ITT Post fitness scams

ITT Post fitness scams.

Attached: 61lRtiDbUAL.jpg (500x500, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grantome.com/grant/NIH/R01-DK035393-06
store.nugonutrition.com/nugo-stronger-cookies-n-cream
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the double chocolate version of these aren't all that bad actually. They still have 10g of sugar though.

Good golly gee, 8 whole grams of protein?

They're okay dipped in milk, it's not the worst thing ever for a dirty bulk.

Muscle milk?
I honestly still buy them when they go on sale even though I know I can get more bang for my buck with powder

These are gross as hell.
For me, it's Cliff Protein bars - pb. Something like ~25g protein and around ~40g carbs.

>Whopping 8 grams of protein!

>broadcity cookie

>broadcity cookie

These are my kryptonite

2 servings in a cookie, so 16 total

Cliff Bars are so goddamn dry and dense that they're a fucking chore to eat

>no eggs
>vegan
Is this meant to be a good thing?

Personal Trainers and Personal Training Qualifications
£1000+ barrier to entry to be legally allowed to give useless advice

I like how chewy they are. Just drink a little water with it if you're that bitchmade
>not getting in those jaw gains

WOW SIXTEEN GRAMS OF PROTEIN

Well they're originally made for hiking and shit so the density is partly due to that. They actually have pretty great calories for how small they are. I don't mind it to be honest but there'd are better bars for general daily use because Cliff have lots of carbs.

It literally says 8g PER COOKIE on the wrapper dingus

Clif bars use onions protein, you're officially not making it.

Attached: images.jpeg-17.jpg (554x554, 25K)

this
>people at the gym constantly asking for quad gains advice
>I offer to train them as a bro, make a lot of friends this way
>gets to the point where people would rather ask me their questions than the people with 'Personal Trainer' on their shirts
>Arab PT gets mad
>tries to have me kicked out for training people, which is against the gym rules
>bro who works the desk saves me with, "There is no rule against people working in with him if they want to."
>Arab not satisfied
>bitching about the hundreds of dollars he isn't able to get from these people since they come to me for free
>BasedBro: "Well maybe if you could lift half of what he does people would want your program."

Attached: 1566510775174.png (500x469, 255K)

>and then they all clapped

>Not eating them as snacks before the gym
Lmao

Attached: 601283B8-1145-4C89-9326-2D483DF82584.gif (480x270, 1.37M)

>16 total
That's only certain cookies, this one only has 8g total. Not only that but the jews who came up with this grift got hit with a lawsuit claiming that their cookies had more like 4-5g protein per cookie, not 16. They settled out-of-court and went "oy vey, we stand by our claims! We just didn't want to prove them lol"
These things don't even taste good. They're there purely for fat fucks who want to get Jow Forums

cope

>posts a cope
>gets called out
>replies "cope"
I don't understand this meme

What's wrong with different sources of protein? It's literally just amino acids.

Are there any bars that doing contain sóy? The only ones I've found at my stores are quest bars and those taste like actual cardboard

>doing
*don't

There's this one fitness scam I've heard of where people are convinced that they find love by lifting enough weights.

Bodyfat scales.

Attached: bodyfat-scale---GW22029_300x300.jpg (300x300, 9K)

Make your own dude. Go buy some dates, some oats, some powder, cacao powder, vanilla extract, cashews, and water(I use almond milk because vitamin E is a preservative and adds a good dose of calcium). Mix that shit to a chunky consistency and spread it flat on wax paper, folding the wax paper to cover it completely. Put it in the fridge overnight and bam next morning you'll have bars with a weekish shelf-life. Do the math for how much protein you want in each bar, basic noots, and you're good. Costs like 75$, if we're including a bucket of powder, to make a month's worth of bars.
Do you eat 5 of these before your workout?
>literally just
No, it's not. There are identifiable differences between BCAA's found in plant and animal proteins. Regardless of what bullshit pseud you're going to try quoting, plant protein chains are incomplete. Your digestive and cardiovascular systems recognize the minute differences in the protein chains structure, and react accordingly. I'm not saying don't intake plant proteins, I drink a pea, spirulina, chia mix every few days, but I drink that shit for my joint health and as a supplement to all the other animal protein I'm taking in. You will see a noticeable difference in strength progression, fatigue recovery, fat distribution, and hormone synthesis if you rely on plant proteins, and not in a positive way.

There's nothing wrong with söï protein, phytoestrogens literally attach to androgen receptors without having any impact. If anything, they prevent sources of true estrogen from having as much of an impact on your endocrine system.

This guy gets it, plant proteins are fine, if used correctly in conjunction with animal protein.

I'm not even going to attempt to convince you of how retarded you are, here, Do you suggest that bromide is a suitable replacement for iodine because it binds to the iodine receptors and changes the intake of your lymphatic system? Despite all the diseases linked to iodine deficiency and replacement? Despite all the links between phytoestrogens and estrogen-related cancers?
I see you brother.

these are fine for general trend tracking

BUSTEED
hehehe, goddammit

UH OH

BUSTED
U
S
T
E
D

>own a bodyfat scale Made In Germany and tested by professionals
>always on 17% bodyfat
>take the whole grain-pill
>fibres start soaking in my guts
>gain 4 kg in a week
>pants still fit perfectly
>its literally only the increased amount of water stored in my body
>bodyfat scale now shows 19% body fat
>according to this product i gained 2% of bodyfat by going /fibre/-mode

It's a scam.

>i got fatter so it doesn't work

cope

Attached: wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (710x473, 126K)

I don't even count these they aren't a meal they are just a tasty snack

What's the error variance look like on these things?

The banana one is like crack. It's great

>these
Cookie cutter as fuck and if I ever see someone using them in my gym I'm kekking at them audibly.

Attached: scamgripz.jpg (450x360, 17K)

It's literally just a big, overpriced, cookie that tastes bad, had a too soft texture and has had some soi protein added to it. Whoever made it should be in fucking jail.

just a little snack, doesn't count

t. griplet

wouldnt even bother me if they didn't taste like absolute shit on top of having shit nutrition.

I bought a box of these and they fucking suck

I simply find them more comfortable because I have giant fucking banana hands. They don't even make the bar harder to grip for me.

Like +/- 200%. They're completely fucking worthless. They always say I'm around 25-35% bodyfat even when I'm at the end of a cut and clearly around 10%.

2 Jews don't make a riech.

BCAAs
Mass gainers
Most supplements except Creatine
Diet plans
Personal trainers, except some specialty coaching

"squats and oats"

Well what is the best protein based snack?

unironically hard boiled eggs

Yeah, but I was hoping for something less stinky to eat in public.

I work at CVS and we sell this.
$99.99 and you can freeze your fat away.
We actually sold a decent amount of these...maybe like 4 or 5 until we got rid of this display and put them in our regular weightloss section. Haven't sold any since no one sees them any more.

Attached: 20190202_183622.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

sorry phone posted pic cause cause i dont have it on desktop

unironically, protein powder

eat a steak. drink some milk. whatever. Eat a healthy, balanced diet and you will easily be getting enough protein.

Post body

Quest protein chips. 140 cal and 20g protein. They are kind of dry though so don't expect them to be as savory as regular chips but the cool ranch flavour and chili lime are quite good and negate the protein taste well. Also a bit expensive at 3 bucks a bag.

It's not really a scam though. It's cheaper than buying its equivalent in quality meat usually and it is much more bio available, not to mention it being very low cal. Easy to consume and top off after a workout.

I like how it says "freeze your fat away?" as if it doesn't even know if it works

Also it is actually possible to freeze your fat away, its called coolsculpting and it works but its more intensive than just an ice pack lol

Attached: ss.png (500x669, 303K)

Attached: IMG_20161102_113726.jpg (2526x1818, 1.16M)

Now I have tmj thanks

Uh oh, busted!
It's just a yummy snack.

Attached: deadlift_1.jpg (1188x1028, 107K)

The entire gym industry.
After a while it would just be cheaper to buy your own equipment

Is protein products the new age snake oil? I mean just look at this shit, ”protein cookie” ”protein brownie”
Do people not know that any excess protein you ingest literally gets turned 1:1 into carbohydrates in the citric acid cycle? You’re just paying a fuckton for expensive carbs

They don't stink if you don't ruin the yolks
A squirrel you found at the side of the road, raw

Schools don’t teach that. Blame them for brainwashing the population into being slaves to capitalism

You pay for a designated space that is maintained and kept up to date to go an lift. Not everyone has the room for in in home gym and not everyone is in their long term home (renters/Apts) that would make sense to set up a weight room

Not the guy you're responding to, but the scam isn't in the powder itself; it's the way it's sold. We're told that you need around 1g of protein/lbs. of lean mass to grow. This is pure horseshit. You can still grow on less than half of that.

That shit is a meme to sell supplements.

Quick rundown on these?

Attached: F2D_800.jpg (800x800, 44K)

What are your thoughts on these? I get them occasionally when I need to top up my daily protein intake without piling on too many more calories.

Attached: images (30).jpg (554x554, 23K)

Kek, I should have scrolled down before posting mine.

Attached: 1566719356959.png (373x436, 89K)

>45g
Holy shit, I bet it takes an hour to finish chewing these things.

honestly you've never experienced a true forearm pump until you drop these on some 100 lb dumbbells and do farmers carries with them

looks like my forearms have been brutally stung 1000 times by fucking yellow jackets after 3 laps

5-10minutes for me, although I'm usually doing something at the same time.
They taste neither good, nor bad, yet are satisfying to finish.

you know how i know you're a faggot? You shoehorn your shitty political beliefs in to a discussion about protein.

>4 different sources of soï
>a dose of whey
>a dose of hydrolysed collagen protein
Bruh, just make your own fucking bars rather than pay 5$ per bar for some garbage like that.

The pre made muscle milk pro series intense vanilla that is lactose free is the most disgusting shit

Not that dude but it's true that they educate everyone to think protein stays protein and more is always better. You know that if you don't get enough calcium, your body will take and convert protein to try and keep your bones up to pace, and vice versa?

>Your body will convert proteins, which are made up primarily out of nitrogen, carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen
>Into calcium

Pls turn some lead into gold for me oh great alchemist

thats not bad at all for a snack

grantome.com/grant/NIH/R01-DK035393-06
I tried to dumb it down for you but ight

Anyone else fucking love protein/energy/meal replacement bars?

I cant keep them in the house, I hit the store right before whatever occasion I need it and just buy one at a time. I could eat them all day, easily. I have to consciously check myself otherwise I'd eat them like a fat kid on Halloween.

I guess by "dumb it down" you mean "blatantly misinterpret the contents of a research proposal".

That doesn't say what you think it says, it's from 1991, and by linking to this proposal abstract you show an absolute lack of scientific background.

Now if you have any actual sources that I can read to get what you mean by "converting proteins into calcium" I'm very interested.

I gave you the starting point, but okay bitch about the study being continued in 1991, you can keep following that study route on your own. The findings of that research support my statement just fine. You're a faggot and a retard.

No u

all of these shitty products

Attached: dsc_0063[1].jpg (1400x787, 734K)

NuGo Stronger bars
the cookies and cream ones
27g protein
>no onions protein
onions lecithin tho. bros help is my superfood post workout snack going to make me gay?!
store.nugonutrition.com/nugo-stronger-cookies-n-cream

I thought it was the perfect solution.

Attached: NUGO SKRONGER.jpg (900x537, 288K)

>Diet plans
can you elaborate why?

Makes for a good cheat meal when I'm indulging in some halo top with my gf

(you)

Oh yeah that's true. 0.8g/lb is where it plateaus so I go for that much

Citrulline is a good supplement as well as fish oils but I suppose you could eat more fish too. Those and creatine are the only ones I take

I used to work at a store that sold these, they're so good bros. Too expensive for me to want to buy without a discount though

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-06-11-45-18(1).png (1076x927, 1.1M)

whey protein, beginner programs, bcaa