Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Enough bullshit Jow Forums.

What is THE definitive way to lose the Donald Duck ass?

I've always heard conflicting advice, from different stretches, different ideas to sitting correctly, to even back braces.

Attached: Untitled-design-25.png (1280x720, 336K)

Bump I want to know too. I feel like it fucks up my gait and stops me from progressing on OHP

I've mostly got rid of mine. I think it would be 100% gone if I had stronger glutes. I did hip flexor stretches and got a standing desk.
I don't do the stretches anymore and it doesn't seem to be a problem since I spend very little time sitting down.

I went to a physiologist for this, he told it's because the lower abs aren't strong enough to hold your spinal cord in place, train lower abs resistance with exercises like the bicycle (do it slowly)

I got rid of mine. Did vertical leg lifts and deadlifts to strengthen glutes and hips as part of my routine, and eventually started attempting to walk with my ass in a normal position and it wasn't so hard to get used to once my muscles were stronger

What exercises did you do? And how did you measure your progress on your tilt?

Bycicle and leg raise, you have to make sure that your whole back is touching the ground, if you feel like your back isn't completely on the ground stop and get back into the right position, leg raises were hell at first when I was doing this but it does work

so when I'm on my bike and pretending to pedal, what details do I need t be aware of? Sorry to be obsessed with detail, I just got to get right of the Gary Coleman hips so want to be sure I am doing it correctly

did you not have lessened hip flexibility with your pelvic tilt? how did you deadlift like that? just a really low set-up or what?

No problem, it's really easy to fuck it up so you're right in asking questions, as I told you do it slowly, it's all about resistance not strength, to make sure I was in the right position I used to lay down with my legs bent so that the back of your feet is touching your butt, in that position your back is straight, you then have to engage your core to keep that position when you extend you legs (sorry for the confusing explanation but English isn't my first language)

There's things I did but really I think those two factors are all that made the change. Stretching the hip flexors, using a standing desk, minimizing time spent sitting.
Anything you can do for your glutes and for your abs ought to help.

How I measured progress is I had ATP like crazy before and now if I squeeze my glutes my hips don't tip up very much. They're almost where they should be.

Oh, ah, a thing I should mention about your abs: lot of fucking ab exercises strengthen hip flexors. So you don't really want that but if you've got a butt made of iron strong hip flexors shouldn't be a problem.

Get another guy to hammer his hips into yours to adjust it back

Attached: dia_sweat.jpg (644x422, 69K)

situps fuck up my back. what would you recommend? planking? squats?

thanks for all the help user

LITERALLY JUST LIFT FUCKING DYEL

Situps are a hip flexor type one. You could try getting a swiss ball and an ab wheel and doing the Athlean X ab wheel progression.

Glute bridges and planks every day.

thanks so much. And your english is good :)

thanks user

This, I fixed mine by doing a 1 minute plank and a 1 minute wall squat every morning then stretching to touch my toes. That's it. Not even joking.

Honestly by practicing extremely strict form on my deadlifts and ATG high bar squats I believe I forced myself through it.

I did do a routine where it had me doing stretches but I forgot about it after 3 days.

Just watch your form and do deadlifts.

Hanging leg raises are GOAT.

Do you think romanian deadlifts would work?

there is nothing wrong, there is nothing to fix. APT is bullshit

It don't, its your programming that does

explain

Hip thrust or any glute isolation exercise that doesn't involve anything else. Contract glutes at the top of heave squats/deadifts.
Any time of crunch that doesn't engage hip flexors: leg raises without momentum, cable crunches/ab wheel with good form, planks.
Walk, sit with your hips pushed forward, glutes/abs contracted all the time/as much as you can.
Way to measure progress: stand relaxed, in front of the mirror, turn 90 degrees, force the opposite pelvic tilt: do you have more room vs anterior tilt? Keep working.

There is no definitive way as it's unique per each individual. The answers you have already are general enough to resolve the issue. But with most things Jow Forums you won't see changes immediately and it could take many months to see positive change depending on the severity of you tilt(s)

WORK OUT YOUR BUTT AND YOUR CORE
DONT WORK OUT YOUR HIP FLEXORS OR STRETCH, ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR HAMSTRINGS
WE HAVE THESE THREADS EVERY FUCKING DAY
ITS ALWAYS THE SAME EXACT ADVICE
YOUR ASS MUSCLES ARE WEAK
YOUR CORE IS WEAK
YOUR LOWER BACK HAS TO OVERCOMPENSATE
SIMPLE

>Enough bullshit Jow Forums.

Alright to start off, if your butt sticks out and have a protruding belly IT DOESN'T 100% MEAN YOU HAVE ATP.
It's most likely you have an imbalance in your muscles, probably in your deeper core muscles.

Go to a physiotherapist not to an imageboard.

Attached: 1480726641919.jpg (400x402, 35K)

Attached: fixPelvicTilt.jpg (393x635, 27K)

Attached: lordosis.jpg (2480x3508, 505K)

Very few people have this condition. Most of you guys just have extra fat on your butts, That makes you look like Donald Duck. Dont waste time with stretches. They don't actually work.

jokes on you, we're skellys

also
>Dont waste time with stretches. They don't actually work.
the absolute state of fit

Attached: b7188ff3f6a25b07c003746d072459d8.jpg (236x473, 25K)

it's kinda hard to explain but clench your arse and engage your lower abs and try and rotate your pelvis forward and up

You might be cheating your way through ab work. You've got to tilt your pelvis the other way to get your core properly engaged. For planks, think pic related. When you're on your back (crunches, leg raises...) you want to push your lower back against the ground throughout the exercise. You can put your hands below your lower back to feel the pressure.

Attached: retroversion.png (741x357, 492K)

Bump

Bait or retarded.

>women on Instagram deliberately give themselves APT to make their butts look better

Yes but unfortunately, I'm a straight guy

But how do I keep it like this? Feels so unnatural....but I know its right

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Stretch your hamstrings and hip flexors.

Is it not enough to just correct your posture?

i just tried to flex my abs and glutes really hard and almost shat myself

>fell for the Hip Thrust meme
>dont feel anything in my glutes, lower back get super sore

Attached: 5FE1D400-279B-48B3-A0E9-453659BF6F7E.jpg (124x121, 3K)