Novice to intermediate?

When did you guys switch to an intermediate program?

>stalled major lifts for 3 weeks
>tried eating 3100 kcal, just getting fatter, not stronger
>sleep's fine-ish

Does this mean that I'm an intermediate lifter and should switch programs? My lifts seem babby tier
>pic related

Attached: symmetricstrength-metric-imperial-intermediate-question.png (1110x594, 255K)

No one ever responds to my threads, it's embarrassing at this point

>>stalled major lifts for 3 weeks
>Does this mean that I'm an intermediate lifter and should switch programs?
Yep. If your PR is stalled for 3-4 weeks then it's safe to move on to something new, especially if you're coming from an LP beginner program. Your weights don't really have much to do with it, it's all a matter of moving on when what you're doing stops working.

lol wtf dude, just change to intermediate routine

I made my most progress when I went from madcow 5x5 to nSuns 531 a few months into my bulk.
But no you ain't intermediate yet but getting close. Honestly feel intermediate bench should be 100kg, deadlift at least 135-140 and squat minimum 120

Something is wrong with your deadlift, maybe your proportions/form/grip strength but I feel it should be heavier

switch now, who fucking cares about linear progression when in 2 years it won't matter?
good luck OP

And what to do if i deadlift 170kg, squat 130 and bench only 85? (long arms)

Dude I got long arms too and I'm still benching more. And squatting and diddling less than you my guy.
What helped me was adding close grip bench for triceps and dips to my workout.
During bench tho I'd go wider grip if maxing

We have the same stats. Kinda bummed about the low weight on bench.

what website is this from?

You're only eating 3100 a day? That's why you are stalling. Start eating 4000 a day and 200g protein, you'll be able to get at least a month or two more of LP. At the point you're at, I started squatting heavy/light/heavy and deadlifting once a week on the light squat day adding 10lbs a week to dead. 5lbs per workout on squats.

I've had an hernia before this bulk period, and lumbago during. Lower back's still weak.

Thanks, I'm looking for an intermediate program now.
Chinups I just started adding weight to and I'm sure there's more linear progression possible on it, possibly the same on deadlifts, everything else stalled. Would maintaining lifts while those two catch up be productive, or would it just be unnecessary delay?

Symmetric Strength

I'm already gaining around 1.1 lbs each week at 3100 kcal and it feels like mostly flab the last couple weeks. Around 190g protein/day give or take.

Trained for a total of 2-2.5 years. On and off for 7 years since 15. The ironic part is that I never really train legs nor deadlifts but I have focused so much more on my bench. Will probably do some variations so I can get it up to a respectable level

Attached: Symmetricccc.png (923x934, 282K)

just remove 10-15% weight, do 8x5 and add 2.5 kilos every Monday, works wonders.

Finish workout with 12x3 (45sec) on leg press, hip trusts, skull crushers, lat pulldowns and bicep curls.

that's it, new program, have fun

My question is why am i such a weak presser. Is it genetics or what am I doing wrong? I focus only on upperbody, I never train legs anymore I just run.

assuming you know correct form tho hard to tell without seeing your press.

Please share your results from madcow and nsuns

teal man reporting

do the bridge OP

Attached: tealman.png (1748x1470, 1.39M)

Im already doing it with close grip becouse it feels better and i have more control. Recently i added dumbbell bench/incline...

90% of Jow Forums doesn't lift or is doing an LP

Assuming you aren't fucking up diet and sleep, you are an intermediate lifter when linear progression no longer works. Not when you lift some magic weight number.

dumbasses

You think you are saying something smart at the same time as you are calling others dumbasses for not knowing what you are saying. This is pretty funny

also teal man here. WIll switching from LP to PPL today

2 months in.
does it get any better, bros?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 12.59.08 PM.png (1724x1724, 1.49M)

>2 months in

you basically haven't been started yet lol

>does it get any better, bros?

yes were all gonna make it brah

Attached: 1549683681633s.jpg (125x100, 2K)

Like others have said, you should move on now, even if you could add some more weight while eating even more it's not worth it to get fat for a few more kg on the bar. Start measuring your waist, as that's a good way to track your bodyfat gain.
Choose a routine based on your goals, don't just go automatically to Texas Method like some people suggest.

I regret not training legs early on.

>tfw proficient on pendlays
>but novice on front squats

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-105815_Chrome.jpg (1440x2560, 653K)

>2 months in.
Sounds like you've been correctly pegged as "untrained" then, huh?

Keep with it brother, it gets better.

based. thanks guys
My lifts are all getting much higher (front squat from 65lbs to 115lbs for 5 reps, and chinup from assisted -70 to -30 for 5 reps), but when can I expect to hit intermediate? 1 year?

First intermediate muscle groups this week. I’ve been going to the gym 5/week for 1h30 since the middle of July.

Attached: AB96481F-EB0C-4E26-85A6-A84459A3004B.png (640x1136, 121K)

took me around 6 months to get teal, and i missed a lot of workouts because of health reasons
you're gonna be fine

Symmetric strength tells you what weights you need to hit to be considered immediate if you scroll further down. If you stick with a 5x5 linear progression program to increase your lifts by 5lbs or 2kg each session you should be able to estimate. Most critical of all is eating enough and resting properly on rest days. Otherwise you won't be able to meet targets and will stall.

And in my case?
>5'10
>165
Every time I deload I hit a new 1RM. Im thinking to move to 531 whit the variatan 864 or Nsuns

Attached: PicsArt_08-20-01.55.30.jpg (1931x1137, 219K)

>but when can I expect to hit intermediate?
why the fuck does it matter? Its an arbitrary term that don't mean much. Just fucking lift and enjoy making brogress bro

>first month of SS
Should I add rows or chin ups?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-20.png (876x830, 351K)

>If you stick with a 5x5 linear progression program to increase your lifts by 5lbs or 2kg each session you should be able to estimate. Most critical of all is eating enough and resting properly on rest days. Otherwise you won't be able to meet targets and will stall.
Worst advice ever given to newbies. "just stick to linear progression and if you stall eat more and get fat". No, when it stops working change program ASAP there is no need to keep doing those programs and they should be done for 3 fucking months, 4 at top.

Both.

Could be a form issue?

damnit. you're right, thanks.
I'm just sick of everyone around me using the daddy plates when I'm stuck using the baby plates.

Yes. I was subpar everywhere less than 3 months ago (score around 20), now I'm pic related. The first month I didn't really know what I was doing so I really struggled with all lifts except deadlift because my form was horrible. Then things started accelerating after watching countless form videos, I started adding 5kg to my deadlifts and squat at a time for a few weeks. At the 2 month mark I finally learned proper bench press form and now I'm progressing fine on all my lifts.
Yesterday I deadlifted 105kgx5, gonna squat 90kgx5 tomorrow.
What's your routine?

Attached: Screenshot_20190820-224325_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1803, 378K)

Everyone starts somewhere. They were platelets once upon a time.

Attached: despairprohibited.jpg (268x351, 26K)

thats the spirit! Why cant Jow Forums be more upbeat and constructive like this

Just leveled up to green man with a diddly PR and had to brag somewhere. Started lifting ~7 months ago and made it this far somehow.

Attached: proficient.jpg (1453x1247, 195K)

6 weeks in
kill me

Attached: Purple man.png (1006x933, 294K)

eat more

No, keep eating

both