Routine thread

Official routine thread r8 and give feedback

My starting routine while I'm trying to lose weight aka being a fat fuck. On top of this I try to run a mile before hand

ABA BAB Monday Wednesday Friday

Attached: 87f8eefa8acb5f223b60e10653c6bb0d.png (168x343, 9K)

Wat r negatives?

Chin-ups

A
3x5 Row
3x5 Bench
3x5 Squat
2x8 Facepulls

B
3xF Chinups
3x5 Shoulder Press
1x5 Deadlift
2x8 Shrugs

I'm very very new and have no idea what I'm doing
is this routine I made any good
>I have only two 2kg dumbbells, and am Skelly trying to gain weight
I think I'm going to buy 4kg kettelbells today maybe, to upgrade

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-082413_Keep Notes.jpg (859x1018, 213K)

Guys, your routines are completely fine, but they are so close to Starting Strength, it's honestly better to read the book and follow the actual program. If you are just starting there's really stuff to take from there.

No, this routine sucks, especially with the weights you have. Go to a gym or go to a pool. If you can't afford it, find a calisthenics equipment in a park somewhere and do bodyweight stuff. Even the be stuff will be much better.

Here's my routine, basically nSuns for squat and bench, it works although I am not always progressing each week. 5/3/1 BBB for OHP, Hepburn method for pull-ups, because both of these lifts are not progressing linearly anymore. What's the verdict?

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-172734.png (1920x1080, 333K)

Here's my routine. Three sets, 10 reps each except for ab stuff which I do different. I do this every other day:

Chest press
Leg curls
Shoulder press
Leg extension
Bicep curls
Lat pulldown
That seated ab crunch thing
Weighted sit-ups
Pec fly
Reverse pec fly
Leg press
Seated row
Tricep pushdown

Also 100-150 push-ups during my breaks at work for that extra pec development

What're your thoughts?

I would suggest going to the gym so you can increase the weight - lower reps and higher weight gets better muscles from everything I've read. Aim for 10 reps

why don't you do compounds and save time?

"Abs are made in the kitchen" isn't true. If you want great abs you've gotta work them. Add some of that!

That would be nice, it does take forever. What would you suggest replacing with compounds?

how important is it to have a pre-made routine to follow? cant you get a good body with just lifting whatever until your muscles get tired?

Instead of chest press and tricep pushdowns, do bench or incline dumbbell sets and dips
instead of shoulder press, do overhead press or arnold press with dumbbells
instead of leg extensions and leg press, do squats and deadlifts
instead of bicep curls and lat pulldows, do pull ups
instead of the machine flyes do dumbbell flyes
etc
A:
1x5 Deadlifts
3x5 Bench/Incline DB
3x5 Dips
3x10 DB Flyes
B:
3x5 Squats
3x5 OHP/Arnold Press
3x10 Lateral Raise
3x10 Pull ups

Whats the best routine if you dont care about strength but just for aesthetic?

high volume

why the fuck are you squatting every workout lol

Thanks m8... I was asking for a routine though

DESU that'd take longer since the bench stuff at my gym is always occupied but the chest press machine is always open lol

I don't wanna risk the lower back issues that screwing up with squats and deadlifts might bring. I'm satisfied with my legs so leg stuff is just maintenance at this point really

Just so you know is telling you lies. High volume doesn't get you muscles. Aim for 10 reps

Attached: 1567436184523.jpg (1158x1064, 313K)

5x10 Arnold Press
5x10 Lateral Raises
5x10 Dumbbell Shrugs

3x5 Deadlifts
4-5x10 Pullups
4x10 Cable Rows

5x10 Leg Press/Squats
5x10 Calf Raises
3x20 Hammer curls

5x10 Incline DB/Bench
5x10 Dips/Triceps pushdown
5x10 Flyes

cardio and ab-roller/crunches every gym session

>not squatting every other day of your life for thick juicy glutes

do you wanna make it or not

I've been doing greyskull with some extra stuff for about two months now and been gaining nice noob gains.
I lift for aesthetics and being big should I switch to ppl after that?

Isnt 10 reps high volume? so like 3x10? and how often should you progress weight? im too scared to go too heavy

7 Man Makers
7 Push-ups
7 decline sit-ups
7 push-ups
7 pull-ups
7 push-ups
7 decline sit-ups
7 push-ups
7 man makers

Do this daily, eat right, run at least a mile per week. You’ll be carved outta wood.

lol post that body in the next 7 minutes, I wanna see what the Daniel 9 routine yields

Been doing this every third day.

BANE DAY (Back&Shoulders&biceps)
>underhand bentover rows (hits mid traps)
>upright rows or highpulls
>side lateral raises (makes upper traps wider+hits delts)
>heavy deadlifting
>bicep curls
>barbell shrugs
>alot of dumbbell shrugs

Attached: banexd.png (1100x800, 52K)

>No, this routine sucks
what should I change, I'm planning to go to a gym soon but I want to do home workout too, should I buy the 4kg's or is that also a bad idea?

A
bench 3x5, 3x10
squat 3x5, 2x15
chinups 3x5
pendlay rows 3x12

B
ohp 3x5, 3x10
deadlift 3x5
chinups 3x5
dips 3x15

I do A and B alternately every other day. Then do grip/abs/facepulls after the main routine

Attached: 1494213796654.png (273x391, 191K)

Finally a good thread on Jow Forums.
My friend told me my routine is fucking retarded, because I'm only training legs and there's not enough volume.
Can anyone confirm this is true? Also he said several compound movements per session is too taxing on the body, which in my experience is very true.

Attached: prgrm gym gyom.png (205x165, 4K)

omad during weekdays, minus one day if necessary for social/wife reasons. late morning workout, fasted:

rowing, concept2 damper 7.5 drag factor 170: 3 x 500m sprints, all-out. 1 x 1000m sprint, 75% for half, then all-out. Recovery time.

2 sets flat dumbbell press. 2 sets dumbbell overhead press. 2 sets dumbbell bent arm lateral raises. 2 sets curls of varying types. push-ups, planks until shaking uncontrollably. right now 5x / week, eventually 7x / week, maybe a month from now.

i thought this might be incomplete but my back and legs are btfo rowing and my hiit cardio went from zero to “not terrible” fairly quickly. Going all out helps master the “don’t puke” thing. I’ve been in a few street fights along the way and every time you feel like you want to puke after, so I think this is helping with fitness. I started with three sets but you just can’t do that every day. Seems like you can with two and rest, though.

Rule of thumb is train every muscle 2-3x a week and use a volume which allows you to recover week by week.

For a weightlifting routine focused on hypertrophy just do 75% of your workouts in the 8-12 rep zone and the remaining 25% with 4-8 or 13+ reps.

Weightlifting is about finding what works for you, try some routines. Push Pull Legs is very popular.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I've been messing with PPL variants for a while and this is the one I'm currently on. It's esstentially PPLxPPx, but some of the arms and delt work are spread out. My goal is to keep increasing the volume and load, I want to do 4 sets on the big lifts but I'm just not recovering fast enough yet.

Day 1:
Flat Barbell Bench, 4-8x3
OHP, 6-8 x3
Decline Cable Press, 8-12x3
Lat Raises, 8-12x3
Leg Raises

Day 2:
Barbell Row, 6-8x3
SkullCrusher, 8-12x3 (staggered)
Lat Pulldown, 8-12x3
Rear Delt Machine, 8-12x3
Barbell shrugs, 6-14x3

Day 3:
Stiff Leg Deadlift, 6-8x3
E-Z Bar Curl, 8-12x3(staggered)
Leg Press, 8-12x3
Calf Raise, 10-14x3
15mins of ab work on the matt

Day 4:
Rest

Day 5:
Inc DB Bench, 8-12x3
Dips, 8-12x3
Pec Fly Machine, 8-12x3
DB Overhead Press, 8-12x3
Front Raise, 8-12x3

Day 6:
Chinups, 10-12x3 (will which to weighted when I can do 13x3)
Seated Row, 8-12x3
Face Pull, 8-12x3
Back Extention, 8-12x3
Cable Crunch, 10-14x3

Day7:
Rest

Im doing PHUL now. Thoughts? I was thinking about running 5/3/1 boring but big as well

To add:
One Leg day because my Legs grow fast as fuck, I even have to limit the progression on them. It does make me think how huge I would be if my upper body was as genetically strong as my legs.

The reason for moving Skullcrushers and E-Z Bar Curls was because OHP was suffering from having Skullcrushers done just before them.

1.work the front of your body.
2.work your lower body
3. Add squats with weight, deadlifts, pull ups or lat. pull downs, dips and face pulls to round out the rest of the body.
4. Profit

Stop posting routines without posting your body you retards

The definitive autists workout

If you're doing any less than 20 sets in a workout you're a literal bitch

I'm a beginner(2.5 months of lifting) and I started doing nsuns 5/3/1. People told me that it's too much volume but I feel completely fine.

How do progression work in hypertrophy routines? Like how often do you add weight and how much? I dont wanna lift too heavy weights cause im scared of injuries and i dont care about fuckin 1234 or whatever its called

and not a single body was posted...

What's a good 3-day split for hypertrophy? Please no meme exercise

Attached: 1534130943808.jpg (1575x900, 376K)

Whats a good 4x a week ppl hypertrophy routine? Something thats already written and proven effective i dont wanna make my own

I do wave periodisation.

I'm gaining about 2.5kg on my bench a month, was at 70kg for 8 four months ago, now at 80kg.

It looks something like this, I do 3 week cycles. Use your judement when to do a deload week (they're important for me, I need one every 6 weeks or so)

Week 1: 70kg - 8, 8, 8
Week 2: 72.5kg - 7,7,6
Week 3: 75kg - 6,5,5

Week 4: 72.5kg - 8, 8, 7
Week 5: 75kg - 7,6,6
Week 6: 77.5kg - 5,5,4

Week 7: 75kg - 8,7,7
etc..

It's quite simple to make your own though.

Take a standard PPL routine then fit the same excerises and volumn into it.

Push1 + Half of legs1,
Pull1 + Half of legs1,
rest
Push2 + Half of Legs2,
Pull2 + Half of Legs2
rest
rest

Sounds like your mate is a DYEL faggot

What 1 exercise do you recommend I add to each day as an accessory for aesthetics?

Attached: Phrak's GreySkull LP.png (547x465, 47K)

I only focus on the compounds. Supplement work could be anything as long as I am not floored.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07-19-05-38-99.png (468x637, 66K)

Idk some ppl routine i see im not sure if its hypertrophy? Since some are 3x5. Should i just change them all to 3x8-12?

day 1 incline flys
day 2 side-lateral raises
day 3 bicep curls

>deadlifts, pull ups
I wish I could do those, but I really don't have the resources

Will I get big with this program? I'm a dyel myself

Anyone have a good intermediate bodybuilding routine? I have the following in my garage and have been doing basics:
barbell + squat rack
pull up bar & dip bar
flat bench
dumbbells

The weights are in kilogrammes. I am running this from Monday to Thursday, because I can go to the gym on these 4 days.
Monday and Wednesday I also to 2×12 bicep curls, skull crushers, lateral raises and facepulls, while on Tuesday and Thursday I do tricep, neck, abs and calf work as accessory.
What are your opinions on this?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07-13-23-38-621_com.android.chrome.jpg (720x535, 93K)

as long as most (~75%) your lifts are in the 8-12 rep range you'll be fine. Typically people program the big compound movements in the lower rep range because the strength gains are beneficial to overall growth.

Breh do some deep lunges and barbell glute bridges to really hit it

Also know your limits.

The benefit of 6 day training routines is to spread the volume throughout the week so you have more energy to complete the excerises.

Doing 8+ different excerises in a single session is tough and will take over an hour.

Post body

Trying a new one.

LIFTING M W F

A
SQUAT 3x5
PUSH PRESS 3x5
ROW 3x5

B
FRONT SQUAT 3x5
OHP 3x5
CLEAN 3x3

CONDITIONING

Kettlebell stuff on Tuesday and Thursday.
Judo/BJJ Monday, Wednesday, Thursday

Attached: 1566931794943.webm (640x640, 2.77M)

im dumb so what does 75% mean? is this 75% of the weight i can do? for example i can do deadlift of 75kg for 3x5. whats the 75% of that?

> big compound movements in the lower rep range
this is what im doing right now since im on an lp program. but i dont want to add more weight anymore. Like my dl im on 75kg and i dont wanna go over that

lol my current routine is 3xfull body and i went overboard on my accessory cause i wanna spend the most time in the gym but 2 months in its getting tiring. i want to do a 4x split but dont know whats a good routine

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.03.01 PM.jpg (616x1420, 251K)

75% refers to the total amount of lifts you're doing in a given day, in this case. He's basically saying do 1-2 heavy compound exercise, then fill the rest of your day with accessories in the 8-12 range.

In terms of intensity, 75% would be 75% of your 1RM. It could also be 75% of your 5RM, but that's laughably low and not worth doing. To find 75% of what you're doing for 3x5, you'd either have to go for a 1RM attempt, and take 75% of that, or use a 1RM estimator, which you can find by googling, then take 75% of that number.

fuck.. i hate all these numbers its so damn technical why cant i just lift til my muscles hurt?

Wait til you find out that your muscles hurting doesn't necessarily mean you're making gains.

The numbers are so that you can always keep improving, so that for once you can be good at something. If you do anything in your life to be average at it, then you'll never make it. Always try to be better than everyone else.

A
>db press 3x10
>ohp 3x10
>incline db press 3x10
>cable flies 3x10
>dips 3x10
>tricep push downs 3x10

B
>deadlift 3x5
>pendley rows 3x10
>barbell rows 3x10
>lat pulldowns 3x10
>cable row 3x10
>hammer curls 3x10
>cable curls 3x10

C
>squats 3x5
>leg curls 3x10
>leg extensions 3x10
>calf raises 3x10

Rotation
ABCABCx

Attached: image.jpg (1200x800, 218K)

>531 BBB
>nsuns
>hepburn method
what a clusterfuck of a routine
Also post body

I started lifting around a month ago, i made my own routine with stuff im familiar with anything i should change?
I go 5 times a week btw.
Workout A:

Deadlift 1x5
Lying Leg Curls 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x6
Cable Rows 4x6
Dumbbell / Hammer Curls 6x8
lots of face pulls
Dips 3xfail

Workout B:

Squats 3x6
Leg Press 3x8
Bench Press 4x6
Side Lateral Raises 3x8
Dumbbell Shoulder Press / incline 3x8
Triceps Pushdown (rope) 3x8
Overhead Triceps Extension (rope) 3x8
Pec-Deck Machine 3x6

Cardio:
10 minutes on treadmill every day (getting fit for military soon)

do you recommend i continue with my 3x5 lp then? since you said my lifts are still low?

but the thing is, i really dont want to go up on weights anymore as to avoid injury and my paranoia is crazy ever since i get a small back pain.

cant i get a decent body even with "laughably low" lift numbers? im sure not everyone lifts 100kg of weights right lol

Pls give me routine without deadlifts and squats i beg you

Attached: nuuu_0.png (882x758, 24K)

My full-body one up there has none

Wise choice, your lower back will thank you

Are you ok with trap bar deadlifts?

Got this from an user here. Started day 1 yesterday and do my own ab shit on top of it. I picked it because I was doing sl before and having trouble deciding what to do next. It also had some exercises I've never done so that intrigued me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190905-063251.png (480x854, 111K)

Why the fuck would you want that? To get work done in squats you need to do leg extensions, leg curls, abductor and adductor work and hyper extensions. Why spend one hour training shit you can train in 10-15 minutes?

I also switched chin ups to pull ups for chest/back day.

Post routine? My lower back is always fried and my recovery is going to shit

>Push Push Legs

Compounds are 3x5+
Warmups for compound are empty x 8, 50% x 4 then 75% x 2
Move to 531 when 1/2/3/4

Tuesday
Squat 145lb
Bench 150lb
Row 135lb
Pullups
{ 3x8 Lateral Raises
{ 3x8 Curls
[ Pushups (56)
[ 5x10 Calf Raises

Thursday
Deadlift 1x5+ 245lb
Overhead Press 70lb
Chinups
Dips
( Facepulls 3x8
( Shrugs 3x8

Saturday
Same as tuesday

Post it pls
Bad hernia

Mine is

Push
DB press 10x3
Incline DB press 8x3
Flies 12x4
Shoulderpress DB 12x3
Egyptian Lat. raises 12x3
Facepulls 12x3
Triceps pushdowns with rope 12x3
Rubber band prehab rotator cuff 12x3 + 12x3 (don't know names)
Gymnast legraises
Wristrolles 12x3 both up and down.

Pull
Deadlifts 10x3
DB rows 10x3
Sitting curls 8x4
Wide pull-ups 7x3
Facepulls 12x3
Landmine 180degrees 18x3
wristrolles 12 x 3 both up and down

Legs
Squats 8 x 3
hip thrust 12 x 3
lunges with 12 kg dumbells 20x3
calf raises- standing 12x4
Shrugs 8x4
wristrolles both up and down
crunches 65 degree angle 12 x 3

added on a bunch of stuff so resting is kept to a minimum, trying to fix what's lagging and sort out my forearms, totalt weight loss so far 38 kg.

Attached: dyel.jpg (900x1600, 88K)

I didn’t say your lifts are low. They are, but what I said is that taking 75% of your 5RM, is a low number for anyone. Obviously it is subjective, 75% of my 5RM is higher than yours, but even still it’s not heavy for me and nothing more than a warm up.

You can look better with low numbers, focus more on muscle contraction and time under tension. It's one of the only ways to maximize progress with limited weight or being weak. You’ll have to eventually add weight and get stronger however.

As an aside, regarding your back pain- one, make sure your form is correct. Two, you don’t have to deadlift. You should, but there aren’t any necessary exercises (except face pulls). Only listen to part of what these faggots here say when they insist on necessary exercises.

manlet with manlet penis
hahahaah
manlet

A
bench 3x5, 3x10
squat 3x5, 2x15
chinups 3x5
pendlay rows 3x12

B
ohp 3x5, 3x10
deadlift 3x5
chinups 3x5
dips 3x15

I do A and B alternately every other day. Then do grip/abs/facepulls after the main routine

Attached: FB_IMG_1566218574324.jpg (501x501, 38K)

christ thats a lot of execises, you only do it once a week right?

yeah, tried doing it twice a week earlier this year but my body broke down. so chilling with this once a week until I hit my goal weight and can start eating my maintenance

Yeah of course ill increase the weight but not every workout like in an lp program. Ill only increase once i hit my goal reps. Like what i do on my accessory lifts. I wanna do it too on my main lifts since currently i add weight EVERY workout

Wait are you saying facepulls are necessary? Cause i dont do them anymore

Your progression scheme will work, albeit slower.

Face pulls are great for your posture and shoulder health. They aren’t necessary unless you’re Jeff, but I do recommend them highly.

Buy a barbell, not dumbbells.

Post body

Uh gym?

Is CoolCicada's PPL any good?

Attached: CoolCicada.jpg (476x1194, 152K)

>bench heavier then squat
???

3xN Squat
A:
Superset
3xN Bench
3xN Rows
Giantset of accessories

B:
3xN Deadlifts
Superset
3xN OHP
3xN Chinups
Giantset of accessories

It's pretty great
Got pretty good gainz

4 to 5 days per week upper body calisthenic circuit training targeting everying abs included

Is this routine for hypertrophy?

Thanks user, will start doing that routine asap

Why do you faggots do 3 of everything? My autism makes me do 4 of everything for some reason. And at least 5 sets for big compound lifts, at least 5 sets, at least.

> christ thats a lot of execises,
Not really, I at least that amount of work and then some 6 times a week. But the workouts tend to be 2 hours long....

test

What's with all the 20-30 minute entrepreneurship/time management workouts? You guys will never get big if you're afraid of volume.

I'm doing a modified Greyskull LP routine (so it's based on compound movements). I feel like I have too many exercises so can anyone help me condense it down?

Week 1 (three day routine):

DAY 1 & 3

A - 4x7 Barbell Overhead Press (light, medium, heavy, PR attempt)
B - 2x7 Pull ups
C - 2x7 Chin ups

Superset as A, B, A, B, A, C, A, C

D - 3x7 Dips
E - 1 min Hanging Leg Crunches (works as Deadlift as well)

Superset as D, E, D, E, D, E

F - 3x7 Dumbell Bench Press
G - 3x10 Hammer Curls
H - 3x10 Lateral Raises

Superset as F, G, H, F, G, H, F, G, H

I - 3x5 Barbell Rows
J - 3X5 Squats

No Superset

DAY 2

A - 4x7 Barbell Overhead Press (light, medium, heavy, PR attempt)
B - 2x7 Pull ups
C - 2x7 Chin ups

D - 3x7 Dips

F - 3x7 Dumbell Bench Press
G - 3x10 Hammer Curls
H - 3x10 Lateral Raises

I - 3x5 Barbell Rows
J - 1X5+ Deadlift

No Superset

Week 2 (three day routine):

DAY 1 & 3

A - 4x7 Barbell Bench Press (light, medium, heavy, PR attempt)
B - 2x7 Pull ups
C - 2x7 Chin ups

D - 3x7 Dips

F - 3x7 Dumbell Overhead Press
G - 3x10 Hammer Curls
H - 3x10 Lateral Raises

I - 3x5 Barbell Rows
J - 3X5 Squats

No Superset

DAY 2

A - 4x7 Barbell Bench Press (light, medium, heavy, PR attempt
B - 2x7 Pull ups
C - 2x7 Chin ups

D - 3x7 Dips

F - 3x7 Dumbell Overhead Press
G - 3x10 Hammer Curls
H - 3x10 Lateral Raises

I - 3x5 Barbell Rows
J - 1X5+ Deadlift

No Superset