Routine General

Is this enough?
It doesn't seem a lot on paper but it takes just under an hour and I'm grafting hard... Any pointers?
Push A
Pull A
X
Push B
Pull B
X
X

Post your routines so I can see how mine differs...
I'm natty also so bro splits are a no

Attached: Screenshot_20190821_134724_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpg (2240x1080, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>10x3 deads
isn't that a bit much?
>6 sets of bis per week
and isn't that not enough?

Only squatting once a week?

It's only 5 more reps than what 5x5 would be but Im focussing on power more than hypertrophy and suiting 3 rep sets well...
I don't know it's 6 sets of isolation movement for arms not enough?

When else would you advise squatting?
Cancelling out leg press and squatting again?

>A
Power Clean - 4x3@85
Squats - 4x8@75, 2x10@70
Incline Bench - 6x8@75
Chin Ups - 5xF
Rope Triceps - 3x8
Rev PecDec - 5x20
Ez Curls - 5x12

>B
Clean and Press - 3@92, 5x3@85
Front Squat - 3@92, 3x6@80
Incline Bench - 3x10@70
Back Exts - 2x20
Chin Ups - 5xF
Rope Triceps - 3x8
Rev PecDec - 5x20
Ez Curls - 5x12

>C
Squat - 5@86, 3@86
Incline Bench - 5@86, 2x3@86
Deadlift - 5@86, 3@86
Chin Ups - 5xF
Rope Triceps - 3x8
Rev PecDec - 5x20
Ez Curls - 5x12

>When else would you advise squatting?
Every fucking day.
Maybe not with the 30 deads, but you could squat instead of leg pressing (10x3 again?), and throw in a few sets at higher reps/lower weight after cleans.

How long do these workouts take?
Are you natty?

Would love some feedback on this

A:
- Squat 5x3
- OHP 5x3
- Incline bench 5x3
- Bench 5x3
- Dips 5x3

B:
- Squat 5x3
- Weighted chin-ups 5x3
- Cable row 5x3
- Lower back extension 5x3
- Bicep curls 5x3
- Random ab exercises

Week1
Monday: A
Wednesday: B
Friday: A

Week 2
Monday: B
Wednesday: A
Friday: B

and the cycle continues

>I don't know it's 6 sets of isolation movement for arms not enough?
it's not optimal. a few more sets (say, 10 total tris and 16 total bis) wouldn't fatigue you in any meaningful way, but would bring more gains
> but Im focussing on power more than hypertrophy and suiting 3 rep sets well.
ok, but even prieplin's table stops with 8x3 (or 5x3 if you're going hard), so maybe split that in 2 days?

Natty, and they ARE long, but once I'm done with the 'real' workout (pulls, squats, bench), which takes around 1h all said and done, I minimize rest times and just do my sets as fast as possible, let's say 20 minutes and I'm done.
It's not optimal, I'm looking into myoreps for those last few exercises, but it's not easy.

oh, and ofc that's mostly about A.
B and C don't take as long, C being the shortest (but eh, 3 5rms one after the other), but A is the real problem.

What thenfuvk is AxB, have a single workout
ngmi

Attached: IMG_20190815_104455_627.jpg (1001x972, 107K)

How's this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190821_143002_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets.jpg (2240x1080, 378K)

Already much better.

A
Squat 4x3
OHP 4x6 70%
DB Bench 3-4x8-12
Curls 3-4x10-12 + abs

B
OHP 5x3 +AMRAP 70%
Squat 6x4-6 70%
RDL 4x8-10 60%
Dips + Chins 3-4x10-12

C
Deadlift 1x3 + 2x3 85%
Bench 3x3 + 2x6-8 75%
DB row SS w/ bench 3x12
Front squat 4x8-10
DB Shoulder Press 4x10-12
Curls 3-4x10-12 + abs

I add weight weekly to the strength sets at the beginning of the workouts and sets/reps to the volume stuff. Main goal is hypertrophy with some strength gains

>Upright row
>Btn press
>Hang cleans
>Squatting

Nah bro

On A day I would probably put bench before OHP/Incline, otherwise secondary movers will get worn out before the bench

Yeah I usually do that, switched to OHP before now tho because I'm somewhat lacking in the shoulder department

Other than that, any immediate flaws? I'm worried I'm missing some important muscle group. Trying to somewhat replace deadlifts with cable row and lower back extensions since deadlifts fuck me up too much

>sets of 3 on bicep curls
Also it seems to have low volume, I'd do 4 per week or amp up the 3 you do have

Oh, it's z-bar curls (don't know proper English lingo for it)

I'm at 35kg which I do 5x3 now, should I still switch?

- Bench Press 3x5
- Chest Dips 3x10
- Bent Over Row 2x10
- Chin Ups 3xF

- Squat/Deadlift (alterning) 3x5
- Pull Ups 3x10
- Skullcrushers 2x10
- Barbell Curls 2x10

- Overhead Press 3x10
- Lateral Press 2x10
- Farmer's Walk
- Shrugs 2x10
- EZ barbell curls
AxBxCx

I know it looks a bit messy, but I've been running it (with some modifications) for the past year and it gave me pretty good results. I used to Squat and Deadlift twice per week in the past, but I'm 27 now and I think it's really time I dedicate more care to my back and joints, so I decided to reduce the load. Maybe I will even substitute Squats with Lunges or Leg press.

You're in for a long, lads
Would this routine be okay for a beginner? (-who has been lifting on and off for years with little gains to show for because I'm a retarded brainlet)

>AxBxCDx

>A:
- 3x5 squat
- 3x5 bench
- 3x6 incline db bench
- 3x8 t-bar row (I prefer t-bar over bent-over row since I hate doing them)
- 3x10 lat pulldown
- 3x8 barbell curl

>B:
- 3x8 ohp
- 3x5 diddy
- 2x6 chinups
- 3x6 db shoulder press
- 3x8 skullcrusher
- 3x10 facepulls

>C:
- 4x6 squat
- 4x8 incline db bench
- 3x10 db flyes
- 4x10 incline db curl
- 3x12 leg curl

>D:
- 4x8 db shoulder press
- 4x12 lateral raises
- 3x10 supinated pulldown
- 4x10 cable tricep pushdown
- 4x12 facepulls

It's based on PHUL, basically where the first two days are focused on building strength, and the last days are for hypertrophy.
I ran a greyskull variation for like 5-6 months and I stagnated after some time because I didn't have enough volume in the program for my muscles to grow (I got some strength gains even though I'm still weak as fuck).
I went from 82kg to 89kg so eating and getting enough protein wasn't the problem. Now I'm 81kg and looking to bulk up, preferably with better results this time.
The plan is to add progressive overload on the compound movements, but I'm not sure if I should add it on C and D. There's plenty of volume in this program and I think I'm hitting pretty much every muscle at least twice a week.
I'm familiar and very comfortable doing all of these movements hence why I chose them.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this one, guys.

Attached: pic of me.png (562x657, 723K)

why the volume is so low? Or you mean 3x5?

>behind neck press
shit exercise , do fucking normal ohp

5 reps x 3 sets

Or is the standard the other way around?

Mon:
4 sets weighted dip
3 sets weighted pull up
3 sets heavy shrugs

Tue:
6 sets split squat (3 each leg)
3 sets leg curl
2 preacher curl/cable skull crusher super sets

Wed: cardio

Thurs:
3 sets incline DB bench
4 sets seal row
3 sets standing DB OHP
Abs

Fri:
4 sets trap bar DL
3 sets leg curl
2 Preacher curl/rope pull super sets

Plus 1 mile run first thing every morning and climbing 1-3 times a week.

Seems like a lot of volume.18 sets in a session? How long does that take?

Check out Thibs' best routine for natty lifters articles on T Nation. You probably don't need 7 sets of chest in a day. You could even get away with 2, one being a drop or rest pause set.

I saw better progress lifting 4-6 times a week with 2-4 sets per muscle group. Got my pull up from 45 x 5 to 45 x 16 and 90 x 6.

Bump on this one. Does this seem like enough volume to build decent muscle? My concern is that it’s only 3 days, but I tried to squeeze in as much volume as I could that seemed reasonable

Hm, you might be right regarding the longetivity of the workouts.
>Check out Thibs' best routine for natty lifters articles on T Nation
This one? Do you think I can replace the lunges with something else instead? I have no experience doing them and my gym is kinda awkward for doing the walking ones

Forgot pic

Attached: 432523532.jpg (742x839, 54K)

Go to /plg/ you colossal faggots.

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

This one. Low number of sets, but each last set is a drop set or rest pause.

I think he made one with more volume later that had more than 3 sets an exercise because some clients didn't like high intensity work.

My dips might be
10 with a pl8
10 with 2pl8
3pl8 x 5 x 2 (first working sets)
3pl8 x 6, drop a pl8 and try to hit 5 more, drop another pl8 and maybe get 6, then body weight to faliure.

Just 3 working sets, but many reps near faliure

8-12 means going up to 12 reps then increasing weight and going back down to 8 reps
A:
Barbell Bench press 4x8-12
OHP 4x8-12
Barbell row 4x8-12
Lat pulldown 4x8-12
Tricep extensions 4x8-12
Dumbbell flyes 4x8-12
Concentration curl 4x8-12
Barbell curl 4x8-12
Dragon flags 4x8-12

B:
Squat 4x8-12
Deadlift 4x8-12
Leg extensions 4x20
Farmers carry
Dragon flags 4x8-12

AxAxABx

Why do retards try make their own programs?

Not to be that guy but this seems like a load of horseshit
Lifting doesn't have to be this fucking technical or difficult

Attached: 423142134.jpg (807x739, 77K)

add some calves faggot. also deads are a great lift you should think about putting in

First off, it's not really that complex, you just need to know what a drop set is

Second, linear progression doesn't last forever. When you've trained 10+ years and get to deading 3x your body weight, dipping 2x body weight, you'll need to try different shit out.

Third, no one outside of beginners needs to use cookie cutter routines. The basic idea is simply how to get the most bang for your buck as an advanced lifter who only has 4-5 hours to train a week.

> reeeee stop discussing gym routines on my board, we need more threads about instagram thots, mire stories that never happened and """funny""" fit related humour with the exact same 50 pics since 2009

neck yoursel & die

Change B to this and do abs everyday
Deadlift
Chin/pullup
Row
Highpull
Curls
Facepulls

Also do some skull crushers on A day

Been lifting for ~8months and time to switch up, any advice?

>A
Bench Press 3x5
OHP 3x6
Row 3x5
Incline 4x8-10
Lat pulldown 4x8-10
Curl 3x8-10
Tricep 3x8-10

>B
Squat 3x5
Sumo 3x5
Press 4x10-12
Curl 4x8-10
Calf 4x8-10
Crunch 3x12

>C
Incline 4x8-10
Flye 4x8-10
Cable row 4x8-10
Db row 4x8-10
Lateral raose 4x8-10
Incline curl 4x8-10
Tricep 4x8-10

>D
Front Squat 4x8-10
DB lunge 3x10side
Leg Extension 3x10-12
Leg Curl 3x10-12
Calf 3x10-12
Leg raise 3x12

Every workout 15min cardio

Less volume. Once you have decent weight on the bar warm ups take longer.

Like how long does this even all take, 2 hours? 10 sets of 10-12 reps of leg work in a day? Better three good true 10 rep max sets and save the extensions for 1, maybe two pump sets at the end.

7 sets of chest work the same day as 3 sets of overhead pressing?

You'll do better with just 3-4 sets chest, and then the OHP.

Attached: Routine 3.png (273x544, 17K)

You will be pressing way too much on your A day and no gains will be made, if you use heavy weights that is, you can try moving those exercises around, but having 3 heavy presses in a row on the same day will curtail the max weight a lot. B seems fine, but I'd personally much rather do deadlifts or even heavy Pendlay rows than lower back extensions. You should also write sets first and reps after.

Also, this is an LP. There's an accessory day inbetween because I'm cutting and don't want to progress so often

I really don't understand why you'd do 8 or 10 whole sets of squats and especially deadlifts for only 3 reps. From what I've seen this type of workout is what really strong people do when they are trying to improve their already insane lifts by just a little more. I think you should just squat 5x5 or even just 3x5 with weights really close to your 1 rep max and deadlift your 5 rep max for one set, you can do more warm up sets prior to that if you want more volume. Your exercises seem to be fine, just nail down what you want to gain from each exercise and decide your sets and reps accordingly.

PPLPPLx

Push 1
OHP 3x8
Bench 3x8
Flys 5x12 / Inc Bench 5x12
BD Bench 5x12 / Lat Raise 5x12
Skullcrushers 3x12
Weighted Dips 3x12

Pull 1 (B)
Deadlift 1x8
Pendlay Row 3x8
Facepull 5x15
Shrug 5x12 / Lat Pulldown 5x12
Curl 3x12
Weighted Chinup 3x12

Legs (L)
Squats 3x8
Straight Leg Deadlift 3x12
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x12
Calf Raises 5x15
Hanging Leg Raises 5x12
Weighted Decline Crunches 5x12s

Here's a routine that beats all routines

All except for deadlift sets are done using somewhere around 90% of your 1RM

Squats 5x5
Bench/OHP 5x5
Deadlifts 3-4x5 heavy warm up sets, then 1x5 of your 5RM

Do this every other day, nothing complicated, an absolute gains machine.

PPL my routine, i do everyday

Push

bench press 3x5
OHP 3x10
dips 3x12

Pull

Pull ups 3x5
weighted negative pull ups 3x5
barbell row 3x10
barbell curls 3x12

Legs

deadlifts 3x5
squats 3x10

its too much low volume?

Current routine:

A:
>squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>cable rows 5x5
>dips 3x6 (working up to 3x8)
>curls 3x10
B:
>db lunge 3x8
>bench press 5x5
>deadlift 3x5
>sup. cable pulldown 3x8
>lying triceps ext. 3x10
AxBxAxxBxAxBxx
Plus facepulls and core work at the end of each. Progression is +5lbs on each big compound each workout, if I fail twice at the same weight I deload 10%. Lunges and arm stuff I kinda play by ear, but I’ll bump each up a bit at least once a week.

My concern is that I’m not really seeing the progress I want to on bench press and OHP, and I want to play with the frequency of those lifts so I do them each 3x/week at slightly lower volume each workout as opposed to 5x5 1.5x/week. So, this is what I’ve come up with:

A:
>squat 5x5
>bench press 3x5
>cable row 5x5
>OHP 3x5
>drop dips
B:
>deadlift 3x5
>bench press 3x5
>sup. cable pulldown 5x5
>OHP 3x5
>drop LTE
Then add vanity shit like curls, facepulls and core work to the end of each. Progression stays the same on everything except bench only gets bumped up on workout A and OHP gets bumped up on workout B. Also considering doing squats, rows and pulldowns for 3x8 since it’s the same volume but would significantly shorten my workouts time wise.

Tl;dr:
>I want to switch from doing bench press and OHP 1.5x/week for 5x5 each to doing them 3x/week for 3x5
>I also want to switch from doing some exercises 5x5 to 3x8 to save time on workouts while getting the same volume

Would appreciate some thoughts on the matter

Attached: 1DB57120-A0BD-4A07-9FD1-968D0F55D534.jpg (1200x1174, 201K)

Is it dumb to do SS ABABxxx? This way I lift on days I don't work. Planned on doing light calisthenics if possible on off days

You need a rest day between workouts on a full body LP, doing this schedule will absolutely reck you my guy.
>inb4 I’m tough I can handle it
You’ll hit stalls early on, get frustrated and quit. Just do what the man tells you.

Fair point, thanks user

Please respond

Great points, thanks

bump

Am I retarded and doing too much? I take a week off every 8th week and have to eat like 3500 calories a day to maintain weight with this program.

Attached: 2019-08-19 10_48_02-Window.png (182x726, 16K)

10 sets of 3 squats, damn.

Whats wrong with the zyzz brosplit

Pic related

Attached: 20190810_114120.jpg (1080x3356, 802K)

It's a brosplit

It's a great routine for steroid users. For those of us not blasting stacks more attentions needs to be paid to progression and overload.

Just throw chest on top of back again then and do some things twice a week?

Legs*

You've got to select your assistance work more carefully than that. Doing your assistance work before your main lifts is just silly. A pre-exhaust might be viable for juiced-up bodybuilders but chances are you're neither. That's besides the point anyway; the "routine" is just a snapshot of a weeks training - there's no progression or overload built in nor is there any method of failure or fatigue management. It's literally just "do these sets and reps at whatever weight feels comfortable".

Thoughts?

I have time to be at the gym, so i add 1 more exercise in my push (DB press) and pull (weighted chins).

Attached: Capture.jpg (928x425, 74K)

I just add my weights in and progress with that so 100, 110, 120kg bench for 8 reps

On consecutive weeks or within the workout?

Progressing within the workout

The program calls for sets across though.

So I'd just do 110 for 8-10 reps 3 times?

If you were following the routine, yes.

There's my little bitch right on cue. I knew (you) would reply to me. Post sbd hank, we all know it's (((you)))

I'm running this routine ABxABxx how stupid is it?

Attached: B532C0F8-4425-4ED6-9CD2-52601AE83CDB.jpg (818x2152, 418K)

someone help

Either you're not using enough weight or you're spending 3+ hours a day in the gym. Props to you if you can manage the latter but there really are better uses of your time.

What's the progression regimen?

Anybody?

Attached: 52B36B13-127E-45FB-B773-332D273F3DFA.png (500x436, 267K)

Depends on your intensity tolerance but it may be better to add an assistance lift for 3 or 5 by 10 (depending on volume tolerance) instead of the increase in frequency at such high intensity. Doing 3*5 bench followed by 3*5 OHP, at LP intensity, is a killer. If you can handle it it should work great but most people respond better to volume than frequency in the upper body. Keep it specific though; no point in doing 5*10 bosu ball side lateral raises as your main assistance on OHP day.

Or you could do the "secondary" press for 5*10 since it seems you've already programmed assistance work.

but i take about an hour to do both push and pull

If you're doing 70 sets in an hour you're not using enough weight.

*40 sets

How do I know what my volume vs intensity tolerance is? Doing the 5x5 LP the first two or three sets are pretty easy at my working weights, then my form practically disintegrates in the last couple reps of set 4 or 5. Does that mean I’m less volume tolerant and more intensity tolerant, or does it just mean my cardio sucks?

At 5 reps it's probably a combination of both. If your recovery is on point and this keeps happening it's probably time to come off the LP and go on to more advanced programming. It's normal for form to deteriorate a little for the last reps of the last sets but if it's falling apart you're either not eating enough or you're ready for intermediate programming.

Greyskulls T1 (2 main lifts on the day), T2 and T3 progressions. I just lowered the rep ranges a bit.

Or, more likely, you're not resting enough between sets. At the end of an LP 5+ minutes is normal. You shouldn't be training metabolic conditioning with your main lifts.

Seems reasonable enough. I don't like to run AMRAP on anything but the last set (too many variables) but if it's working then keep at it.

Thoughts on this?

Hey friends, I'm trying to come back to lifting after a several month break. Any routines you guys have used that worked well while trying to cut?

Attached: 1330819316135.gif (320x240, 646K)

its pretty stupid, just run some 4 days a week pre routine from the app

seems very good for me

>seems very good for me
Thanks user

How do i know my routine is working if im a little fat and cant see the gains so easily behind a pile of fat?

Gonna try german volume routine

Any feedback on it?

Since we're posting splits, what can be done?

Highlighted: high intensity (80% up)
Bold: 60-80%
The rest: light work

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-22-13-06-06-01.png (548x979, 99K)

SS with chins, arms and abs