How do some people squat more than they deadlift?

I seriously don't get this. I started doing squats and deadlifts about 2 months ago and can only squat 70kg but can deadlift 110kg. Yet I see some people saying that they can squat more than they deadlift. How does that work?

Attached: hottie.jpg (2476x1920, 1.3M)

Most likely mental/form related. If you don't understand that dead lifts are supposed to feel hard/heavy then you will be adverse to doing them and as a result they will lag behind your other lifts.

It’s because of their squat rom. They sissy quarter squat their deadlift weight. Ask them to squat atg and that shit won’t happen.

It's called leverage. Arm length, femur length etc. have a huge impact on how strong you can get on different lifts. Someone with long arms and femurs will 100% deadlift more than their squat and someone with short arms and femurs will squat more than their deadlift.
Simple as that.

I'm just starting out liftan. Naturally big calves and strong legs, basically approaching t-rex mode. Squat and deadlift 215, I think my deads are slowly pulling ahead though

I squat deep and about exactly the same weight as I diddly.

Is anthropometry. If you have T Rex arms and a long torso diddlies are hard. OTOH presses are easy

I squat 350 and deadlift 365. I have very thick legs and ass while my upper body is small compared to that.

I find it easier to squat than deadlift because of form and my hands. Squats were drilled into me something like 8 years ago in gym class while I hadn't gotten serious about deadlift until the beginning of this year. And while I've based my form on others whom I've watched, I think it is still wrong because I feel I'm pushing my feet outward instead of straight down. The other thing is my sweaty, beefy hands and rather shitty grip strength. Whether it's deadlifts, rowing, or pull-ups, My hands start to slide around the bar and pinches skin, giving me noticeably large and discolored callouses at the base of my fingers and the tops of the first knuckles. Might be a little tmi, but that's what happens. I can do 270 lbs (122.5 kg) for each, but I find squats to be much more kind to my arms and hands, at the expense of some shoulder soreness.

Liquid chalk is a life saver when it comes to deadlifts

They squat way more than what the attempt deadlifts.

Pic related is my build. Do I have the body type that is better for deadlifts?

Attached: C2E8CF48-3145-4A7B-9F3A-DE2E7954934D.jpg (673x1407, 213K)

They COOM more often.

Some people are squat dominant (quads) other people are deadlift dominant (hamstrings)

It's just about the body type that you have.

I'm squat dominant.

I squat 160kg atg, deadlift 150kg. Got a dodgy back tho

Can't tell with pants on and either no way offense man you have a lot of gains to go before your personal genetics begin to limit you. Just start squatting and deadlifting and you'll get get stronger no matter your "genetics"

I squat 80kg and deadlift 130kg because I squat below parallel without compensation so I don't look like a retard like everyone else at the gym

based coomposter

If they're relative beginners, it's form. They're either quarter-squatting or deadlifting with their back only. Deads should be 100%-120% of low-bar squat. That big range covers the levers aka anthropmorphy.

Occasionally you'll get some equipped fag quoting their "stats" that they "squat" more than they deadlift, but that's in their canvas zoot suit and probably also out of a monolift, with knee wraps, etc.

It's about leverages. I have proportionally longer arms and legs, so I'm better at deadlifting. I have a friend who is weaker than me in most lifts but has a very high squat because of his short legs. Also, we tend to focus on our strengths and neglect our weaknesses.

I'm just getting back to lifting after several months off and can do 3x5 245lbs on squat regularly. my little bitch forearms give out on dls though and I can barely do 2x5 245 on those.

before this I always deadlifted more than I could squat.

haha imagine walking around on a train putting your penis into mouths of pretty females. as a joke lmao in minecraft

Attached: 1565103304384.jpg (1080x1356, 350K)

you can train the squat pattern much more often. Bulgarian weight lifting team used to train it daily back in the 70s

>How do some people squat more than they deadlift?
Short fingers, which make holding the bar a chore and take away from your set up.

Short arms with a long torso, which basicly makes proper deadlifting impossible.

Having the exact leverages for a massive squat usually means being at best OK in the deadlift, unless you go sumo. Which isn't possible if you're not a fucking manlet, because opening up your hips means putting your feet outside of the plates.

And a lot of individual reasons.
Also in the case of powerlifting totals, you deadlift after 3 maximum squat attempts and 3 maximum bench press attempts, after a very long and boring day of watching other people lift.