/fat/ - new hope edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lard-elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous:

Attached: happyfatwojak.png (1001x823, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OK1zePxBJu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confess

Attached: 1497482549131.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Stop eating too much

Attached: 1479767524216s.jpg (177x184, 10K)

>tfw starting keto and riding my bike has helped me lose 25lbs in a few weeks
Down from 250 to 225, we're gonna make it

Attached: 1566329960215.jpg (640x800, 67K)

Working on it. Gonna intermittent fast / OMAD for a couple of days, see if that shrinks my stomach.

Really close to getting under 200lbs.

Threadly reminder that keto is the best diet

- burn more calories
- preserve muscle mass
- less hunger

youtube.com/watch?v=OK1zePxBJu4

Attached: keto.jpg (800x1587, 180K)

Attached: IMG_20190821_185512.jpg (1278x719, 185K)

I ate a quarter of large pickle because a coworker offered and I was hungry. Otherwise my diet has been coffee and unsalted nuts

Samefag

don't belong here any more but can't seem to leave

I had some chicken steaks for dinner, with halloumi and veggies. About halfway through the plate I felt filled, but I ate the rest anyway. I should have saved it.

Attached: 1540844850252.jpg (580x548, 34K)

Not quite user

I hate
>swims in condiments

I ate all contents of my candies box.
tomorrow I need to restock food so it will be test of will

Told myself I wouldn't eat anything but dinner. Had a snocone while I was out because it was so hot.

Today instead of apples and carrots I had three sandwiches with cheese for dinner. Also I've slacked off during my workout and used the shadow technique only for about half of swings I did.

I ate 4 extra crackers with cheese and 4 extra sandwiches with cheese.
I love farmer made cheese from my town :(

>nooo stop losing weight on keto!
>stop telling people it's a good diet!
>stop eating animals BIGOT!

Attached: 1560310128981.png (399x472, 173K)

do you only come here to get mad

I fucked this fat chick then ate pizza in bed with her.

5'11"
CW 225lbs
GW 165lbs then we'll see what I need to work on

I've started back up going to the gym and calorie counting at a 500kcal/day deficit.

Currently doing the SL app as lifting guidance + 20-30mins of cardio. What is the best way to lift to lose weight? Is SL good enough for now or is higher rep or high intensity better? Also open to switching to fasting rather than calorie restriction.

Attached: ExpandingBrainFasting.jpg (862x3832, 1.45M)

Guys i walked 7 miles today. Also got to see a hot black girl bend over like 3 times. I almost came in my pants lmao

Attached: 1552781546520.png (1080x720, 709K)

Increased calories by 400 and up cardio to 5x a week. I hope I still lose weight. It just some of you guys after pictures look unhealthy like holocaust picture bad. Hopefully exercise and lifting will stop this.

Don't lift to lose weight. Lift to build muscle.

Eat mostly protein. Fat is okay, but you want to burn body fat. No carb.

Fasting is great but on a longer fast you get no gains from lifting. Do shorter fasts like OMAD or ADF.

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

The muscle wasting is caused by eating carbs while losing weight.

If you eat low carb it preserves muscle mass.

Attached: mpv-shot0013.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

even if you keep 100% of your muscle mass when losing weight, you won't be ripped
fat people strength is horribly misconstrued, you're likely starting from zero no matter what so it's best to start early

at the same time there's no point dwelling on
>oh god I should have started lifting years ago
because the same could be said about losing weight in the first place. Just work from today on, that's all you can do.

Planned to fast today but mommy™ made my favorite summertime meal (spicy Italian sausage with grilled peaches and balsamic crema) so I guess I'm doing OMAD

Went over to my parents for dinner, they Made steak and potatoes with salad
I didn’t have a lot of potatoes so I think I’m under 1800 but didn’t track any Calories or Macros

How the fuck can the chicken breast I use be this low cal?

I usually grab 3 and cook them in the oven, chop them up and then make a stirfry with just broccoli. Makes 2 servings one for me and my gf.

How many calories would that realistically be? I'm usually estimating at around 400 cals and that's with about 300 grams of broccoli and around 200-300 grams of this chicken.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-21-18-32-16~01.png (1080x1483, 134K)

Measure it on a scale, look at the back of the packaging. Why the fuck are you asking us when you have all of the info?

the last 20 pounds really are the hardest

Attached: 1518013445827s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

I've been doing really well, bros. Last few years I have dropped 100lbs back into a healthy range. Severe overeater and now eating normal portions after training myself to do so.

3 months ago my brother killed himself and now I cannot get my shit together. I started emotional eating all over again and I'm putting the weight back on fast. 20lbs in 3 months.

What the fuck do I do, eating is the only thing that makes me feel anything other than miserable right now. How do I pull myself out of depression and quit being a bitch that eats my feelings away

Becuase everytime I see people post chicken breast here its alot higher. More than a cal per gram.
Mines saying it's 80 cals per 100g.

I wanna make sure I'm not eating more than I think I am. Other people's posts are making me think I am.

You'll be next to kill yourself if you keep it up. Sorry user.

But being a fat fuck won't bring your brother back. And you'll just be worse off for it. Lift for him. Eat healthy for him.

1 minute of mouth pleasure isn't worth a lifetime of pain and suffering.

Honestly don't worry too much. At most you will be 30-40cal off which is basically nothing.

That sucks dude. Maybe keep the food in your house to a few days' worth at most? Or keep stuff around that has to be cooked/prepared in such a way that you can't just rip it open and binge. "just stop eating lol" is hard to do, but go for a walk instead when you get the urge to eat. Put physical space between you and the food, even if you don't want to leave your house.

I like to use the app cronometer to log my food, I don't use it for everything but it uses generic information, meaning it will just say 'chicken breast' and will tell you the calories and all the micronutrients.

>tfw fat at a techno party
where everyone is glued together

>bump into drunk stacy
she scream "fuck off fat ass" at me while everyone is looking

>bump into manlet muscular chad
Tell me to fuck my mom and that i'm too fat to dance

why are people like this?

Attached: wojak4759.jpg (250x221, 17K)

you're just getting impatient
it's understandable

You're hanging out with 18-22 year olds at a club where no one is sober what the fuck did you expect.

I went to the gym yesterday despite the extreme anxiety I put on some headphones and pushed through it
I was going to go today but my arms and legs hurt so much even going up and down stairs, sitting down/standing up, it feels good in a way

Goddamn bros when did they update MyFitnessPal and why is it so ugly now?

I think it was last Saturday. I went to the gym pretty hard. When I got home my mom had a craving for Olive Garden so we went. I knew in the back of my mind I was gonna pay so I’m like I’m gonna treat myself. I ended up eating
>2 salad servings
>like 4 breadsticks
>family shared calamari appetizer
>the “tour of Italy” which features lasagna, Alfredo pasta and chicken Parmesan

I dropped $80 and what I can only guess was 2000 calories for me in one sitting

I'm on a plateau what should i do?

currently on keto eating 1300 kcal/day 6'1/260lbs

pray to doctor fung for the strength to endure a few weeks with no change on the scale
make an offering at his shrine if you get desperate

Hate to break it to you bro but that is absolutely more than 2000 cals at Olive Garden. Their shit is ridiculously caloric.

for chick breast raw (no fillers or flavorings added)
i go with 160 cal / 0g carb / 4g fat/ 35g protein per 6oz

It’s cool m8 I know I was a disgusting piece of shit that day. That’s why I confessed. It wasn’t a “I had a healthy amount of protein and carbs post workout meal”.

Drop 300 calories like a madman and tell yourself you're eating 300 more

divided by 1.71 for 100g:
94cal 2.5g fat 20g protein

You need to find something else that makes you happy, and everytime you crave food you go do that instead. Go ride your bike or go for a walk every time you get sad instead or something.

Starting Greyskull wish me luck

Started my 1000 calories a day back in April at 215lbs. Now I'm around 170ish lbs. Eat protein, drink lots of water and hit cardio along with lifting 3-5 times a week. I wish I started lifting sooner. If my 34 year old self can lose weight then so can you. Now just waiting on abs to show and handles to burn.

Attached: notmirinbro.jpg (1080x1920, 512K)

Play games. It's proven games are very good at helping people after a traumatic event because of the way they capture your attention.

Great luck with your skin. I assume its still a bit loose.

I'm not sure yet. I still feel the fat along my stomach but I'm sure there will be some areas to fill in.

Cuck

did you have fat on your chest at all? I also started in April but at 250 lbs and now I'm 191 but still have man boobs.

Yes, I still have a little in the lower part of my chest atm. I have handles, stomach and lower boob fat still. The last parts that took to slimming down. My thighs burned away quickly and so did a lot of my face.

Similar pattern Damn. How much more are you planning to lose. My goal 170 but its gotten more apparent that s still high

I honestly haven't set a weight goal. Now that I've started lifting I know the scale will be all over the place and I didn't want to deal with that. I just look in the mirror and pinch myself to check fat lol.

Despite all the variants of that meme I have not once ever found it interesting or entertaining in the least bit. It started stale and continues to be stale.

just go when you're not as sore, no need to overdo it early
I did this in early July just fucking forced myself to go lift even tho i am huge and weak as fuck. I got a lot of stares and snickers but fuck those kikes i am not there to make friends or hang out. Almost 2 months later and I'm making legit gains and am stronger than a lot of the same fags who were giving me shit in the beginning. You will make it it you put in the work. Simple as that

Don't feel too bad. Being fat is one of the most trivial qualities about yourself you can change because all you need to do is just put the fork down fatty. Their hatred is what will spur on your personal growth if you are a mature person who understands why they are saying what they are saying because fat people are inherently gluttonous slobs who don't take care of themselves.
Try changing your height or frame or a deep personality flaw because your uncle liked to snuggle up with you in bed when you were a kid. There are worse unchangeable fates than being fat.

Good shit man. How tall?

5'10" and thanks!

>step on scale
>175lbs
>almost to the 160s

Fuck I feel so much better than when I was 200lbs, I never want to be that flabby and weak again

well... if nothing else I made it further than last time before the routine binges started

FATHER FORGIVE ME
For I am the embodiment of weakness
I am the epitome of excuses
I practice not what I preach
I fold on every plan and I bend at every obstacle
I am not who I envision
I am not who I see in the mirror
I have become complacent
I am not worthy to be attractive
I am not worthy to be strong
I am not worthy to be human
Yet I will focus
Yet I will try again
Yet I will rebuke and reject my fat
I am garbage but I will not accept it
Please forgive me as I struggle to forgive myself

>at another base for a few months to do training
>temporary duty = free cafeteria food, not gonna turn that down
>but the cooks have no idea how much calories are in the meals they serve
I've been on a 1500 calorie limit for 3 months, but this makes things difficult. Maybe I should do alternate day fasting instead of guessing?

Attached: 1566231359885.jpg (540x443, 50K)

my family keeps having me cook calorie and carb dense food, and i keep complying
i'm still losing, but i am my own gains goblin

When they say don't drink your calories, does that include milk? I count all my calories and would prefer to eat a lighter meal and enjoy a glass of milk after a workout.

Side note, how realistic is it to go from 30 percent bodyfat and only able to do 5 push-ups before failure to doing 60 push-ups in a minute in 1.5-3 years? I want to join the military but I think I'm fucking doomed. I have gone from 40% bf to 30 in only 3 months. I'm not worried about losing the weight in that time but I am worried about building the muscle to do all those push-ups, sit ups, and pull ups.

do you drink milk?

keep the meals simple and take a food scale. look up approximations based on what you're eating. fasting is fine too unless you're prone to eating like a dummy on refeeds

I joined the military when I was a 130lb WoW virgin that ran a 15 minute one mile and could only do 15 pushups. By the end of basic I was running a 13 minute two mile and could do 50 pushups. Even the most out of shape fucker will get into shape as long as you try, they work you to death six days a row and your only break is on sunday.

How long do they give you to be able to pass? Can you join without meeting weight guildelines if you pass by the end of PT?

The second part is more important. Its hard to just make yourself improve. Its easier when someone is telling you to do it or you're fucked.

what are some good macro for CICO?

I'm gonna stop keto

What the fuck am I looking at?

Just eat meat and eggs. Nothing else.

all of them

Basic training is like 10 weeks or so iirc you have until the last week pretty much to pass, if you dont make the weight but pass the PT they tape the part of your neck that has your adams apple and your stomach at the belly button them subtract it to see if your BF is in regulation. I'd say try to make that because after basic it only gets harder to stay in shape once you get freedom again.

>tfw drink at least 4 two liter sodas a day

Attached: 1d23fcec2d8eb702c748ed4c908f19c49f2abfb17656d26ca67f7d1b50926198.jpg (205x246, 6K)

This sounds so odd its hard to believe. So its okay to join 10-20 pounds over expected if possible?

Yeah because you'll easily lose 10-30lbs if you're fat and gain 10-20lbs of muscle if you're underweight like I was. Thats why when you graduate they give people the option to exchange their uniforms for a different size because its common for someone to drop a size or two or gain a size.

/fat/goers take notice, this is how you roll with a day to maintain progress.
You want to avoid doing this. You cant know if you're progressing if you don't know what you're taking in.
Resiliency right here. Good work. Don't let it become a habit.
You won't need luck.
Be your own witness. You've almost made it.
If your binges are routine, change your routine. Even the slightest change to what you do can make it easier to change your diet.
Forgive yourself. This father is as absent as your own.
When I was at my heaviest, I would eat a pizza and 4 liters of soda per day. That's going to have to be the thing you tackle first. Regardless of if you buy into keto, having that much sugar shock your system will give you unquenchable cravings.

There's no easy way to do it. I had to go cold turkey. It makes it easier mentally if you keep your diet fucked up, but just cut out your soda. Eat as shit as you are now, just with water, and then work on your diet. You can do it user.

how is it possible to consume so much liquid

By having it in a minifridge next to you, never moving from your desk, and having it on an IV drip from the moment you get up.

t. fatty in remission

Replace 2 with water. Just 2 of those. Then an add 1 more water a week later. You should be craving water more then soda at that point. Then just replace the last one.

No, he needs to go cold turkey. Sugar is addictive.

>You should be craving water more than soda at that point

No. When you get to the size that 8 liters of soda daily puts you at, you'll just have the cravings burn for months instead of a week. That's a good system for food, but not soda.

Good job user. You just entered the end game. I'm at 175lbs rn used to be 209lbs, it only gets harder from here. I've been stuck at 175 for like a week and a half. We're gonna make it.

I love riding my bike. I think I will start keto and see if I too can lose weight like you.

i guess you're all Jow Forums now
good job

Have about 10 more kilograms to lose.Can't wait to finally be low bodyfat for the first time in 10 years.

Attached: IMG_20190822_103255.jpg (2266x3120, 1.22M)

Weigh the chicken raw before cooking, weigh everything raw. Cooked calorie counting is unreliable

>You have to weigh the water in chicken breast for more nutritional accuracy

Attached: 133bbc4a8bbb504b0454f443281d97e867aac4a5c876e8f190805caf195fbc5b.png (645x729, 107K)

Three things helped me get out of a similar gloom. Tabletop with good friends, reading fantasy/Sf and vidya like witcher series and rpgs in general. It is a kind of escapism but it will help you heal slowly while keeping you busy

I seriously need to recalibrate my threshold for success
Don't know how to snap out of this interminable mindset of "anything less than 100% means failure"