Shouldn't the golden standard of 1/2/3/4 be scaled based on weight, height and limb measurements?

Shouldn't the golden standard of 1/2/3/4 be scaled based on weight, height and limb measurements?

Attached: 1560656753431.webm (640x360, 1.15M)

Yes, as should just about everything. Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter because 1/2/3/4 is just a retarded goalpost used almost entirely by people who do not actually lift.

I’ve been told it’s more along the lines of .75/1.5/2/2.5 x bodyweight. We just use 1/2/3/4 as it’s easier to explain, and the average person it like, 175 lbs I think.

Sort of, you can scale by bodyweight to a point but, for example, it's easier for a 180lbs guy to squat 180lbs than for a 300lbs guy to squat 300lbs, but a 180lbs guy who squats 300lbs is much stronger than either
It shouldn't directly scale 1:1, but there is some correlation

Attached: Deadlift vs Squat.png (3760x430, 136K)

I thought 1/2/3/4/ was 1pl8 2pl8 3pl8 4pl8 on OHP, Bench, Squat, and DL.

Am I wrong?

No, that’s right. They’re the major compound goals.

That's right, be have to establish that a pl8 is 25kg (55lbs), not 45lbs
Therefore 1/2/3/4 is 70/120/170/220kg

What the fuck? That's a fucking orangutan

Attached: 49.png (424x445, 311K)

That's retarded, because the difference is even more pronounced when it should be less

lmao what? Are you retarded? if 1 plate is 25kg then 1 plate plus the bar would be a 45kg ohp. Not 70.

If you were to progress each lift proportional to the rest, without being overly strong in one or the other then you'd hit a 4 pl8 DL last, and the other lifts would be 1.5/2.5/3.3 pl8. Of course different people would hit that goal at different times depending on height/weight

>2 x 25 + 20 = 45
retard

>1/2/3/4
>"Golden Standard"
Holy fuck you people are so fucking weak and retarded holy shit.

>2x25
that's two plates not one dumbass

post body faggot

No

LMAO how about you post your amazing 1/2/3/4 physique XD.

Because you put one plate on each side you autist
nobody would ohp the bar with only one plate on one side

>ut a 180lbs guy who squats 300lbs is much stronger than either
With othr lifts maybe, but a guy that weighs 300 pounds and squats 300 pounds is squatting a total of 600 pounds. he is much stronger.

>n-n-no, I wont p-p-post my body, but i bet your looks like s-s-shit

Just fucking admit you look like shit

post your fucking body then you big talking faggot

1/2/3/4 = OHP/Bench/Squat/DL for your maximum weight for one set of ten

I'm not the guy who initially called you out, but

Repeat after me
"I look like shit, pic related"
Then continue stating your point.

Attached: 20190721_172241.jpg (1080x2220, 132K)

1plate is understood as 20kg retard

I do for them moment arm gainz

More like one set of 15. Lift more basedboy

wtf is up with your chest bro?

Spotted bloater

yeah ofc you put 12.5 on each side and that's one plate total

I've never heard of this before, but it seems like it would be 1rm goals. Anyone who can DL 4 plates ten times is way beyond this level of goal setting bullshit.

Dunno, poor size?

Attached: 20190721_145044.jpg (3024x4032, 669K)

People should remember that "1/2/3/4" REALLY means - "can perform 1/2/3/4 [or at least fall very close to hitting those plate numbers (1.9pl or 2.1pl bench etc.) for 5 or more repetitions"
It's the checkpoint which says "you are intermediate and already have or will soon be done with your linear strength progression" because everyone can [can or at least get close to] hit those numbers in their first year [given they are adults or at least late teens].
Also I think it's common to hit those number on almost everything except your weakest lift ; I hit 1pl OHP like 4 months in and 1/2/3/3 after a year (took me some time after to hit 4pl DL due to scoliosis)

Attached: 1553084142587.jpg (500x342, 23K)

>Gold standard
That's a funny way to spell "bare minimum."

Attached: Green Hair Smug.png (482x355, 201K)

I don't think most people hit 1/2/3/4 in a year desu

You might get close to (that's what I was alluding to),also it depends if you start fat or underweight ; was 100kg@173cm when I was 16 and I hit everything in a year and a bit (I couldn't even bench the bar my first time)
Otherwise you are probably not eating enough, have a undiagnosed sickness (anemic or something idk) or you just simply unable to complete all the exercises and skip a bunch of workouts in that first year
If you ask of Jow Forums allot will say it was a year or at least close to, same for me and my brother (who started as a lanklet) so I believe it

Absolutely. Ideally it should be 1/1.5/2/2.5 times body weight for a male weighing 80kg and numbers go down as weight and height increase. You have to remember that people here that show off their 1/2/3/4 pl8 weigh 140kg (bodyweight squat is not impressive) or half rep like most gym goers you see.

Attached: lu back.jpg (960x638, 78K)

No. Some people are just more gifted than others.

Attached: World_Record_Deadlift.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

Powershitters do though, because fatties gain strength and numbers much quicker than skellyfags and skinnyfats

That seems insane to me.
I lifted casually for a few years and started taking it seriously and trying to do a linear progression about a year ago. Got to 115/185/245/315 and it just seems like it doesn't go any higher for me. My aesthetics improved a lot. I look great and feel great, but I just don't see myself ever lifting much heavier than I am now. I'm 6ft/163 lbs/25 yo. I actually see people around my size lifting more than me and I kind of don't get it. If I put more than 185 lbs on the bench, I will just drop it on my chest. Am I abnormal somehow? One thing is I really don't want to stop having visible abs, so I never eat too heavily, but I'm definitely not in caloric defecit.

Yes you will, it no longer matters then though. Just another arbitrary set of numbers, I hit it after 11 months and I am an old fag.

That's the crux of lifting:
>go fat and lift heavy
>stay lean and natty but lift light
>roid and stay lean but also lift heavy
Pick one

of course it SHOULD be. in fact it should be based off bodyweight^(2/3) to account for the square-cube relationship between muscular cross section and body mass, and scaled with a coefficient based on the current world records to reflect worldwide improvements in strength training, and adjusted to reflect your individual leverages based on the length of your different body segments. But it doesn't actually matter, and for an average male of average bodyweight, average height, average proportions, average genetics, and average access to PEDs, it's not a bad benchmark for the point between novice and intermediate, and ultimately achievable by any adult male.

If that were the case the golden ratio would be 0.5/0.75/1/1.5 because everyone on fit is a fat cunt.

Attached: 1564312366323.jpg (500x666, 22K)

people on Jow Forums do because they start fat as shit

Attached: 1565385252775.jpg (971x565, 141K)

Correct. Manlets and twinks forget that the deadlift and squat are bodyweight movements much like the dip and pull up. It's your bodyweight + what's on the bar.

>weight barely goes above the knees at lockout
Lmao. Benching must be a nightmare for this dude.

Attached: 1558055399997.jpg (608x608, 70K)

i wonder what it's like to know you were born to be the best in the world at something. knowing you were destined to be #1 and the only reason you're not is because you aren't living up to your potential

Tfw deadlifting with short arms and the bar always rubs your dick. I should sumo.

Halp

Attached: OddDog.gif (250x250, 1018K)

There is nothing major it golden standard about 1/2/3/4 it's the bare minimum, go get it and keep getting more after

Agreed big time. You'll be stronger than most people in a commercial gym with those numbers. But in all seriousness if you can't pull those numbers, you need to be training for strength, not for vanity. Give SS 6 months and you'll be there.

You don't need to have a crazy physique or be a complete bloatlord to hit these numbers.

Pic related: first day I hit a 1000# total. I've cut probably 15-20 lbs since this pic b/c summertime shred, but figured this was more relevant to the topic.

Attached: PicsArt_08-21-08.37.28.jpg (1136x3067, 490K)

>But in all seriousness if you can't pull those numbers, you need to be training for strength

the only thing anyone *needs* to do is have an active lifestyle. Hitting an arbitrary # on 4 lifts isn't a goal for most people.

Finish the sentence brainlet. "You need to be training for strength, not vanity."

It implies that said person is already lifting, and isn't just some dyel walking their dog 30 minutes a day so that they aren't sedentary. Not only that, this is literally a thread about a "golden standard" for lifting, not a golden standard for day to day lifestyle.

>Finish the sentence brainlet

Disregarded the rest because the assumption was stupid. If you're making the assumption that if you're not lifting for strength you're lifting for vanity you're making a huge leap.

>It implies that said person is already lifting, and isn't just some dyel walking their dog 30 minutes a day so that they aren't sedentary

And literally all anyone needs is to have an active lifestyle. Goals for individuals lifting weights vary wildly.

>Not only that, this is literally a thread about a "golden standard" for lifting

The standard your coach is going to get you to is going to vary on your coach and weight class. If you're not doing any formal weightlifting there is literally no golden standard other than "don't get injured".

Cool - but what # of reps at those golden weights are we talking?
1 rep? 3 reps? 5 reps? 5x5?

Max CnJ should be the absolute measure of strength and athleticism.

>inb4 babybuilders and powersharters

Attached: 4AEED56C-18AC-4462-AE4D-9E2910C8EFEF.jpg (1400x933, 323K)

this is photshopped right?

>BUT MY HEALTHY ACTIVE LIFESTYLE

It's not a wild assumption that if most people in this thread were asked "why are you lifting?" The response would have something to do about strength or aesthetics, not "to lead a healthy active lifestyle."

I don't disagree with you that individual goals and staying injury free are important, but hot damn dude you're staring at a tree and missing the forest. Referring to something as a standard means it is valid across the board whereas individual goals are (shocker) individual.

Attached: 1556749391770.png (785x731, 205K)

I've achieved this except for bench.

>why is my chest so weak, fuck me

Attached: 1563935812883.png (573x640, 96K)

Jeez imagine wrestling that man. Just a trunkless collection of limbs. You attack but he just wraps around you like an octopus.

cope

You do as many as you can. If 1pl8 OHP is your 1RM, then just do one. If you can do it for 5 or 10 reps, do those, and start adding weight.

This is a retarded way of training.

You should be doing most of your working sets at around 80% of 1rm, sets of 3-5 pushing weight up as your programming allows.

Key wors there being programming.

Just 1RM thats why 1/2/3/4 is a meme just for one 1 pl8 OHP and 2 pl8 Bench is so ridiculously easy compared to 3 pl8 Squat and 4 pl8 Diddly.

1/2 is EZPZ. I also found the 180kg DL easy to achieve. My legs are weak as shit and it took me a couple of years to get 140kg squat.

Now I’ve given up lifting because it’s fucking boring and I’d rather spend that energy on jiujitsu.

Ooh big boy!

It's achievable for basically everybody overtime but this idea that EVERYONE will hit 1/2/3/4 with their noob gains in 6 months is so retarded they should be banned from fitness discussion. It should be evident since nobody can agree upon the rep scheme since for example nobody does 4pl8 for 5 in training. All it tells us is that adding a full plate to your lifts feels a lot more satisfying than microloading. Don't need the internet for that.

We already know noob gains for people not horrendously obese run out at around 2.5xBW for the deadlift and other numbers I'm not going to open PPST3 for. Telling somebody there is a specific number they have to hit, independent of your weight, is just pure stupidity. Especially since they never seem to be able to back it up. They've always "gotten an injury" or went to do BJJ and so on.

>buuuuut BW% isn't fair to big people!!!
Why do we have to satiate their egos? They're already benching 3 times a week because they don't like seeing how week their squat and deadlift are.

Thanks sweattie :)

no. strong is strong, everything else is cope. especially height and limb lengths

imagine if a matrial artist lost a fight and after was like
>b-but he had longer arms than me wah wah :(
pathetic

But you were suppose to use 25kg plates so 1pl8 is 70kg etc

There’s no physiological reason why the arms can’t be trained to be just as strong as the legs. It’s purely historical momentum keeping those ratios as they are. 2/3/3/3 is very doable.

how is bending down and lifting a dead weight from the ground a bodyweight movement?

Fuck it I love my lean, natty body. This has actually been one of the things that's really been bothering me. I just keep getting more easthetic, but my lifts aren't going up. I guess I can learn to live with just looking really good. My only competitive sport is skate skiing and my main reason for lifting is so I feel good hanging out at the beach. I would really like to squat 3pl8 one day, though, but I feel like the knee injuries just aren't worth it. I think I get more out of being agile and being able to run really fast.

shut up manlet i can barely hear you from all the way down there

>Figgy actually being based
The world must be ending because I agree with this autistic kiddo