/uni/

uni thread
how are you guys holding up?
>finals are starting
>last semester and trying not to panic so I won't have to retake shit

Attached: uni op 24.png (928x509, 494K)

>how are you holding up?
Medfag here, it's my best year so far (4th year, I'm in EU - we do 6 here), I have nearly top grades but I'm a bit anxious regarding the exam session, altough my anxiety is present everytime I prepare for my exams, so I guess it's a normal thing for me.

How about you, OP?

>no girls
>no friends
>going bald at 21 cause of stress
>companies have super high demands for even the most basic entry level jobs
Did I meme myself with computer """ science"""

The semester's already finished for me. Got my grades back too. I won't have to go back to that cesspool for a few more months.

Two tests left and a paper. Test today should be easy, tomorrow will suck but I think I can still pass the class even if I bomb it. Paper due Thursday is gonna suck, based off class readings that I never did. Only need about a 40% on it to pass though so I'm not stressing too much.

I'm going to be starting again this fall as a 30 year old undergrad.
How fucked am I?

Not fucked at all. My step dad finished law school at 45. You can do it too.

Isn't it going to be awkward though being in classes and roommates with a bunch of 18 year olds?

nobody fucking cares
and if they do fuck them their opinion is worth nothing anyway

It's not that bad. I went back for my undergrad at 29 (im 31 now) and everything went well. The only difference is that you won't be interested in hanging out with your younger classmates, which shouldn't be a problem if you are antisocial to begin with.

I don't know how awkward it is desu, but he made quite a squad of friends that called him "papa", kek.

not really. Plus, there will probably be a few older classmates besides you.
As long as you don't act creepy or try to flirt with them (Assuming you are ugly), you will be fine. If you have Chad looks, you will probably have some young pussy because girls in their early 20s like mature men.

fuck classes that give "participation" grades. I'm not even sure if I'll pass this shitty fucking class and this fucking dipshit of a professor is late with grading assignments and exams and I don't want to fucking fail my last semester here I just want to graduate and get out and my fucking grade math is really tight because of this crap
>zero late assignments policy, if you turn it in late it doesn't count
>oh hey you guys need to turn stuff into my mailbox except i'll never fucking grade it.
>also this class has a "soft" curve and it's totally an easy A for you guys, I know you guys are taking this as a senior elective
If i don't graduate I might actually do something retarded

Attached: cat distress.jpg (326x326, 16K)

>fuck classes that give "participation" grades.
Why? It's easy free credit.
>professor walks in and says "here have a free letter grade just for showing up"
That's literally the best thing that can happen.
You're the one who fucked up.
You fucked up in the dumbest way you can possibly fuck up.

I attended every class though, the fuckup that I made was registering for a class that had a professor with a low as fuck rating online and not finding out until later since it was the only 400 level that was open and I needed one more.

The main thing that's cheering me up is that the class forum is an actual dumpster fire right now with other people panicking/ranting

Got three weeks left to do my final two projects of the second year. Realising this all may not be for me but goddamn I'm gonna try because I don't want to be the guy who quit everything he ever did and if I don't pass this year I'm basically stuck with nothing but debt to show for the last two years of my life, and no prospects.

>60% credit completion rate
jesus christ someone just fucking kill me so I can stop this nightmare.

We had an older guy in our flat when I was at uni at the age of 18. He was well liked. Got on with everyone fine and was the wise one due to his age. I probably would have been better friends with him if I hadn't been a chaotic retard who couldn't clean up after himself for the whole year

>just submitted 10,000 word dissertation
>had only about 4,000 words written a week ago

I rushed it but I got it in in time comfortably. I also used almost 100 sources so hopefully that will push the mark up even though what I wrote is garbage

I need 60% and above overall otherwise my time at uni was wasted. I don't think I got it but idgaf at this rate

Just gave out solutions in my calc 2 final to cuck the system. The finncical damage incurred by having to readminister the exam in all classes is worth it for those niggers to fail me for non attendance despite getting all As in exams. Fuck Uni it's no longer a place for intelligent people

>multiple choice
>studied on the bus there
>drew a little a b c d at 12 3 6 9 o'clock
>spun my pen on the paper
>whatever it landed on that's what I picked
Thank fuck the course is 50% coursework

the image of your professor seeing you do that is beautiful. Unfathomably based, user.

>zero credit late assignment policy
>professor doesn't fucking notice that assignments were turned in on time and marks them as zeroes anyways
>gets shocked when people fucking drop his class since apparently other concentrations for my major don't have his class as a required course
>4 months into the course he issues a half-assed apology and actually grades the shit turned in by the few people still here. Turns out that he never even fucking checked half of the locations we were told to turn in assignments and he only looked at the ones that were handed in during class. Emails and the teacher's mailbox in the class building were completely ignored
>Emails being ignored was especially cancerous given the nature of our assignments
Going to enjoy leaving a shit review for this fucker. I have no idea why in the hell his class was required for my degree. Uni went from being fun and seeing other reasonably hard-working/intelligent people to a complete meme over the 3 years I've been here so far. This fucking mouthbreather is clearly only here for a research grant and hardly even put in the bare minimum of effort for teaching this class.

Good fucking lord I hope next year isn't as bad. I'm not even going to a meme school either. Might actually consider blowing my brains out if I can't find work after going through all this shit.

Attached: suffer more.jpg (500x500, 64K)

Hey look, a fellow math guy on their last semester.
I was freaking out last week because I missed the deadline for a really important assignment for an elective class, and was afraid I wouldn't be able to graduate because of it, but he let me turn it in late for partial credit, so I should be good.

The bus study time should be more than enough time to study for a final exam.

The propaganda here is outlandish at times. I bite my tongue when I'm taking these classes. I listen and do the work and spout lies to fit the Universities narrative but I don't internalize anything they say here. It's nothing but a cesspool of racist liberal ideology. It's not okay to be white in far left liberal universities.

Attached: This.jpg (720x1280, 509K)

>memedegree.png

Well a person should already be able to do well on a final exam just from paying attention in class and doing their homework, the studying is just necessary for memorizing the formulas or names or whatever.
I guess it's different for people with bad memories.

christ... nothing in a decent class is about memorization, user.

Finishing the last bits of coursework for my LLM in International Trade law before I start my dissertation.

Really want a distinction.

Gonna really miss this course when it ends, dunno if I should do a PhD and be perpetually on the student dole (got no strong ideas for a topic though).

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

But all the non-memorization stuff is easiest though. Like for a math class, to study you just need to look at problems you've already done to make sure you remember the steps and formulas if applicable.
It's the same in Chemistry and Physics classes.
For classes with essays as problems, those are even easier since you just need to remember the prerequisite info, and then use some basic analysis to turn that into an essay.
The only truly difficult exams I've encountered are ones where there are tons of different types of problems, or ones with proofs that take more effort to memorize.

Fuckin' cis white males.

fine, but if we're going to call that memorization, then for math and physics classes it would be memorizing a flowchart for each type of problem. I'd also call it remembering how you moved through that flowchart when you worked problems in the past rather than just memorizing its structure.

I really ought to make flowcharts, things with visuals are always the easiest to remember.
I guess I haven't bothered since I was already doing fine enough so far, but adding a visual element in any way makes things for fun, so I really ought to start doing that again.
Basically so far all I've had to do was look at a problem I've done before, or redo the problem, and then I'll just immediately know what to do once I recognize a similar problem on the exam.

Dropped out because ran out of tuition.
Fuck America.

>Are Black Ting Togeth The Ca

I don't get it.

Why didn't you get a loan and scholarship?

She has a Doctorates so it's beyond your level of understanding.

Jokes aside, it's a terribly designed cover and the title's use of colors on some of the letters is confusing and stupid.

Fuck loans, do not do this.

>finished my dissertation without meeting my tutor once this year

Am I fucked? It was surprisingly easy

All my exams are done forever. I never have to study again.

Attached: cat you know i had to do it to em.jpg (451x535, 34K)

basically what the user said, fuck loans.
And scholarships are terribly difficult to get.
I was in 2.5 years into Mechanical Engieering. It's fucking over.

My oral finals are coming and I will be examined infront of the whole commission. I started studying a month ago and I still havent finished reading all my materials and I feel like I remember nothing.

I am going to commit suicide if I dont pass and get my degree. Already thinking about either jumping outta the window of my Uni or suicide by cop. SCREENCAP THIS BOIS.

Attached: 617960cfa3101bf2ed6ca9501f63b4c8.jpg (653x653, 79K)

Sucks to be american tbqh

Remember, breath through your nose, let it slide over your tongue. Close your eyes if it helps with the nerves. Remember to swallow.

Why not? It should be fine if you don't get a meme degree.
Also scholarships just require having a decent GPA in highschool, and doing some essays for them.

I plan on working for a year and then going to school in Europe.
The essays are pity me bullshit. Also I'm not in HS

$207,866 is the average debt accumulated for a bachelor's degree in the medical field if you take a loan. That's going to be a hard fucking pass for me, m8.

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize how cancerous medical costs were.

God bless the USA :)
Originininini

s7gEXrm uni frends join here for a good time

>just started summer semester
>taking 5 courses
>digital systems, java, ode, statistics, and calc 3
>got my adhd medication (foquest)
hopefully it will help me study because i failed a lot of courses and am behind because i couldn't focus. want to just finish uni and gtfo already.

"Bachelor's degree in the medical field". What the fuck are you talking about, do you mean med school? And yeah they take on a shit ton of debt just to make it all back when they begome doctor so it's not really that bad.

Failed physics and math this semester, need to retake over fall. Anyone else fuck up like me?

Same but taking 6 courses, fuck me I took this semester off for work experience but this summer is gonna be hell

Psst, every degree is a meme degree now.

Ehi, I'm a medfag too! I'm at 6th year though, three more exams and I'm done.
I'm struggling to find focus and will to study but it's hard man

Attached: 1557166835262.jpg (634x976, 146K)

>finished my last paper, now I'm just cruising until finals week
>21st birthday coming up on Thursday
>my roommate and I have been putting together a coin jar since winter session for the occasion
>finally topped out today, went to cash it in and got 90 fucking dollars that we can spend on food/alcohol
>best friend wants to get lunch with me and buy my first legal beer
>stoner friend is making me bracelets and gifting me a shitton of her weed
>just in case things weren't going well enough, gf is staying over tomorrow to watch scary movies and fug
This is karma for all the shit I've gone through this semester, I'm certain of it. When life gets this good it makes the months of living on the edge worth it.

Attached: flawless.jpg (960x720, 298K)

my professor gave me a 0 for participation until I got the highest grade in the class without attending one of his shitty powerpoint classes