/MPG/ - Meal Prep General

Hey Fit, Let's discuss all things Meal Prep.

-Share some good recipes you've tried (with macros if possible).
-Best storage techniques.
-Cheap but nutritious meals.
-Etc.

Question I wanted to ask, I've decided to make and freeze breakfast burritos. How long do they generally last for in the freezer, also what's the best way to wrap them (aluminum foil, wax paper, ziploc, etc) ?

Attached: meal-prep-sq.jpg (590x590, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/q5nXEGv
reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex/comments/9wyode/being_single_is_hard/e9w1cz4/?context=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chicken, brown rice, black beans, broccoli.
4 meals per day

I legit only eat beef lentil stew all day.
Very easy to make, tasty and high in nutrition.
A true meal of a Warrior.

I cook onions and garlic in coconut oil in a wok while I cook rice in another pot. I add chicken and orange juice and sriracha and chunks of pineapple and peppers and broccoli one by one and when all of that is cooked through I add the rice. Portion pack once cool and you’re good. It’s a little carb heavy but there’s still plenty of protein and tons of micros, and good fat from the coconut oil (I use a lot). Store in oversized mason jars, which avoids plastic and also stores better in a bag (more vertical). Also, I think coworkers see meal preps in plastic as autistic but glass jars as merely eccentric.

Just hard boiled eggs.

Do you have a recipe/seasoning for the black beans also, how do you incorporate it?

> Also, I think coworkers see meal preps in plastic as autistic but glass jars as merely eccentric.
Absolutely gold m8

Been meaning to use lentils, heard great things about them! What cut of meat do you use for the beef, also how do you season your lentils?

Do you find there's a benefit to using coconut oil over olive oil? Also that sounds like an amazing recipe thank you, I'm definitely going to try that one out!!

Coconut oil is by far one of the most unhealthy oils there is. You might as well use some grease from your nearest kebap shop.

I like the taste better for a lot of the food I make, my wife and I practice tantra and it melts in contact with skin and is cheaper than massage oil, and the saturated fat is mostly HDL and won’t clog your arteries (which isn’t different from olive oil, but it’s a counter to the meme that it’s bad for you just because it’s saturated fat).

>make chicken
>fresh off the grill, delicious and juicy
>put extra couple pounds in fridge for lunches for whole week
>later, go to eat it, and its dry and nasty shit
why

Cool thanks for the info!

use chicken thighs instead of breasts, steam them to heat them up

It's all about how much you use, just like literally any other oil.

The moisture leaves the chicken when it freezes.

High smoke point
Not refined

Pretty based oil

Anyone know an app that could give me recipes? Don't feel like eating chicken breasts and rice all year again

I prep 500g boiled chicken breast for every lunch.
Nothing more.
It’s good macros.
I have more lean meat at morning for breakfast.

Chicken, quinoa, brocoli and a bit of guacamole
Every dinner.

Attached: 1474859390172.png (500x489, 106K)

>meal prep in Tupperware is autistic
>eats rice out of a mason jar

If you guys are eating chicken or rice on the regular do yourselves a favor and buy a pressure cooker. It seriously makes the best joocy chicken breast, and it keeps the moisture even after microwaving.

Attached: 51d+jK0anZL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 27K)

how is rice from this vs a rice cooker?

I prefer the rice from the pressure cooker, and it takes way less time. I haven't cooked rice in it for a while but its like 10 - 15 minutes. Just make sure you don't put too much liquid in with the rice, otherwise it gets kinda soupy. If you let the cooker simmer for a while it cooks the moisture off.

not that user. It just has more specific programs to cook other stuff, you can set when to start cooking so the food is ready when you get home, etc...

I got one and love it and helps me a lot with meal prep.

>Made chicken so often I can make it in 10+ different ways
>people fucking love it
>Im a happy cook now
yay

Anyone got tips for a 3300kcal bulk?

dont fall for the lean meats meme
bulking is way easier when youre eating 15% ground beef than lean chicken breast

>eating chicken breast and vegetables every day

Attached: 1553587926689.png (629x767, 651K)

>eating chicken breast and vegetables every day

Attached: 1445900203828.jpg (305x350, 15K)

duality of man

>meal prep
people actually do this LMAO

how about this for meal prep
4 liters of milk with chocolate whey

I bought a 70l pot and cooked 2 months of food in it
Each meal had 120g protein, 5 veg, 1500kcal
Each meal was frozen in a 1litre bag, then defrosted and cooked in InstantPot in 8 minutes

AMA?

canned black beans or do you cook them from dry? please tell me you cook them from dry.

chop the shit up and mix it with sauce and rice and veggies

t. underage or NEET that has time to cook it fresh daily
try having a job and prepping this shit days in advance. taste is a distant memory you try to bring back with kilos of herbs and spices smothered over your food

so mix it up, make chili mealpreps

Have you been diagnosed?

you guys are fucking making me hungry

Not yet

>>he dont want eat chicken breast and vegetables every day

Attached: 1556784098085.png (604x630, 353K)

Attached: D8012E9F-810F-43D0-ADD2-24916AF6D490.jpg (1536x2048, 542K)

Sautee onions and celery.
Add in bell peppers when the onions are translucent.
Blitz cauliflower in food processor, throw into a wok with some oil and chopped garlic. Add an egg and some chives.
Add black beans and corn. Mix it all together. Add a meat if you want (I like chicken livers). Super easy, can cook in large quantities, and can add herbs/spices as desired (I usually don't bother).

I'll bite. Ingredients?

Ingredients: imgur.com/a/q5nXEGv

More detail here: reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex/comments/9wyode/being_single_is_hard/e9w1cz4/?context=3

Attached: SvH8S7J.png (1755x737, 155K)

Do yourself a favour and put the spice mix in first. Do not put in oil first. You heat the spices until fragrant and then add the garlic and ginger and oil. You should stop using powders for spices too, way less flavour.