Powerlifting bullshit

If you took away a powerlifter's bench shirt, squat suit, multiply wraps, ammonia etc. and asked them to perform the lifts in full ROM how much would they lift?

I estimate their numbers would drop by 25-30%.

No coping or seething in this thread, thank you.

Attached: 1536406135912.png (719x475, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQKTEVds_rA
youtube.com/watch?v=5hYW8VavY1I
instagram.com/p/B1NEZZIgeR0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you remove a sprinters running shoes, how slow will they run the 200meter?

good point, but dosent really take away from OP's point.

Maybe a second or so slower. Running equipment levels the playing field. Squats suits and bench shirts are just cheating. You know what a raw lift is right?

at my gym there are plenty of dudes who cant even grip the bar for deadlifts without straps etc, i recon without them alone there numbers would fall by 20%

I recall that Kenyan guy that got sponsored by Nike for the Olympics and then the madman ran barefoot the entire marathon while holding the shoes.

>bench shirt
what decade is this? There's like three 60 year old boomers that still use bench shirts
>squat suit
It holds their body together when they're squatting 1k, it doesnt magically make them stronger
>wraps
same thing, safety

Why do small dick syndrome dyel's always have to shit on professional lifters for being smart about safety? You can't lift half their warm up with all that equipment

>what decade is this? There's like three 60 year old boomers that still use bench shirts
Bench shirts are word at all powerlifting contests other than raw meets.
>It holds their body together when they're squatting 1k, it doesnt magically make them stronger
You have an internet connection. Look at the difference between the equipped squat record and the raw squat record.
>same thing, safety
Multi-ply wraps are not there for safety.

Coping with taking part in retarded hobbies - the post.

> (OP)
>>squat suit
>It holds their body together when they're squatting 1k, it doesnt magically make them stronger

"holds their body together", wow just wow.

Clearly you haven't used one, especially if you're squatting wide stance the suit makes a huge difference. I've seen lots of guys who are clearly struggling with 315 raw get their suit on and start banging out reps with 455+

It's almost like there's classic as well as equipped powerlifting competitions

In the world of powerlifting nobody cares about anything other than equipped and untested since they're all fucking pussies.

powerlifting meme is still going i see
i thought this sport would die by 2010

bicep curl is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bicep curl.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce a bar off your morbidly obese gut for your little bullshit wide grip "bench press". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bicep. curl. is. king

Attached: 1564114078711.png (270x344, 52K)

he cute

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE !!!!!!!
THAT A POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COULD REALLY BE!!!!!
THIS BASED?????????

Attached: 20190821_143115.jpg (715x594, 284K)

Unironically

Attached: 8FF31386-FB00-4580-B363-BDCE932763A6.jpg (828x813, 422K)

>Multi-ply wraps

based

>what is raw powerlifting

If you want the answer to that just look at raw powerlifting. You know the most popular part of the sport.

I lift in a spandex suit in the gym

Does this also count as cheating?

Anything used for helping someone during a lift is cheating, change my mind.

Attached: download (7).jpg (259x194, 11K)

yeah, but you posted a picture of a literal cheater that powerlifters that aren't at westside hate

Westside IS powerlifting.

Powerlifting squat
youtube.com/watch?v=TQKTEVds_rA

Powerlifting bench
youtube.com/watch?v=5hYW8VavY1I

powerlifting is steroids, thats it. take away steroids and you have the most boring "sport" in existence

nobody here is accusing it of being a "sport"

Westside is a fucking joke to everybody that isn't a multiply lifting, high squatting, soft lockouting, roidaroo.

i see your hoff press, and raise you an elbow bend

instagram.com/p/B1NEZZIgeR0/

The equipped record is only 6% greater than the unequipped, and less than 70 lbs in difference. Certainly significant, but I highly doubt that someone who can barely squat 3pl8 could slap one on and rep out 455.

you've definitely never worn a squat suit then

The equipped SHW records*
Compare literally any other weight class and it's not even remotely close.

Don't forget that insecure little fags wear equipment - the best athletes compete raw, this brings equipped averages down a lot.

and even the raw fags are on steroids. just remember, konstantin konstantinov competed "drug tested"

powerlifting, or, how to be an "athlete" while possessing zero athletic ability

powerlifting is retarded for the same reason crossfit is, it's competitive exercising. it's dumb as fuck and the people who "train" it are universally big stupid assholes

you forgot 155lb 5'4 manlets that are too pussy to eat food and so tout their wicked 3 plate dead because its all about MUH BODYWEIGHT TO LIFT RATIO BRO

BASED

Watch olympic weightlifters and you see what a real weightlifting sport looks like.

weaklings detected

stronger than your manlet ass and i don't have to wear a squat suit to do it either pussy

>Wraps
Afaik multi ply wraps don't exist. You only have 2m, 2.5m, and 3m wraps. There are multi ply knee sleeves but those aren't comp legal

>Ammonia
I don't think there's any evidence that they actually improve your maxes

>How much would their numbers drop
It depends on the lift, their form, the tightness of the equipment, and their proficiency in it.

>Full ROM
Doing a lift to comp standards is full ROM you brainlet

Overall though, equipped is pretty niche, so your points are almost completely moot anyway.

>Magic
It's not magic, it stores elastic energy on the eccentric and releases it on the concentric. You do have to learn how to groove the bar properly though. Or just be stupidly strong enough to brute force it.

If everyone has access to the same advantages it isn't cheating

My raw squat max is 405, my equipped squat max is 545.

>he lifts equipped

Attached: you.png (226x223, 5K)

Hello newfag

This is the only reasonable post in this thread

>needs spandex to lift

no no, put the trip back on and stop samefagging

Based and redpilled

Not spandex. Singlets are closer to spandex than a squat suit is.

shut up you coping manlet no 1 cares

Attached: bujinkan.jpg (700x474, 48K)

You're replying awfully quickly for someone who doesn't care

Ask me how I know you have shit lifts.

t. squats less than 500lbs raw and is shorter than me

No coping/seething manlets allowed itt go somewhere else

Holy shit the autism. Have sex, unironically

bro you're literally wearing supertight clothing, you may as well be wearing fucking yoga pants kek

Lmao look at this projection to end all projections

I do, quite frequently

WTF is that thing under his shirt protruding out?

It's a board, Hoff decided to cheat in comp lmao. Westside is such a joke

Leggings are comfy dude. And yeah it's super tight clothing, super tight clothing that digs into you and hurts like a bitch. Burns like a mother fucker when you're really sweaty.

cope

seethe

cope

seethe

cope

all not allowed itt per OP's request

Attached: judo.gif (245x203, 1.81M)

Still more than you

The difference between an 11 second 100 meter dash and 10 second rush is like the difference between a 700 and 900 pound squat

plus the steroids

imagine buying special underwear to pretend you lift more weight, while still being able to be knocked out casually by a 135lb 15yo thai kid. hilarious levels of cope

You do realize that people compete in two different categories, classic and equipped, right? And if everyone can use the same equipment, then how does that not level the playing field?

lifting equipped is the ultimate cope. it's the same as lifting with plates with 55lbs written on them when its really 45lbs. a total joke

Attached: the ninja way.jpg (700x531, 98K)

It doesn't misrepresent the weight though. You do have the much weight on your back or in your hands.

you may as well just use hydraulic presses to help lift the weight, and call that equipped lifting as well its literally the same idea

Copers, I literally squatted 240kg on Monday (which is more than you)

if you really did that you wouldnt be seething right now. yet here you are

It's very obviously not the same thing. Wearing compressive clothing is not the same as relying on a machine to do the work for you. You still have to stabilize the bar. You still have the groove the movement properly. You still have to have the shirt or suit seated properly. It's still you that is in control, and ultimately you that is the main factor as for whether or not you get the lift.

>use equipment(spandex) to move more weight
>use equipment(exoskeleton) to move more weight
literally the exact, same, shit. the ultimate cope.

I'm not, the video just didn't upload

Attached: VID_20190819_142706_4.webm (1080x1920, 2.4M)

>it didn't upload guize
>its me guize
cope

This is a cope post.

Attached: S9fyGaD.jpg (680x723, 44K)

Here's episode 2 of your cope saga

>its different because my ego depends on it

Attached: you.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>Being deliberately obtuse or just impossibly retarded

Attached: mgyi3ehfk2s21.jpg (550x550, 32K)

tripfags literally cope factories i love it

Attached: you_kido.jpg (370x349, 31K)

it really would take a tripfag, the sort of person who goes out of their way to give themselves a name on an anonymous website, to be arrogant enough to have to hake how much weight they lift with spandex underwear

Attached: aikido masters employing techniques.jpg (700x392, 42K)

>half repping
>more belts and straps than a final fantasy character
imagine

even better
>sport

>I recall
>Rome '60
hey gramps

Cope

This is the worst thread I've read in sometime. Thanks OP

based and Dompilled

thanks for really changing my mind about equipped lifting, you really made a bunch of coherent arguments. not

Attached: boom snap.png (1468x547, 679K)

>all these equiplets cant even reverses band multi-ply spring loaded high box squat 1700 pounds at the top

Attached: Morning Sip.jpg (720x1480, 426K)

Agreed that adult equipped powerlifting is as gay as a penis up the ass.

Some context, though. Stats from openpowerlifting database.

Equipped is going the way of the dinosaur. Most *85%-90%) of the single-ply lifting in the US is going on the THSPA and it's high-school kids.

A full 3/4 of the ADULT powerlifting in the world is RAW. Belt and knee sleeves. About 60% of that is in the IPF where they have decent judging and at least the feet have to be flat on the floor during the Bench Press. Lifting with wraps was only about 18% of the participants in the last year, most of those in LOLfeds that also allow drugs. Single-ply for adults is less than 7% of participants, and only about 1% of the people who powerlifted last year did so in Multi-ply competitions.

It's hard to compare directly how much a shirt or squat suit nets, because most of the people who lift equipped are pretty experienced and relatively strong, but at the ELITE levels, most of the ELITE equipped are a step below the ELITE raw lifters. They way you tell is by their deadlifts. The deadlift results for equipped aren't on par with the elite raw results.

Best I can estimate, the bench shirt for the top men is worth another 60kg, and the squat suite with wraps at least 50kg.

>The deadlift results for equipped aren't on par with raw
You do realize that deadlift is the lift that benefits least from equipment, correct? If you pull conventional you're lucky to get like 30-50 lbs out of it. Sumo is better, but the combination of not having the weight push you into position, no grip help, and not having any knee reinforcement all work heavily against you.

Curling 225 is more impressive than a 225 OHP.
t. Kalipilled

I do realize that, which is why deadlift is the lift to compare and not that only fucking no-talent scrubs lift equipped, and that the elite lift raw.

But it makes a good reference for estimating what the fucking cheaters get out of their shirts and squat suits, because you take the average of the elites raw vs equipped, and then add in an adjustment for how bad the equipped deadlifts are.

bench us the wirst offended. blain is probably getting over 400lbs from his shirt, and thats just singleply

Powerlifting is a big fucking joke. There's a crew of powerlifters that come to the gym I attend around 7:00 pm and hog the squat racks for about 2-3 hours. I don't know how people can wait and stand around for 2-10 minutes per set and dish out 4-6 reps. My friend is 5'9 210 lbs and he dishes out 405 on bench like nothing, none of that arching your back bullshit none of that 5 minute rest. I work my way up to 315 within 8 minutes raised/crossed legs. I'm not on a bench longer than 15 minutes. I've never believed in any of that straps/sleeves/belt bullshit. If you're not meant to put the numbers up without all that shit than you're not meant to put it up. I can farmer walk 6 plate with chalk and 4 plate raw on each side. Why should we kid ourselves?

I am not a powerlifter but I do work out in a powerlifting gym. The guys there that use equipment are still ridiculously strong, though the particularly fatter guys look ridiculous with their two-inch ROM. I think a 10-20% strength in raw number decrease without equipment is a reasonable loss and likely accurate.

Based and barefootpilled.

god pl is so cringe, can't believe I allowed myself to get memed on into liking it by Jow Forums all those years ago

IPF powerlifting is not cringe

ipf is the most cringe
>canadian protein
>muh tainted sups
>blaine "only at the arnold, lol im tested" sumner

Attached: kelly.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>The deadlift results for equipped aren't on par with the elite raw results.
Fair post overall. Where does the sumo "deadlift" fit in all this? Is it a lolfed thing too?

Mate I feel your pain. At my gym there's this group of guys that are all literally obese and I've never seen them to more than 2 or 3 reps. Yet they reserve two squat racks the entire evening. I know they are powerlifters because they wear cute shirts stating so, so that everyone can know.