The American Diet

The American diet used to be a filling and nutritious routine, but was corrupted by excess, fast food, lazy people, and most importantly, lack of self control. Obesity is epidemic, and it's all because of excuse-making, weak willed people, with no self control.

With my diet, and an 8 hour work day with some upper body labor & a moderate amount of cardio, I feel great and my chest is almost a foot bigger around than my waist. With a little self control, hard work, and moderate stimulants, you can stay healthy and feel better than your fat, disgusting, and obese American colleagues.

I get up, and for breakfast have a small, oil & carb rich meal. (Think a buttery buiscuit)
For lunch, I have another small meal. (some dried meats, some vegetables, stir fry if im hungry)
For dinner, a large helping of starchy vegetables, a grain (usually rice) and a small helping of meat.
Between every meal, I fill in the blanks with Black Coffee and water.
When I drink its usually something not too calorie dense, often a liquor such as Whiskey with a low-calorie or calorie free mixer (soda or tonic water)

Practice self control and hard work. I may be a wagecuck, but at least I'm healthy and happy.

Attached: 1hzgyg.jpg (674x506, 222K)

It really is an epidemic in most modernized nations. Even at my college, a good third of the students are noticably overweight in what is the natural physical prime of their lives. It makes it hard to have pride in your nation and its peoples when we don't have pride in ourselves.

The American diet was always a corporate rat race for market share, Reuters. Unless you’re talking about colonial era meat pies and figgy puddings.

Reminder that people have never really had dietary self-control by and large. Circumstances and necessity (ie. A lack of available, affordable, delicious food and the need to move around to find food, protect oneself, build a shelter or even do work to afford things) have simply kept people of reasonable weight

This. The only way to a thin population is a return to food scarcity (higher prices)

I had a similar experience in college. It's really fucking sad desu. I want to feel sorry for them, but at the same time, it's also their fault.

Attached: 20190907_161551.jpg (638x638, 149K)

I went to burgerland a week ago. No wonder they put mountains of condiments amd sauces on their food, my lunch was 900 calories. Half of it was so disgusting I had to throw it out, the other half was so bland and tasteless I had to saturate it with enough so1 sauce to cause tachycardia in an olympic runner.

Bread for breakfast... also mispelled. "Healthy". Stopped reading.

He thinks 8 hours counts as hard work.

Compared to most Americans it is. Especially when it comes to physical work.

The fuck is wrong with bread for breakfast, you neanderthal?

its not an only american problem anyore, they exported their fast food scheme everywere, even here in italy people doesnt follow a sane mediterranean diet anymore, especially the new generations, and their look clearly show it. fucking disgusting.

The bread you buy in a supermarket I'd not a real bread but chemical garbage

What if I told you the "American Diet that causes obesity" doesn't exist but is just the result of processed food companies making more and more addictive food made of the perfect blend of sugar, fat, salt and packaged in the most convenient ways and hooking you with marketing. It's slowly expanding to every industrialized nation and even developing nations like Mexico and Brazil.

speak for you amerimutt, in civilized countries there is still delicious proper bread in supermarkets.

That's why you bake your own bread and biscuits you fucking retard

Attached: 20190814_190636.jpg (1920x1699, 850K)

>that diet
jesus christ you're going to die
>oil and carb rich breakfast
>vegetables and meat for lunch
>lots of potatoes, rice, and some meat for dinner
its been proven that protein will keep you fuller for longer. try replacing a third of your current carbs with protein and watch yourself feel that much more full
I'd recommend:
eggs, cheese, chicken, fish

also, breakfast was invented by cereal companies to get your money

In the US too, depends on where you go, though.

well, i mean, if you are able to spend your entire salary on some proper bread and vegetables you can eat healty even in america yes.

Don't be poor, or make your own shit

Also false. The meme is that food is cheaper in America, buying real food costs the same in the US and Europe.

This

A brief history American food science:

1960: Why is everyone suddenly having heart attacks? It can't possibly be because smoking has gone up 1000% over the last 20 years. It must be caused by fat in food. Eat less fat, eat more bread, and replace your butter with margarine.

1980's: Why is everyone getting fat now? They must still be eating too much fat. Here, we'll solve the problem for you by replacing all the fat in food with onions and vegetable oil. Yes, this actually makes the food cheaper for us to produce, but we're going to charge the public a 50% mark-up for the service of providing them low fat food. Also, pay attention to this food pyramid: stop eating meat and cheese, and eat bread covered in margarine all day long.

2000's: Why is everyone even fatter than before? Maybe it's all the additives we put in the food 20 years ago. We'll take the additives back out, but for the service of not replacing all the nutrition in your food with onions and partially hydrogenated cardboard bits, we're gonna have to charge you another 200% mark-up.

Europe is now catching on to the scheme that America's food industry has been running for decades. Phase 1 is to charge the public a fee to replace their food with poison. Then Phase 2 is to charge the public an even bigger fee to remove the poison. When you start seeing organic/non-GMO food stores popping up, you know that Phase 2 has begun.

OP here, I really like this theory, thank you user. Time to sustenance farm, I guess

Attached: 1496106396329.jpg (663x579, 39K)

I'm getting back into fermentation, after a long time away. Starting with sauerkraut, but I'll try pickled beets and pickled eggs when this batch is done. Having tried it before and gone off it, I'm increasingly open to the idea that obesity is more than straight CICO, that gut flora may impact food cravings and appetite. So the fatties may just have a point that not all dieters are created equal - but the solution is to do something about it, not just give up and have more cake.
>With a little self control, hard work, and moderate stimulants, you can stay healthy and feel better
>With a little self control, hard work, and moderate stimulants, you can stay healthy and feel better
>diet is carbs for breakfast and dinner and coffee all day
You're a filthy boomer aren't you? Thank you for the thread, but remember, your children will pick your retirement home.

I'm 20. Zoomer as fuck

Food in the US is vastly cheaper than Europe.
It's not even a contest.

All sadly true

I fucking hate fast food culture. Sorry to hear it's spread all the way to the Mediterranean