Is there any scientifically proven benefit to wearing one of these?

Is there any scientifically proven benefit to wearing one of these?

Attached: Best-Training-Weighted-Vests.jpg (673x797, 85K)

i guess you will lose weight

When you take it off, amirite xddd

It’s been scientifically proven in multiple studies that if you wear one of these during the day and during heavy impact exercise like running it greatly benefits your orthopedist because you'll need knee replacements. Wear this to do pull-ups or push-ups if you don’t have a weight belt. You are not Goku, your personal trainer is not Master Roshi. Wearing this all the time will just kill your joints.

Attached: 3BFE29FB-5D84-4D57-BB48-56D8122A4634.jpg (400x728, 41K)

Well you're performing exercises with a weight on your person makes them more difficult, so logically it should result in more work for the muscles. Although I have heard that wearing weights like these a lot can cause damage to the joints due to forcing them to assimilate to a sudden significant increase in weight for long periods of time.

Attached: scooby-werkstatt-profile-picture.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Thisx333333333333333333

what about 5kg one desu

will fuck your back up if you run in it

No.

Attached: 28323126-4441-43FF-80EE-50ED87101700.jpg (399x400, 47K)

Your doing this regardless
You force to assimilate with fucking dumbbells

If you're training to perform movements in armor I suppose these are useful. Otherwise no.

weighted clothes. Really? Whats next, increased g training? training in a fucking white room?

you can carry more obviously

Attached: german-stormtroopers.jpg (1300x981, 281K)

>You are not Goku, your personal trainer is not Master Roshi
fuck you buddy

Seems like a good way to slowly improve your pushups and pull ups.

What about just hiking a few miles with one on?

Only for short periods of time while you're doing the set of 5 or 8 or 12 or whatever, not when you're doing cardio that takes a long time. A 10 second sprint won't affect your joints nearly as much as a 30 minute jog. As another user already pointed it out, you can use these vests for pull ups, dips, whatever random calisthenic shit you want to do, but there are belts designed to do just that.

kys

yes, it will increase my speed

Still better than wearing nothing. Specially for pull ups and push ups.

The speed when running off a cliff, hopefully

They are good for calisthenics.

walking is ok
running is asking for trouble

t.

Attached: 54e3f84694b0079addc7bd3be6e4b2e7914b750e_hq.jpg (1024x679, 69K)

You could get a good hiking backpack instead though, and the upside is that you will have a good hiking backpack instead of a weighted vest.

I get what you're saying, but I find my weighted vest is more evenly balanced than my ruck, having the weights more evenly distrubuted on the front and back, whereas the ruck is all on the back, you know?

That's a good point, but the backpack does distribute the weight when you're strapped properly. You're not really hunched when you wear one and walking.

I'm really not sure about the weighted vest's balance, that one time I tried my mate's I only felt a crushing weight on my shoulders.

fair enough, I guess it depends on the vest (and the backpack). I got an expensive adidas vest rather than the cheap ones you usually find and it's probably a step above most. I suppose a good quality backback and vest are probably about on par.

You got me

Attached: ECE8FA94-DABD-4F97-92F7-94230E39368F.png (678x1232, 978K)

Muh bad joints...every fatgirl ever

Question.

What if....a fatty as he lost weight gradually added weight to the jacket..
In a way that his "weight" never changed.

His body has already adapted to the excess weight and thus if he removed it he would instantly see the benifits of his superior weight loss.

running with any dead weight at all is asking for trouble. I honestly question whether you had actually 'adapted' to any excess weight.
any excess weight shed is beneficial, whether you run further or faster, it can only be easier on your joints.
I see what you're saying but in reality you want to get rid of as much excess weight as possible, as soon as possible.