the middle of the week. I've found it freezes well, though, and as little as 6-8 oz. per week goes a long way.

Soak it in milk to get some of the blood out (it will retain its nutrients) then sear it in translucent liver and onions in butter. Chop it fine once cool and throw in some fleshy fruit like apple or pears to cut any residual metallic taste. It's an amazing source of goodness but tastes awful if not prepped right.

You can't freeze it?

Have you heard of the humble carrot?

That's advice that might have just saved my stomach. I love offal, the nutrients and the price and I just did a few servings for the week. Gonna space em out.

this, op. plus they make a great snacc

Get some lamb hearts and BBQ them, turning them around on skewers.

A1 sauce.

>2 days to eat a pound of it
i eat a pound of chicken livers 5 times a week. grow up

I just put salt and pepper in both sides, cover said sides in common white flour, sear it in the pan with oil or lard, and put it in some bread with fresh cheese and fried/scrambled eggs.

pic related is thirty minutes ago lunch, 180g liver and 3 eggs.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 13.09.49.jpg (719x1280, 55K)

another pic

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 13.06.49.jpg (1280x719, 67K)

Put what you dont eat in to the freezer you absolute nigger

You can't OD on natural vitamin A, and liver freezes well. I'd be much more concerned about copper toxicity from beef liver. It so fucking high in copper you may was well just eat copper pipes.

For those new to beef liver. Buy grass fed, grain fed liver tastes like absolute shit.
>carbs destroy the liver, which is why the animal is pumped full of antibiotics
>you can taste that nasty shit

If you're poor or lack access, BBQ'ing is an effective way to mask the shit taste.

Soak it in milk for an hour before cooking it if the flavor bothers you, it reduces the strong/bitter liver flavor. Then just slice it up and fry it in a pan with some butter, yellow onions, salt and pepper. If it tastes boring, try it with A1. Even better with onions+mushrooms IMO. You can also toss it in a splash of A1 and worchestershitejroriesrs sauce at the end of the cooking to get a nice even coating if you really want to hide the liver flavor. The tanginess really neutralizes the bitterness well.

you could cut the liver into individual portions, wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer, pull one out in the morning to let thaw throughout the day

>I'd be much more concerned about copper toxicity from beef liver. It so fucking high in copper you may was well just eat copper pipes.
this, vitamin A toxicity is the last thing I would mind, the copper in liver can throw off your zinc to copper ratio, so be sure to get plenty of zinc as well if you are going to eat that much. I eat liver twice a week, averaging about 200g to 500g depending on my taste response.

>vitamin A toxicity is the last thing I would mind
copper toxicity is reversible in weeks
vitamin A toxicity takes years even with treatment and fucks up your skeleton and eyes permanently

Yeah you can get fucktons of vitamin A from carrots. Dangerously high amounts even. No idea why OP is even concerned about this shit

but there has never been a vitamin A toxicity from liver, has it? it only has happened from artificial supplements with huge doses if I recall correctly. Also there was the case of polar bear liver, but that shit has billions upon billions of IUs so Yeah, dont eat that.

because BC cannot make you blind or destroy your bones but retinol can
cows get like 10000000000000% of the human vitamin A RDA from their daily dose feeding of grass, they don't die from it because conversion rates from plant carotene to retinol is downregulated or inhibited depending on the organism's needs an dthe ammount you are eating, the more of it you eat the less of it is assimilated and converted.

>but there has never been a vitamin A toxicity from liver, has it?
I heard this several times from people online, funny thing is that there has been indeed reported cases of vitamin A toxicity(retinol) from the consumption of liver, yes.
One case of a child who died from it, his brother survived but had issues for years after the diagnosis and 3 years into treatment.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3655980
it's a real concern

>I basically have 2 days to eat a pound
Eat half a pound in one day amd the other half in the next day, yes it's safe, but you won't be able to eat liver again until the next month (safe dosages are 100g of liver per week in one month)

interesting, but it seems it was something particular to those two boys, as the study says their sister had the same diet and was completely fine.
It wouldn't make sense that kids would die of hypervitaminosis due to liver because that's one of the organs that were traditionally reserved for children and pregnant women, because they knew how nutritious it was.
but yeah, when I have kids I will give them some liver but pay attention to how they react to it.

I'm not a big fan of liver, but it's good to eat every now and then for muh health. I like to:
>fry up lots of onions till' they are nice and soft, take out from the pan
>cut liver into thinnish slices
>season and fry in pan
>add onions
>add hoisin sauce
>cook to thicken
>throw a bunch of sesame seeds and slices of green onion on that bitch and enjoy

Try it out liver-bros, hoisin is a strong enough flavour and it turns it into an ""exotic"" meal