Is lifting actually bad for you?

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but let me clarify a little bit.

>Sports all through high school
>US Army infantry after high school
>Sports all through college
>Gym 5 times a week
>get pretty swole

>Uncle is the only other body builder in my family. Always encourages me.
>Dies from a heart condition in his early 50s
>Family of fatasses outlive my uncle
>He was 100% natty Christian dude who didn't even drink coffee
>Look up how many body builders die young from heart problems
>Everyone says it's all because they use steroids
>look into actual empirical sources
>They all say "moderate" lifting is heavy but not "too much"
>Start reading that "moderate lifting" is literally like once a week
>Read that "too much" is your bodyweight
>panic

I don't think I'm going to deconvert people here but wtf. I just want to lift because it'll help me live longer and I like how it feels. Am I fucking up my heart every time I do it? I try to eat really clean and don't bulk, but I'm starting to seriously wonder if this is healthy.

Attached: why.jpg (626x938, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4126241/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We get it, you don’t lift
Summer can’t end soon enough

A thread died for this

Didn't read anything you typed
Go fuck your mother you dumbass faggot

For every article that says shit like that theres 15 that say the opposite. Also unlike what the retards here say, you need to do cardio. Just dont do steroids and you're fine.

This site has literally gone to shit in the past 6 years I've been using it.

Everything is just

>need2eatmore
>lol nevergon make it
>zoomer/boomer
>not natty
>whatever

The shit's fucking retarded. Moot even said Jow Forums does not even have a significant increase in traffic during the summer.

I figured it was probably a mistake thinking I could ask a forum of people who ostensibly have an interest in lifting and maybe someone would have a passing familiarity about this. I guess I'll just schedule a fucking appointment with my doctor and ask her.

You're a retard bro and anyone who thinks that bench pressing makes you healthy is also a retard. If you want to be healthy stop eating red meat and only eat white meat and seafood. Stop lifting and do cardio a few days a week while keeping a clean diet. That's it nerds. All you need to be healthy. I don't bench press 3x a week for health. I bench press to be stronger and have more muscle.

Dubs of hope.

This is kind of what I was wondering. I try to do cardio at least once a day. I just never know what "over doing" really is. I feel like if I'm not pushing myself during my workout I'm wasting it.

I just don't wanna die.

>I don't think I'm going to deconvert people here but wtf. I just want to lift because it'll help me live longer and I like how it feels. Am I fucking up my heart every time I do it? I try to eat really clean and don't bulk, but I'm starting to seriously wonder if this is healthy.
Mixing carbs with fats is what causes the heart disease, not lifting
Stay under 70g of net carbs an you'll be fine, although carnivore 50/50 would be ideal

Nice anecdotal evidence faggot, post your "empirical sources" or shut the fuck up about your inferior genes

>Asks a dumbass question
>Gets dumbass replies
I'm going to tell you one more time buddy
Go fuck your mother

Yes lifting is bad for you. It's for mentally ill people. Just look at what's posted here and the videos of their youtube idols.

>my uncle died so lifting must be unhealthy

You're retarded kill yourself

>If you want to be healthy stop eating red meat and only eat white meat and seafood
WRONG

OP stay away from lifting, lifting is nothing more but a coping mechanism for losers and incels alike

t. retard
Face it nerd. Benching 315 doesn't make you healthy. A clean diet with cardio does. You can be a coping little nerd and say that you're lifting for your health but the reality is that there's many other things you can do for your health that would help much more than lifting

>I guess I'll just schedule a fucking appointment with my doctor and ask her
That should have been your first idea retard. Glad we could help you figure that out.

Look at the part of your post he quoted, moran

I'm honestly starting to feel that calisthentics and cardio is overall superior to lifting weights. Altho I do love the feeling of crushing diddy prs on the regular

It was right you simpleton red meat like beef is worse for you than lean white meat like chicken breasts

>You're a retard bro and anyone who thinks that bench pressing makes you healthy is also a retard.

Literally every doctor is a fucking retard then. Nobody in the medical community disputes lifting weights makes you live longer and is healthy. The question is if bodybuilding compromises your cardiovascular health.

I've read this too.

You literally are the problem with the internet.

lol based

Nobody said that you fucking idiot. What's suggested is that eating 200 grams of protein and getting 3000 calories everyday while putting your heart and body under extreme stress everyday might be why the average professional body builder dies way younger than everyone else.

Yeah how stupid of me to think other people who lift might know something about this.

Dubs of hope X2

I'm starting to feel the same way.

lol Moran.

It's not lifting that's good for your health. It's just that when you lose some weight and get off your ass you'll see an improvement in health. Lifting weights is better than nothing but if your only goal is health lifting isn't optimal. When you bring other goals in like strength and extra muscle than lifting becomes a good idea

Shit tier threads get shit tier replies, cry about it gaybo

>moran

Attached: 504641E2-8527-4372-A6B6-5BD3FAA20AF4.jpg (600x536, 81K)

Over doing it is when your vascularity is fucked, you tear muscles, shit like that. If you eat right and dont juice you'll be fine nigger

Kill yourself retard.

I hope you don’t make it to your Uncles life PR

You’re one obnoxious little faggot
How about you post your own body instead of more low quality thot threads

Nobody's really this much of a faggot, right?

>tfw been battling an array of niggling injuries for months
>only 23

OP is the underage high test spammer
He doesn’t lift, he’s probably Indian and he will never get laid

>US Army infantry after high school
Stopped reading here. If you had even a fraction of a functioning brain you'd have enough talent to get a real job actually contributing to the world instead of wasting your time getting yelled at like a cuck by some army general. Whatever your opinion is, it's probably wrong.

>Indian
Shit, I take it back. Those guys have a rough road.

What's wrong with them?

They're just the worst. It has to be miserable to be so terrible.

user you didnt come off like an autistic puritan wannabe who hates minorities and women. Ofc youre not gonna get replies, nobody here lifts

everything

Are you talking about Indian (Indian) or Indian (born in America)? Most of the Indian guys I knew in school were alright

I'm talking Indians from India. Dot not feather. Yeah I get along with them great too, I think being so awful makes them have to be more humble. But they just suck.

People who literally have nothing at all valuable to add to this conversation.

Sadly this.

Anyway, a few people threw in good advice.It seems like the general consensus is that weight lifting isn't bad so much as all of the BS that comes with body building -- eating insane amounts of red meat, steroids, high carb diets, etc.

I'll read more about this but honestly I might explore a more cardio / calisthenics focused plan with moderate weight lifting and put a ton of emphasis on my diet. I'll have the last of my red meat tonight.

Thanks guys. Feel free to spam this thread and tell me what a huge loser I am or whatever while I'm gone. Thanks to the other anons who contributed that actually lift.

The body isnt meant to handle insane weights. Just do cardio, dont be as big as a closet and you will probably be fine

>What's suggested is that eating 200 grams of protein and getting 3000 calories everyday while putting your heart and body under extreme stress everyday might be why the average professional body builder dies way younger than everyone else.
RECORD-BREAKING retardation lad
pro BB’ers die young because they inject grams of potent androgens and anabolics year-round for years and years without ever coming off
keep looking for excuses not to lift though

Wait don't go! We were just kidding around. We think you're really cool.

Have sex

>lift
Of course it's bad. Hike, jog, bike, swim, or climb 4-5 days per week; lift weights (full body) once per week. You'll feel energetic and strong and look great (literally becoming the ideal male for women). Body building is a disease.

Most fitizens will deny the truth and straight out lie to you because of body dysmorphia, but yes, lifting too much is bad for your. If not for your heart, you are guaranteed to fuck up at least 1 (one) of your joints and probably your spine too, regardless of how perfect your form is.

I would rather live 50 years like a Tiger than 70 years like a Pig.

Seriously OP, everyone can get a heart condition. Just do your regular cardio and you are fine.

>This site has literally gone to shit in the past 6 years I've been using it.

For what it's worth I completely agree. People have been saying Jow Forums was never good but damn it if Jow Forums hasn't been run into the ground.

As for the actual topic you should ask yourself about the extent to which you lift, as long as you're giving yourself rest and not doing some roided 12 workouts a week and zero cardio you should be fine.

Strength and resistance training is incredibly beneficial for health and longevity. It makes your joints stronger and increases resistance to almost every kind of disease like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, to a much higher degree than you might think.

In fact, studies have shown that people who part-take in regular resistance training have as much as up to a 50% reduction in all-cause mortality. Here is a study that shows a 33% decrease in all cause mortality from resistance training, literally the first one on google.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4126241/
> RE (resistance exercise) was associated with a 33% lower risk of all-cause mortality

So that guy who said squats and bench don't make you healthy could not be more wrong.

Post body

You're a huge loser

>I mass replied and wrote paragraphs
>now I’m leaving the thread

Hey dude what’s up

thread's over boys, OP just outed himself a cum vacuum
>getting so butthurt over first three replies to a baseline retarded post
found the summerfag lol, i genuinely thought it was bait at first

Attached: 1565623641139.jpg (604x604, 112K)

Only way you're fucking up your heart is if you already have a heart condition which could have been the case with your uncle, if you're worried get testing done and if it comes back all good then lifting should be fine

lick my unchole

White meat is shit, friend. Nutritionally it is shit. Supermarket chicken breast is a thin amino acid profile with almost zero minerals and pumped full of sodium solution to keep it "fresh"

Fish is only good if it was wild caught in the north atlantic/ arctic. Otherwise it is chock full of heavy metal and plastic or farmed on a diet of corn/grain feed and antibiotics.

The real redpill is realizing all moderate/high intensity exercise is bad for you. It all causes stress and stress is bad for your body causing premature ageing and damage.
You really think deadlifts and squats are healthy? Thinks of your joints, ligaments, etc. It all gets damaged over time.

The healthiest way to live is some walking + perfect diet.

But exercising is fun, so live with damaging your body long term. That's why I gave up powerlifting, im too young to damage my body. Look at powerlifters in 10-20 years they are all damaged and almost can't even walk

I remember hearing that for bodybuilders the heart enlarged in order to pump more blood to the muscles and as they get older the heart has trouble pumping blood because either that bodybuilder has stopped lifting cause old or the bodybuilder keeps lifting but gets to the age where the heart can't support him anymore.

>Family of fatasses outlives my uncle

Wellll free whiz, in other news my geandpappy smoked a pack a day and lived to 102 so cigarettes are totally healthy!!!

No seriously you're suffering from serious mental problems trying to reason this way. You're likely a brainlet

just do cardio retard

You worry too much as a guy who won't touch gear or bloatmaxxx himself to 120 kg+.

This. There is always a spectrum to these types of questions.

Think of your body as a car. If you're driving it hard everyday the parts will wear quicker than if you're babying it. But if you don't drive it at all and leave it sitting it will also develop problems. There's a happy medium and that's for you to decide based on how your body reacts. If you wait until your body's muscles and connective tissues have recovered from the previous workout, and you have good form with good flexibility, your joints will probably be fine.

If you're 1RM deadlifting every other week and really pushing your body to its limits then yes you could cause damage to the joints. Some argue that deadlifting full stop is bad and that's what I think too - because the lift is just too risky for someone like me who just wants a good looking body. Replace it with hang cleans and romanian deadlifts.

You have to remember that nearly everyone has back problems from not doing any lifting in their old age. Walk around and see the posture of a 70+ year old. It's awful. They have no bone density. Osteoporosis is all over the place. With sensible lifting you can avoid this, but with unintelligent lifting you may end up like this or even worse.

Jay Cutler is one bodybuilder who had surgery on his shoulder for a torn muscle and his surgeon was shocked how little damage there was. Proof that even with steroids, as long as you are sensible, you can avoid damage to joints whilst lifting heavy.

>Look up how many body builders die young from heart problems
Statistically they don't though. There was some study done on about 600 pro bodybuilders from the 60 till now and 58 of them had died, while the norm is 40 for their age bracket. So not much of a big increase.

>. Look at powerlifters in 10-20 years they are all damaged and almost can't even walk

That's such bullshit. There's 55-year-old powerlifter who benches 160kg and deadlifts 260kg for reps. You're just lazy.

>act like faggot
>get called a faggot
How dense are you? Never gonna make it with your bitch attitude.

>browses fit for 6 years
>doesn't even lift

This. Finally.

Am I putting my collars on wrong? I've been putting the rubber gasket against the plates.

GET

lol you've been putting the rubber gasket against the plates??? come on nobody's that retarded

That explains my lack of arm gains.

It’s the excessive animal products they consume (look up saturated fat and TMAO) that kills them (along with the roids)

Not one person has ever died from steroid use.

Tickle
My
Anus,
'Omo.

They die because they don't maintain their cardio.

Your heart grows with your body leaving it more vulnerable to disease, arythmia and other conditions.

You have to keep lifting or at least cardio-ing or your heart will either stiffen up or get out if wack.

>being scared of death

Attached: 1558870828070.png (719x713, 587K)

The politically correct way of asking that is
>Dots or feathers?