Oh no no no no, Oberst just zeroed 350 kg axle deadlift at Giants Live. Remember boy, don't do deadlifts

Oh no no no no, Oberst just zeroed 350 kg axle deadlift at Giants Live. Remember boy, don't do deadlifts

0 reps

Attached: oberst0.png (1060x538, 1.08M)

Attached: 0berst.png (449x535, 237K)

What’s the deal with strongmen and being fat fucks

Attached: chad virgin laugh.png (600x536, 253K)

Weight moves weight

Terry Hollands just did bodybuilding show 3 weeks ago, He was 6% bodyfat not so long ago and he still did more deadlifts than Oberst

Where are you watching? Link?

People don’t seem to understand why he said don’t do deadlifts. His deadlift is world class, elite. For him, doing routine deadlifts of almost 900 lbs is very risky, but he is vastly out of touch for the normal person. Deadlifts for a guy who is lifting 300 lbs is not all that risky. But for him, he has reached diminishing returns, and he is forced to do them because of his sport. He is absolutely right for his own case, but for the majority of people, he’s wrong.

Read the sticky dumb fuck

>His deadlift is world class, elite

Obviously not at all. He has one of the weakest deadlifts among strongmen.

Dude shut the fuck up.
It’s no coincidence that the guy who said “deadlifts are really not a good exercise. t-they’re dangerous... stop deadlifting guys im super srs” is notoriously bad at deadlifting. This is not the first time he has been the only competitor to bomb out when it gets to be time for deadlifts.
This is what his stance is based on. If he was good at deadlifts he wouldn’t be trying to belittle them.

>obviously hes not world class elite, he only gets invited to all the international strongman comps consistently
Your brain on less than a month of lifting everyone

>t.Obercuck
>He is absolutely right for his own case, but for the majority of people, he’s wrong.
Wrong all around. The conversion of 350kg is only 770ish pounds. He didn’t get one rep. Powerlifters half his size do that weight for reps. There is not excuse when the only fucking lift that shows your overall strength in strongman is deadlift.

Yeah but they’re all elite deadlifters lmao. Being the weakest of elite deadlifts doesn’t make your deadlift objectively. A 900 lb deadlift is very uncommon, and like you said, he’s one of the weakest deadlifters there.

He gets invited to strongman competitions, not deadlift-only powerlifting meets.
His deadlift ability is not on par with his strongman ability.
Kill yourself

>unless you are competing to deadlift theres better options with less risk of injury if youre a sportsball player or just a normal dude
Yeah still gonna not fall for HeSaId DeDlifFs BadD meme

Being the last in a race is still fucking last, quite your coping. Why are you defending this guy when it shows that what he preaches does not work?

WHO THE FUCK watches a deadlift only meet? People wanna see insane looking shit. Nobody gives a fuck how heavy you can pick off the ground when pulleys are a thing

You stupid fuck, you said his deadlift is world class when he can't even lift 350 kg for 1 rep. WR is 500 kg, 400 kg is considered mediocre deadlift for top strongmen.

>unless you are racing theres no need to drive your car over 100mph
BRO HE JUST LOST THE RACE WHY THE FUCK WOULD I TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY

Having a sub 770 pound deadlift is not elite or world class for someone who is as big and heavy as him. He’s a professional strongman. There’s really no excuse to be so bad at deadlifting. Stop making excuses

You’re still failing to see the connection. His opinion is not shared by other people in the strength and coaching communities. If you can’t see why that is then you have very poor pattern recognition ability

Robert please go

I’m not, fag. I agree he’s not as good at deadlifting as the other strongmen. I don’t deny this, but my point is, his best deadlift of 880 lbs carries inherent risk. All of these guys who deadlift at weights that high are definitely at way higher risk than you and me deadlifting 400 or whatever.

So whats your deadlift since 350kg is unimpressive? Have you ever even seen someone deadlift 200 lbs less than that il you clown?

350kg deadlift is impressive no matter the bodyweight, you moron.

Irrelevant. My point still stands; the fact that overstated got invited to a big strongman competition does not make him a word class deadlifter.

Deadlifting is the best event in powerlifting anyways. The bench press is a niche oddlift and the squat is boring to watch.
>nobody wants to see you lift when pulleys are a thing
Yeah just don’t work out at all lmao just drive a forklift into the gym and lift the weights lol

I'm not a strongman who's job is literally to deadlift the most weight, you braindead fag

Yeah, and Oberst did exactly 0 reps of 350 kg deadlift

350k is objectively unimpressive for a world class strongman.

>350k is objectively unimpressive for a world class strongman.
No it's not. You're delusional.

How long have you been lifting? Bc only dyels with an inflated ego or actual competitor level athletes talk shit about strongmen. Which is it?

Your analogy makes zero sense you fucking moron. He didn’t state going 100% brainlet, he said not to do the lift at all. Thats like being a runner and telling others to not go for runs, then you end up not even finishing the race. Go back to sucking cock than posting, thats what you’re good at.

Do you even watch strongman contests? Kieliszkowski lifts 400 kg, almost did 420 kg and he's considered weak deadlifter for a strongman.

How can you call Oberst who can't even lift 350 kg once an elite deadlifter, lmao.

Neither is his. Even if it was, super cope
So is he world class or not? Bc he seems to be

Yeah as in DONT DO IT UNLESS you plan on COMPETING FOR IT. Jesus christ, gotta break it down barney style for the dyels

>I’m not, fag. I agree he’s not as good at deadlifting as the other strongmen. I don’t deny this, but my point is, his best deadlift of 880 lbs carries inherent risk. All of these guys who deadlift at weights that high are definitely at way higher risk than you and me deadlifting 400 or whatever.
Buddy you are missing the entire point of the thread. The discussion is not about how much risk is involved but whether or not the guy who preached his lifting philosophy failed. He either failed or didn’t. Everything else is coping cum dumpster.

The average was about 5 reps for that field and this didn’t even include the actual top strongmen like licis, shaw, or hafthor, (not to mention eddie) which would have pushed the average even further up.
Oberst couldn’t even get a single rep. The average elite strongman can do obersts 1rm for a set of 5 reps (maybe even more than that since obersts max might even be 330kg).
I would like to know your metric for what is co sidered “impressive” for a so-called world class professional athlete

He has deadlifted more than 350kg before. Sometimes people fuck up their training cycle or recovery, you'd know this if you actually lifted, dyel.

Oof.

A strongman competition is not a deadlift competition, you absolute retard. Being a world class strongman therefore does not necessarily make one a world class deadlifter.
Oberst barely fits the criteria for World class strongman anyways. He routinely fails to qualify for wsm finals. His non-deadlift lifts are what gets him there.

Yes it is or you wouldn't have started off talking about 900lbs or 880lbs when what we're discussing is 770lbs.

based mark felix still keeping up

>don’t do it unless you’re super serious about it!!!1!11
Except this isn’t true. Oberst only says that because he has a personal bias against deadlifts that is a result of his own mediocre ability to do them

>Yeah as in DONT DO IT UNLESS you plan on COMPETING FOR IT.
>why lift if you’re not competing for it
>why be healthy if you’re not competing for it
You’re fucking moron how do you function with that 60iq of yours? Go back to 3rd grade and learn how to properly comprehend sentences. The thread is about how he failed at his own lifting philosophy. How do you not get that he failed and thus proving he has no clue what he is talking about.

Here is a prize just for you buddy.

Attached: you fucking autist.png (1000x1620, 440K)

Oberst is a faggot lol

user, you're reading posts by several people. I didn't mention 800 or 900lbs. Obeast has deadlifted more than 770 before.

Kek, Oberst coping behind the scenes

Attached: 1563013384102.jpg (958x1326, 697K)

This wasn’t meant to be a max out pure-strength event. They were all meant to be able to do multiple reps. Oberst couldn’t even participate.

He fucked up his training, steroid cycle, and recovery, clearly.

Anyone got a fucking link?

These
He clearly didn’t think this would be a competition, so he didn’t train deadlift for it.

Clearly.

Attached: if you only knew how bad this really are.jpg (1242x1846, 229K)

>I-I swear he only had a bad day, he is elite deadlifter otherwise

Attached: 1565286321045.jpg (975x518, 84K)

officially, kieliszkowski is the cutoff for being shit at deadlift. if you're stronger than mateusz then you're okay, but if you deadlift *less* than him then you're officially objectively shit at deadlift.

Brian Shaw fucked Oberst in the ass for the TV show thats why Oberst cant deadlift.

if he brings the deadlift up he will be an absolute fucking monster

F for Robert
He's still strong as fuck though

>kieliszkowski
Looks like a god AND is as strong as a god.
Fuck fatties.

amazing how fit he is for a 53 year old

how has he even managed to qualify for WSM in the past?

same way he got onto that tv show; nobody knows

His deadlift is subpar at his level, seeing how he consequently hits 0 reps on deadlift competitions. It's a dangerous sport, I can't blame him for being cautious, but if you want to compete at this level you can't be making excuses about how hard and risky it is, his peers seem to be able to lift these weights despite the risks, if he can't then he isn't cut out for it.

Attached: 20190903_214644.jpg (958x1236, 601K)

Attached: 1565389984145.jpg (658x595, 214K)

Why do we hate Oberst?

Because he shat on deadlifting. According to the npc /fitizens/

He said you shouldn't deadlift if it's not specific to your sport due to risk-reward being not worthy.

Basically he went on Joe Rogan show and was coping that deadlift is not worth doing because he's shit at it. Also lied about some record that he doesn't have anymore.

What record?

He said that he has american log lift record when it was already beaten (Rob Kearney did 214 kg). Also played dumb that he could beat WR any day, when his PR is 211 kg when WR is 229 kg.

Is there a video of the car deadlift injury he mentioned?
I couldn't find anything on that

Yeah, it annoyed me that he pretended that he didn't know the log lift record of 228kg held by Big Z, when it's listed on his own website, starting strongman. And that he pretended he could beat it.

I don't know about it, maybe he's lying to excuse himself, it's not beneath him. His last injury I saw was torn biceps in WSM heats.

>everyone who disagrees with me is dyel

he gets invited cause muh personality

oberst btfo

so you have to pay 10$ to see this shit?
isnt it streamed to any tv channel?

piratefags btfo

I'm watching it for free, but I obviously won't post it here because retards will fuck it up.

DOES NO ONE HAVE A FUCKING LINK?

Attached: 1545483368152.jpg (586x1080, 85K)

Here's table after 4/5 events. Stones gonna be crazy

Attached: tablegl.png (1193x596, 836K)

just tell me at what channel my dude

damn novikov really fucked up those last 2 events

ive tried streaming the channel 5 but its not doing strongman rn, where is it getting streamed?

No, hes a retard. You do know 200lb+ powerlifters do 900lbs now, right? You do know that they post their training reps and hit this weight or near it constantly, right? Oberst's dead is definitely not world class. Also, he admits to fucking up his back by frying out his back on a first rep and still going for a second one he knew he didnt have at an amateur show...

Attached: mynameehhjeff.jpg (1053x592, 59K)

>Everyone is of the opinion that deadlift is one of the big important lifts
>Everyone understands that it has some risks
>Guy shows up that injured himself severely first time doing them, always gets zero points in them in competition, clearly isn't good at them
>Happens to be the only person to say they suck don't do them

Wonder why.

this x 100. my gym has a 250lb guy routinely deadlifting 815 and he doesn’t consider himself a top tier strongman

Novikov fucked up on 1st stone and got bad time

Kieliszkowski was 2nd on stones and won the whole event.

tom martin deadlifts more than this cück

Reminder, deadlifts have a strong synergistic effect for a test boost like all the other compound movements, which does help with everything else over time.

>you'd have to be crazy not to incorporate those gains
>if you have a condition, then understandably you shouldn't do it in that context
>otherwise deadlift, no ego lifting, is quite safe and an effective way to build size as long as you're not fagging the weight up

Attached: 1558364239209.jpg (3000x3000, 586K)

I agree with everything you said, but please never post this garbage picture again

>couldn't find a picture of dead-lifting in my folder, so I just posted this ancient relic

Results, Matty K wins again
Some Welsh guy 2nd - I didn't know him before this event
Novikov 3rd, mostly due to fuck up on stones

Attached: results.png (1209x551, 598K)

But he IS competing to deadlift.
No excuse, he should train it.
If he excels at another event with a massive margin he might be excused, but to get N/A? No way.

This, plus CNS recruitment and the number of clinically important muscle groups trained.
Back pain due to a weak back is both debilitating and difficult to get rid of.

Deadlifts aren't even that risky. They just have a reputation like that because retards do them without the slightest clue about what they're doing.

Apart from tearing a bicep with a suplinated grip, of course.

Ohp man has a snatch grip, why?

so does DL man

cope

haven't seen any

Attached: XI3gGim.jpg (555x556, 68K)

Yeah, it’s especially bad, since the show keeps calling them “the four strongest men who ever lived. There’s at least 50 people stronger than Oberst.

On another note: Jesus, Felix, wow. He could compete in “seniors” or whatever in WSM. And Olekssi is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.