Dips greater than bench

Can I drop bench and replace it with dips? Heard ring dips are even better

Attached: 1567050021118.png (468x597, 515K)

No.

You can do both?

Why not? Rippetoad says they're a perfect replacement for bench and bill starr has said they have a better carryover to the press

>Rippetoad says they're a perfect replacement for bench
Source? I've read Reg Park saying this, but I'm surprised to hear about rippletits deviating from MUH BARBELL

Attached: Rippetoe.png (884x770, 909K)

On the dips section towards the end of starting strength book

ring dips can be bad for you if your shoulders lack stability. if you want to do ring dips, make sure to do a lot of dead hangs and rear delt work in order to build up your shoulder stability.

weighted dips and pull ups are god tier exercises and imo should be included in everyone's program

Your picture is proof women just need to exist to get fucked.

Yeah, go and replace your bench with dips, let us know how it goes OP

sauce pls, reverse image turns up nothing

must COOOM

Attached: mmmm.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Bench is superior for it's higher overload potential and less risk , Dips do work the entire chest , so not just the lower part as some think but still you have a higher chance to fuck up your shoulders with them

>Dips
enjoy your fucked up rotator cuff

Attached: 1565976016897.png (713x611, 26K)

i want to... dip right in there

Attached: 1557124267952.png (1044x869, 185K)

Yes,dips give you triangular and defined pecs.Bench gives you round,puffy man pecs

I used to do exclusively dips. I got some good chest development but once I started benching my chest exploded. You need to do a little of everything imo for best results. I'd run an 8-12 week block with dips as your primary chest exercise and do bench once or twice a week as an accessory to hold onto your bench gains. Then switch.

Oh
Oh
OHHHHHHHHHH
UHUH
Yeah yes
OH yeah
OOOHH YEAH BABY GONNA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM

Attached: 1567519262741.png (390x348, 125K)

Yes, you don't need to bench. Dips are amazing if you can actually do them with good form. Bench press is great due to progressive overload being easy.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1567805090443.png (560x763, 40K)

>fail a set of dips
>land on your feet
>fail a set of bench
>drop a metal bar that weighs more than you do onto your sternum
how is bench less risk again retard?

Stop making the same shitty thread, you’ll have a shit upper chest and look terrible

Not him but a lot of people snap their shit up on weighted dips, and you don’t drop the fucking bar on your chest retard, worst case you do the roll of shame but you should have a spotter unless your iq is below room temperature

Rip doesn't like the bench much, I would suggest reading the book

Or do dumbbell bench

What a classy and elegant lady to take home.

I cycle between both. I feel like benching gives me a better overall development (especially regarding my delts) but dips have more carryover to other sports that include punching or moving your bodyweight in general. However that's only an anecdote.

You can avoid it by retracting scapula, downwardly elevating, and downwardly rotating (external rotation of shoulders, imagine you are trying to bend the bars of the dip OUT so that your palm faces forward) and by also tucking your ribs and gargling my nutsack

The patrician choice, too many retards here shill and only do one thing (ohp-only tards)

I bet she braps like a V8!

So you’re saying proper form for dips that keeps you from snapping your shit up is the same form you should use for bench? This is why people take a one way train to snap city

UghhhhA AHHAHHA I AAAMMMM COOOOMMMING HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH COOOM COOOM TITS FUCK SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH MY SPERM GOES OUT AGHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1567029149957.webm (640x480, 545K)

Stupid retard
1) Use good form and you won’t snap your shit up, people who snap their shit up aren’t using good form
2) The lifts are completely different mechanics anyway otherwise we wouldn’t even be having this conversation

Number one is exactly what I said genius, dips and decline bench are the same motion

Why would this happen? The scapulae is free to rotate on a dip, unlike a bench where it's trapped on the bench

No they're not. I need to do them weighted and its a pain in the ass to bring my belt and chain everytime i want to do chest and tris. Bench is better IMO

Let me be the 2000th guy to post how I wanna dip into that fat mommy booty

UGHHHH AAAAAHHHH IM COOOOOO CCOOO COOOOOOOOOOMING AHH ALL OVERR MY CHEST COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM UHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH COOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM

Attached: 1567491094448.jpg (677x605, 40K)

Both will destory your shoulders so i'd recommend doing whichever one makes you feel good

t.benchlet

t. Formlet
Neither will

See you guys in 10 years.