Is the Roll of Shame really that shameful?

Is the Roll of Shame really that shameful?

Attached: Bench-Press-Main-800x800.jpg (800x800, 72K)

In my opinion no
When I bench I always do my last set to failure and I don't have any friends so I always bench alone which means that I do the roll of shame twice a week

Nah, I’ve watched it happen, it’s more shameful when they drop it on themselves because they can’t accept they aren’t strong enough yet

what are you benching chief. post body

Right now it's 190lbs for 3x10 with my last set going to failure
>inb4 weak
I never said I was strong

Learning to safely fail a rep is an important part of learning how to lift. Don't know why everyone is so scared of the roll

just ask for a spot you fucking autists

Attached: gun deaths.jpg (637x960, 43K)

In the beginning, no. When you're benching 300+, you're asking to break a few ribs

It's dangerous. Doesn't help you if the bar is on your neck.

Bench in a rack, or bench with a spotter. At the very least don't put clips on the bar.

I'd rather roll it than drop it and die

whats worse, try to go heavy for gainz, fail and roll of shame

or trying to go heavy and letting the bar roll into your neck choking you slowly

or not going heavy at all because you are scared of the first two scenarios

if you fail and somehow let the bar fall on your neck you are weak/retarded/shouldnt be lifting

I don't know but I have spotter arms for bench and cannot get the right height- either my ROM suffers or a drop will probably collapse a little bit of my chest in; no middle solution.

I choose a full ROM with mfw

Attached: 1558134739253.jpg (223x226, 7K)

anyone got any good videos showing how to roll of shame correctly?

>not letting the fear of death guide you through the darkness

Attached: 28-BaneRomney-AP.jpg (968x681, 48K)

Same here. The safety bar slots on all the squat racks at my gym are either too high or too low. It's a little annoying.

It happened to me once. NEVER AGAIN.
>trying for 2 plate the first time
>i can see a couple of dudes are pretending not to watch me
>i almost thought i had it but no, humiliating
>i start hearing a low chant
>roll of shame, roll of shame
>haha, very funny guys, i start the roll
>it gets louder
>ROLL OF SHAME, ROLL OF SHAME
>two guys appear on either side of me like ninjas
>i thought they were gonna help me with the bar but they pressed it down on top of me
>dudes were all around me now, looking down on me chanting ROLL OF SHAME
>it was kind of like one of those "from the victim/patient's POV" bits in a hospital or alien abduction show
>they start to strip their clothes off
>the first dude squats over my face. he has swamp ass
>TASTE THE FAILURE, n00b he says (n00b was still a popular thing to say back then.)
>he made me lick his butthole
>they all made me lick their buttholes
>next session I got 2 plate no problems
>one of the dudes from that day gave me a thumbs up

>dropping the bar in any way
Yes
>having the bar touch your neck in any way whatsoever
Yes
>Roll of shame after a controlled lowering of the bar into your lower chest because you fail your final rep half way
Absolutely not.

Same but at least the arms can hold the bar once it's down to my crotch. Works perfectly for incline tho

I gym it up in the middle of nowhere, where nobody can hear me scream.

Test

a bit too tryhard but still funny

What the fuck are you talking about? Strong fucking peoole with big fucking benches have died benching because the bar slips and hits them. Even with spotters.

Bench in the rack. Or with stand-up safeties.

>things I don't have to worry about since I switched to DB bench

Ain't no shame if you're trying your best, ever

you could still drop it on your face

The only shame comes not from lacking the strength but from everyone seeing you were too autistic to just ask anyone for a quick spot

It's not shameful, sometimes you just overestimate and can't get that one last rep. What else are you supposed to do if you bench without spotters?

It’s shameful to fail with a weight light enough to safely roll across your body.

Stop inb4ing like you care about what the mudskins, larpers and fat cunts on this board think. You put your message on Jow Forums and you stand behind it. 190 bench press is bodyweight for me and that's nothing to be justifying cunt.

No. It's only a little shameful because you tried to go harder than what you're capable of. It would be more shameful if you injured yourself or got the bar off in any way that is more obnoxious than the roll.

>in gym no one can hear you scream

Attached: d874b2094094efb96c9aec8c43d042cf.jpg (900x1348, 135K)

Not if you're on your last set and last rep. It all depends on context.

>Be me
>First time benching 120kg
>Manage 4 reps with good form
>Go for a 5th
>Get the rep, feel like i should try a 6th
>Get it half way up then run out of juice
>No spotter
>Have to drop it, roll it to my lap then sit up.
>Lower bar to the floor, take the weights off and rack the bar
>Realise while im doing this a group of about 4 guys (maybe around 20 years old, i'm 24 at the time) are quite obviously taking the piss, they're talking amongst each other but not quiet enough.
>Making fucking retarded comments like "He's running before he can walk etc.. and "Yeah it wasn't even good form" Wtf?
>They come in often, and bench 60kg max for about 6-8 reps.
>Suddenly feel a deep rage.
>Walk right up to them, and say "You try that weight then"
>They just stare, one says "Good set man"
>Walk away, move onto the pec deck, they finish they're sets on the shoulder press then leave, very little talking, usually they take about 5 mins in between each of their sets to chat

I don't mind criticism but i'm not having a group of fucking dyels critique me for something they wont even try for.

That was about 2-3 years ago, still think about it sometimes.

choking you slowly ? if it was too heavy to hold with your arms and chest muscles you think your neck is gonna fair any more than 10 seconds, if it hasnt just snapped your neck ofcourse.

I'm a dyel so i use the machine to avoid shame

>use the machine
>to avoid shame
user, I...

Attached: boomer breakfast.png (662x502, 51K)

Nothing like that postworkout MRE, right user? Right...

at least when people see me on the machine they'll just pass it off as me being a newbie so yes it's less shameful

maybe your form really was bad? its concerning that you refused the criticism

It's not shameful. If I see someone repeatedly do it all the time I think they're retarded, though. Sure everyone misjudges now and again but guys who have a strong bench don't repeatedly pin themselves under the bar, only ego lifting dyels do. You don't need to constantly bench past failure to get a strong bench, when you're strong you actually know how to progress like someone who isn't retarded

120 kg 5 reps for the first time benching
Either you're lying or you have top tier genetics or You're a manlet with 5 inch long arms

Read it you cuck,

Obviously it wasn't his first time benching...

It was the first time benching 120kg.

Read a few more beginner books you retarded faggot

>at gym
>finishing up chest day, not fully satisfied
>finish off with 3x10 close-grip bench press
>10 pounds on each side because I’m a weak faggot
>literally fail and have to roll off TEN POUNDS
>everyone in the gym sees, people approaching me trying to help
not sure how I had the nerve to show my face there the next day

Attached: AFF5C6DF-3AAC-475E-8E5F-13BD7651EADA.png (782x758, 127K)

You finished off your chest day with a triceps exercise?

No wonder, they would be been badly fatigued.

Did I stutter? If you’re failing with a weight light enough to safely roll across your body you’re either doing 20 rep sets which is retarded or a DYEL

Yeah, I’ve only been lifting for like a month so I’m pretty novice on everything. I knew that I was supposed to do it earlier in the workout but I was frustrated and didn’t know any other excersizes

i mean, there's a high likelyhood your form was shit, given you were going out of your comfort-zone weightwise

you'd have to be irretrievably retarded

not if you're finishing your 3rd set

How many times do I have to say this? If you’re doing your 3rd set with a weight you can safely roll across your body it is shameful.

you're really tough bro

i felt this on a visceral level

I’m answering the question asked by the thread. Stay mad tho.

Just because you're a weak skeleton with a frail body that'd be crushed rolling 100kilos over it doesn't mean that everyone else is

Post body

You're a pussy if you can't handle rolling your 5 rep max.

No you aren't lol you're larping as a tough guy and giving away how much of a dyel you are in the process
I bench 3pl8 for reps and have rolled that off myself safely when I failnow and then, how heavy are you implying you bench that simply placing it on your chest slowly would kill you? Like 800lbs upwards???

You must have strong ass ribs then because I’m pretty sure I would fuck myself up if I rolled 3pl8s over my ribs and stomach

5x5 or 5x8?

Attached: 1565438161732.jpg (1280x951, 298K)

> first time benching 120kg

not first time benching nigger l2read

You’re a pussy if you can

we're talking about the roll of valour here not dropping it from full extension onto your ribs.
it's uncomfortable sure but it's not unsafe to do the roll with a lot of weight unless you're some sort of elite level power lifter

Yeah the move where you hit exhaustion drop it onto your chest and then slowly roll it down to your waist so you can sit up with it.
Maybe if I was fresh I could brace my core enough to do it comfortably but if I just spent the last of my energy on my last rep and failed, fuck all that.

just do the tilt in that case

>the absolute state of those wrists

Attached: nig.jpg (2048x1152, 286K)

That would be my preference between the 2 honestly. Luckily my sticking point is about half way up so if I start to fail I can usually get it on at least one of the lower pins on Pic related and if I’m doing a questionable amount of weight I just grudgingly Ask for a spot and hope they’re not one of those ITS ALL YOU BRO types who grabs the bar at the first sign of struggle.

Attached: B101E4AC-0658-41A8-BC14-E73485CD01F2.jpg (225x225, 5K)

If you're that much of a noob.

1. Close grip is a triceps exercise.
2. Your grip was likely too close.

I'm not forcing some well adjusted guy who just hit the gym after work to stare at my beer gut while I try and fail to bench 2pl8

You make the rep, or you die.

Yes because it means you're too autistic to ask for help

>touch bar on chest because it's 65 fucking pounds
>get a proper grip on it
>press
woooooow
Also, if you're a novice you don't need accessory exercises. Stick to the main lifts. Accessory exercises are for covering holes without fatiguing your CNS much more. Being a weak shit, you literally cannot fatigue your CNS considerably. So just fucking bench more

Yeah, you're right. I was trying to go with a story as ridiculous as I perceive OP's anxiety but I definitely overdid it.

What is this gay shit?

Home gym. Did it probably 15-20 times trying to get to 3plate bench. no shame, got my 3 plates.

weak

Only if you fart really loud (you probably would)

How do you find your optimal grip width for bench?

Attached: 42090783_2339931012690248_5311997980981592064_n.jpg (169x174, 6K)

i try to have my forearms directly 90 degrees under the bar.
i mean, if you have it at an angle you're just making it harder and asking for injury.