I have my pre fitness joining test in 10 days, i have to do 20 press ups in a minute, this is easy i can do this...

i have my pre fitness joining test in 10 days, i have to do 20 press ups in a minute, this is easy i can do this, 35 sit ups in a minute, this is a bit more hard and i can only get about 28, is there any way i can quickly improve this, i also have to run 2.5km in 11 minutes, now i can get this currently in about 13 minutes so with a week more i should be fine, my main question is, is there any sort of preworkout i could take just before going in that would give me a burst of energy for around 30minutes? whats my best course of action here

Attached: 14650326079_4a5961fb00_b.jpg (1024x683, 157K)

How long was it for you between applying and being given a date for the pre-fitness test?

If I were you I'd do a big run today and a shitload of sit ups then take the rest of the eek off and just eat a shitload of carbs, stay hydrated, and make sure you're getting enough of the 4 electrolytes. Your fitness won't increase in a week.

about two months
nah no way, im not going to magically be able to do 10 more situps without training

Well it's seven, but the fact is you've fucked yourself by trying to join while being so out of shape, and you'll be at roughly the same level of fitness when you get to your test in a week no matter what you do. What matters most is that you're fully recovered and carb loaded, because when you'll be able to preform the best so working out really hard before the test and coming in sore is a really bad idea.

yeah i think you might be right, i will not be doing any crazy exercise a few days before that's for sure, will probably do a very light mile or something, dont loads of carbs make you sluggish though? what do you suggest eating, and what about on the actual day, should i just eat light like some fruit? thanks for the reply

I was in the Army. Remember when doing sit up, when coming down from a sit up, DROP. Do not use energy going down. It makes it much easier to conserve energy. Blast up, unflex your abs. Let gravity reset you.

Carbs are stored in your body as glycogen, which is what you use when you run or do anything else physically strenuous. Eat good whole foods, oats are a great source of bread and so are yams but candy, cake ect are not. Also make sure youre getting enough protein, which you can get from eggs and so on.

Do not overload. Get your carbs but don't over do it

>i also have to run 2.5km in 11 minutes, now i can get this currently in about 13 minutes so with a week more i should be fine

I'm glad you're being positive about that, OP.

Attached: 1558052070588.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

i tried this but when coming down with gravity im forced to like stabilise myself and it take it out of me? i need to keep practicing this technique though as ive heard this advice a lot

well i went from 15minutes down to 13 in two weeks and i think i can push myself a lot harder on the day plus the adrenaline of my whole life and career on the line, honestly if someone had a fucking gun to my back i bet i could run it in 10 minutes, a lot of running is mental

Odds are when you take the test you will be on a cushion or grass. Just drop bro it wont hurt

Yeah I guess you'll make it into the bare minimum and you'll be competing with guys like me who can do it in less than 10 minutes.

I've done this in under 7 minutes, it's not hard. Lift fucking more if you're going to join the army because once you get there you'll realize that the minimum to get in is much lower than the minimum to stay in, or even to get through basic.

>a lot of running is mental
Sure, but speed is training.

im not competing with anyone but myself i dont care if someone can run it in 5 minutes

yeah i will be training non stop i just need to pass this hurdle first, lifting isnt an issue im nearly 1/2/3/4 just ive neglected my cardio, i get exhausted just doing fucking crunches, its not my abs that fail its me panting like a bitch

>I ran 1.5 miles at a 4:30 mile pace
>it's not hard

Attached: 1558898142205.gif (320x360, 3.96M)

just ignore the larpers user

A 4:30 pace is achievable user, there are people who run marathons at 5 minute mile paces

"it's not that hard"

Yes, there absolutely are. "It's not hard" is the questionable part. It takes years of dedicated training to achieve that, and OP has two weeks to go from an 8 minute mile to a 7 minute mile.

Attached: 1556712865711.png (464x485, 18K)