Fasting

What are Jow Forums's view on fasting?
Pic related is my lunch today. I had a upset stomach yesterday from drinking the night before, so decide that today I would fast and let my stomach heal up some. I plan on breaking my fast tomorrow at lunch with a lentil curry soup. I know IF can be very beneficial.

Attached: Lunch.jpg (276x183, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OMAD is pretty based IME. Got shredded as fuark.

Great for weight loss and maintenance, has general health benefits.

It’s already being coopted by grifters though, “juice fast”, “fat fast”, “protein fast”, small breakfast counting as fasting time, and all other modified fasting protocols work against the benefits of doing it.

>OMAD
Sounds based. I'll have to try it out. It sounds like how we used to eat. Hunt, eat, repeat.

Yeah, fuck all that. The science is there with straight fasting, and you don't need any gimicks, literally just don't fucking eat. Caffeine helps suppress the hunger sensation and your body goes into a catabolic state. Recovering with a high protein starts the building process over.

but how long is it safe to water to lose weight?

You can safely fast for up to 6 weeks if you have enough stores of nutrients. Only supplement that you will need would be electrolytes

I'm doing 18/6 right now and I'm getting decent results. Was hard at first but it got easier.

When I was 25 and fasted it got me to 210lbs and I was getting stronger. Now as an adult with a full time job, it is much harder to do. But honestly the best way to lose weight and get strength by far.

Bare minimum 48 hrs even if you have serious medical conditions

Can Jow Forums redpill me if skipping my breakfast for IF is bad? I don't feel bad or anything but I'm wondering if I'm fucking my shit up without noticing thx

Is it a good idea to start fasting if you've recently begun exercising and cutting?

Ive lived a completly sedentary lifestyle until now, and was a couple pounds overweight. Im biting the bullet and trying to lose 18 pounds by the end of the year to hit optimal weight. My plan is to workout 5 times a week and cut 150 cal from my daily in take. I should be at a 500 cal daily deficet from this.

I also wanted to try getting into fasting, but I feel like its really hard to start right now. Since Im making all these changes already Im pretty tired/hungry as is. When I attempt to fast it feels fucking brutal.

Should I wait a couple months till Im at maitenance mode before trying fasting again?

Sorry m8 humans evolved to need breakfast every single day and at least 6 meals with diet soda.
Enjoy your fucked up body because you're gonna die tomorrow of malnutrition

I lost like 20kg fasting

You’re better off fasting to lose weight than just restricting calories and eating frequently because your metabolism is going adjust down itself before you get to your desired weight goal, it’s an evolutionary mechanism designed to prevent you from losing weight. The calorie deficit, 6 meal a day meme diets people talk about are designed for bodybuilders (hint: not you) to slim down for competition.

I dont eat frequently to begin with. A small breakfast and then the rest of my calories are in the evening.

Im not sure how calorie deficets can be a meme. Ive varied between 1850 to 2300 over the past couple of years and have seen small variations in my weight accordingly. I know CICO is affected by things like metabolism, but the base principal is still there, is it not?

>Im biting the bullet and trying to lose 18 pounds by the end of the year to hit optimal weigh
You can do this in like two weeks fasting

Yes but it ignores the hormonal response to a fast vs eating less

Watch this for a quick rundown
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

2,500x14=35,000
35,000/3500=10
I mean it’s still impressive, but IMO not worth it. I can and have lost more than that by just eating less and going hard with exercise. Granted the only reason that worked like that is because I switched from being sedentary to training like I was in track and field lmao

Shut the fuck up faggot. I'm in 72's right now and do large compounds four days a week. On refeeds I eat clean and keto. I lost 15KG so far, and I'm perfectly fine.
Just do it. The first week is hell. After that it gets a lot better.

Watched the video. I see what youre getting at, but Id have to question if cutting 2k to 1850 is really enough to trigger a hormonal shift. The video seemed to imply that fasting is better than doing a drastic calorie reduction, which isnt what Im doing. Im basically just skipping a small snack.

>Shut the fuck up faggot
Rude :(

I know shit gets better after the first week. A couple years back I went from ~3500 calorie diet to 2k and lost 50lbs. The first couple of weeks were hell. Im only asking cause Im starting up multiple things I am unfamiliar with at once and wasnt sure if I was over doing it. Like that youtube video that another user posted said, fasting + exercise > fasting. I never would have assumed that, hence my first post.

First week on any diet is "water weight". If I eat clean I can drop like 8 pounds in a week. It's hell, but I've done it before.

Been fasting all day now and just found out that I have to work till midnight tonight. Fuck, was hoping to go to bed early.