Small Victories Thread

What did you accomplish today Jow Forums? Don't be a sad cunt, nothing you do is insignificant. Even if you did only 10 pushups, you're still 10 pushups ahead of the lazy cunts around you. The things you do continue adding up, leading to a better version of you.

Post here your daily
>fitness gains, new personal records, completed workouts
>social gains, any qts you talked to, mires
>mental gains, if you attended your classes, read a book or meditated

Attached: 1562263000735[1].png (887x462, 116K)

I'll go first

>lifted before class
>attended class instead of walking around all depressed
>met with prof, hopefully left a good impression

I'm still an aspie though, so no contact with girls of any kind

Nice thread OP, I’ll come back tonight after I accomplish something

>went to physicsl therapy
>went to therapist
>ate clean
> gym for an hour
>read
>studied
Small victories hopefully building up to something good.

>not giving in to cravings
>no carbs all day
>took the bus for the first time in a while
>45mins lifting

I feel good about today, but I bet I can do more tomorrow.

Don't worry user, nice things always build up. You did your part today, and it will be even better when you do your part tomorrow.

That's great user! Of course you can do more tomorrow, and you'll feel even better when you accomplish that.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

5x165 the Press after failing rep 5 last time

that's fucking impressive. bodyweight?

I'm a bloatlord, about 240.

PRs are 5x185, 3x200, 1x210 maybe three years ago when I was a little slimmer.

Hey thanks man. Its been a rough couple of months and im nervous about getting out of the military here in march so im just tryna make a plan and stay sane lol. Thanks again for the kind words

Went to work today and didnt even scream out in agony while commuting.

Will hit the gym tomorrow, hopefully I can finally break my 225 bench plateau, I thought it's cuz I'm cutting, but ut's been barely improving for 8 months now. Starting to think it might be psychological.

I have a halloween novelty band that I've been doing for 7 years.
We are trying to do it on YouTube this year, and I've been editing my first ever videos.

it's boring, but I think I'm almost done with the first episode.

I was sad because my bicep curls were lacking, only to realize I put on the wrong weights, and they were kinda hard to do because I was lifting more than usual. I got my personal best without realizing.

And I was just about to skip my ab workout but I didn't. Feels good man.

>impressive
pffttthahahaha maybe for a fuckin high schooler

anything under 2/3/4/5 is unimpressive and weak as 2/3/4/5 is baseline. 2.5/3.5/4.5/6 is where "impressive" begins

edit: 2, not 2.5

2.5 should be achieved when youre benching 4

also this is for natties

>found out about fucking peanut butter, holy shit, I'll never have to eat pizza again to hit my calorie goal
>went to the first meeting of a study group started by a girl in physics. Not qt or anything but seems nice, definitely smart
>went to all of my classes, and still fucking owning it in DiffEq

Going to the gym later today. It's been a really great month for me, Jow Forums

Attached: Cae6msKWcAAVG_o.jpg (500x595, 78K)

We're gonna make it bros

Attached: 1547923247621.png (1001x823, 806K)

Had a good conversation with girlfriend, made some plans for next week.

Heading to the gym soon, even if its not going to be my greatest session due to sleep.

Need to go out and get some groceries after that

Also need to get some study done later

Its only 11am, I just need to follow through

You're brave for putting yourself out there. Hope everything goes great!

Unexpected gains are the best kinds of gains. Congrats

Oh, piss off larper

Well on one hand I found out that the girl I like is married.
On the other hand, I got a qt Russian girl's number.
Also, another girl randomly came up to me and asked if I get mobbed by women, and told me I should know that 80% of the girls in our school are single and horny. But I'm autistic so instead of doing anything I just fucking stared at her.

Ran a 6:27 mile today

Attached: 1567694245015.png (1200x1188, 1.67M)

hey man, congrats. hope everything keeps going well for you.

you're already 50% done, knowing is the half of the battle. you need to just do it

look at the glass from the 80% full side user, you know where to go if you need some pick-up lines

I ate like total shit but I worked out my arms real good.

>You're brave for putting yourself out there.
literally me
the perfect 'stume to hide even when I'm the center of attention ;)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.01.57 PM.png (260x376, 209K)

how do i approacha bitch who likes me? help

I broke over 170lbs bodyweight for the first time since 2012 :)

Been trying to leave my current job for a while now. I have 3 jobs in mind, but I'm not sure which one to go to.

The first job I have lined up is a small ramen place. The pay is good and I have a old high school friend who works there so he could probably get me the job. The problem with this job is that the managers are really strict and my friend told me that SOMETIMES the managers and the other waiters can really piss you off.

The second place is a small family owned French restaurant. I also have friend that works there so she might be able to get me the job. The problem with this place is that I used to have feels for her. She doesnt know I have feels for her though because I never told her (I didn't want to fuck up the friendship). The job pays well but I'm scared that if I work with her, I'll just end up having deeper feels for her. Another problem with the second job is that I kinda missed the opportunity to apply when they were hiring a lot of people during the summer. I might still send them my application even though they're not hiring anymore. (Not sure if this is a good idea though). School just started and the holidays are going to be here soon, so idk they might need more people in the future.

And the third place is a small restaurant that another friend of mine works at. The managers are cool and it pays better than the first 2 jobs, but it's really far away (50 min drive). So idk about that one.

Just not sure which job I should apply for. All I know is that I really want to leave my current job asap. I'm just sick and tired of all of this. If I can leave this place then I feel like I'll be slightly more happier.

Attached: 1420505588697.png (315x476, 195K)

1) QTDDTOT. that's not a victory
2) if she likes you, just ask her to go do something.

>t. boomer who learned this too late in life.

>applied to a few more jobs
>refrained from buying something I didn't need
>starting to find peace after a break-up last week

Slowly but surely I'll get there friends

Did you know some of the best athletes run 6 minute miles as a part of their base building? I hope you keep running those miles, running is the sport which quantity dominates almost everything else. You'd be surprised to see how fast you improve as long as you stack up those miles.

>New semester as an art student. Far harder than you think.
>Started a new job that made me wanna die before even starting school
>Had a complete mental breakdown 2 weeks in
>Friends told me to just fuck everything else but my own happiness and actually listened for once. Quit my job to focus on school.
>Went to the gym today and crushed every single plateau I had at once

I've always been lifting for myself, but I only just started living for myself.

Attached: 1566481992829.png (650x1150, 1.34M)

I did 4 pull ups.

To put that in perspective before coming here I was 250 lbs and couldn't do a girl push up. I'm 171.

Attached: 1567899464919.jpg (1241x1930, 451K)

>80lbs loss
I'm mirin

Thanks. I plan on showing a few before and after pictures on /fat/ in november, 1 year after I started losing weight. I'm down from size 44in waist jeans to 34 in being a little loose.

good stuff user proud of u boi just no more hentai

>spent 2.5 hours in the gym
>Squatted my bodyweight (180 lbs) for reps. New PR for reps.
>Barely made it, had to use a belt after the 1st set.
>Felt good. Went into it with a shit mindset, thinking i was going to fail the whole time.
>Looking forward to squatting 185 next time.

Cooked my meal prep meals today. 6 meals in total. Good shit, healthy, high in protein, cheap.

>No social life
>Not in school, not reading my books i bought.

I shat a ton today. That's about it.

lost 0.5 kg from the scale after a fucking 2 week plateau. Could be water but I count that as a win

Not guy u responded to
fuck off hentai is based

Attached: 0E9BBC89-CA02-4D69-B697-DF98DEDBC147.jpg (797x598, 76K)

>art student
>Far harder than you think.

mfw

Attached: 1508463659372.jpg (453x553, 86K)

>Image
Oh the irony.

What was your job?

I got started on homework for the new semester without procrastinating. Feels like I'm starting off on a good foot. I of course am still lifting and seeing progress.

Good for you, user. Honestly 80% of academic success comes from doing just that. I'm sure you'll do great if you continue like this.

FRONT SQUAD PR LADS

WON TWO GAMES OF INFINITY

HAD A 1500 CALORIE SHAKE, TODAY WAS FUCKING BANGIN

Attached: 1566131213465.jpg (300x300, 61K)

Rock climbing competition tomorrow (today in GA) my lifts are great, my rock climbing skills have improved.
All things went well when i dumped my gf (she got fat) but we were always having sex and living together before marriage

Got back to the gym after a lengthy hiatus
death lifts, some back work. felt nice after so long

>be me, unemployed, about to run out of money
>wake up at 7:30 for the first time in a year
>it's pouring down rain all day so no cardio
>hardly ever go to the gym, don't know how anything works
>walk to starbucks with laptop
>apply to jobs and play mahjong
>walk back home
>haven't eaten all day
>not a whole lot of food in my house
>literally nothing healthy
>just drink water instead
>never realized how much free time i have
>play f-zero for a bit
>more job app work
>gonna start reading my third book for September in a moment

nobody told me being productive was so boring
i can't wait until i get a job

on the plus side i got to drink hot tea while sitting on my porch in the rain

Attached: SU.jpg (285x322, 46K)

I was getting ready to deadlift, suddenly I notice in the mirror this chik I went to high school with, we dated when we were 13 or 14 cant remember. Anyways she is best friends with my ex whom I broke up with about 10 months ago, So naturally I got extra hyped and fucking owned my deadlift sesh, repped 315 like a boss.

I saw her miring through, and she started doing rows right behind me. Feels good, I can only imagine she texted my ex saying she saw me or something.

Her ass is out of this world.

And so is my ass, my sphincter, quads, and hips hurt like a bitch, never deadlifting again

Attached: 1567982718195.png (604x602, 466K)

>after two months since I started going to gym and took Jow Forums seriously, yesterday, I finally bench pressed my bodyweight.

Aren't bloatlords supposed to be strong ?

Attached: 2A94A029-0076-4B25-8D99-16B053A449E0.png (450x720, 145K)

That's pretty fast. What's your weight ?

155 lbs, 2 months ago
165 lbs, now

I dont have any friends in real life to talk too, but here is my small victory I am starting my corrective jaw surgery after working hard and saving money. My parents were poor and I have a severe underbite and it made me look like a caveman and I have been made fun throughout middle and highschool by my peers, been called "fishface" and "potato mouth" needless to say no girl every talked to me unless force too with group projects, never went to prom or any high school dance because I couldnt find a date no one wanted to ask the fish mouth with acne out to prom. Hopefully once I complete my treatment I can finally work on my personality and maybe get a friend or two

overcoming anorexia and bulimia, gained some wait but don't feel terrible about it because my lifts have gone up. Been lifting for 6 months about and hit a 200lb bench for a double which felt amazing and I'm sure I couldn't have done it if I was still doing as much cardio as I was an eating sub 3k cals. Have been in the gym every day for the past month I'd say. Social life is seemingly improving marginally. Things are okay

Damn bro. Congrats on reaching your goal. Keep fighting that good fight.

>social gains, any qts you talked to, mires
>mental gains, if you attended your classes, read a book or meditated

Off topic cancer. Saged, hidden, reported, called the cops, alerted the media, triggered Twitter, notified Homeland Security, prayed for your soul, told your momma.

I did not fap today

Went to the gym and destroyed my legs after studying for an exam even though it's pretty late and I have to get up in 5 hours

>knee surgery almost 4 weeks ago
>didn’t do any rehab for first two weeks because I’m retarded and miscommunication
>got knee to bend 45 degrees but still need to get in two more weeks
>told I’m very behind
>panicking hard trying to get knee to bend to 90 or else they do another surgery

Just praying I can get through this boys..

Just started barbell lifting yesterday. I did a 115x5 bench press today woo!

started lifting in march hit 400lb deadlift and 240lb bench this week
23yrs old, 190lb bodyweight

Funny you should mention it, i recently started working out doing 10 pushups a day, now i'm doing 15x2, going to increase it to 15x3 soon. I also walk 4-5 kilometers every day.

>finished a 10km pilgrimage
>prayed together with my friends through the whole night
>same as above, include praying rosary, attending 2 masses, and adoration

Attached: ECmEP1AXsAUSh8I.jpg (346x406, 22K)

I've attempted to go to the gym regularly like 5 times already, I think max I've been consistent before was like 3 weeks.

Started again last week. Doing SL5x5 instead of SS because of how streamlined the app is. Going to a really good new gym with good equipment like bumper plates and so on (rare in my area)

I actually feel good doing the lifts. It's still super light, but it's the first time I feel like I'm actually doing deadlifts like they're supposed to. I'm actually feeling super excited for the next workout.

I did the laundry, threw the garbage, now I’m going to uni

i bought a new cologne, and a girl said she liked it

I'm new to lifting in general, and this week I'll be hitting 1 plate on both my deadlift and squat.

Pretty based, good shit user. I sometimes wish I was brought up within a religion like orthodox catholicism or something equally trad, seems to late now and I know no one that's religious beyond my dying grandad :(

Went with friend to the gym. Showed me proper deadlift form and how to use some of the machines. I just had surgery so I can’t lift as much as I want, but I’m still proud I’ve got the form down.
I’m going to keep reading Brothers Karamazov once I get out of my slump.

I have a panic disorder so going in public transport and cities is very hard for me

>go out on 2 diff dates few months ago
>nothing happend but still i build up a bit of experience
>recently got into college
>daily in public transport
>anxiety is getting less
>seeing a therapist
>benched 160kg
>still suicidal and cutting myself and daily breakdowns but thats not holding me back that much
>got my first job 2 months ago

Attached: 1565201502416.png (678x623, 222K)

Good job dude just dont get bored and give up, its a marathon

Been lifting for a little over a month and I finally hit 1pl8 squat. I feel like I started too light so it took longer than it needed to but it feels good.

We are all going to o make it bruh. Just remember that, don't be better than someone else, be better than your former self, and you've won.

>lifted after werk
>ate a healthy, high-protein meal - the first and last for the day

Attached: 1413698830098.png (243x243, 96K)

>Asked crush out
>Got rejected

At least I tried

I did 400kcal on the elliptical in 35 minutes. I'm 108kg and 28 years old.

Is this good?

Rejection builds resistance. Good on you for taking your shot bro.

>Played mixed touch football
>Spent apt 2 hrs at the bar after with the team and some qts
>Was able to not be aspic and spoke to the qts and even made some of them laugh
>Exam in 2 days which I'm screwed for but I can still just pass
>Slowly getting stronger

I figured social gains were more important than having amazing marks. Massive improvement from 8 months ago when I was a shut in apart from work and uni. Things might be on the up by I try to avoid being too hopeful

>stopped with cocaine
>started only smoking weed before sleeping
>nofap for 1 entire week
>nofap gave me drive to go back to lifting

For the first time i did overhead press and one arm rows with dumbbells. It wad first time i only concentrated on upper body , tomorrow squats and deadlifts and leg press. Did working sets with dumbbell bench press with 18kg dumbbells for the first time, and for the last set i lifted up the bench a bit to a slighter angle so I could finish the reps well. Forgot to do tricep pushups though, and didn't do any pull ups.. maybe on thursday.

Also almost had a breakdown when I feared my mom had offed herself or passed out and died of own vomit, but she was just napping. Bought her lunch, felt good.

>got up early for an MRI
>realize I am 12 hrs early
>decided go to a coffee shop to kill time
>about to go see this Spanish girl I've been hanging out with the past two weeks
>she is going back to Madrid tomorrow
>now mental preparing for the bittersweet encounter
I guess social gains? She helped me rediscover what I value in women, how to have fun on dates, and to be open and confident with myself.

Attached: 1544403082411.jpg (3352x4520, 785K)

Don't lose hope! I was raised in a culturally catholic home and no one in my family practices except me. I decided to go to church this February and I made lots of new friends. check out if there are any FSSP or SSPX parishes nearby.

Attached: 1551903348199.png (486x510, 122K)

Ok, a few from the past few days:

>meet up with old buddy I haven't seen in a couple years to lift together, I hit pr on deadlift and OHP and he mires even though he has lifted far longer than me.
>female friend mirin, told me I'm 8/10
>female colleague qt always says hi, stands really close to me when discussing work-related stuff
>had probably the best piece of chicken I've ever eaten today

I went to the gym and ate chicken and rice as usual. I also motivated my roomate to come to the gym with me. Currently I'm waiting to start my acne scar removal operation, I can't wait to get those skin gains after years of suffering.

We're all gonna make it.

Attached: 27z7gy.jpg (342x280, 16K)

Went to gym early this morning for the first time in weeks now that my cars out of the shop, felt great to start lifting again even if I'm still dyel and barely got through most of my reps. Decided to call it a day after almost dropping the bar on my chest when I was doing bench presses before my arms couldn't take anymore.

> Didn´t smoke or drink
> Went to Gym
> Did some active revision
> Did some billable work
> Made an extra payment off credit cards
> Ate cleanly
> Didn´t kill anyone, including myself.

did my first squats and deadlifts today. Legs hurt like hell, probably will for 2 more days but now I will incorporate those exercises into my routine. Even thoug I still hate lifting legs...those greedy motherfuckers...

been in a fog for a while now. looking forward to better times.

I realized what the true path is.

Attached: 1568037546986.jpg (1440x1440, 267K)

>went to the gym for the first time in a month
>that's about it, I'm not a neet since I'm waiting too move for my new job but I just chill

I hope you remembered not to eat for the MRI, what is the check up for if you don't mind me asking?

Managed to wake up for morning bjj class. It's my 5th bjj class. I was taught how to guillotine and triangle choke.

Attached: 1548952529848.png (536x476, 96K)

I did what I needed to do to get through today and tomorrow.
More threads like this pls.

Ask her if she wants to grab a coffee or some shit. Life is not that hard buddy, go for it, the worse that can happen is that she says no, which if you are correct and she likes you is unlikely. Also don’t call her a bitch.

>Shat all morning
>Played Vidya
>Injured my shoulder like an idiot by throwing a crayon with all my force
>Have been missing my English classes for a month and a half (I am in my last year)
>Slept
Nice thread, OP. Maybe I'll pick the dumbbells up today.

My squat max went up from 200 to 225
My bench max also went up from 105 to 120