Will Humans ever set foot on Venus?

well is it possible?

Attached: Venus.jpg (260x260, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yzuv3rqHfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why the fuck would we? There are better places

fuck off we're full

Attached: F178F151-7C7E-415F-A827-EF4936207917-9456-000060679BFCD627.png (294x209, 132K)

It's 800 degrees with acid air. A floating city in Venus' upper atmosphere is a better idea than anything on the surface.

>this guy thinks planets are real

you forgot the gravity, it has 20 times the gravity pull that earth does, if you weight a hundred pounds on Venus you weight a ton

The Venus lander the Russians put down, both of them, were crushed and destroyed within minutes from the ammonia gas that covers the planet and the intense pressure

Attached: Venus.jpg (998x500, 62K)

Ayyyy lmao

If you could:

1) Accelerate the rotation (Venus rotates about 6.52 km/h while Earth is about 1600 km/h) so you have an Earth-like day/night cycle (important for plants and climate) - you'd actually want it to rotate a bit faster than Earth because it's closer to the sun.

2) Find a way to get several oceans worth of water onto the surface (Venus doesn't have much water)

3) Find a way to sequester a planetary fuckton of carbon dioxide to greatly reduce the greenhouse effect and give it a more Earth-like atmosphere.

Do these 3 things and you have a nice candidate for Earth 2.0

They already are of similar size and gravity, which is very nice.

If you could find a large enough object - something like a large moon - that just happened to have a lot of water on it, you could both correct the orbit and add water by smashing it into it.

Sequestering the CO2 is another matter altogether. Possibly release a microbe into the clouds that can metabolize it or add enough of a chemical to convert it to graphite.

Attached: venus.jpg (1262x1281, 181K)

Any remember that Battlezone game from like 1998?

Goddamn that was a good game.

More reason to let it float 30 miles up where there is Earth like pressure.

I already weigh a ton

Attached: retarded-pepe.jpg (600x484, 27K)

It's physical hell.
Quite appropriate considering the mythology.

>amerimutt education
Would you happen to know why Venus is titled as a sibling planet to Earth?

now you'll weigh 20 tons

>it has 20 times the gravity pull that earth does

No, no it doesn't...

It has 90x the atmospheric pressure, but the gravity is about the same (Venus = 8.87 m/s2 and Earth = 9.807 m/s2) or about 90% of Earth's gravitational pull.

What if we like, used solar sails to push venus next to earth, the we could tie us together and make over accelerations smaller and we could share water

Attached: 1509025589803.png (657x539, 110K)

I have a thyroid condition!

would you like to ride my face user~

Attached: 1515629494591.png (160x174, 64K)

This, the atmosphere of venus is so thick that it literally would crush you

>If you could:
>1) Accelerate the rotation (Venus rotates about 6.52 km/h while Earth is about 1600 km/h)
Wait, I remember from my Astronomy classes that theory of the moon was that when it was trapped, the tidal forces actually slowed the rotation, causing the oceans to act like a brake shoe and that life couldn't have developed into complex organisms without it, so how is Venus, without a moon or water, slower?

Like this?

Attached: 1526128384124.jpg (665x835, 55K)

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but that doesn't sound like it would work.

How the fuck would it have gravity 20 times stronger than Earth, when it's more or less the same size as Earth? It would have to be as dense as you.

Nigga the moon is tidally locked because it was formed when a big ass meteor split off part of earth while it was still molten

Venus is controlled by protomolecule

Brain scientist here. It sounds plausible.

They have set foot on Earth already, even visited the White House. Have a base on the other side of the moon also.

I say we first colonize and terraform the moon.
It's probably the easiest body to do it with, and not only due to how close it is.
We have zero experience on stuff like this, so we'll need to test ways to do it.

It's not a good idea changing the position or orbits of the bigger bodies of the Solar system.
Who knows if, in the long term, it'll cause planets to crash into each other.
The Solar system has had settled orbits for quite some time, lets leave it that way.

Attached: 1520577947374.png (1200x1600, 1.84M)

Fuck yeah it was. Probably the most underrated game of all time. Ejecting from your hover tank when it's destroyed is a fucking rush.

That show is in serious need of a few hot chicks.

>Believing what you've been told.

We just need a big straw to suck one of the earths oceans onto venus

Attached: od_1674_2_1365447896.png (500x272, 118K)

hehe no silly ;3

This. I've been to Venus and it's not nearly as bad as people say. Hardly any niggers.

Woah when I look at that picture I suddenly start to feel sick.

>so how is Venus, without a moon or water, slower?

Initial rotational speed. Remember all planets formed differently. Some thing/things impacted Venus and decelerated it. Think of a cue ball spinning very fast then you send another ball into the side towards the spin direction, it removes a lot of the rotational energy.

O YA KEEP MAKING DUMB THREADS OP AND ILL SET FOOT UP URANUS!!!!!11

Sounds comfy!

We can't even shield from radiation killing our astronauts well enough for a trip to Mars. ISS crew have to haul ass back to Earth whenever there's a major solar flare. Moon bases would be the most doable option.

Already there

Attached: a56554384d7caeb97c86926a5936bbcb.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Let's assume we're in the future and let's say we find a ton of big rocks with lots of ice in them floating around the asteroid belt. Why can't we just drop a bunch of those rocks to fill up Venus with water?

This....this is so dumb, it could actually work...

The Wolfenstein mission on Venus was probably the only interesting part of that game. I don't even know why I would try to destroy a civilization that managed to colonize Mars, Venus and the Moon in 20 years.

>well is it possible?
Sure but not before quite some time, temperature, pressure and the atmosphere are pretty bad, it would be hard to make a space suit that can withstand all of that.

I'll bet that the day we could try sending humans to the surface of Venus we'll have good enough robots not to send humans.

As said previously the upper atmosphere of Venus could be hospitable if we ever have a need for humans there.

Yeah, but I mean the tidal lock acts as a brake on the rotation of the earth, slowing it down and without the moon we would be spinning seven or ten times as fast, supposedly, yet Venus, the only other planet of similar mass is spinning at less than 1/2 of 1% of the speed of Earth.

Last episode we saw Naomi's ass and They cancelled the show.

>we'll send oceans to Venus
>just move Venus closer to Earth and everything will be fine

Attached: 1524550615269.png (768x752, 168K)

Well Venus also has a retrograde rotation and that's because scientists and astronomers theorize that either an asteroid that was travelling very fast or it was of such a size that when it struck Venus it changed the whole direction that the planet rotated.

I suppose the purpose of sending humans there would be to say that we did. similar to how people want to climb mount everest: not because there are resources there but because its a challenge. Are there actually valuable resources on venus that would make a robotic exploratory mission worth while?

honestly I read the books which I found very entertaining and then watched the show, I have to say that I didn't like it, I found it boring and the acting cringeworthy. Making a lowbudget spaceopera it is for sure not easy.

>Something hit Venus reducing its rotational speed
Temba, his arms wide.

Venus has no magnetosphere so the planet would get bombarded with solar radiation and other solar particles.

Venus is an odd planet. They actually found out a few years ago that it’s rotation slowed down by five minutes in like 10 years; all their coordinates were off because of this. This fact alone scares the shit out of astronomers because it destroys their “billions of years of stability” claim.

How do you think Mars and Earth got similar rotational periods (24ish hours) despite completely different characteristics? There is a reason why an orange colored celestial cow or bull is in every old mythology and artwork. Or why the sun god Horus on the horizon is the planet Mars.

>you forgot the gravity, it has 20 times the gravity pull that earth does, if you weight a hundred pounds on Venus you weight a ton
t. an imbecile

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01[1].jpg (645x729, 49K)

Yeah bad ratings. Where should I start after three seasons? (Book and Chapter No)

it is smalller than earth, so you are saying bullshit amerimutt

>With temperatures around 700K and pressures of around 75bar, the deepest 12km of the atmosphere of Venus are so hot and dense that the atmosphere behaves like a supercritical fluid

Attached: 1499841843772.png (128x128, 12K)

I'd suggest you to restart with book number 1 since there are more details, more action packed moments and it's way more gory. But if you want to skip that just start with the third book.

I agree. The only aspect of the show that I really liked was the intro
youtube.com/watch?v=-yzuv3rqHfw

Also in the book the protomolecule acts differently. It's more like a Dead Space kind of thing that turns organisms into disgusting visceral monsters, don't know why in the series they softened it.

I don't want to go through it again. I will start from the third book.

Interesting to learn about supercritical liquids. I’m keeping that fact for later. Thanks.

Naomi in the book was supposed to be a hot chick. In the series she is just a sassy tomboy.

I think it would be purely for science, sending something back from Venus must be incredibly difficult so it would too expensive for pretty much everything.

In our life time we may see cool things happen with Mars, the Moon and more but I'm pretty sure we will leave Venus alone.

Not gravity. You're talking about atmospheric pressure.

ETs lived on Venus millions of years ago. There is ancient ruins on Venus.

Attached: 1511315214045.jpg (600x403, 36K)

It amazes me to no end the Russians managed to get a few photos transmitted.

>implying bantering engineer girls in tight ice mining jumpsuits aren't smoking hot by definition
The neck tattoo just adds to the flavor.

CRASH EUROPA INTO VENUS TO CREATE EARTH 2.0

What a horrifying place. Why would anyone ever want to go here?

It's a challenge for us.
Challenges are what pushes humanity forward.
Humanity turning the closest thing to everyone's vision of hell into a home, that would be something.

Attached: 1519057895565.gif (256x192, 2.12M)

Maybe we can construct some space stations instead?

Attached: could city.jpg (2241x996, 2.5M)

its impossible at this current stage, venus is too hot and too cold for us. dangerous bruh, we could send a prob i guess if you have cash lying around.

>gif
What the fuck is that?

>Using imperial and metric units interchangeably
Leave it to the Americunts, guys

>too cold
Dude, it's permanently 460 celsius (around 850 fahrenheit)

Something sucking plasma from the Sun.

kek

its not possible because theres no possible way for us to make a rocket launch on the surface of venus and make it back to earth safely.. among numerous other disastrous problems.
human life is too important for us to take big risks like this for literally no reason

here's a steel wire which was subjected to Venus-like conditions. The atmospheric pressure is so great that it's close to the internal pressure of the steel, this allows the iron to crystallize outward.

Attached: 58473e6ee02ba78f1c8b7942-1878.jpg (1878x1906, 421K)

>tiny microscopic ants trying to move things millions of times larger than them.
yeah we're almost there

you aight

I hope so

then we could drop all the women back there and make earth great again

Our moon is pretty neat. The fact that the size of the moon in relation to it's distance to earth in relation to both our distances to to the sun is just the right proportions to allow a solar eclipse to be possible is a really rare phenomena. The odds of it happening on a goldilocks planet like our own is staggeringly high.

Set a foot? Probably not. Live in the clouds? Absolutely yes.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Jesus no you're fucking retarded. You're thinking of atmospheric pressure and it's more than 20x if I recall correctly.

That's a really cool picture

wtf is that?

Venus spins backwards, something would have to be done about that too.

The crashed ship in the Delporte Izsack crater.

Attached: 1523759134873.png (981x447, 398K)

>Venus is a sibling planet to Earth
That's what humanity thought before we actually sent probes there.

It's a sibling in the sense that it's a rocky planet roughly the same size of Earth.

No.
Humans will never leave earth (and have never left it)

finish education

lel underrated

He clearly didn't.